2005 Subaru Outback

2005 Subaru Outback
>5 speed manual
>emissions ready
>rust free
>180k miles (mostly highway miles)
>$2500 obo

How are these as dd's?

Should i even be looking at something this "new" with miles that high?

Other urls found in this thread:

newhaven.craigslist.org/search/cto?hasPic=1&max_price=3500&auto_fuel_type=1&auto_title_status=1&auto_transmission=1
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5838836266.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5868847742.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5840578951.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5860351735.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5833847703.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5845507916.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5856501013.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5829199432.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy a civic for 3k instead. You don't need awd.

I live in New England and the winters here are nasty and AWD helps a bit.

Snow tires.

Do it, BL/BP Legacy/Outbacks are fantastic cars. You won't be disappointed. Make sure you get the timing belt done at about 200k.

What if he needs something with cargo space? This has plenty, a civic doesn't.

And AWD with snow tires is even better.

'05s don't have that Head Gasket problem most Subaru were plagued with right?

Nope. They revised the headgaskets in 2004 to an MLS style instead of the paper mâché and hopes and dreams they were made of before. These have an EJ253, only the EJ25D and EJ251 (1995-2004) have the issues. Of course a few will still have headgasket issues, but any car from any make will have a few anomalies that blow a headgasket either from a manufacturing defect or owner neglect (not changing coolant ever). If it's made it to 180k without needing one it's 99% going to be ok.

Unless you have a milkshake in your oil or coolant, or bubbles in your overflow tank while it's running, you're golden.

All of them do. It's a bitch to change the spark plugs and the oil filter is surrounded by exhaust manifold. Subarus are only worth the maintenance nightmare when they have a turbo or h6. Inline engines are better in every way. You might consider an ep3 for 4-5k.

It does not have the ring of fire, that's only 08+ NA Imprezas and 5th gen Legacy GTs. Its exhaust manifold looks like this. Spark plugs also aren't too hard if you remove the battery and air filter housing, and you can jack up the engine if you want.

sounds good I'll keep that all in mind.

>It's a bitch to change the spark plugs
not at all, im looking at how to change the spark plugs and all you need to remove is the airbox. sure its in a weird fucking spot but who cares.

and Im trying to get a car under $3k

Which is ridiculous compared to
>open hood
>unbolt and remove ignition coils
>unbolt spark plugs

Just post your local Craigslist

newhaven.craigslist.org/search/cto?hasPic=1&max_price=3500&auto_fuel_type=1&auto_title_status=1&auto_transmission=1

here, i have already ticked off manual transmission, clean title, and gas for fuel. Also price maximum is set at $3500

good luck trying to find something better than that subaru for the same price or cheaper

I drive a 2006 outback xt with 200k and its gr8 gut auto

how much of a bitch is it to change spark plugs or do you get a mechanic to do that?

Do you have another 1500 for things to fix immediately after purchase for any car you get?

yeah.

so whats up my dude, wheres the car youre going to find me?

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5838836266.html

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5868847742.html

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5840578951.html

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5860351735.html
Get it for 500 and put in 1500 in repairs

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5833847703.html

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5845507916.html

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5856501013.html

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5829199432.html

all of those cars are garbage esp the Volkswagens but the '03 and '05 civic are cars I'll check out.

The 1.8t is great. The only thing you have to worry about is window regulators and hard to change headlight bulbs. The sentra looks great too.

I don't know where this sparkplug meme came from but changing the plugs in my legacy was easy as fuck

i dont like volkswagen beetles and i dont find anything appealing about the sentra.

Factory stainless steel braided brake lines, 177hp, 2500lbs

I have a 3rd gen outback but an 08 so it has the refinements from over the years. I dd mine, What trim is yours?

nigga tf u talking about

OP, Subaru owner here. Currently over 200k miles. Has LPG which does not lubricate the engine nearly as good as petrol. Shifting into first and reverse is becoming slowly a pain. Syncros on second are starting to go as well. The engine does not work properly on petrol probably ignition timing or injectors. Rust is an issue. My car is 17 years old, the problem might have been fixed on later models.

sounds good famalam