Should I buy this 5 speed '97 SC300?

Should I buy this 5 speed '97 SC300?

It has 295k miles.

The car is completely stock except for the mufflers. Comes with sales documents and paperwork from the original owner. Everything on the car works but the AC.

Seller is asking $4400 or best offer but I think i could get it for under $3k.

How well made were these SC300's?

Interior looks decent and comfy i might add.

>TWO-HUNDRED-NINETY-FIVE THOUSAND MILES
A car like that has had at least 900,000 rompings. You really wanna buy a car that's been beat on for 295k miles?

if i could get it for less than $3k i dont mind.

its only going to be a winter car.

>low rwD Japanese manual
>winter car

Stahp

Original owner is good but that's a fuckton of miles.

Just admit it you have dreams of a 2jz drift missile but don't have the funds or the ability.

If there is a safe bet "300k mile car" it's a one owner Lexus SC or LS

Just be ready to repair stuff that just degrades from age.

While i wouldnt recommend it as a winter daily it is a good car
That interior is very clean

Look up anything with a 2jz and youll find the lexus gs300 and such to have miles around that the engine is strong theres a reason people boost them to infinity and beyond

As long as that engine bay looks as good as the interior id say go for it but set asid some money for a couple repairs it is old and has some miles to her

Of course well never hear from you again so it really doesnt matter past this thread

what is snow tires

i never said its a one owner. its had 3 owners

if i buy it youll hear from me of course but if i don't then yeah of course.

Walk away 500k km milage is insane.

300K is 50k beyond what I'd consdier to be impressively but prohibitively high miles. It may well be a well-maintained car with lots of life left in it but asking 4400 for it is way too high.. I'd spend 2k tops on it.

Have you looked at hte undercarriage?

295k in a well maintained early lexus isn't disqualifying, especially with the 2jz (no shit).

I would have it checked out though.

>Have you looked at hte undercarriage?

nein i have yet to see it

yeah if i plan on buying it i will get a PPI

>what is a 500$ corolla

that's literally twice the blue book value for one in perfect condition. the price is offensive enough to know that you don't want to do any business with that person.

I had one, went 400k miles before I sold it with minimal issues (fuel pump and basic belts and shit). Those 2jz are SUPER reliable.

Do it OP the manual is pretty rare. Worst case, you put in a new motor (turbo) and bushings/suspension in the future. The seats will probably crumble apart fast. And the dash is known to stop working. SOME people had ecu problems back in the day but there are places that rebuild them for like $150. That's about it.

i can afford to spend a bit more.

Also want something a bit comfy.

lets see your $500 corolla that you used in the winter.

so even if can possibly jew him down down to $2k or $1500 i shouldnt try?

Ohh forgot to add that price is very high. $2-$2.5k is what it's worth with those miles.

whats the most you think i should pay for this?

>book value
LOL. Book value doesn't take into account rarity and the "bottom of the market". It also looks at trade it value which is 25% of real sales value.

I would stay firm at $2k if it was me, but they won't drop that low. Just let them know there are tons of others for sale for that price or less, and though it's a 5speed it's got very high miles.

>rarity
yeah, the mismatched wheels, dents, and scratches really set off the rarity of the manual sc. a true collectors car

Also look at the GS lexus. They are pretty damn comfy, can turbo the shit out of them, and they still look good with a drop and wheels.

the asking price most likely indicates that the seller is not a reasonable person. offer 2k and when he says no walk away.

if i had money to throw away, i would consider it.

pic related

sounds good lads

i want a manual.

those don't come manual.

if it's a original 97 sc300 manual then you will be the owner of 1 of 120. Many people have done swaps on their SC300s but only 120 of them were manual in 97. It's definitely a car you should get.

yeah i think its original.

Is it hard to find parts for these and how much are parts?

>Seller is asking $4400 or best offer but I think i could get it for under $3k.

Yes OP, you go ahead and Jew him down. $4400 is way too high for that car. Who knows what else it is going to need down the road. My experience when buying old, used up cars is that there is always something that needs fixing. Never mind the cosmetic issues. That shit can wait. Unless you are the kind of guy who puts looks over function.

Problem is that if she just replace the GE with a GTE, he's going to have to get a new tranny because those SC's came with a W58 which can't handle the 2JZ-GTE

Never trust a beater with 300k miles, even if it is a jap car. Have a backup ride ready.

I never thought I'd see that day where shitposters on Veeky Forums are trying to convince OP to buy a 295k mile lexus for fucking $4400. If you want real advice: Take it for $1200 and use the rest to replace the engine and transmission. $4400 for a car just to dick around with is way too much unless you're a millionaire.

It's not a classic mustang or firebird or celica, not even an AE86, just a lexus.

I bought a manual 94 SC300 with 67k miles for $1800 from auction, sold it for $3500 locally. So hell fuck no you shouldnt pay more than 2k for it especially with a blown R12 cooling system

just

Didn't even notice the wheels, what a scam! For under $3k you can have an SC400 clean inside and out. Tons more fun and still a solid Lexus drivetrain.

If you MUST have the 2jZ then obviously this discussion is moot as you will be modding

Every single car you just named is a complete shitbox, utter garbage. I despise Toyota and would still take an SC over any firecunt, shitstang, shelica or AE LOOK AT ME I CANT AFFORD THE BRZ I WANT

also FUCK GT86 for being a massive waste with its sub 200hp

>Didn't even notice the wheels, what a scam! For under $3k you can have an SC400 clean inside and out. Tons more fun and still a solid Lexus drivetrain.

Nigga you will not find an original 5 speed manual Sc400 because they didnt come with a manual

as for the mismatched wheels
here is the ad

>The car will come with all 4 original wheels, not the mismatched wheels in the pictures.

who said im paying $4400?

read the thread you fucking tard.

bump

im a fucking black beatle