I am so fucking close to buying a brand new Challenger SRT 392.Am I making a retarded decision here...

I am so fucking close to buying a brand new Challenger SRT 392.Am I making a retarded decision here? I just have been craving it so badly.

I don't want the hell cat. Any Challenger owners here who can offer me some warnings or thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nBd8SvwnrGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MWmbLpeoLZA
youtube.com/watch?v=MWMjR3r-nsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Am I making a retarded decision here?

Have you test drove one yet? If not, go do it and determine that yourself

Do it my friend

I have driven a challenger r/t and a charger SRT 392.

that 392 is a lot of power, I can't imagine 700hp on the street, but that 470 seemed like a lot. was proper fun, I would totally get a 5.7l challenger if I had the cash.

I found the materials used in the interior VERY shitty for the cost of the car. Sure all cars use plastic, but the plastic dodge uses is like 2002 neon level shit. It will fall apart fast, look like shit fast, and just be horrible. For the insane price tag of the most under performing (in all metrics) "muscle" car, they better step their fucking game up. The base Maxima has a nicer quality interior.

I used to want one bad too then I started seeing the fucking things EVERYWHERE and with bitches behind the wheel and the magic slowly wore off

>buying new
>buying fca
Shiggy diggy. You could buy a used chebby SS which is way better.

>I found the materials used in the interior VERY shitty
It's FCA, not Rolls Royce or even Lexus.

>being a cuck and buying someone else's abused piece of shit

>being a dealership cuck and getting bent over and fucked proper well on the price.

pic related its u

Easter?

i own a RT and yes its a barge....but atleast if you get the 392 its a fast(er) barge than me

I don't want the SS. Also I have money to buy new. I don't want to buy a car like this used. I want something new so I can truly feel like it's mine. I want to be the one who wears down the interior and fills the seat full of putrid gas from my asshole, the one who breaks in the engine etc.

Buying used loses magic for me

Test drove a scat pack Charger this weekend.

I felt the car was nicely optioned for the front row (back has nothing but fan controls and heated seats) the steering wheel was even heated. That hood scoop looks awesome from the drivers seat, can't really see past it to see the front though. I was not impressed by the upgraded speaker system with a sub in the trunk. I question if the sub was even on. The exhaust was amazing, the power was amazing. I wasn't allowed to change the modes or lessen the traction control and I was still able to get it to burnout and get sideways. I had no complaint about the full electronic steering. Good land barge feels and was quiet and smooth when not on the gas. It was fun but I also almost wrecked it, take turns carefully with it.

High level autism, personality i wouldn't bug new unless it was a gt350 or higher tier of car. But your money is your money.

I haven't driven a new one so I don't know what the pros/cons are, but if it's anything like the past models, it's going to be fun, comfy and draw positive attention. Other than that, go drive one and see if you like it. You may end up hating it or loving it more.

I would never buy a Mustang ever

i love my scat pack. The srt has the adaptive suspension and other small differences. If you can afford the srt get it. Or look into a fully loaded scat pack and save some cash for mods.

The charger would be 10x better if it was a coupe

but they decided to fuck it up. Since its a sedan they should've called it something else like Monaco or Coronet and reserved the heritage performance coupe model names for future performance coupes

The Charger would've been 10x more irrelevant as a coupe.
A full size muscle coupe ain't coming back because there's no market for it. Deal with the current one faggot.

It is the best looking, most practical, and easiest to drive of the three muscle cars, if not the best handling. I have the hellcat, and you're right, 700hp is just not usable. If I turn the ho down to 500, I can actually get a lot more out of the car bc I don't have to worry about fiery death if I'm more than 1/4 into the throttle.

>best handling
M8 the Camaro is on par with the best Europe has to offer and the ZL1 destroyed super cars recently.

Thanks, professor. I said that the challenger wasn't the best handling.

Whoops sorry I read it wrong. My bad

>hurr durr i can afford to waste money.
kill yourself.

you can get a used ss with

But I don't want an SS

then get a civic coupe for 3k.

But I want a Challenger 392. I don't want a civic coupe

why are you posting here? obviously your mind is made up and you're just seeking validation. Why spend 40k on a shitty fca product when you could buy a used cayman s or corvette.

