tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes
The free weekend has started on all platforms, give it a go

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

Ion is qt.

tfw no legion animu art as a thicc girlbot

But scorch is the best

>playing Scorch on Angel City

I'm not stuck in here with you.
You're stuck in here with me.

Post yfw someone thanks you for giving them a battery

what do I do? I googled it and followed instructions, but this still pops up

I'm lucky to ever get anyone saying goddamn anything during a game.

I've been fucking yelled at to shut up for telling my team where the goddamn enemy is.

>mfw I try to give someone a battery and they zoom away, leaving me to die a horrible death

thats pretty lame if they didnt want to hear you they can just mute you

Click this and restart your PC.

No mic but I type "thx"

As a Legion main, I think Legion might be a little too strong. I'm happy with his damage but his core generation is a bit too fast. There are times that I drop in, press close combat Q twice on a titan near by and I immediately have smart core.

Or one long range magazine to a critical gets me smart core. It's just charging a little too fast I think and I'm starting to feel dirty with how often I get to use it

>My Team retreats in Angel City to the hard point at the market, enemy team is breathing down their necks, but everyone is damaged
>I spawn a little bit away
>grab a battery from an enemy titan
>book it to my team
>give the legion a battery
>use my boost for another battery
>give it to an ion
>call down my Scorch
>we beat down the enemy titans and gain full control.
>At the end of the game, the two other pilots were calling me the MVP.

My favorite classes in these games are the medic, I love the battery boost.

I enjoy giving batteries to people like you user.

Legion gets wrecked by Ion, and Ronin can shit on him with a good flank. Even if his DPS is very high, he isn't oppressive because there are ways to deal with it, and he's very immobile.

Don't forget a Scorch can take of loads of health face to face on a legion if they're firing.
And with the flame shield kit, a full flame shield will damn near doom a legion all on its own.

It is not even installed user, there is no repair button.

Legion only gets wrecked by Ion if the Legion pilot is fucking retarded. Just... stop shooting when the vortex comes up? Ion cant shoot you or damage you during it, so it's a completely moot point. Legion out damages and out tanks Ion in every way.

Ronin is sort of a threat but with the new double blast perk, you can easily keep Ronin away from you long enough to get him doomed. Two shots from close range Q will take a full hp ronin almost right to doom, a small squirt with the gun and press F, ronin dead.

Scorch is really the only problem I have as Legion because he can rush me and I don't have the ability to get away from flame shield because flame shield will absorb my push back shot.

I don't have photoshop so I'll throw this idea out for someone that does
Instead of "u are an idiot"
"u are a [RDDT]"

Is there a given point where it's okay to regenerate and not get fucked, or can you just do it any time?

>Just stop shooting when vortex is up
>I shoot his bullets into his foot
>he starts firing again
>vortex again
>shot in the foot
>he starts firing again
>vortex again
>shot in the foot.
Eventually your shield goes down and I get to unload my shit into your face, and by then I'll have my core.

Well you just have to stop shielding when he stops shooting. You have a gun too, if he spends too much time winded up staring at you he's also vulnerable to other titans.

Do it anytime user. You'll have plenty of credits to buy your most used items

Just play with everything, user, and find out what you like.
Then regenerate and buy what you like with credits.

WHEN WILL THEY MAKE IT SO I CAN USE WARPAINT ON MY ION TITAN?

You already can. My Ion uses the Crusader warpaint

>Got a friend to try the free weekend
>We end up playing for a few hours
>He's having a blast, despite not really liking fast shooters or shooters in general except Overwatch
>I can literally hear in his voice how fun he's having when he's taking down Titans and Pilots

I'm pretty sure he's buying it, that sheer joy when he got his first Titan rodeo battery was amazing.

>tfw someone logs your IP to report you to the govt for hacking

I meant Ion Prime, sorry.

I usually end up bowing to them, or just start to do a sort of tea-bag bowing gesture and wave around my mouse all happy like.

but Ion Prime looks like shit and it's termination is poorly animated.

Nah, it looks great.

