/rlg/ - Roguelike General

>Poschengband 5.0.3 released
release notes: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8133
download here: sites.google.com/site/poschengband/

>DCSS 0.19 Tournament is over! Congratulations to team /rlg/ for an impressive (unimpressive) 31st place!
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/0-19-tournament-results

>Oook.cz Poschengband Comp
>(Shadow Fairy Swordmaster who starts with a Rune Sword in inventory, yes easy_lore and easy_id are on)
angband.oook.cz/competition.php?showcompo=197

>Nethack annual DevNull tournament is running until the end of November
nethack.devnull.net/

>IA 19.0 beta (9b12edf) Windows - with level-up crash fixed!
www20.zippyshare.com/v/SLn9DYZx/file.html

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Previous thread:
>/rlg/ nationality survey
strawpoll.me/11771201/
strawpoll.me/11771201/
strawpoll.me/11771201/

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/
archive.org/details/msdos_Rogue_1983
amirrorclear.net/flowers/game/sil/
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/
sites.google.com/site/broguegame/
github.com/tung/DynaHack/releases/tag/v0.6.0
forays.github.io/
strawpoll.me/11786010
nethack.devnull.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=iDFEUfS4r_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for chei

link to discord please

>i used a wand of mirroring on the bread

here u go user:
discordapp.com/

I'm actually really tempted to start playing roguelites and post about it here regardless of the backlash. It'd be way more on topic and higher quality than all the incessant shit- and meta- posts here

So how does one chei

go for it user

so should i eat all these mut chunks? i have 13

do it for Xom, yolo

>the thread isn't very good, so I'm going to crank the cancer to 11 so /gsg/ looks like an on-topic game discussion paradise
t. liquor pro

>game discussion
>cancer

>awoo is literally everywhere and is not remotely unique

at least were not world of tanks general
that stuff is inevadible shittery irregardlessly of time of day

Take him if you get an early altar or double back after you kickstart some defense. Then just kill the dudes as a dude with a dude of stats on your dudely back. Bend time on any non-trivial threat to slow it. Even works on pan lords with enough power. Temporal distortion to juggle ranged guys closer. Slouch fast shit if you can't wreck it. Always keep the mp for twoish step from time.

Yeah. The curve falls off around 6/7 muts and you often gain more than you lose.

I was using my rod of detect monsters actively, it is likely Borel was fast enough to dash in after a few steps outside detect radius. I tried to teleport with my stave but failed.
>you fail to use your device properly

Lord Borel on depth 35 it pretty bullshit, I say.

I'm playing a sexy character, so (massively) OOD monsters are much more dangerous.

As far as I know, /rlg/ is considered to be one of the most on-topic of Veeky Forums's generals. I think the shitposting has gotten worse over the past several months, though, but that's for all I have been here, for all that I can observe and conclude.

>"It'd be way more on topic and higher quality than all the incessant shit- and meta- posts here"
>As he makes a meta post
Do everyone a favor:
archive.org/details/msdos_Rogue_1983
amirrorclear.net/flowers/game/sil/
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/
sites.google.com/site/broguegame/
github.com/tung/DynaHack/releases/tag/v0.6.0
forays.github.io/

>off topic posting
>not cancer
roguelite is more cancerous than tummyposting

found the tummyposter

how the fuck does xom even work

And I'm aware I tried to move twice. Thats because I had no expectations of sudden OOD uniques (note I did use a rod of detect monster) and was intent to walk down a gods damn hallway.

is gsg that bad?

I only frequent one other general that appears to be free of all cancer, but I'm not going to name it.

I've been playing DCSS on and off for over 6 years, now, and I've never figured out the deal with decks and Nemleh Zoblex.

We should hold a referendum on roguelite discussion in the roguelike general

strawpoll.me/11786010

what's wrong with metaposting

>Lord Borel on depth 35 it pretty bullshit, I say.
That's actually his native depth.

use shift-move instead of mashing your keys dumas

/gsg/ is an utter shitshow. The only time people discuss games is to mock someone for being new or to meme about Vicky2 liquor. This thread is paradise in comparison, even with the meta- and tummyposting.

>mfw confuse an orc warlord and he falls into the water and drowns

>mfw enslave dowan and force duvessa to kill him with her own hands

>mfw stick her behind a slowed kobold in a hallway to let her berserk impotently expire, then killing her

>mfw paralyzing the lead gnoll in a pack in a hallway and raining acid down on them all

artificer's the life for me lads

Doing what you complain about is sad. The general is for talking about games like rogue. Roguelites have zero business in it because they're here to talk about rogue and games that give the rogue experience. Something roguelites don't do. Either make a new general for them, make /v/ threads or be a mature adult about it like everyone else that eats shit and use reddit to talk about it.

Jesus. ive only ever encountered him around Dragon's Lair before. He's x99 more dangerous than any other unique at that depth, id rather face Morganne le Fae or Mordred.

Never heard of this before, how does it vary from generic movement? Moving one square at a time sounds like the most arduous shit in the world.

Also:
>Dumas
How did you know?

What are some good Pokemon roguelikes?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

it runs in a direction until you see a thing

press shift L in a left-moving corridor and your little babby @ will move all the way to the other end of the corridor, unless @ sees a monster and gets scared

>press shift L in a left-moving corridor and your little babby @ will move all the way to the other end of the corridor, unless @ sees a monster and gets scared
Thanks, ill have to remember that when I get less salty and come back for another assbeating.

Most of my problems could probably be avoided by not playing sexy characters, but god damn I'm determined to win as one.

>that one Sewer with Grinder and the kobold demonologist
How can one even deal with it?

