>cross drilled rotors
>Honda performance wheels
>lighter body
>"new more powerful" turbo engine
>LSD
>adaptive steering and suspension

>no hatch version
>comes out NEXT YEAR

They're gonna have to say some good shit if they want to recover from this flop. I guess I'll just stick with the Sport trim hatch and have one sooner rather than later and avoid the (probably) $8k difference in price.

I don't like what they did with the look of the body

IMO the 2015 si will always be my favorite version

>>cross drilled rotors
You can get fancy rotors for your car too
>honda performance wheels
typically a compound used by michellin, nothing fancy but regular summer slicks
>lighter body
lither than the 2016 civic maybe but still way heavier than the 2015 civic si
>LSD
the other civic si's already had this
>adaptive steering
they already had this too
>suspension
this isn't new

>new more powerful turbo engine
probably a 2.0L (down from their 2.2L) with the dinky turbo in the 2016 civic

I like the front but the rear is really odd. The 9th gen rear was real nice. Probably my favorite post 90s generation.

The styling combined with the turbo / manual trim plus a hatch option PLUS affordability has me completely enamored with this generation of civic. It's a shame I don't find the SI to be worth it, and the TypeR will be out of my budget for sure.

They said on the stream it's still a 1.5L turbo, making the announcement even more confusing / worse.

>turbo k series civic with lsd
Fuck yes. 300+ hp aftermarket kits when

>They said on the stream it's still a 1.5L turbo, making the announcement even more confusing / worse.
oh god really?

Their 2016 base Civic LX has a 2.0L NA based on the pre 2015 version's

I agree, I like the front, very sleek and powerful looking, the rear looks so odd with its hexagonal lights and rounded trunk

>base 2016
I meant their new base 2017, went to a car show that had a 2.0L NA Civic LX

>k series

The 1.5 Turbo engine is not a K series engine.

Regardless, I'm pretty disappointed with the engine choice. Wish it came with a detuned 2.0T instead but I guess then people would just buy the SI and tune it to match the Type R.

I am excited for the adaptive steering/suspension, the "most powerful civic si to date", the 6MT, the wheels, the interior, exterior, and everything.

Call me a fanboy, I don't care.

My bad I got exicited. Hopefully Honda will become known for reliable high hp/liter turbo engines, like they where for n/a engines.

yea it sucks they really should have went with their old 2.2L from the 2015

seriously thats a HUGE amount of displacement lost, wouldn't be surprised if they lose a lot of torque over it

>civic
>fuckhuge american sedan sized piece of trash
what the fuck happened to the babby sized civic

they made it way bigger from the 2015 model. Its got the same wheel base and length as the Accord now

the Accord is highly redundant its strange

>Its got the same wheel base and length as the Accord now

>down from their 2.2L
2.4 if im correct

They should make the Accord a v6 AWD machine and compete with the Subaru WRX and Mitsu Lancers

>way bigger than the fuckhuge 2015 civic
WHY? I thought they made it smaller to save weight.

Yea I think you're right, they had a way bigger engine.

Where is all the power coming from?

Don't forget that the turbo does add a significant amount of power.
Testing has shown that the EX-T with the 1.5 turbo engine is faster than the 9th Gen K24 Si models.

I do hope that the turbo engine will be reliable, and is a screamer as well. Otherwise it's not a Honda.

I'm hoping it does have more reinforced internals more so than the base model 1.5 Turbo engines, or comes with real VTEC and not Dual VTC.
Otherwise the Si will just be a poor seller.

Nope, its longer, slightly wider, and definitely heavier. The pre 2015 civics look small in comparison. Its a mid-sized sedan now

Turbos won't make up for 60% reduction in displacement, the 2015 civic made 205HP

actually I'm wrong its only like 100 pounds lighter

Yes, yes they can.
That's the whole purpose of a turbo

thats what turbos do, make up for displacement

With a lack of displacement it'll have a hard time filling the turbo.

This is a HUGE drop in displacement from their previous models. Not saying displacement is everything but this is on par with them putting their honda fit engine into the new 2016 civic then putting a turbo on it because the fit engine doesn't make the power (or torque) to push it on its own

Honda just needs to ditch the current accord, call the 4 door civic an accord, call the 2 door civic a prelude, and call the fit the new civic and mak it a sporty 3 door. Boom. All of honda's problems solved, but they will never do it, because honda will never admit they fucked up.

not gonna lie, that would be fucking cool

>filling the turbo
Literally wat

yea it would. a V6 AWD accord would give the WRX and Impreza a good run for 29 to 36k

Honda magic. When the b16 camenout everyone thought that there was no way 1.6 could make that power, drive smoothly and be reliable. But it managed to do all of those and get crazy good gas mileage.

