/owg/ - Overwatch General

Talon All Over the Shop Edition You'll be one of them, sooner or later...

>Season 3 is live
>The rank that you receive after placement will be influenced by your rank from last season

>Also First Strike has been cancelled. Stop asking, you faggots

>Symmetra's changes
youtube.com/watch?v=elN-QGyToxM

>Official Website and Community
playoverwatch.com
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752015856

>PTR Patch Notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20379410

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Some shitty discord only autists care about
discord.gg/Mzpx4Yh

Stale bread:

Am I the only one that find genji deaths and sombra death scream extremely hilarious? Mainly sombra when she does this specific death scream i always let out a chuckle.

overwatch need helpful tips during the loading screen like dota 2 has

White hat or Gambler?

>still no GOTY edition

Will I get dumped from diamond if I don't play or does it stop at 3000?

I don't really like ranked but like getting those points, so staying in diamond to push my S4 placements up is preferable.

What do you do when playing 3v3 Elimination and some shitter on your team won't stop picking Hanzo/Widow?

riverboat

>placed in silver
>loss game after game
>continue to get terrible players, forced to heal despite loving healing
>starts to be a chore and have players complain about how terrible I am

I need actual people to play with.

It stops at 3000

>Favor the shooter
>cancels my rocket mid trajectory

literally bias

blizzard is impartial and professional!

>playing junkrat
>throw mine at McCree
>I can see the mine traveling mid air 1 inch from McCrees face
>Get flash stunned
>The mine disappears and the cool down resets as if I never threw it to begin with

This has happened plenty of times already. Is it a bug or intentional?

lucio and rein nerfs fucking when

>Both shimada brothers have pure bullshit abilities

What did blizzard mean by this?

I swear there is some fucking weeaboo in Blizzards HQ that gives all the orders. They are blatantly biased with Genji.

>tfw you figure out reinhardt's spray pattern

What are S4 placements?

I got placed in plat with 2679. Is that still shit tier or with that "re calibration" nonsense am I in a acceptable tier.

Average or maybe slightly above if the placements are working out how blizz wanted.

average sr is 3500

The week characters - Hanzo, Genji, D.va and Mei are really popular since animu fans and "hardcore gamers" are two groups that have a large overlap. So Blizz does things to cater to their audience since it is good for business.

>have the personality of junkrat.
stupid, snarky, makes shitty jokes often. Even filthy to an extent.

>Girlfriend has the personality of Mei. Cold, often pretty damn intelligent, Very sweet but can be a bitch, T H I C C.

My relationship is literally Rat x Mei. Try

This post is pretty cringeworthy. Please, do not say that to anyone you know IRL since they will secretly think you are autistic.

Where did you place?

Where do you actually belong?

>Placed
High plat
>Belong
low-mid diamond, already climbed there, might try to push it more but I feel like I am contributing less and less

Guess where I ended up

But I am autistic senpai, I browse /owg/.

Also why would I? Normies don't care about ow.

I play roadhog and lucio and feel I should have least placed in high gold. I'm not terribly shit at the game, I'm just not particularly experienced with a lot of heroes

I know its my own damn fault because the last 3 games i grouped withs ome people and we lost, but I felt I played pretty well

Whats the best way to get better? Or should I just kill myself?

tfw depressed

>Be big guy
>bf is skinny guy
>and he has a kink for masks

Literally roadhog and junkrat

>Sombra not F tier

What the fuck.

>Normies don't care about ow.

ahaha whaat

>literally below average in a meme game played by children and housewives

kill kys my man

silver.

Literally can not without knowing your rank in previous seasons. The system is busted and placement matches don't matter for shit. I think Blizzard fucked something up big time and we will see rollbacks on rankings.

They all flocked to battlefield, or titanfall 2.

OW was a norm game for a while then they flocked to a different shooter/game. It's what they do.

>15 hours in game
>get placed in gold
>team is using callouts
>i don't know where that is
>team ask me if im good at a hero
>i've never played him

Well yeah, Sombra played on a team that's actually organized and by a player that isn't trash that runs around hacking every health pack on the map isn't all that bad.

Yes1953

Last season I got 2249 and that was with 4 wins, 4 loses and 2 ties.

play some mystery heroes and 1v1 my man

great practice and no one will rage at you

So what happens if Season 3 is my first time playing competitive? Do placements matter more?