But I don't want a Corvette or Porsche I want a challenger

said no one ever.

For the same price get an original one.

I don't know what the draw is, but those cars are hideous.

>Muh hp, Muh straight-line performance

But I said it

>Scat Pack

So it comes with a sack of shit to complete the whole shit car package?

Im having a real shit day and i kekd. Thanks user

>He's afraid of dying a fiery and witness worth death

I like it, I do, even the interior. But me, personally, I'd never buy a new car. And I wouldn't spend that much for the challenger when I could get a more-utilitarian STi for over 10k less and have it perform better with under a grand in mods. I even think STis sound better.

What if you're like me and you have kids. Nothing beats tossing the kids in the back and the getting glares from the chucked husbands in minivans.

Just know that you're basically buying a cool version of a senior citizen full size sedan.

If you want something to cruz along in then go for it. It's probably the best looking modern "muscle" car.

I don't want a corvette or a porsche. Corvette's are shit, and 911's are not a practical dd

But a challenger is DD worthy?

Why exactly do you want this car? I know a lot of memes get thrown around here on Veeky Forums but Challengers are genuinely one of the most retarded cars a person can buy. It's just a cheaply made, low-effort attempt at appealing to the "muh american muscle" retards. The entire design and value offer is borderline offensive. Buying a challenger is something retards that join the military do. Just save up for a GT-R instead

No one said anything about 911s but a 911 is just as practical as a challenger.

if you have kids, mistakes were made.

Yet you would buy a charger which are even more retarded. Also instead of getting used and saving the extra sheckles for new wheels or exhaust. You buy new cuz muh feelings. Do youvlet tyrone fuck your girl too op?

>just buy a GT-R instead

Opinion immediately discarded and its sad you'd sit there and tell us the Challenger has a shit interior then immediately recommend buying a GTR. Honestly fucking kill yourself the GTR is old boring shit with no manual option and the car drives itself. Not to mention the ride in one of the us like driving across gravel at 10MPH all the time.

>having kids is a mistake
If a man and his wife are healthy well going working citizens or military who are financially stable and can raise kids then the only mistake is you.

>chrysler
>pigfat
>chrysler

I don't know, mang, sounds like a solid investment!!!!

If you do go through with it, don't get an automatic

I've owned and daily driven my 2012 R/T for over four years. Without a doubt in my mind, it's the best car I've ever been behind the wheel of. Whether in traffic, on long trips, or at the track, I have never had even the slightest regret about it.

They're really great cars. Everything people meme about - the weight, interior quality, and other stupid bullshit - don't even matter. When you drive one of these things, it's not like any other car. The Mustang and Camaro don't feel the same. They don't feel like that perfect blend of classic, unbridled muscle with modern amenities. They just feel like generic sports cars.

The only advice I can give you is to look into the 5.7 before you settle on the 392. There's a lot more modification potential out of the R/T than the SRT if you plan to go that route. A 5.7 Stroker will always be more reliable and that block with forged internals will have a better threshold for boost than a 392 will.

Is the Challenger gen only car you've ever own lmao

Good English, Cucklord.

I've driven all three of the big modern muscle cars, the Charger, Audi TT, A5, M3, 350 and 370z, STI, and Evo 10 to make a short list. I would take the Challenger over all of them. It lacks in some areas, but fucking crushes to competition in others.

As far as big power coupes go, you can't get one that does as much for the cost. They're more comfortable and perform better than any Veeky Forumstist is willing to admit.

>this is the age we live in
>the mulletmaro slaps euro super cars asses around a track
God bless america

stay mad kid. the GTR has better performance, retains value much better, and wipes the floor with kiddies like you

youtube.com/watch?v=nBd8SvwnrGQ

Timestamped bread on GT-R hood, or no one cares.

What exactly does it do besides go reasonably fast in a straight line?

The Evo and STI have better utility, every car on that list aside from the Charger has better handling.

Hell, the Evo X GSR has the same 0-60 time as the 2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack.

