86/BRZ/FRS

Can we have an appreciation thread for the 86?

No bully please. I know it's not fast

Other urls found in this thread:

ft86speedfactory.com/jdm-86-oem-underpanels-1749.html#.WCxmg-YrIdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's honestly not a bad car at all. People are just mad that it's not fast like dagumi is in the anime with his 86.

they cool one of the few new cars Id be interested in if I wasnt a complete poorfag

One day user. We'll all make it

Camping in mine as we speak.

Very cozy

It's fast on the [spoiler]downhill.[/spoiler]

>Rocketbunny

This is a huge thing that is often overlooked about these cars.

Cars this size rarely have good storage capacity. The c5 corvette is very impressive too

Definitely. Cargo'd a 60 inch flat screen in it before. Its very roomy

havent found a better looking kit

it doesn't need one, that looks horrible

stock is bland

>stock is bland
maybe for a young edgelord

well thats just like your rotten onion

>drive an FD
>wonder what rocketbunny makes for my car
>it's the ugliest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Looks like it belongs in NASCAR around 20 years ago.

Don't want to hijack this thread here, but why the fuck does anyone take that retard seriously?

I love the new 86, though - really want one at some point. Have any been released in the US without Scion badging yet? I think 2016 was the first year that'd be happening, but might be wrong.

>mcfaggot struts in front
>wishbone in reat

They were so close to perfection.

that makes the fd look like some riced out 180sx

2boss4u

That too, I really hate it.

how slow is it compared to the s2k? i'm torn between the two

>drive by wire
it would never be perfect. also nothing wrong with macpherson.. evo has macpherson front and its one of the fastest cars ever made so yea./.../

>that Mid Night sticker

>drive by wire

Forgot about that too. I just hate how the camber gets fucked in turns with struts.

Electric power steering is the devil though.

>when no bodykit is better than installing one

Why is it that I've seen more of the new 86 during a 2-week vacation to Europe than in the entire time I've lived in the US since both the FR-S and BR-Z were released? They selling like hotcakes over there or something?

americans have plenty of other options for rwd sportscars in that price bracket
difference between v8 mustang and toyobaru in america is a few more months paying it off, in europe youre buying twice the car literally

the S2000 is a good notch ahead in about every way

performance isnt all that matters tho

Jesus Christ.

I thought new Mustangs were $30k, didn't realized they'd crept down toward the $25k price bracket.

Car is fine. Good platform for a small tuner. Bit pricey from the factory, but what isn't these days. Only poor fags got mad about them. I can't own one, I sat in it and my shoulders are way too wide to fit comfortably. But even at 6ft there was room.

nothing wrong with dbw. it's almost impossible to make a modern car without it

Cables and manual steering are best.

lol bitch the Gt mustang starts at $33k. The frs starts at $26k (now, was like $23).
The mustang is also xbox huge, ugly, lame, depreciates like a stone in water, will fall apart in 6 years (like ALL mustangs), and you'll be associated with mustang people. I don't want either car, but I'd take an FRS over a shitty and boring mustang.

wtf is going on with the bottom of the rear bumper

>he doesn't want an automatic Mustang GT

What's the huge outsized body kit that I see a lot for this car? Is it a Rocket Bunny kit?

2017 is the first year of Toyota 86 in the states. There are a couple on the road already.

How many cars even come with manual steering anymore? I can only think of 2 and those are both over 50k.

The electric steering on the twins is great.

Probably

Just picked up pic related last month, been having a blast ever since.

Anyone have those Jap Underpanels? Been looking into those for at least some underbody protection for this winter

God damn it even saved it right side up.

Link for the panels:

ft86speedfactory.com/jdm-86-oem-underpanels-1749.html#.WCxmg-YrIdU

I disagree. It has a healthy amount of distinct physical accent without being 'overdesigned' or too visually busy. Kitting the Toyobaru is a sin.

>have test driven other cars with no static
>can't get a test drive with the 86/BRZ because they think I'm just some young punk looking to wreck a car for free

I just want to feel how weak the engine is, is that too much to ask for?

The 2017 is badges as a Toyota. All the rest are Scion, although the only difference is the badge, and the interior colours are different on the 17. Which is a shame. I preferred the red and black.

>Automatic sport car
But why?

The steering is way better in the 86 than the S2K. Also more practical.

Japanese aerodynamics.
I think it's meant to direct the air coming from the diffuser to create larger areas of turbulence so you can't draft too close due to the lack of pressure.

This x100

One of the only 'new' cars that I think are aesthetically just about perfect straight off the line

Anyone done any aftermarket audio? Trying to plan out a system but having some trouble since all the speakers are in different locations (Low in door, mids and highs in dash)

>All the rest are Scion, although the only difference is the badge, and the interior colours are different on the 17

This is very false. There are plenty of changes to the revised 86 aside from the interior.

Mustang isn't a sports car

Wtf dude, I said no bully

more like they are mad it's not fast for the price. thing in hp and price is similar to the 240sx.

dickman baby

I didn't know Mitsubishi started making Eclipses again.

