Decide my life Veeky Forums

So I need outside perspective on making a choice

within a few minutes I need to let this guy know whether or not I'm gonna buy his shitbox celica.

I have $2400 to my name, and the car costs $1500, I can sink the remaining $ into the car after registration/insurance ~$200

I should probably get something reliable to get me through college, but after my old car broke down and I sold it, my mother gave me our old family shitbox to use so I have fairly reliable transportation

I can either get a nice, low mileage 1996 corolla DX or something of that nature, or I can get a old-ass RWD Celica with 300k on it, but with the 22re rebuilt with all new seals, gaskets, honed/machined etc. A number of other things to bring it up to shape
All maintenance records and no rust

I kind of want to be spontaneous and be Takumi, because the car is basically an AE86 but also basically a Toyota pickup so I figure it would be pretty reliable

This decision will certainly have a profound impact on my life, presently and in the future - I can take the plunge in owning an 80's japbox project, or stick with the safety of a reliable commuterbox

First few replies decide my fate, i know it's a slow board

pic related, the celica

I also decided to get high as fuck for the first time in a while after looking at the car, and the whole prospect seems pretty romantic but idfk, if anyone's seen Mr. Nobody, the movie sums it up perfectly

>within a few minutes I need to let this guy know

Nope. Stopped reading right there. Don't fucking do anything under pressure. If he says he had another buyer let them take it. Whatever is supposed to be urgent is bull and likely meant to make you jump in feet first without thinking, so just stop and don't fucking do it. If it's still there tomorrow you can take your time and ask yourself why was the guy so desperate to unload this on me?

No

No.

No!

¡No!

Heт

if you weren't under pressure i'd say go ahead but it looks like you are forcing your opinion.

"No."

Yeah i totally understand, he's saying he will sell it to me for $1500 tomorrow, or raise the price back to $1800 and sell it to someone else, but I'm the only one that's come to him with cash.So idfk, he seems like a genuine guy and he was super cucked by his girlfriend who was there, she's making him sell it to get a 4x4 for her for the winter but who knows

I'm honestly thinking a no here too though, I came across the aforementioned Corolla today and it's literally pristine, 127k but slightly out of budget. It's a manual trans at a dealership, i don't think it will sell before I make the couple of hundred bucks in difference.. Would be my first FWD car and ruin a long streak but I'll suck it up.

Who knows, might find a nice MR2 or something while saving up a bit, I have a car for now anyways so I won't rush into making a decision

thanks reddit you've been very helpful

I bought a 1988 conquest for my first car, and its still unregistered and I can't push down the brake pedal. Get a reliable car for college, you need it.

Buy a cheap ass reliable shitbox like that corolla, and then when you have the monies, get meme tier shit like an aw11 or an ae92, because you're poor and no 4age rwd corolla for you.

11 posts, 4 posters

if you insist, user

Is it the yellow one in Colorado that's been posted sitting dormant here a few times?

I do need a reliable car fuck me

Have had a couple of meme jap sports cars, including my first car, and live in a town at the foothills of the Colorado Rockies so touge fucking everywhere, it's my only escape and I've missed not having a handling oriented RWD car

...oh to be young and dumb etc etc

yes, I don't post much.

Pulled hard when she ran, but atleast she is eye candy.

I don't have many pics of Mustard, but I have a shitty one of her with some bread.

Have no clue what's wrong with the brakes, but I am assuming the Brake Booster needs to be replaced, and since she leaks brake fluid (even tho the reservoir is full), probably new brake lines. The lines under the car are corroding pretty bad, stupid rubber lines...

Best luck to you CO bro.

Hell yea my dude, I'm studying up at CSU so I guess I'm local-ish if you're in the Denver area

Hope you get it working, shit looked real real nice, mind posting a pic?

What age range are you approximately if it's your first car?

ah beat me to it, they're beautiful cars when clean and original, I've never formed an opinion on Mitsu reliability though

I used to own one. Absolutely garbage.

18. Have had her for almost 2 months. Saving up monies for college right now. Needed a car, and fell into the meme. Was worth it. Everything looks real nice except for under the car :^ )

For reliability, I made this statement:

Mitsubishi, Broken People with Broken Cars.

hell yea

nice dude, not the worst choice as long as you're not financially crippled by it, do you have another car to drive at least?

I'm also 18, managed to fail every class starting junior year of high school, but took a shit ton of AP tests and got a years worth of college out of the way, then managed to get a scholarship as a poorfag so it's worked out alright

but living on my own and paying young lad insurance really fucks my shit up, I'm lucky to not be stuck without a car -->job

maybe I'll see you at Nationwide one of these days eh?

I still live with meemah and pappi, Its hard to be independent. That's impressive you got a scholarship and live by yourself, really is.

One day user, one day...

Nothin to be ashamed of, been there but managed to get a decent job and bounced the fuck out first chance I got, got raped by life for the first while/still but it all works out eventually right, it helps to not be a complete retard

I'd say add me on FB/snap or something, but that would be g-gay and shit