Doesn't the turbo act in the same way an Afterburner on a jet does and instead of reburning the exhaust the turbo it uses exhaust to spool the turbo? The spinning compounds power with the turbines' fan?

When your engine's volume can't push large turbos its inefficient as fuck and it won't spool?

Turbos use exhaust gas expansion to spin the turbine.

Honda isn't going to put an oversized turbo on an engine that small, they're going to fit a small one
SeeHonda is more than capable of producing a tiny forced induction engine that pushes out 200-250hp+

I kind of wish Honda kept it NA.

High HP NA engines were Honda, ''s thing. Stick a new version of the S2000 motor in the new Si.

How much boost is the stock 10th gen Civic's turbo pushing?

Are the internals capable of going beyond it? What else would have to be done to bits of power.

As far as I know they're reserving VTEC + turbo for the TypeR, though I guess they said they were going to make small announcements about the Si throughout the course of the next few months so we'll have to see.

I believe that they're running 16-18 PSI

I think that would be dumb to reserve the VTEC + turbo for the Type R only, as it is confirmed that the 2.0T engine is reserved for Type R only. If it doesn't have VTEC or at least a more reinforced engine over the 1.5T in the EX-T and Hatchback, then what's the point of getting an Si?

I believe Honda would be making a huge mistake if it was offered without VTEC or a more reinforced tuner friendly engine.

what the fuck is honda doing
>babby engine with FUKK HUGE turbo because the car is so fucking pigfat it cant move without the added torque

this
the type r engine was making 185 from a 1.6
my suspect that this new 1.5t will be making 210-215
heard it here first boissss
but why get this when a GTI can get to almost 300 with a tune and some bolt ons.
They are literally cucking themselves with that. But hey who needs more than 300 from a FWD anywho

This; high revving, low displacement NA engines were always Honda's signature feature. I really think this new SI lost something that made Honda special

The JDM S2000 motor made almost 250HP with an NA I4.

They can't reuse that engine since the Civic is FWD, but it shows that they could make a competitive NA Civic Si if they really wanted to. They could also start doing weight reduction again.

I'm guessing they're going with the turbo because they're too cheap to come up with a new engine just for one car. The turbo will probably be derived from the 1.5T used in the regular Civic. I also think it's lame that the Type-R is using a turbo. They should make a turbo charged AWD Accord Type-R if they really want to compete with the WRX and Golf R.

>fwd

My Fiesta ST has a 1.6L that makes 240HP on a small turbo. 205+ on a 1.5T is a non issue.

Cool meme

>fwd
>pigfat
>1.5L engine (a y y l m a o)
>overpriced
>collaborative design by helen keller & stevie wonder
>interior """""quality"""""

the 9th gen civic si will always be the g.o.a.t
try to prove me wrong
>protip: you fucking can't

EK9 Civic Type-R is the Civic Godmachine.

>Only 2366 lbs
>185HP from 1.6L NA I4
>Clean, minimalist styling
>Small and nimble
>Great reliability and excellent gas mileage

sorry, i couldn't hear you over the blinding & autistic bubble styling.

please stop offending my eyes with that monstrosity.

Nah he's right
EK9 is the GOAT civic.

ew

Sick car bro

EF, EG, and EK hatchbacks will always be the holy trinity of Civics. EGs still outnumber every other Civic at car shows still and they're starting to officially become antique now.

Looks kinda like the CRZ, cool.

I think it's time to sell my 08 civic and pick this mean looking qt up

So basically this is Honda's WRX/Ralliart
And the Type R is the STI/EVO but both of them aren't AWD because hurr Honda?

Only good lookin type-r was the EK9..the EP3 has a honorable mention

>liking americanized shit design
kek, bet you eat at burger king for breakfast

Its the size of a 7th gen accord coupe.

Honestly i really like the newer coupes look.

Lights give it a hexagonal spoiler look. If you remover the lights it has the curves of a 911s rear.

1.5t usually have pretty good engine balance unlike most odd decimal displacements.

I don't like change. I will miss VTEC.

>american't won't have the type-r

>four doors

Gross I can totally see someone taking an Si and swapping Type R parts

>just as long or even shorter wheelbase
>making good use of space for practicality
>lol its inferior

we get a coupe variant as well apparently.

it still has vtec

>we'll never get back to the goold old days of RR people carrier hatchbacks

please stop offending my existence by continuing yours