What does Veeky Forums think of my car

What does Veeky Forums think of my car

Always had a soft spot for the Eclipse

That car is fucking sack

You get in an accident with that car you're getting rekted man fuck that shit yolo not to mention bitches might think you're gay or some shit driving that car I'm not with that shit

I used to think they were pseudoferraris when I didn't know anything about cars.

Eclipse bro! Always loved these cars from seeing them in FnF and those early 2000's racing games like NFS and Midnight Club. My GT Spyder definitely lived up to my expectations. I'm surprised anyone here actually likes them besides me.. I thought Veeky Forums hated Eclipses and the likes because of the FWD.

Actually we just hate you my man :)

If it's not 1g or 2g turbo awd it's trash

V6?
Manuel?

I like that set up...heavy sure...torque steer sure....but cool looking and fun

But the absolute best best best thing ever is the robot looking radio face

meh

Not bad in v6 manual. Better cars to drive but at least its not that slow.

God damn I miss my eclipse. First car and I only had it for 8 months because the radiator and head gasket both blew.

I know how you feel.. Engine's dying on mine and I'm replacing it very soon but that means I have no car this week. It is absolute torture. I think after I get it fixed up I'll continue to lightly modify it, keep it for a few years, and save up for a Corvette C4. Flip up headlights > Pop up headlights

Never got the chance to mod mine. I wanted to but didn't know shit about working on cars back then.

DO YOU LIKE
MY CARRR

I don't know too much but I'm learning. I just need some more tools. I'm hoping to do some basic stuff like a light exhaust, pod filter, strut braces, etc. It won't make a huge difference but at least it will be a learning experience. Getting lowered springs and tinting the windows might also be on my todo list. If I was crazy and had the money for another car to DD, I would love to turn it into a crazy offroad "battle car" with a lift kit, bullbars, and of course rally fogs.

If you don't have one yet, a front upper strut bar is easy to install. It's a good place to start if you're still learning and you should only need a wrench

Yeah I know how easy they are to install, thanks. I was also thinking of some braces that go under the car, but I need to get a jack and some jack stands before thinking about that.The main mod I want to do is an exhaust. Something not too loud, I mostly want it for weight reduction because Eclipses, and Mitsus in general, are heavy beasts. Especially the Spyder.

Yeah these cars are pretty heavy. Even the base 4cyl was like 2800 pounds.

Also eBay jack stands are like 20 bucks and work great

Veeky Forums mostly hates them because its like buying a 4cyl accord coupe. power weight ratio for the price didnt match up.

>Eclipse
>Not a Plymouth Laser
Neck yourself

3rd gen and up isn't a true DSM anymore.

this guy gets it. Honestly would rather try to find a GVR4 instead of a clean ass GSX, personally.

I have a hard one for Laser. A construction dude at highschool owned a nice looking one.

my buddy in high school had a 3g auto 4 banger with a fart cannon, was slow as fuck but pretty reliable and fun sounded good with the can. 4th gens was the only one i drove with the v6 and a stick, they drive extremely well and easy to learn, light clutch and easy gear shifts

while i agree about the power, accords and the like are better with the 4cylinder, weighs less for perfect weight distribution and far more potential as far as turbo etc which is why the tsx has the 4 banger...

Good point about it not being true dsm. I actually was really close to buying a 2g 4 cyl spyder but the dealer sold it the day we agreed to have it delivered to me. It's a shame cause the 2g was post facelift and beautiful, but at least I got the more powerful v6 in the 3g

I like the 1g style with pop-ups, but I think the 2g eclipses look the best. That's a shame man, but how was the v6 in you're 3g?

It was a good engine until something went wrong over the weekend.. a piston went I think. The 200 hp isn't anything to wrote home about but it's still better than my old ek civic. Only revs to 6k though. The car was very fun to drive and the convertible top was grest through the summer, riding to the beaches with it down and taking in the scenery. Kinda sucks in winter cause the seals are not so great so frost forms on the inside and outside of the windows. Need to get that fixed

>tfw love the Eclipse but hate FF

Don't particularly like the newer ones (around 2006ish or so), but really liked the generation before that.

If they made them FR I'd be driving one. Sadly, I like fun.

literally slower than a fucking land barge crown vic.

Nah man both had about an 8 sec 0-60