I'd imagine so

no, you'll get sorted into silver or gold.

>You must really like having me around
What did she mean by this?

Your quick play performance seeds your placements, IIRC. You'll probably start facing other competitive noobs with similar Quick Play MMR.

You're the reason I can't get that 9th arcade win, asshole.

Diamond.

Grandmaster, obviously.

Cute spider

what type of heroes are you guys hoping they'll add? in terms of toolsets/abilities

i sorta want some artillery hero. like a ranged mei who can keep people off points i guess.

I'm hoping for an Overwatch version of Reaper who shouts about how he never wanted to be a hero and how everyone he loves is dead.

His weapon will be a gunblade and his hair will be so sharp and pointy thanks to his military grade hairspray

Secretly hoping they add a new tank-tank. You know, the kind that's beefy and meant to take damage and be in front of his or her team.

>turn on ULMB
>accuracy goes up 13%

lmao

is this considered cheating?

Why did we make a thread 200 posts short of the limit?

My quick play MMR must be pretty high because it takes 3+ minutes to find a game and I played against Miso (#2 last season) a few matches during the off season. How fucked am I if I solo queue?

>blizzard is afraid to make dps good against tanks
>nerfing zarya must be the solution
>buff soldier so that he is annoying
>4 tank meta now
>this is a balanced and healthy game

I'd rather have genji meta desu

so many people still play overwatch my man, go outside sometime.

Autist who cant handle posting without images made a new thread.

I just hooked some guy and he DIDN'T get pulled through a wall.
What the fuck is going on?

it's an imageboard you troglodyte

ana needs to be nerfed. it's that simple. she's the main reason it's such a problem.

her grenade needed to be nerfed 5 months ago

bronze4lyfe

Tracer's scream when she falls off cliffs(rarely hear it) and Pharah's "AUGGH" always get a kek out of me.

>Be me
>Playing on a shitty laptop at 15 fps with everything low
>reaching just silver
>Getting a new Rig
>Playing S3
>After 9-1 in placements ended on silver again 1778
>Fuck this shit
>Keep playing and in 1 day reached 3500 SR

So now that I reached a decent place, should I keep into Masters?

Also I was reading that if you stop playing I will not decay from Diamond BUT there is the Skill Ranking that will still apply, what does that mean? that my placements on S4 will leave me on a shitty SR if I stop playing now that I'm diamond?

The best meta is when fan the hammer got nerfed and you can still pick duplicate heroes

>yfw yellow drop from an arcade lootbox

>>Be me
why mention this?
who else would you be you fucking retard

Genji's BEUGGH always makes me laugh, especially when it's at the end of a callout or ult voiceline.

It depends on your playstyle. Maybe things will be different this season, but in season 2, climbing in solo queue was about who could carry the best. It's a difficult place for support players and other heroes who depend heavily on having reliable allies.

In general, if you see a type of team tactic in a six stack of a certain skill rank, don't expect to see that tactic in solo queue for another 500 to 1000 ranks.

>I want to post more mommy and blueberry pics

You need to control yourself

Why would you whine about characters being overpowered?
After all, it's OVERwatch

AHAHUEHOHAHUHUEHAHEEHAHAHOHOHAHUEHEEHUEHUHUEHAH!!!1!one

>tfw my my mccree winrate is still very high simply because of the old fan the hammer days
>tfw never able to destroy the entire team with a single combo ever again

feels bad man

i miss those days, really. it was an annoying as fuck combo but at least it was fun to complain about and easy to use

Are you retarded or just another sperg who came here from /b/?

You that I can say
>Someone else
>A friend
>Another shitter

Jesus christ your parents must be ashamed of having a son like you.

I'm not enjoying this game anymore. I think my hidden MMR is fucked.

Every QP is LOPSIDED AS FUCKING FUCK, crazily so. I have a legit 10% winrate on some days, on good days its around 20%.
Every match the enemy tryhards like fuck with Genji, Ana, Zarya, Rein, while my team is no supports, Widowmaker, Bastion, Symmetra, etc.

I don't even know whats going on anymore. I'm not exaggerating.

It feels like playing as a 1500 SR team against a 2500-3000 SR team every game.

