/gowg/ Gears of War General

rip Horde Edition

New Update coming December 6th gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-title-update-2-december-6th-2016/366859c8-f9ca-4475-90b3-0976acff9676/posts

New Pack Info: gearsofwar.com/en-us/esports/columbus-supporter-pack

Available November 1 for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Checkout and Dry Dock will also be introduced into free public playlists on November 8.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/10/28/new-gears-4-maps-debut-november-1

>10th Anniversary Packs Announced
gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/10YOGAnnounce

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (embed) (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (embed) (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Other urls found in this thread:

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/event-community-nights-10---live-or-die-for-the-horde---dec-3rd/b8f907fc-147b-4e93-9326-b7947c444c6a/posts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I sleep early one night and this place dies, maybe the crossplay will bring more life.

IS GEARS DEAD???

fuck gridlock and relic anyways

I'm so glad to hear they're gonna nerf turrets! that shit makes insane horde so monotonic.

It seems so.

I didn't mind Gridlock or Relic.

So how's the crossplay? still at work just waiting to get out to play already

2 Heavy's with decently leveled Turret skills can still do some work with them. We'll just have to see how hard they hit the turrets accuracy and ammo capacity.

I haven't played all day but I've seen some posts about it. So far it seems so be going well. Some console players can body PC players and some PC players can body console users. Both sides can hold their own. I personally wouldn't like going up against a good PC player who has their hands on a Boltok, Markza, Longshot or the other sniper (forgot what it's called).

gearsmas gnasher leaked

Damn sounds nice. I was reading the patch notes well at least thier doing something about people raging. Disabling exit to main menu so people won't leave

Only $10.99

i'd buy it

How is everyone liking crossplay? Ive been going hard today but my games have only ever had 1 or two other pc players and the rankings are not top heavy. Im hoping this stays so i can actually play something besides horde

I've only played one game and I got slaughter (Xbone player), but the game froze in the loading screen so I couldn't get a run-back

To be fair ive been shit on by a few xbone players today. My good moments basically come down to precission weapons like boltok.

I'm not worried. When I play on PC I use a fucking 360 controller and I do just fine.

black steel

But they've done nothing to the enemies, it'll still be boring shit, just harder now.

can i trust you guys to keep this alive over night

I leave for awhile and we're already dead.

It's dead with you and dead without you

You don't matter

a-user :'(

GET UP

probably
the series really ended with 3 and Judgement killed it

so they nerf fucking turrets
but don't fucking touch the enemy damage or health
completely ignoring why people spammed turrets to begin with
fan fucking tastic, might as well not even play horde anymore

i'm going to bed, stop letting these threads die, I know hardly anyone on this site plays this series as is

Oh boy, I sure do love me the Gears of War General thread!

Horde was DOA anyways. it's boring as shit in this game, I'll never understand why people are playing it.

>no more enemy rng
>bporing as fuck robots that just walk in a straight line and do nothing else
>maps are bad for horde
>BORING AS FUCK ROBOTS

Seriously, I have never EVER played a game where the enemy npcs are more boring. it's fucking horrible.

Also forgot to mention no more mutators.

Tfw you finally start learning how to use the grinder and trishot properly

Holy fuck anyone that think those things are bad please reconsider.

>BORING AS FUCK ROBOTS
That's also the main reason why ACT1 and 2 get boring quickly in the campaign. lazy robots and the swarm aka washed-out locusts, really make me doubt Coalition's creativity for new enemies.

Niggers

Goodnight, /gowg/. See you in the morning.

Good night and thanks for playing!

how to be good with solider class?

Can you plant 7 nades in that level 5 card?

When was this?

They really need to make crossplay permanent in social quickplay. It's been fun playing with consolefriends again. Gets me a bit nostalgic for when I was a consolefag

>guests
>little kids whining on the mic
>people actually speaking with their mic for once
>names like da legend and xxkill3rxx
>embarrassing bios like pic related

And also it's funny how I can find a game really quickly at 5 in the morning on a special event, that's quicker than at peak hours on PC only. This game will be ded for me if they don't do permanent crossplay for something.

yesterday

Goodnight /gowg/!

Is that a UIR gnasher skin?

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/event-community-nights-10---live-or-die-for-the-horde---dec-3rd/b8f907fc-147b-4e93-9326-b7947c444c6a/posts

they do this usually.

Which map is this?

Are UIR skins in the game?

