My exhaust is so rad it melts my bumper

my exhaust is so rad it melts my bumper

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/INJEN-SP1230WB-SP-SERIES-SHORT-RAM-INTAKE-W-HEAT-SHIELD-FOR-SCION-FR-S-BRZ-/401115319546?fits=Model:BRZ&hash=item5d64560cfa:m:mO2eLjMzR8z-0NGrTTy7w6Q&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mine too

Brz? Are you the dude that changed the "dual" exhaust to 1?

yeah

Good looking car. How many miles have you put on yours? Got mine middle of 2013, 74,000 miles already.

same, just managed 35000 miles though.

done anything to yours yet?

Only clutch work. I hate the feel from factory. Replaced mine with exedy clutch, throwout bearing, pressure plate and flywheel. Feels way tighter now. I want to do wheels/suspension asap, but I love it as is.

And I want to do exhaust.

how much work was all of that? I'd imagine that was one of the last things I'd end up doing.

did you try and just remove the clutch return spring thing first and drive it around? that alone makes it feel a lot less spongey

Well I took advantage of subaru because my throwout was making noise. So they did a goodwill repair since it was out of warranty. The final cost hit 1,300 USD. 1 year warranty on the work/parts, and 5 full synthetic oil changes as well as a 500 dollar coupon type thing for any parts/labor from subaru.

that's not too bad. yours is already out of warranty though?

Power train was only 60k

I figured while they were in there might as well change it all.

ah I see.

I'll probably hit the 5 year limit before the mileage.

Drives like it's brand new now. How's yours holding up?

Also, that clip clutch sleeve took 3 weeks of shipping. They said there wasn't one in the entire country, and that toyota had them. Toyota sent 12 out and I got 1.

had some small issues. mostly cracked taillights, LED lights with water in them, steering wheel rotting off. all been fixed now though.

considering getting my first transmission and diff fluid change. the shifting is starting to get a bit notchy

Fuck the steering wheel. Wtf is with that. And fuck those tail lights too

mostly seems these are only 2012-13 issues though. so hopefully they'll stay fine now.

Can you dump any pics of yours?

Got damn that garage

its last hour of ridiculous twin exhaust

now we burnin bumper

Did you paint everything yourself? Looks good man.

just rubbersprayed it, but its holding up really good.

regret not taking the panels next to the AC controls as well, but they were a bitch to get out.

Mannnn looks awesome. I am officially jealous.

thanks. people can argue all the want whether enclosed ram intakes gives you gains at all, but they sure as hell clean up the engine bay nicely

all black oem plastic has to go, all of it.

What does it sound like without the sound tube bullshit

I dont know if mine ever worked, never heard it or understood what it was supposed to do. in any case the intake alone made the car sound right at least. dunno about any power gains but it felt a deal more responsive on the throttle.

im glad its out anyways, I hate clutter.

Now I want to start ripping shit out. How much was that injen setup?

Adorable

250 ebay bucks, you can probably shop around and save some cash.

I couldn't recommend any other intake systems as they either lose power/gain nothing on dynos. Injens seem to be pretty consistent on giving small gains. installation is shit easy as well.

ebay.com/itm/INJEN-SP1230WB-SP-SERIES-SHORT-RAM-INTAKE-W-HEAT-SHIELD-FOR-SCION-FR-S-BRZ-/401115319546?fits=Model:BRZ&hash=item5d64560cfa:m:mO2eLjMzR8z-0NGrTTy7w6Q&vxp=mtr

speaking of ripping shit out.

what car is that?

R32 GTR

Just bantz, I would reposition that tip off of your bumper if I were you tho.

its fine usually. but the airflow pushes the exhaust tip into the bumper at high speeds.

not much I can do about it, other than living with an ugly ass bumper.

and this is a long shot, but you dont know how far above the ground your exhaust is sitting? mine is hanging 4 inches above the road right now, really dont know if I want to go and lower it any further. especially not in norway with our massive speed bumps and awful roads.

Get up under there with some cable ties or safety wire?

The lowest part of my exhaust is about 9cm off the ground.

any scraping driving it around?

Not really, I have a really stiff suspension and Japanese roads are pretty smooth for the most part.

would have been fun and try a 2'' drop, but I think I'll just stay safe and stay at oem ride height.

Single exit life. Some retard kids dented the shit out of my good. Should I go carbon fiber or nah? I find the vast majority of cf hoods tacky as hell, but I know that to keep cool with FI (future planning) on track you need a vented hood.

holy shit there's more of us?

let me guess, you got the HKS?

cf hoods on the 86 is kinda stupid imo. OEM bonnet is already featherlight

if you're going for turbo, go crazy though.

>tfw brzcucks loose to a FUCKING v6 Camry

what delete cover is that? got the cover from the ft86 people myself but havent bothered bolting it on yet.

absolutely

Did you guys remove your diffusers or just not buy the option

then you definitely lose to said camry

wasnt even an option for me. about 5000 different aftermarket ones though, none of which ill ever consider. its a 200hp car at the end of the day.

>its that one BRZ poster with his awfully boring car spamming images of it everywhere
get a trip so i can filter you

>get a trip so i can filter you

sounds like you need a box of tissues instead.

haha cool story bro

damn thats strange, i assumed if you went with the limited package that it just came on it. which trim do you have? (not that there is much of a difference)

2013 premium limited

been seeing a bunch of strange OEM spoilers recently as well.

same here

Tanabe concept G

It's from ft86speedfactory

Never had one

well shit, now im thinking of removing that too. looks good with, or without it to me.

I have a wrx lmao I eat Camry all day every day

Is this some sort of joke

It's as much of a joke as you are autistic

it's no where near as bad as it gets. Let this "mild" autism slide or face the wrath of shakotan.

mine keeps my seat warm

Because it's not mounted correctly, it's too close to the bumper on the left side, and too far from it on the right. It's practically touching.

>Because it's not mounted correctly, it's too close to the bumper on the left side, and too far from it on the right. It's practically touching.

FRS eats WRX though, so what does that mean?

this, you should loosen the clamps a little and get it to hang correctly then mark the joints and tighten it. Don't be afraid to bend the hangers if you have to. fucking amateurs.

>my exhaust is so rad it melts my bumper
Disperse the heat across more exhaust outlets and the amount of heat at any one location will be much less.

Hang Low
Sweet Chariot

My exhaust on my06 sti

Nothing. Like usual. You aren't even comparing vehicles in the same class... Or market

1 second that's it?

faggot claimed wrx 'eats' camry

yet its beat by a BRZ.

in case you forgot, this is Veeky Forums, and here we even get hung up on decimals.

>my exhaust is so rad it melts my bumper