Did Blizzard shadowban me into some sort of punishment queue or what the fuck is actually going on with this motherfucking game?

Even if I'm bad, why do I get matched against good players that destroy not just me but all of my random teammates as well?
If I'm truly a crap player, why don't I get to face other crap players that are actually beatable for once?

It wasn't like this when OW was first released, but after about 2-3 months it suddenly started getting worse and worse, and by now it's become completely unbearably lopsided.
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS GOING ON, I WANT MY GAME BACK.

>game set in the future
>white people still exist

>Go 2-8
>Do really well in 9 out of the 10 games
>Get placed in Plat @ ~2700
Well i'll have to fight back to Diamond, but I have to say i'm pleased with how much my personal performance seemed to matter in placement matches this season.

Does anyone just get insanely tilted when people use voice lines after they kill you.

Like if a Genji spams "mada mada" after killing me I just want to fucking rage quit. One time I had a Soldier that literally spent the entire game saying 'Looks like you didn't make the cut" every time he killed someone.

Are you me bro

>Buy game last week on Black Friday sale
>Reach lvl 25
>See new competitive season is up
>Get placed in Gold
>Only play Junkrat and Pharah cause I have a few hours of TF2 under my belt

How am I in gold, I don't even perform well and I have friends who played this for few months and they are stuck in Bronze, the system is flawed or something?

>he thinks the race wars wont happen
either that or making sentient robot life unites humanity against omniggers.

fucking retarded newfag

Easy there OSU admin.

Happened to me once when a McCree kept killing me and followed it up with "Ya done?"

You have to be genuinely terrible to be in bronze. Like an old grandmother playing a shooter for the first time.

>HE HE HE, GEE GEEEEE

I am not sure if it is personal performance or if the system is broken. I keep getting 50 points for a win and losing 20 for a loss. They are handing out SR like candy these days.

Playing Overwatch with anger issues is dangerous yet I do it everyday

>the asians are the most cancerous heroes to fight against

rlly makes u think

Damn that makese senes, Bronze is reserved for girl gamers and literal 10 year olds then huh.

Gold must be the low end for anyone who's ever held a mouse in their life.

Only 60 years in the future. White baby Reinhardt would already be born in Germany.

>I'm a low gold shitter
>Worst 10% of players in every category except damage blocked on MasterOW
>been on tilt for over a month now, can't win games anymore, more than 80% of games are losses, even in QP

I guess it's time for me to stop, I'm not good at FPS and matchmaking doesn't seem to be adjusting me downwards so I could finally have fun playing against other shitters, instead I just get stomped by way better players match after match. Fuck this game. And fuck you Blizzard for jewing me out of my money then giving me this unplayable shit where I only get to be punchingbag for others.

>The german hero is white
>German map
>No mosque

really makes you ponder

I love how people quit games if they are not steam rolling the other team within the first 5 seconds of the match.

Take a break, stop playing competitive. If you still gotta play, go No Limits or Mystery Heroes so you can practise and remind yourself that you don't have to even try in those modes.

Then, when you're ready, strive to improve in competitive. But you need to chill out for a bit.

I was on a business trip to Stuttgart couple of days ago. Wonder if I stumbled upon him there :^)

Yeah, I'm still getting +37 to +40 for victory and -19 or -20 on defeat. When I was at this same point in S2 I was getting +20, -30.

Not that I'm complaining. Needing a 67% winrate just to tread water was bullshit.

What are Omnics anyway, just sentient robots who fought back cause muh AI enslavement?

Robots are just machines do they really expect people to side with robots and try to leave peacefully with them?
Nigga just pull their plugs nigga turn off the robotss, is omnic crisis even real nigga.

Who said anything about those hoes? I wanna post cute ninjas

how would you stumble upon a baby? And even if you do how would you know it's a Reinhadt baby? All babies look the same

That's the thing, user. It continues in Arcade as well.
A few days ago, the weekly lootbox reset was nearing and I still had 6 more wins for 2 boxes left.

It took me legit 5 hours - 6 wins - 40ish losses.

Something just CAN'T be right with this god damn system. I'm actually thinking of writing to Blizz support so they can reset my MMR or adjust it by -1000 or something, my fun has been completely ruined for months now.