is.Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=bqO6uZ0ZhX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>good
>Japan

kys

>found the retard

the war killed off any brands not good enough

Apparently 2 bombs really weren't enough.

>b-but the corvette is better than everything japan has ever made, r-right guys?

shut the fuck up, moron

Apparently 2 planes weren't enough either

>japanese people hate non-jap products
this is a universal constant

>weebs hate non-jap products
Ftfy

I fucking hate weeb culture but jap products are consistently the best products on the market, in almost every field

Tiny hands, no money (so want to work harder/longer), most are on shabu (meth)

no idea? not much reason to buy a car from anywhere else but :)

>mooneyes is owned by a Jap

So what now?

>american turbo
>american wheels and drag radials
>american clutch
>american performance transmission parts
>american pistons
>american radiator

Why would anyone build a car like that if they can't even afford to change the tyres?

Fucking poor people.

/thread

First off they used to be. Nowadays the rest of the world caught up to them.

Second off it's because they were(are) great at mass produced manufacturing. Japs have a ridiculously strict work ethic allowing the workers to wageslave real good.

>Japanese handling transmission and drive trains.
Why must they practically allways put hot objects next to an already hot transmission. There is a reason cvts have low life spans.

Japanese cannot into overstronk transmissions

The dual exhausts are so sex.

Criminally underrated post

No true, Aisin made the R154 and AR-5 trannies that can hold loads of power

*were

Fucking nice

incredible

I like this guy

>japanese engineering and design

I bet you're the kind of guy that thinks form > function

include me in the screencap nigger

they were better before, i agree

theyre still the best though.

artificial selection really helped out the car industry

visually, this is my favorite car image on the internet

>you like things i dont like? you must worship them!

kill yourself anytime

Sudoku culture

Epic

very nice

There were 4 planes tard. Or did you forget about the pentagon and the one that "crashed" in Pennsylvania

include me in the screencap

Triggered americlap spotted.

eric

the larger img

I love 240sx

Kill yourself

Hi /r/Veeky Forums!

include me in the screencap

Dass da shit

>Why are Japs so good at making cars?
Posts riced out supra, ya blew it

Agree with the other user that says they "used to be good" at making cars.

I want it to be the 90s-early 2000s again, they were kings.

Now their entire industry just makes people carriers and the occasional re-imagining of those same 90s sportscars (okay, I guess the GTR has a much longer heritage than the NSX, but cmon).

probably the 276 horsepower pact, manufacturers agreed not to make cars over that number for a few years so to make better cars they had to actually make good cars

Excellent post. Top quality

Where is the screencap?

Why the dual exhaust, seems like unnecessary weight.

Not like it matters, pigfat anyway.

what did he mean by this?

Competition breeds quality. The Japs were all trying to outdo each other in the 90s while sticking to the limit for advertised horsepower.

They could go over it but they couldn't advertise it as such. So instead they would design the vehicle with the potential to do so.

Top post, should bring good discussion.

great job it only took a decade

wrong thread fucko

I post what and when I want fags.

>when I want fags.
no wonder you type like youve got a dick in your ass

If you really wanna know why, its because they didnt have to focus on there military after ww2 so there engineering resources went in to the auto industry

They're not.

Instead of making proper high capacity engines for big horsepower such as v8s they tend to just recycle economy engines such as sr20s and rbs and bolting turbos on them.

They bring of 3rd world Filipinos and treat them like slaves in their factories

hahaha what? a 1991 Nissan Silvia 2.0 made only 3hp less than a 1991 Ford Foxbody 5.0. American engines are dismal, not to mention the fact Skylines have been on IRS and overhead cam for over 5 decades while American dinosaur muscle cars used pushrods and live axle with leaf spring well into the 70s

And the engines wear out faster than a v8

Just because a 2ltr makes 500hp doesn't mean it makes it efficiently.

how? V8 in itself is a very poor design, the opposing thrust force from opposite banking cylinders loses you torque at the crank. thats why straight 6 engines make so much torque, you lose none of that. its been proven numerous times throughout history that straight 6 are the best and most efficient engine design. a 2.6L twin turbo engine like a RB26 Skyline is a powerful, compact efficient engine. they made around 310hp stock. how is an American 6.0L V8 gasoline engine that makes the same horsepower using 2x the fuel efficient?

the Japanese mastered turbos and efficiency in the late 70s early 80s, you yankees took until not even 10 years ago to mass scale use turbos and you had to market it as Ecoboost or some other fancy name to boot.

