/hotsg/ - Heroes of the Storm General

Originally a lewd skin edition

What's new?
Two new heroes, Varian and Ragnaros announced at Blizzcon, along with a new brawl map and a couple of new skins.
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20327398/new-things-announced-at-blizzcon-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=4900jOY8cCM

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked. It's not worth it.

>Where do I find you Vikings-as-first-pick-drafting faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Current weekly brawl:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20379596/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-december-2-2016-ghost-protocol-12-1-2016

>Latest patch notes:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20352063/balance-patch-november-10-2016

>Official site, general news:
us.battle.net/heroes/en
heroesnexus.com

>Hero rankings, various statistics, talent calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

>For new players:
youtube.com/watch?v=wPk004vsjuE

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips

Previous Thread :

so are we ded or ?

Don't worry I'm here to save us

>(embed)[Embed][Embed]
HOW DO YOU FUCK IT UP

sorry m8, if you wanted shit you shouldn't have been a beta cuck and made your own shitty thread

why would i want shit

is that your thing so you just assume everyone else is into scat? nasty ass motherfucker

7. for Canoneer build on Li-Ming.

It's not bad

t. zinc

I'm GM user.

Charged Blast, Canonneer is go to build for PvE, against unpeelable divers and whenever you can safely get autoattacks off.

Who's the next Overwatch character and is it Genji?

Hopefully there won't be another overwatch hero ever again.

McCree

Reinhardt, I hope.

It will be Lucio

It has come to my attention that I have a 55% winrate with Bully type characters, especially tanks. Who are the most bully characters? Because apparently I'm shit at non-bullies.

Bullying isn't cool.

E.T.C, Mura, Sonya, Arthas and Dehaka are all excellent bullies.

Anub and Diablo are also fine bullies but they're fairly weak right now so might postpone bullying with them until a later date.

I mean, like, Raynor can bully a lot of Heroes with that oppressive range of his.

>tracer bullies things with skillshots
>gul'dan bullies things without cc/displacements
>thrall bullies heroes without sustain
>kinky beetle bullies mages/ap
>tychus bullies health pools
>chen similar to anoob
>hammer bullies people who don't know how to deal with hammer
>chadhaka tries to bully but doesn't do damage and is just sad buff pls

cute goat :3

This brawl is fucking garbage. It would have been good with this instakill Q bullshit.

It's fun and better than hammermeme

Agreed. Not a fan.

>then again I don't enjoy nova so

I've liked Lost Caverns the most, at least so far.

I am forvever warrior then.

I love bullying with Leoric and Muradin

I knew the nova picture was familiar

It's easier to think of Overwatch characters that won't likely be added

>Widowmaker
Just Nova
>Mercy
Just Morales/Auriel
>Bastion
I'd say he's too much like Hammer
>Torb
Gazlowe

Mm.

I could see them eventually adding a couple more Overwatch heroes, if only to try to draw a few people over from one of their successful games.

But then again, yeah. There are definitely fresher hero ideas elsewhere.

Another one

Sonya is cute, I want her to pound my boypussy.

This brawl is miserable, my eyesight sucks.

incredible

I can see exactly where every single one of them is and who is a decoy but I can't land my Q to save my life.

this, probably

i hope he uses mana at least

Brightwing?

>brightwing with roller skates and dreadlocks

>play Uther
>carry
it's like beta all over again

And then you woke up, and realized it was all a dream.

more like carried
haha

Roadhog and Soldier would be kickass Stitches and Raynor skins

Literally everyone besides me is a fucking retarded nigger.

we lots btw, solely because this chen can't stop feeding lategame

LUNARA

A SHIT

-ING ON NORMIES

Anyone with half a brain can deal with her.

IS CUTE

SHINY

DELETE THIS!

literally half the roster can't deal with her by default, no matter how good the player

>Implying anyone playing hots has half a brain

>Blizzard in charge of not nerfing the FUCK out of Varian's Twin Blades and buffing the fuck out of Taunt
>Proving once again that they're incapable of noticing obvious balance issues before they release characters
>Proving once again their design and testing team are silver garbage

>twin blades is op
nice meme

Ana would be cool

it's broken there's not much of a meme

the meme is that it's a meme

if you can't shit all over people in a 1v3+ you're just trash because he's that easy and that good. stop taking colossal smash and taunt, shitter

>you in charge of understanding the in charge meme

has horrible tints. one that makes her dear half looks like human skin colour

Can anyone add a noob to play some games including brawl? I'm here after i got genji skin.

