/vn/ - Rance VI edition

Visual Novel General #1267

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

ask.fm/kastelpls/answers/132995746270
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best girl!

Thank you for fixing the OP.

Reminder to pirate all visual novel releases!

Nice to see an OP without shitposting in it.

Reminder: Rance is NOT a VN, and untranslated visual novels are NOT allowed in /vn/

Sounds like you're a sore loser to me.

>Dies Irae kickstarter anounced
>not enough hype
why?

;_;

It is bad, just read the already translated sections.

>EOPs actually think Dies Irae is good
LOL

>JOP going full dmg control
Whew

Was the cat dying the saddest moment in Grisaia?

The part where she's forced to eat it, is the worst I think

Is there a sadder one?

Sachi... why? maybe?

So what girl is best in evangile?

Asuho

She can't be sad, she has a cat. You can't be sad if you have a cat.

The headmistress.

I like lolis.

Who was he referring to here?
What did he mean by it?

What do we do if Dies Irae comes out and it's not good fellow EOPs?

Ritsuko. The polls don't lie

Halfway through the 20th century by a European country? Either Hitler or Stalin. I'm guessing he's referring to the holocaust.

Steins;gate does use a lot of alternate history so that would make sense

It'll be good

DELETE THIS

>not even 24 hours since pre-orders are up
>shills already going all out
Really makes you think

>tfw amadeus kurisu will never grow armpit hair
why live

Is that something important for you?

>all the kamige are getting translated
Why did I bother learning japanese

To gloat to EOPs

They aren't, though. Many new releases are coming out every year that won't see a translation, if ever, for years. This isn't going to stop; knowing Japanese gives access to an endless supply of visual novels.

Not that you actually know Japanese, of course.

Most JOPs have moved on from Dies Irae dude, it's old news.

And yet it's still near the top of every JOP's best VN lists. Doesn't matter if it's old or there are new shit if the new shit is all crap.

We're all backing the Dies Irae kickstarter right?

Good thing all that new shit isn't crap, then.

I would never support a vile asshole

>gloat to EOPs
>when they're getting uncensored Rance and best version of Dies
You mean get gloated on by EOPs

Is it just me or has huke's art gotten worse, not better, since the original S;G?

Gloated on by EOPs who haven't read Rance Quest, IX, or the remakes of 1, 2 and 3? You must be joking, right?

I also think it has gotten worse. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it might be a lot less detailed?

Some of them look good
Others turned out like this

This looks like a good month for VNs, bros. What are you all buying?

>buying

>buying

It's only there ironically to troll EOPs. Based on the translated parts so far it appears to be a bad version of FSN.

What does she smell like?
I want to pet her so bad.

Yeah, seems more inconsistent. I started raising eyebrows about huke's recent stuff when they designed that abomination Atilla for FGO.

I still like the style, though. It just seems to me that the original feels more consistent in quality.

her hair is a miracle

Preordered the Rance bundle as soon as that dude posted the link to it last thread. Gonna be doing the same for SukiSuki and Happymaher.
I'll buy 18+ Meikyuu if it comes out this month - big if.
Nothing else comes to mind.

Cuck

I can't wait to knob Felis.

>buy
Well, I'll buy any of the games that I like. Planning to play/read Himawari, SG; 0, and Rance this month. Relatively packed month since they're all long titles.

Imma buy Rance when I get paid, nothing else at the moment but I might buy Maitetsu if SP does really come up with a "solution to make everyone happy".

W-what about our MG boycott, my dudes?

>Conjueror's april fools joke was about working on Dies Irae with Gare and Lemnisca was true
Damn

You're just getting annoying now

fuck off to your own thread

>t. someone that does not know what Dies Irae is about
ask.fm/kastelpls/answers/132995746270

there are no good vns coming out this month.

Just an H-RPG

>kastel
Didn't even open the link. I already know it's full of empty drivel.

