/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-browsernag-no-more-fiddler-4-tutorial-for-bypassing-browsernag.450916/#post-6881002
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278304-gdrive-mega-super-mario-maker-usa-eur-multi8-1-02-updates-gw-cfw.html?highlight=mario maker
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Super Mario Maker 3ds level injection when

anyone wanna rub dicks while installing cfw?

Nintendo knows when you're using homebrew CIA's. It's only a matter of time until you all get banned.

Why can't I still play loadline Wii U online?

because with loadiine you're playing mii maker.

but homebrew isn't illegal
:^)

11.0 slowhax when?

Oh. I guess I'll keep waiting.

>I try to unban my 3ds
>It fucking works

10th for イラスト交換日記 with ALL DLC where

I might. Maybe. I don't know, I'm not 100% on this.

First time hacking this fucker. Took me 2 hours.
Yet i dont know.
Some sites say i should update my 3ds after install the hack.
Dont know what to do. My 2ds came with 6.0.0.12U

When will nintendo learn that they can't stop the pirates?

what do i need to do to get NTR viewer working again on 11.2?

if you applied the proper patches and your version reads Sys X.X.X-X yes, you should update

I need you to be 100% on it, no ragrets.

Are USB 3.0 drives like this backwards compatible with Wii?

just wanted to let anons that are trying to get browserhax for those black friday n3ds that

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-browsernag-no-more-fiddler-4-tutorial-for-bypassing-browsernag.450916/#post-6881002

really helps. Also make sure you rename the ropbin payload you downloaded to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin or else you get stuck on a grey screen.

Good luck, anons

How do I update a game without using eshop? I need to update Mario Maker but don't want to download it from eshop because it rdeletes my theme pack that takes ages to download.

>Not using freeshop to steal the files directly from their servers

Update using a cia or freeshop

>I'LL STEAL IT!
>NINTY WILL NEVER KNOW!

>tfw still clinging to 4.01

>ninjahax has been taking more and more tries lately to reach homebrew menu

PS3 peeps:
Did BlazBlue Central Fiction have DLC on PS3? Where the PKG at?

Shit, I don't know. Maybe.

No maybe, yes or no. I need 100% here.

>Accidentally left OTP.bin file in A9LH folder
>3DS no longer comes on.
Am I fucked? I know it's a brick, I just need to know if it's fixable.

Does Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for Wii U have an english translation patch?

Lol

Free shop only has the game for some reason, not the update and I'm too comfy to manually download

F

lol

freeshop is a CIA. freeshop's product code is just "freeshop" with a title id that doesn't exist.
FBI is "CTR-P-CFBI" with another title id that also doesn't match a legit game. nintendo knows everytime you open one of these (or any other homebrew app) while connected to the internet.

Fuck. It's that limited edition black friday Zelda one from launch too.

I don't see any manual downloads anyplace.

>believing leddit

but user, I have FBI injected into H&S :^)

Time to pull out the soldering iron.

Fuck that, Super Mario Maker (EU) when?

>Implying I have a fucking soldering iron lying around

Already in the works and it seems like we'll even be able to do it on the 3DS.

they read as 2.0

well, buy one ya twerp

Read troubleshooting, no one actually bricks

Kinda.
I had issues with mine.
It didn't like Emunand.
The newest CIOS that you can get froze when booting and mounting the thing.
Works with a slightly older CIOS.
Also didn't like ripping disks to it and would freeze.
I think switching to IOS58 for usb support gave better stability.
Also NTFS just shits the bed.
Have to use FAT32 or if you're crazy WBFS.

But that's just me. I'm an idiot and when I went from a USB2.0 mini cruizer to the USB3.0 mini sandisk fit thingy it have me many headaches for days till I could figure it out.

But now it works fine and plays games no prob and I have like 60 wii games on it. (128gb)

>eu 3ds titlekey for mayro makro is still not out
god damn it

> The newest CIOS that you can get froze when booting and mounting

I forgot to say I use USBLoaderGX

Buy a 20-30 dollar kit then get to work on an old remote you have lying around.

found it
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278304-gdrive-mega-super-mario-maker-usa-eur-multi8-1-02-updates-gw-cfw.html?highlight=mario maker

So is it too late to systen transfer? My O3DS is on its last leg, and I was gonna get a N3DS for myself soon.

Guys how do you install DLC and updates after you install the game in the vita?

Hmmm maybe I'll just stick to a 2.0 model like this one. It's going to be purely for playing Wii backups.

Currently I have a smaller capacity version in WBFS format, but I hear that format is no longer necessary

Just install the latest CIA. Check the op's pastebin or google the astronautlevel2's github.