If you get killed 1v1 by a twin blades varian you are pretty bad, if you are losing 3v1 to a twin blades varian you are below bronze.

As someone who played dawngate, infinite crisis and strife: Please don't stick around for this dying game, cut it out of your life before its death hurts you.

>Blizzard games
>dying
>ever

>Strife
But that died long ago, user.

A shame, it was pretty cool. But the custom item system was total aids.

>being in this much denial
The game might not get 100% dropped as it can easily leech off the money from other titles just like how Starcraft 2 has been doing over the last decade, but that still won't change how small the playerbase is and how it's only getting smaller and smaller.

fuck you faggot I did my part and gave them 20 dollars just yesterday, everyone else needs to do theirs

I even have skins for characters I don't own

Hello, I would like to inform you that the playerbase is actually growing up steadily so please stop spreading misinformation, see you in the nexus!

Do you get overly attached to the games you play?

user, lying to people so they don't lose hope is not a possitive thing to do.

only in soul

Would you really not care if tomorrow Blizzard did an EA and said "this game isn't printing money, so the servers are going offline before christmas"?

Why do russians call Murky 'Murchal' and why is is so funny?

I'm bored and never played this game, is it worth trying it out?
Are there cute waifus?

Of course I would care, but on a very serious note I highly doubt they would pull an EA-tier stunt like that because of the amount of money they pour into the esports scene (that no one really asked for). It's all about expectations for the game and company.

>cute waifus
If you like other Blizzard games
>is it worth trying it out
It's free to play. How about you try it out?

Be careful with throwing money into this game though, the game has the most expensive microtransactions in any moba at the moment.

Then again, you also only get a miserable amount of gold from playing so it'll take you literally years to unlock all characters.

What are some tips that you would give to a new player? Any characters that I should avoid like the plague?

hey booyaka and snoipah, i got muted because calling people niggers isn't acceptable, so i can't shit talk in chat.

however; you're fucking shitters and you got fucking REKT

epick

>taking 1 minute to come top to kill Sylvanas so she doesn't meme all over our gate and fort is too hard for my team

Dude epic

Are you literally 12 years old?

/hotsg/ doesn't know how to win.

I WILL TEACH THEM

booyaka and snoipah detected

>Dawngate
God i would like upvotes to work like karma system although it might be, Blizz just won't tell us wtf it is supposed to do.

While you're waiting for your QM queue, take a look at the talents beforehand. Don't read while you play. You'll need experience to know what talents to take, but it'll come after a while as you learn what other characters can do.
Watch the bloody minimap and keep track of who's dead.
Not dying > getting a kill most of the time, so try to avoid getting ganked.

Take a look at each character, they all have a difficulty attached to them. They're not all correct, but a good guideline, i.e. hands off the fucking vikings, Alarak and Medivh and so on.

Muradin, ETC, Thrall, Valla, Raynor, Malfurion, Uther, and Morales are all straightforward and not too difficult to play/perform well with.

Are you a super-casual that just wants to see Thrall and Arthas 1v1 with their super cool magic?

Are you a reject from DotA or LoL and can't last hit or learn the game well enough to know how and when to take objectives?

Do you want the game to scream at you and force you to go to a specific point on the map so the objective can win the game for you?

Do you want your own lack of skill to be dampened on the rest of your team through shared leveling so you won't seem as bad?

(it's alright, the average skill level is atrocious though. i've almost never seen anyone do basic moba skills like walking between attacks. seriously one person out of a thousand)

I miss Dawngate.

That one actually had real potential but EA cut the cord.

So about this nexus challenge, does HotS had any event like this with good freebies i missed?

infinite crisis also had potential, it's just that no one knew it even existed.

War of the Machines or something had had free stimpacks for a month.

last year we had the cho'gall event

>tfw missed out
I actually like Cho'Gall occasionally but knowing they're STILL 10k and probably will be forever yet 99% of people got them for free hurts my jew-side.

Why can't they spread the cho'gall flu again this december :(

SPEAR

Ragnar Ros when? I want to stomp bronzies with lava wave

>There's no fun heroes like Arc Warden in this game
I really want to like to play this game, i've been playing it on and off since beta but goddamn does it lack high skill fun heroes

They have to make heroes that actually sell.