It does absolutely nothing lol. Like I said, cars like the Challenger were carefully designed by scientists to appeal to this primitive "bad ass" instinct. The problem is that it is shit. Why do you think army kids buy challengers so often? easy, low-effort, "bad ass" appeal that a retard who doesn't know his left from right can buy

Interior by Gaudi, I see

If he makes enough to own a hellcat, I'm sure he hasn't made that many mistakes

You know what the Challenger does better? It feels better. It drives better. Everything about it is a more comfortable experience than anything remotely within its price range.

There is no car in existence that you can buy for the price that will accelerate as quickly and still provide the driver that feeling of riding on a cloud. Quarter mile? Road course? It doesn't fucking matter. The Challenger is more fun to drive because it presents the driver with a better environment to enjoy it from.

You can talk about how it's all pointless and actively hinders its performance because of the added weight, but Muscle Cars from the height of the era weren't bare bones death machines. They had pleasant interiors and comfortable ride qualities for the time. Compare a '70 Dodge Charger to a Datsun from the same era. Or a fucking Porsche. Eat crow on everything you've ever been told about American build quality.

The Challenger is a better driver's car because you come first behind the wheel. It's responsive and only a pussy too afraid to whip it around corners would think it can't handle. It has more interior space and better amenities than literally everything I listed except for the Charger which comes with the same shit.

You can meme all fucking day, but I've lived with the car for four years. It shit on the competition and all it takes to realize that is to fucking drive one.

What's wrong with people wanting to feel cool and have fun? Jesus take a step down faggot from your high horse and check reality. These cars are a god send to a lot of us because it gives us a chance to own something with a lot of power, look cool and turns heads whilst being affordable. It's about making something the public can obtain and not only the rich can get to only keep them in there garages.

I almost bought one but changed my mind at the last second and got a grand sport C6. However I think the SRTs are still amazing.
>I was not impressed by the upgraded speaker system with a sub in the trunk
I don't think any sports car will ever have a decent audio system. I was a fool when I bought my grand sport corvette back in 2012 and had the upgraded sound system added. 2 years later I ripped that shit out and went aftermarket. A simple $1000 aftermarket sound system will destroy anything stock.

The 18 speaker Harman Kardon audio system is pretty damn good though and it have 2 massive subs in the back. The Challenger is the best bet on getting a stock sound system that's good compared to every other American sports car or car in general

Vomit-inducing.
FCA and Chrysler: a match made in heaven.

Parris island was full of Evo's, STI's, GTR's and Chargers.

>Buying a mystery box
Yeah, I want to spend huge sums of money on a car some boomer "fixed up." If it can't be guaranteed stock you shouldn't buy it.

Literally a terrible decision. Absolute shit reliability, worst depreciation, terrible build quality and materials, horrible handling, extremely heavy, can't track it, can't do anything but go kinda fast in a straight line. Worst car in its class and price range. The only people who buy the FCA cars are people who don't know cars and non enthusiasts.

Ohh, you're that kid who joined the military straight out of high school and married the first military gold digger that fucked you. Now it all makes sense. You're an actual retard.

You could always just as the car dealership if its stock. Have them take it around back and let their mechanics inspect it. You'd be surprised the lengths car dealers will go to to sell you a car. But I do agree with you on buying a used mystery box.

I'm single in college

>The only people who buy the FCA cars are people who don't know cars and non enthusiasts
I'm guessing the reason why the challenger is always 3rd in sports car sales every year is because of marketing? I don't know much about the challengers but I figured FCA was doing something right.

youtube.com/watch?v=MWmbLpeoLZA

You know the sad thing is that Dodge has NEVER advertised the car to be a track monster or some supercar killer. It's always advertised as a wild adrenaline rushing ride full of drifting and straight line speed. Or advertised a big comfy boat to tour in.

The challenger is a great car. Comfy, powerful, great touring car, and it can handle itself around corners, but it isn't meant to be a track car. It's perfect the way it is.

get a Gt350R

If you have the disposable income and want to have fun driving your car go for it.

His point is the car is fucking expensive and still uses plastics that even a $10,000 car in China would be ashamed of

You talking about the old interior or the new one?

Spaniards btfo, can they ever recover?

Usable trunk space, comfy seats, comfortable ride. I'd say it DD-able.

Skip to 10:10
youtube.com/watch?v=MWMjR3r-nsI