>see an enemy Ion through a window
>he sees me and punches the window
>I punch it back
>I start ducking over and over again
>So does the enemy Ion
>This goes on for like fifteen seconds before the Ion starts shooting the window with his rifle and laser shot
>As I wonder why I get executed
>kill cam shows the enemy pilot walking in on us being friends, and just stared for a few seconds
>the Ion was actually trying to warn me.

What a nice fella.

Just best a disgusting 64 pleb 3-0 in coliseum

>have VC++ error
>cant do shit
>decide to delete titanfall2 folder
>now I cant install anything of it at all
FUGGGIN

So how many of you free weekend buds going to buy the game?

I was tempted, but seeing the anime weebshit everyone's trying to make it into has persuaded me otherwise. Thanks.

Does Legion power shots bypass Ion v shield?

Is Ion's Vortex Shield broken for anyone else? Three times now I've gone up against a Legion, sucked up the whole magazine, then the millisecond I release the shield I get doomed from full health. It's like the vortex is just delaying the bullets from hitting ME until I release the shield.

2-3-2 for maximum man mode
Or
Grand theft semi auto for maximum operator mode?

Nope.

the new one for maximum god mode

good we dont want your kind here

GTA is, gameplay wise, the best execution, since it gets to it's kill frame sooner than the other executions.

But if you want maximum style, you gotta get dem dewritos

Working up for it

Didn't know that, already have dewritos too user, but idk what to do with all these credits

Who /asshole/
>Camp across the map with A-Wall and Double Take
>One shot anybody who dares exist in my FoV
>Nobody can even fire back

im liking the mozambique, its just a shame you don't get a sidearm and an AT weapon like in TF1

Might want to try out the SMR instead, it's a pretty good anti titan weapon on its own.

is it good as a close range anti pilot weapon?

I need something that fills that role for my double take loadout

>nobody can ever fire back
>what is phase shift

>A-wall camping
>using a projectile weapon and not the hitscan DMR

If you're going to make people mad at least learn how to properly.

Use the DMR fag

What is it's not even worth anyone's time to get near me

Both the DMR and DT seem unwieldy to use compared to the G2.

Is there an actual difference besides the DT being projectile? I have noticed anything about the G2 or DMR that makes me want to drop the G2 in favor of the DMR.

Where all my xbros at? Remove some RDDT with me

It can deal out a lot of damage, two hits will kill a pilot, and it's best at closer ranges, though you'll have a slower fire rate than the SMGs and ARs that you'll probably be facing.

also I think it actually has the highest dps of all weapons against titans.

you can pull off some sweet trick shots with the DT by getting two kills, one with each projectile.

Personally I just like the open sights of the rifle.

>hop into LTS
>Ion not using Vortex Shield
>Scorch not using Inferno Shield
>Northstars fucking bumrushing

The free weekend was a mistake.

If you get more (You)s. You're bettah.

If I get more (You)s. I'm bettah.

>tfw Ion has the best waifu design
>tfw can't play Ion for shit

this game is just another fucking clone of GTAV, no thanks

I didn't think the G2 was a OHK-bodyshot even through an A-Wall? If it is, though, top fucking kek.

sounds good, I'll give it a try
does the DMR deal one hit kills if fired through an a-wall?

Post titans

Mate I know you're fishing for (you)'s but...

Yes. It's absolutely fucking hilarious. A two-hit kill even without the A-Wall is decent enough too.

The biggest problem with the DMR (and indeed all the sniper rifles) is the absolutely glacial ADS time. They all absolutely require the fast aim mod to be useful at all, which is a pain in the ass to grind up to.

Why is Complex so fucking awful?

New PS4 player here
couple of questions

1. I know in the first Titanfall getting doomed made your health tick down until you die. Are there any important effects to getting doomed in 2 besides lower damage resistance and being able to eject?

2. What are the effects of the epilogue (e.g. what happens when you evacuate or deny evacuation)?

3. Tips on Titan combat? I can go fast and I'm good at pilot combat but I always get killed really fast in titan vs. titan combat. I play mostly Ion

Can anyone link the commands to make the TF2 settings lower than the available low settings? Got a friend with a potato tier PC who is having trouble running it.