Himawari

Dies Irae is about the humanization of characters in a shounen action story or video game plot. Everyone realizes they are characters in an arbitrary system and they are stuck onto that system for various reasons. If you have ever watched Princess Tutu, imagine that but with Nazis.

I'd say people often imagine Dies as this Bleach ripoff and it doesn't help that no one can really describe what Dies is. And if I talk about it, it will basically be me citing Linda Hutcheon's theories of parody. But if there is another way to talk about Dies, I'd try writing a post on it. Maybe.
I don't care too much about chuu2 stuff, but Dies is definitely something people should experience. The message is important and I find Masada's approach (modernizing the obtuse thinkers like Goethe and Nietzche for a video game audience) very appealing. I would write more, but then I'd be writing a blog post.

And no one wants that.

Filtered

Do I talk about Rance here or the Rance general?

Why would a train ever swim?

>why would plane ever trek mountains

that sounds wonderful

;_;

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't this person saying that the story is basically a Bleach ripoff and they can't actually explain the plot in detail because even attempting to summarize the plot would make it sound like a parody of itself?

And they're trying to praise the game here?+

>kastelpls
Into the trash it goes. Another pretentious autist who reads real literature to cover up for their insecurities over liking japanese powerpoints.

The Rance general if you want a good discussion

Dropped that shit at the end of the first route. #notworthit.

Can anyone link me the Dies Irae kickstarter? Might actually back it if they include physical

It's not up yet.

I've never read Dies irae, but I think what he means in that post is that there is a way that the story is told the way it is. From what I have heard about Dies irae, the story seems to be very self-aware in that it is aware of the fact that it is over the top and ridiculous, and this becomes a major point of the story. I think that's why he says that nobody can really explain it properly.

You don't boycott rape games, especially not Rance.

>no victory threesome with Konami

disappointing

Lol I thought it was Ishima Kaigen until this guy posted about trains.

Rance barely counts as rape since most girls end up loving it.

>It isn't rape if you enjoy it
I'm literally reporting you to the police

>3 month delay for the Dies Irae 18+ patch
nani?!

>Dies Irae isn't kamige
So what games are actual kamige?

Grisaia.

Someone's gotta translate all those h scenes.

Fata Morgana

Princess Evangelion

>game
Pathologic.

> As the Soviet Union marches on Berlin in May of 1945, a secretive group of sorcerers and madmen gathers to perform a terrible ritual. They care nothing for the fate of the Reich. To them, the countless lives lost in the battle are the perfect sacrifice to fuel their spell. After the war, they vanish and are not heard from again, except in rumor. One day, it is whispered, they will return. And on that day, the world will end. Fear the demons in human form. Fear the Longinus Dreizehn Orden.

>Flash forward to present-day Japan. Fujii Ren is released from the hospital after two months spent recovering from wounds suffered in a vicious brawl with his best friend Shiro. As Christmas approaches, he tries to rebuild his life, clinging to what brilliance remains. But even that is soon threatened. For the knights of the LDO have returned, and brought the apocalypse to his doorstep. Forced to wield the same unholy power as his foes, will Ren be able to protect what is dear to him from the inhuman might of the Longinus Dreizehn Orden?

Why would you fight so hard with your best friend that you end up in the hospital for months? If you fought that hard then he must not have been your best friend in the first place. Pretty unrealistic desu. Dropped.

YU-NO

>3 month delay for the Dies Irae 18+ patch
Conjie-poo, we need to have a talk

>people reading dies irae for the sex scenes
Yeah, like you guys read Fate for the h-scenes...

He said he will abandon you. So Ren went into yandere mode. Our MC is both tsundere and yandere.

>Ayakashibito is rated the same as Dies on EGS
Why isn't it more popular?

moogy hasn't read it

That's wrong though, Mao killed 78million in China, and Stalin 23million and before the atomic bomb.
both were worse than Hitler.

Go be a cuck somewhere else