Looks like they will be.

yeah dropping this month with a bunch of other skins too apparently

one of the new maps, looks like glory

they shouldn't add the uir soldiers but it's weird they're adding uir skins

xD

Just let this die

GODDAMN SUNOVA BITCH

YOUR MOM'S A CLASSY LADY

I've noticed the console users DEFINITELY do better with shotguns than I do, but I'm doing better with longer ranged guns than they do.
I mean, it could also be that I'm new to coming back to gears and the multiplayer people are accustomed to how GOW multiplayer works out and all, but yeah.
When I was playing, I held a positive KDR overall, and could kill pretty much anyone aside from one person who knew how to utilise the shotgun and cover too damn well for me to get them.
I tried getting them in return, but failed.

I'm going to do better today.

a cute girl said she liked my glasses today

>glasses

KEK

No, I really fucking mean it, I'll do better today, I don't care how sweaty or tryhard I have to go.

playing private matches against bots to get better at hip firing the gnasher

my movement's pretty good but all my gnasher kills are pop shots

what're you working on today gowg

I'm going to hit that cross playlist. Work on working on working with teammates.

git gud, son. I've been wrecking console players in shotty battles, but still if someone gives me a challenge and outplays me, it's usually fair and vice versa. Can't really tell that there's any advantage.

del's a good character

I'm glad I ran through campaign as him instead of that literal slut.

don't ever

so which character are you gonna use when all the characters worth using come back this month

Obviously color blast oscar

haha

Kait is a whore for the big swarm cock.

>slut shaming in 2016

BSC?

where are you guys getting all this info about new characters and skins?

I have 9 "gear packs" from a Rockstar promotion, I don't have the game and I didnt win a copy either :( So here they are, I don't know anyone who plays the new Gears irl so here are the codes senpai.

MW9HM-M64DG-H7JYQ-CQMWF-GY3TZ

T9CYQ-GGJ72-WMYD7-FV3YW-99V9Z

V69Q4-HXHD7-K6T9F-H37XG-9FP3Z

7FGDJ-WTMMD-MWGGD-2YDWM-6F76Z

VD6K3-T7QHH-QPHM4-KYVJF-4YFWZ

W2HDT-2JQHX-KH42C-XQ37K-PHP3Z

P4FQG-9XDY2-JR7M2-QKVRW-WRKGZ

9QX4X-2VTR9-W9TKK-F3HRF-X2KCZ

VT7WH-23VRC-J9PWW-6KVQJ-FWQTZ

Enjoy

cheers mate

>there are normies actually happy to lose relic and gridlock

I wish I was her.

anyone

I'm happy to have gridlock out but I wish FUCKING DRYDOCK WAS OUT instead of relic

Aww, I got here too late.

So whats gonna be the new strategy for horde now that turrets are nerfed?

I have a feeling Drydock will be in rotation for a while, and the maps that are on the back burner will be out next month again anyways.

I'll miss relic but gridlock? we've played on that map like a million times on 4 games. just let it go and move on.

>I'll miss relic, a map that has an entire third of it not even being inhabited most of the map because buzzkill and grinder are trash outside of KOTH
>Gridlock in which all the weapons are actually cohabiting the map in an ecosystem that allows every weapon spawn to be useful should just move on.
Tell me how going to get the grinder in relic stopped Torque/Embar and I can tell you a thousand more stories this week about how the boomshot killed sniper on gridlock, or vice versa, because the weapons don't fucking hard counter each other.

Not to play anything higher than normal until they nerf enemy damage and health to gears 3 levels

So you are saying there will be an influx of people who will now play versus now that horde finally became worse. Or people will just quit.

mix of both

>shittiest maps always in the longest
how typical

stop assuming shit

no

Give it to me straight gears general, is the Hammerburst even worth it to use? Does it kill faster than a lancer?

nope

if you can hit headshots

How is the lancer in ranked? I fuck people over so well in core and social with it? Does it do less damage?

Omg I just had a captcha that required me to hit every box. First time for that.

It was a beast until people cried about it being OP so now it's useless again.

it WAS op

>only the gnasher can do anything more than absolutely pitiful damage

completely worthless

shitter

>point out that gnasher-only niggers have been bitching up a storm about anything other than the gnasher since gears 1
>hurr durr shitter
Gears 3 had the best balance

no you're a shitter because you think only the gnasher is viable lmao

Where did I say that in either of my posts?
Are you illiterate?
I'm specifically mocking the people who bitch up a storm about anything that isn't the gnasher

shitter

bad goyim

>gears 3 had best balance
No such thing has existed in ANY gears game

Its decent, if you can aim well enough, i only say this because even the gnasher is sorta useless after a certain range, but core damge values are stupid and should be done away with

Sadly no, it needed the nerf because it had no dropoff whatsoever and bodyshots were easy to hit, but in classic gears developer fashion, they fuck up any adjustments to any weapon

Who wanna play in like an hour