>grinder
go out the entrance you came in, unless you love dying to rng instakill

percent resist chance MR is a Good Mechanic (tm)

There are none. If you want a shin-megami-tensei clone there's Demon. If you want a turn based pokemon themed dungeon crawler you can play pokemon mystery dungeon

many ways, depending on your character

>tfw no new Demon until 12/11

I hear if you delete your starter demon on turn 1 and and win the game without ever linking with a demon you'll receive an email with a prerelease build

dude

brb trying this

You get mutations along with interesting and tactical situations

Don't tempt me

You play a scummy cummy tummy mummy of Xom and savescum until you get to the third floor of the lair branches and have rF+. Then go to temple and hold autorest to pass 1.8 million turns for Xom gifts while listening to audiobooks or podcasts. Whenever summons come just go up the stairs. Then you have 200k turns to go win.

The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long
like tears in the rain

That's not how that metaphor goes you faggot

AND DEMON IS NOT DEAD (I'll get around to editing this image later)

kobold demonologist is frail, so if you can ambush him from around a corner, you can finish him quickly before he starts summoning

grinder is another problem, but he falls to the same rules; ambush him and get him in melee

you should have a zerk pot by this point

>he
>him

>>Nethack annual DevNull tournament is running until the end of November
>nethack.devnull.net/
[calendar checking intensifies]

male is the neutral default

????

GAS THE DEVS

GENDER WAR NOW

>tfw you identify as an Edain of house Hador but Feanor just bullies you

grinder is a female (male) imp

>tfw zap 0 skill wand of conf/para/slow at Xhariehim and Xhariehiegoes goes down liek a bitch
Thank you based evo floor jew. You are my greatest ally

recommend me a PCB class, fellas/fellettes

GrBe, HEMo^Trog, MiBe

ring monk of nature

Human Warrior

>it's an "user is a complete dumb fuck that copypastes the entire old thread OP even though though people in the thread have been telling him that several things have changed days ago" episode
DEV NULL WAS OVER LAST WEEK
THE CRAWL TOURNAMENT WAS OVER TWO WEEKS AGO
TRIM

Too bad that's gonna change because of a very motivated shitposter, as always

Why do people try to shit up the only good vg thread I like

I'll have to pull a dicku one of these days

>no one will ever win mumo again
>dicksan will never ascend to pharaoh-hood
>tfw endlessly missing spanish pork tubes

done, will post results of the eventual splat

Demigod warrior of Zeus
Ring
Yeek monk of nature
Death sword
Possessor
Hydra
Jelly/slime
Android rune knight
Dunadain ranger
Lazy snotling tourist
Vortex

Then contributing to the bitching and post content. Why else do you think they do it?

MAULER
SMASH THE DRAGONS TO BITS WITH A 100LB WEAPON
POP YOUR ENEMIES SO HARD THAT THE BLOOD EXPLOSIONS KILL THE FRIENDS NEXT TO THEM
CRY AS YOU GO 20 LEVELS WITHOUT FINDING ANYTHING HEAVIER THAN A LANCE

LANCE REFORGE, I CHOOSE YOU!

A Lance +5,+6 {slay orc, A:Frost Bolt} 30.0s

>the loneliest MuMo
We'll get that meat filling one day, user. But someone has to choose to wear the crown.

>crawl
>dungeon is seen from top down
>but characters are shown frontally
How is this allowed

reforging a lance doesn't make it any heavier user

most of maulers' damage is based on weight.

>The pharoah waits in his tomb for the day the chosen one releases the fifteen seals of legend on his sarcophagus
>youtube.com/watch?v=iDFEUfS4r_A
Why haven't you saved dicku-chan?

Top down invariably looks terrible.

How the FUCK do I get into PCB? It's like reading runes

Use look and monsters/items in view a lot. Everyone has a rough time with their first but after a lot of the glyphs carry over.

vanilla angband is the one with the runes user

pcb still has the old ?id/*id* system

Yeah but what do I DO

Start with msvcr100.dll

Read the pastebin you quadruple dodecagiganigga. It gives you the lowdown on what to roll and where to go when. I followed it and got my first win in under 400 hours

I know but that's taking me a while and I thought I could get some quick tips out here

Listen here you little shit. The quality of your experience can be fast, cheap, or good and you only get to pick two. Put in your time to do it right or it's going to tear out your ass and impregnate you.

The pastebin has a quick start guide in it which is still largely accurate aside from the presence of dungeon entrance guardians.

Here's the most basic starting ctions
-with your starting fund, by basic armor from the armor shop
-with the rest of the money, buy teleport scrolls and healing items (cure serious wounds is fairly economical)
-take the Thieves Quest and level up a few times there.

if you have a ranged attack, spend all your starting money on teleport scrolls and head south to find a 2headed hydra to pick on for F R E E X P

Wrong

thiefquest is better of course but mages are often too pathetic and weak to take it at level 1

Hydra no sud del natre cont welc sam esser del Morivant quencha na kita wa Outpost. Kita no amer enflat purcel del chikara.

>Walk on down to swamp town
>zapzap muhfugga
>You have reached level 25
OhaiyougozaimashtasItadakimashtaayoonara

>just slap all the nihingo you know into a single word

holy shit this dank mace at 0 skill has been singlehandedly carrying my delicate skin

>Walk on down to swamp town
>Good morning
>zapzap muhfugga
>thanks for the meal
>You have reached level 25
>Goodbye
Fite me. It's been 7 years but I know a lot more than just that.

wtf is that tile

Is that a -4 AC ring with a remove curse scroll?

What the hideous god of fuck is that tile?

>that tile
>-4 AC ring
>no buckler
>arrows
>great sword
>"the nimble"
>chei

what the fuck man

>ywn post here for years and still be this much of a shitter

tiles, not even once

Remove curse scrolls in his bag too

Joke tileset haven't you guys seen it