/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Hoonter of Hoonters Edition

Hunt the previous thread, Hunt the previous thread: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hL_qUG65P2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

>Best Covenant Edition
Based

AHH

MALEDICTUS

>whiff an unzip
>get the surprise of a life-time
Holy shit. In all my hundreds of hours playing, I had no idea Beast-possessed Souls had a grab attack. Especially not one that buffs them to OHKO-levels.

Have no clue why it's not connecting, my settings are right.

could be level/geographical difference
I'm sure we'll connect eventually

Are you in US? And I'm assuming you're right outside boss door?

do heavy abyssals work on weapons with no strength scaling?
Continuing from the above question, is putting Heavy abyssals on blades of mercy a good idea?

Yes.

Probably not.
25 str 50skl
Blades of Mercy (Phys only)
120+(120*1.1*.85)*2.058075648 = 477

50str, 25 skl, 1x heavy, 2x 27.2%
120+[(120*.65*.85)+(120*1.1*.5)]*1.617984=(120+66.3+66)1.617984 = 408

2xHA=1.3=(120+132.6+66)1.272 = 405

Yes, no.

They do work on em. If you have 50/25 Str/Skl and want to use the BoM sure.

Yeah I'm in the Us I can move to outside the boss door, I was at the lamp closest to the fight though

oh lol I was ringing at gate the entire time

What's a good area to get echoes right after killing BSB? Need enough for lhb.

Kill Amelia and go to the Lecture Building.

Otherwise Hemwick is you're only option.

Hypogean Gaol

>Otherwise Hemwick is you're only option.
>you're
JCHH

Oh yeah, there's also I need coffee.

Well I've been at the gate for a while so unless you moved it's just failing to connect

You don't want the holy blade. It's really just the claymore and there are much better and more interesting weapons.

I put a heavy abyssal on my BoM just so I could use them on my str build, they do alright damage.

yeah i've been ringing this entire time, i dont think it's gonna work out

Hit your Silencing Blank and ring again.

I've been ringing too.

Not sure what the issue is.

Also you never suspended the game browse YouTube or anything while you were anywhere past the title screen, did you?

If you did you gotta close the game and restart.

nope, I leave the game on while I meme on my laptop
I've been doing that

Closest to that would be switching input on the Tv, and when I did the network test it automatically logged me out of bb.

Since BB has gotten stale for me I've been branching out and playing other shit.

My brother lent me Elder Scrlls Online.

The transition has been so sad.

Well then shit. Make sure you're set to Worldwide and are ringing the right bell.

You might want to restart your game. Network test sign outs screw up other games, so it might mess with BB too.

Already reset the console. Does doing a complete shut down effect anything because that's what I'm about to do.

Finally connected

>tfw you too are growing a bit tired of BB since you've basically been playing it for 2 years straight
>tfw pretty much no good games have come out since BB
>tfw even DaS3 was pretty shitty and couldn't hold a candle up to BB
The memes are real
youtube.com/watch?v=hL_qUG65P2Q

Yep needed to a full reset on the console

>throw 2 poison knives
>ludwig aggros
Holy shit ludwig calm the fuck down

>that AFK check
Holy shit

Loran Darkbeast is the worst boss in the entire game, no contest.

>get killed because literally can't keep an eye on the boss because it purposefully dashes out of the fucking camera constantly
>re-enter room
>get one-shotted by a jump attack as soon as I finish entering
That's enough Bloodborne for a long time.

Camera Beast sucks, but idk if it's worse than Firesage Cleric.

Loran Darkbeast isn't actually that bad once you get the hang of him. The Undead Giants are the real worst bosses, because they have bullshit OHKO AoEs, way too much health, and an astonishingly uninspired design to top it off. At least Loran Darkbeast (and Paarl, by extension) has an interesting design. Undead Giant is just a big dead guy.

That's not Laurence

Well thanks for trying to help I guess I'll just do it the legit way

At least Laurence doesn't fuck with your camera, constantly dash out of range and have an obscene OHKO jump attack with no real way of knowing whether you're safe or not until it lands, unless you're nowhere near where it's jumping to.
You also don't have to fight Laurence under the CRF effects.

Undead Giants are tremendously slow, though, and their attacks are pretty well telegraphed. Cannon variants have 2-3 attacks at most when you stick close to them, and the ball and chain variants just require some patience. To each his own, but I think Darkbeasts are far worse.

Let's be re guys brainsucker is the worst boss.