Yeah you're right, the McLaren F1 is shit.

Wat

No u

not a flattering angle

Is there any panda 86s?

this is now a nutshack thread

I lol'd

No

ewwww

Sexy

i'll never stop seeing those stupid fucking front jaws, and I don't want a Subaru.

I'll just stick to my shitbox Elantra for now.

the whole black hood never looked cool to me on the AE86 either

You know this car is basically a Subaru right?

total newfag on the board, can this be fixed by fucking around with the chip?
I have literally no idea what that shit does, i just imagine the commandsets on the chip control injection timings, mix ratios and shit

It's a known issue with the manual transmission. Unless youre racing, the revs won't ever get high enough for this to affect you. If you are racing, you're going to spend most of your time above 4500 anyway.

The 2017 model of the 86 has had the transmission adjusted to eliminate the valley, as well as add an extra 5 Horsepower as a bonus.

noice. would it be cheaper for me to get a 2017 fresh from the assembly or an earlier model for retrofit? Assuming i may want to tinker around with it some more

A tune will improve the dip drastically, an unequal length header will eliminate it completely. I'll admit, I'm a little unimpressed with how these motors respond to mods when naturally aspirated, but hey, it's not a Honda. They do great with FI though.

You can get more HP from just a tune on a stock car. Time will tell whether the new engine will respond better to boost. The new intake manifold netted one turbo car like 15-20 HP, but they were around 400whp with a 10.5/1 compression ratio so lots of boost.

Nice shitposting m8

>Scion FRS
>Has 86 logo
>2017 Toyota 86
>Removed 86 logo and made the front look retarded
Why Toyota?

They moved the 86 down lower on the fender. The reasoning was, supposedly, it reduces drag.

Which sounds retarded, right?

Which was also a slow car

>2017 model improves suspension, has 5 more horsies and a torque, etc
>gets Hillstart Assist
STOP DOING THIS TO ME

>240SX
>2,800 Lbs
>155 hp
Compared to
>86 Twins
>2,800 Lbs
>200 hp
So why does everyone jerk off the 240SX and cry about how "gutless" the 86 is? Is it just nostalgiafagging?

>So why does everyone jerk off the 240SX and cry about how "gutless" the 86 is? Is it just nostalgiafagging?

poorfags.

people can't understand that RWD, torsen diff, 100hp/l engine and sub 2800lbs coupe chassis shouldn't cost more than 12k new.

Because it's cheaper and similar enough to buy one instead of paying 20+k and if you spend 20+k you can get it exactly how you want.
Unless you can't afford to do so and you have to buy a new car and make payments.
Also, the way the 240 feels driving is considered to be better, I hated the way the brz and frs felt driving em. Was trying to like it but couldnt. Not for the price.

The fender placement is fine, it's those stupid lower fangs that ruin the look.

>cheaper
And much more cheaply made. The 240SX is the pinnacle of shitboxiness. The 86s are at least reliable.
Also good luck finding a 240 that hasn't been beat to hell and back

>the way the 240 feels driving is considered to be better

25 years and for the first time I'm actually at a loss for words.

What you mean?

Stop talking about things you obviously have no idea about please. You sound like a retard.

You're dumb too

There are literally like 9 different 86 logos on the new Toyota 86. Shut up.

What do you mean, what do you mean?

What's so retarded about it? As a DD, you want to keep your revs below 3k by switching gears once you pass 2.5. You wanna go fast, you need to get over the hump between 3500 and 4500, as this is where you lose out on performance.

The rest of that shit info is from press releases.

>Balding cuck who probably got forced to get the giant teddy bear

What a shock you drive a shitty excuse for a car.

First of all, torque dip isn't only present on the manual transmission, it's there with automatics too.

Second, the refresh has slightly more horsepower, but the torque dip has not been eliminated, there are already dynos for the MY17 showing that the dip is still very present.

They didn't do any changes on the automatic version, only the manual.

And so the '17 86 falls short of the hype and still has the valley between 3500 and 4500. Guess that means buddy
Should get a used FRS, and use the 5-8 grand he saves on a forced induction kit to squeeze more performance out of the engine for (ultimately) the same price as a new unit.

I know they didn't do any changes to the automatic, you yourself said that the torque dip is a known issue with the MT. I'm saying it's a known issue with both versions of the car.

>It's a known issue with the manual transmission.

he means that what you said was so monumentally autistic, he could not even believe it

do you actually think a 20 y/o shitbox is better?
i shiggy diggy

As an 86 owner, I'll admit the torque dip feels pretty bad without a tune. Granted I've been tuned for about a year, but without one during the dip the car doesn't even feel like its accelerating.

>Because an ancient 240sx with all the worn bushings, slow as fuck and 18 past owners is better and more fun definitely superior in every way ...

You have got to be extremely retarded. Obviously you haven't driven either of them.

The 86 is a decent car, superior than the 240sx by a huge margin, you are just nostalgiafagging.

Need more power? Supercharge it, it will go up to 270bhp which is fast enough for that little car.

Am I the only one who wants to get an 86 with the aero kit?

TRD aero parts are better desu