It's not, so I'm assuming the DMR is though. I would use the DMR, but if it's reliant on the Amp Wall to be effective, then I'll just stick with the G2 as I'm pretty effective in even some close range engagements.

>1. I know in the first Titanfall getting doomed made your health tick down until you die. Are there any important effects to getting doomed in 2 besides lower damage resistance and being able to eject?
If you melee a doomed titan as a titan it executes them
>2. What are the effects of the epilogue (e.g. what happens when you evacuate or deny evacuation)?
Merits, I think.
>3. Tips on Titan combat? I can go fast and I'm good at pilot combat but I always get killed really fast in titan vs. titan combat. I play mostly Ion
git gud

>1. I know in the first Titanfall getting doomed made your health tick down until you die. Are there any important effects to getting doomed in 2 besides lower damage resistance and being able to eject?

Liable to being executed by melee spamming Titans and you die instantly if a Pilot pulls your battery.

>2. What are the effects of the epilogue (e.g. what happens when you evacuate or deny evacuation)?

One full merit for a successful evacuation, so you make up for a loss assuming you meet the other requirements like good performance and three kills without dying.

>3. Tips on Titan combat? I can go fast and I'm good at pilot combat but I always get killed really fast in titan vs. titan combat. I play mostly Ion

Actually know the Titan's strength and weaknesses. Know when holding Vortex Shield won't actually stop the enemy Legion from fucking you once it's down. All you can really do is get the hang of it at the end of it all.

Sick nasty executions bro

Extra points

l2shield, suicide bombing titans is for weenies, Ion's main damage is her beam

Doomed status is no longer a count down, instead you just take increased damage like you said. You can also be terminated with a melee attack during this time, unless you have a shield from a battery

If you are the evac team you will get a merit (exp and money) for evacuating. You do not get anything for denying an evacuation. Except for the smug satisfaction of knowing you murdered your fellow man. You monster.

Never be afraid to retreat.
Know your kit and what you're best set up for, and push that play style. Use the environment to make the best fighting arena for yourself. Ion is an all around Titan, able to do things like apply pressure, snipe enemy titans, and goose pilots, but you're not exceptional at any one of these things. Your biggest advantage is that you can do a lot of things normally, and switching from defense to attack is very easy for you.

Thinking about it but not too excited about jumping into a dead game and getting buyers remorse in a week or two.

Happened with Titanfall as well, but I guess that was expected since I jumped into it like a year after launch.

+r_lod_switch_scale 0.0

Why is the Network system so dogshit?

>Everyone going on about how the DMR is so much better than the DT
>DMR misses shots even if I'm aiming perfectly against a stationary target
Am I missing something besides skill

I just did a game with that setup, and I feel pretty dirty

whats the deal with the grapple? You can't shoot while using it so why would anyone take it over say stim or phase shift? I can't think of a scenario where it would be useful for anything other than Spider-Man cosplay.

its fun

That goes on the launch options, right?

Thanks user.

>That goes on the launch options, right?
yes

It helps you go fast.

Yeah a little I guess.

How? If anything it slows me down. Is there a trick to it I've been misssing?

These Titan credits become pointless once you reach a certain level. There's a lot of things you can't buy with them. And the new Titan and Pilot cosmetics cost real money

Slide, Grapple, jump while grappeling, break grapple, bunny hop.

Because nobody wants to be a gay robot

Speak for yourself

Don't aim directly at where you shot it at, aim away from it to gain more momentum, i.e. if you hooked it somewhere upwards, try looking a bit downwards.

Hey trying out this game, is there any way to minimize the amount of bloom in the game? It's blinding.

It's fun
It allows you to move quickly while also functioning as a tool to grapple onto titans

They are useful for spidermanning titans or clearing large gaps.

we are all gay robots on this blessed day :)

Sorry lads that was bad, I won't play with you anymore, you are too good for me

WE WUZ HACKERS AND SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET because we don't tone.

>can't even hundo
You have no business talking shit