> Japan so good at making cars
> posts one of the most popular cars from Japan
> over 10 years old
> doesn't post a Japanese car that's less than 5 years old
Name as many great Japanese iconic cars that you can think of that was made in the last 5 years.

Then tell me how good they are at making cars.

It's not like those twin turbos engines are super economical. 2JZ-GTE eats a lot of fuel too and they all also need 98RON.

I don't know man a C5 in the 90s avoided gas guzzler tax. i don't know if the Supra did but if it didn't than its safe to say the skylines wouldn't have either. i have no idea why more countries don't tax engines based on Fuel consumption rather than displacement. it is unfortunate that a Evo or STI that gets the same or slightly worse fuel economy than a Corvette will be taxed much less than said corvette in some countries and i doubt those cars pollute less either. i also don't know if id say a V8 is a poor design. Ferrari has almost a century of Formula one expertise at its disposal and they also go V8 over turbo straight-six. some of the most powerful cars in the world as far as top speed goes use V8s (CCR, CCX, Agera) as well as that Ford GT that went 280+mph in a standing mile. yea straight-line speed is for fags blah blah blah and all that but world records are nothing to sneeze at.

>10 years ago to mass scale use turbos
are you talking about just plain econoboxes? i don't remember civics, corollas or accords all being turbo charged. why would you on non-performance cars anyway especially in those days when they weren't as technologically advanced or efficient as modern turbo configured engines. there were turbo vettes in the 80s/90s (BK2 callaway) that even went on to beat skyline GTRs at Le-mans.

FUCK
PUT ME IN THE SCREENCAP

Stay BTFO

Because the SHAME AND DISHONOR that would result from creating INFERIOR products would be a DISGRACE and cause for instant Seppuku

WIDESPREAD DEATH AND SUFFERING

Someone needs to source me this shit

Here you go, buddy.

is.Veeky Forums.org/o/1479328372638.jpg

When Toyota themselves wanted to put a dual exhaust on the Mk IV and then dropped it due to weight, I think that's a valid point to question it.

Thx

Asian trannys are best trannys.

cool. That totally makes up for the garbage a650e they chucked into my gs400

I see you've been to Thailand

Np

Are you high? Im pointing out all of the highly engineered items in that car probably being american manufactured, designed, and engineered

highly tested and stressed items***

I am, and your sentence is so abhorrently worded that im having a hard time understanding it

Japanese are mainly good at making cars due to their close proximity to other major Japanese manufacturers. These companies often indirectly swap employees (executives, engineers, etc...) which grants them the ability to bounce ideas off each other. This is why Japanese vehicles (even motorcycles) are often built so similarly. Any mechanic can attest to this. Through a process of natural selection, they have essentially found and streamlined the most efficient and effective way to make cars.

Japan is literally the best and always will be. It's as simple as that. Anyone that ever says otherwise is a delusional retard.

/thread

epic thread

here's the screencap

You blocked out the comment for a reason, you want the mods at r/Veeky Forums to sticky your post to demonstrate what a shitty crop is

This is a smart fucking user

"good"

youtube.com/watch?v=bqO6uZ0ZhX8

Are you high?

Turbochargers were Toyota CT series from a Toyota Japan plant. Upgrade could be a Honeywell unit though could just as likely be a Borg Warner or pair of Mitsubishi units.

The transmission is GETRAG Getriebe- und Zahnradfabrik Hermann Hagenmeyer GmbH & Cie KG V160/161, a German company now owned by a Canadian company. It is unlikely the transmission has been upgraded with any other internal components, let alone American ones.

The OEM pistons were MAHLE slugs. MAHLE is German. Could possibly be a yank slug in there now, but there could also be nothing but bananas. How can you tell what manufacturer has been used for the pistons when looking at a photo of the rear fender?

The OEM clutch was Aisin from a Toyota Japan plant. Upgraded multiplate could be a Titan, but most likely it is an OS Giken. That's Japanese too, you fucking wop.

OEM Radiator was produced at a Toyota Japan plant. Upgrade is likely a Mishimoto. Doesn't sound very yank to me.

Ya blew it.

Fuckin' Tilton, not Titan.

put me in the screencap nigga

m8 if you look closer he didn't fuckin crop it at all lol

Dubs confirm I'm in the screencap

Well done