Wheres the BBCF ps3 download?

It's not too late, just make sure you have a DSiWare game that you obtained legitimately(so no pirated versions).

Anyone tried the .3DS EUR version of Mario Maker that's on 3dsiso? It comes with the 1.01 patch too

around, gamerlz, gazellegames, etc. have it.

Seems like the release is new and no DLC (yet) so yay.

So it's not possible for me anymore. Well, fuck.

Oh fuck, wait, Legend of Exidua is still an option. for a system transfer, does the base 3da or the target 3ds need the eshop games?

The base 3ds needs it. It's a system transfer after all.

Nevermind, I got it. Holy fuck, I still have a chance, thank fuck.

Can i use ntr cfw on latest luma?

There's no way for Nintendo to check if you downloaded a game through eshop or freeshop?

That's sad.

Okay, EShop doesn't work for some reason. I've known it hasn't been working since I got an Emunand, but I never bothered fixing it, even now that i've got a9hl. What do I do here?

Can we get ticket files off eshop games yet?

So to play Wii games via USB, can my USB be in NTFS or Fat32 format, instead of WBFS format?

Alright Veeky Forums, im on the last step of my n3ds hack but after injecting the fbi and i rebooted it says failed to mount ctrnand. i fucked up but im pretty sure i didnt fuck the ctrnand part. what are my options? btw i skipped section IV in the arm9loaderhax instructions because i was confident it didnt apply to me, did i fuck up?

i assume you mean wiiu, not yet, but you can run a temporary sig patch to play them anyway

Any of the three are fine. Just use an up-to-date loader, and it should work.

If that's true then why aren't we all baned yet? Or why do bans don't occur more often at least? I've personally never heard of anyone being baned for using freeshop or ciangel

temporary sig patch? is this anything like just running them off loadiine?

Should I update my PS4?, I'm losing faith in these hackers and I want to access PSN

It's a shitty reddit meme. The proof is in what you said: Nintendo can't see custom roms being ran. If they could, they could have distinguished easily between the legitimate reviewers who went online early with Pokemon, and the hackers. The fact they just did a blanket ban is proof that they cannot.

So; Weird left side questions and stuff here:
Anyone know how's Pinball arcade for N3DS coming along? I would love to have it for my 3DS even if cellphone thing already exists.

K, thanks for clearing that up, user

Interesting. Did any reviewers get banned?

Yes. Reviewers that went online early were permabanned along side everybody else. People who acquired the game early were also banned. Supposedly Nintendo was willing to lift bans for those who produced proof of purchase, but who knows whether that was ever true as it was never confirmed.

If I unban my 3ds, is there any chance I'll get baned again or am I clear until I do some stupid shit like we did with the pkm leaked cias?

Don't do stupid shit, and we do not know. So far there have been no repeated bans for users who did not do stupid shit like using the one luma patch.

Just to be clear, it's safe to update to latest firmware on CFW right?

We don't what level of hack the PS4 will have, it might be below 4.05 forever and offline only.

Buying another PS4 for OFW would be the best choice imo

On emuNAND / a9lh, sure. Just update through system settings and not through any nag prompts.

Also if you're not on a9lh, really, look at getting it soon.

Luma patch? How does it work and why is it stupid?

Thanks.

There was a luma patch to get around the 022 console ban. Not only did Nintendo supposedly patch it, but they also doubled up the hyper ban on the retards who used it.

those retards got banned because everyone's device-id was set to 1234 or some shit.

I heard they banned their NNID. The guys who did it fucked their wii u too kek

Yup. Really fucking dumb idiots. It takes true heroes to get hyper hyper banned.

What errors could be preventing me from playing .cias online?
I can't seem to connect online with anything

I'm on a9lh

long time since the last time I downloaded a game, do you still use VPK?
can I just change the ZIP file to VPK?

What error are you getting?

get mai dumps

is there any problem with vpk?
what make maidumps better?

If I am installing a Wii U game with WUP Installer that I already have Save Data, DLC, and Update for, will that data be overwritten if I install to USB drive? (the data mentioned is on the USB drive) If so, is there any way I can keep my data?

so, if I want 4.81 CFW for PS3 for them online features, what few of at least, for now what would /hbg/ tout as a good alternative that has 4.81 CFW out?

100% this
>not banning 3500 users
its only a matter of time

No, the data mentioned stays, and will work with the installed game fine. Problems arise if the data is on your system and you install on USB or whatever, and even then just uninstall, move the data on USB, install again or something.

dlc support/don't have to transfer huge ass .vpk file that has to use double the space to install