Maneater Boar.

Don't fuck with the celestial emmisary

Laurence is underrated. People who say that he's a terrible boss are usually just upset because he' hard.

Loran Silverbeasts

Once they go on all fours your motherfuckign life is forfeit

I had no idea that it was possible to die to that boss until I found one that was quadrupedal for the entire fight.

>People who say that he's a terrible boss are usually just upset because he' hard.

Except that there's nowhere near as much bitching about Ludwig or Orphan, who are both equally hard, if not harder.

Ludwig and Orphan are both harder than Laurence and they're actually fun to fight. Laurence is just annoying to fight on top of being just a retarded reskin of a previous boss.

Ludwig can be cheesed and both do less damage than Laurence.

Good thing they're fragile enough that they never go quadrupedal unless you let them live long enough.

Someone explain to me how to dodge that attack from Orphan where he throws a piece of his placenta at you? Every time I dodge to the side, it somehow explodes and still hits me.

You mean the one where he jumps into the air temporarily and tosses it down at you? Try dodging to your 1-2 o'clock

You need to stay close.
It can also be blocked with the loch shield.

Any user up for some cainhurst shenanigans?

You ringadingdinging?

I will be in one sec, password bbg of course

Wew lad, my bad, I'll be ringing around there again

I'm considering a playthrough of BB at the moment. I usually do Arcane builds, but I was considering not using Arcane this time. How do I ramp up my build quickly, like how you farm for cursed fire gems in F2 of the first chalice dungeon? It's been so long since I've done a different build that I don't really recall a quick way to do so.

Physical builds can rush Chalice dungeons early and get obscenely powerful gems, 20.3% is the best you can get early-game. Unlike Arc it's not nesisary though, just a nice damage boost. Just play the game and use the plethora of physical gems avalible.

BLT build's want to rush first DLC area, kill Simon for Bow Blade, then rush Logarius for Chikage, then Maria for Bloodletter. After that use best tempering gems you can find until you muster up the will to go full Korean.

Guys, Marty Logarius is hard. Whats a fool proof way to defeat him?

If your having that much trouble then summon a friend

parrying

Are you on NG+ or something? Just stay close to him and dodge. You can keep him from second phase with some R1 spam too, I think.

Anyone doing some co op?

MALEDICTUS

Depends. Do you wanna do a CRF Loran Darkbeast with me?

Ah, neat. If there isn't much of a need, I'll just run through without rushing. I'll keep that in mind for BLT. That may be fun. Thanks!

Nevermind, I got that piece of boney shit. Scored a (relatively useless for me) 24.8% Bolt Abyssal. Don't even know if that's the highest percentage, either.

Dude, just play Demon/Dark Souls as an alternative.

>I prefer fast
Move to Monster Hunter or play DMC1, 3 and 4 instead

RED RUM

Cleanse us of this horrible dream

can someone help me with the lower pthumeru layer 2 pthumeriam descendant? Ringing at layer 2 lamp pw bbg

Im going to try to solo him a few more times if anyone sees this and wants to help me out let me know so I can go back and ring again

Also im an idiot I meant undead giant not descendant

Nvm just got him

good job user. see what a little persistance can do

After Alfred does his thing with the Queen, does he stay there?
Is Radiance Oath worth killing him for?

I feel like almost everytime I make a post asking for help I end up getting the boss within the next 2-3 tries for some reason

You don't have to kill him, after you talk to him in Cainhurst you can find him in the Cathedral Ward, in the place where you first met him.

assuming you're not bl4 you seem to be on your way of gitting gud, so maybe don't ask for help every time a little boss hurts your feelings

>return to the altar
O-oh...
Did he do himself in?
Why?

He just crazy

He wanted to be a martyr just like his master, just he was a little crazy and offed himself

oh shit, I finally have that Wheel weapon!
Is it worth good?

It's great.

One of the best strength weapons in the game

>Bloodletting Beast
>die all the fucking time to his bullshit hitboxes

HE FUCKING PISSES ME OFF

I FUCKING HATE HIS FUCKING BODYLSAM STUPID FUCKIGN BODYLSAM

HE WAS FUCKING EASY

FUCK YOU ALL

Lady Maria needs to be _______!

Kos

removed

her clothes removed*

dicked by Gehrman

cuddled

I'll start farming for heavys for about an hour. Glyph is exdy2m2t and the pass is heavy. I'll ring for a minute and enter the fog, if anyone wants to join post here.