Civic for 3k maymay

Should I fall for the meme guys?

01 civic ex coupe 5 speed with 177k for 2,000 near me. What do you guys think? I don't know how to drive stick but I'm fairly mechanically inclined and can follow a shop manual, would this be a good beater to learn stick in?

Other urls found in this thread:

carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5855670459.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5875029403.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Final bump

2001 and 2005 are very bad years for all civics.

thats why they are always for sale.

What's wrong with these years? Drive train problems? Electrical?

carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/

Em2 owner here. They are fine

You know most of them have had the mount and air bag replacement right.

>implying jew owners paid for replacements
>thinking a 2,000$ had all recalls fixed

Also transmission problems are with only one of 2 auto trans put in them. canadian slxa is shit jdm slxa and bmxa actually work though.

Post link. Post your local Craigslist

Mine did. Plus they still give it for free. Unless someone got injured.
>Takata air bag broke a guys arm replacing it.

Change synchro and throwout bearings. They probably need it.

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5855670459.html

Here it is. I currently DD 7mpg modded camaro since i blew up my DD so I'm looking for a beater DD and also to learn stick in. An 01 coupe with the 1.7 vtec looks so tempting.

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5875029403.html

This one looks better. 03+ has led cluster and armrest which is nice.

Dang that does look nice, but 3300 is more than I'm trying to spend. I'm really trying to get something that I don't care too much about my last DD was an 84 firebird lol

trust me while 1.7 is iffy on what most would do for boost its pretty jumpy with vtec. for that cost and what it looks like as well as what he said, it likely has the aesthetics issues mine has. em2 has really thin stock clear coat and the interior headliners on them are fragile. id test drive it to tell if the shifter is fine, though i think he just is selling it because its starting to look like a shitbox.

>has an arm rest
they both have that.

If you can't afford an extra 1300 bucks you can't afford a new car at all. 2-3k buys a lot of gas.

I'm not gonna boost it any time soon so I guess that fine, thats why I have a bored 350 in my other car and planning supercharger. This would be a total beater for me to DD onto base with my dirty ass issued gear in the trunk. The pathetic thing is im relying on my buddy to test drive it for me since I can't drive stick

I have like 12k in savings and put away 2k a month into savings, but this is gonna be a beater so it looking nice isn't a priority.

I want to eventually fall for the boosted rice burner meme, but not until I can't proficiently drive stick so thats why I was lookin at this. Also with a 2 door I can lie to myself and pretend it's sporty

>cant drive stick
i know the feel. im stuck with my auto tragic em2 that has a strange but reliable tune. if you want a little more go to the thing get a different camshaft for it. doesn't do much at idle but you notice it a lot in higher revs. though since you are mainly dding it the sedan might be better. em2 will throw your shit in the trunk.

Don't. Keep it stock or buy one that has already been raped.

user, im sorry to say but changing the cam shaft to a first stage one actually makes it more reliable in this case. i shit you not. also cold air intake is pointless and adds no hp.

The worse part is im a marine training in the desert right now and my pops called me today that the firebird got a parking ticket. I told him to send it to the scrap yard and keep the money since it won't turn over anymore (overheated and blew engine but still ran for a little, but it's dead now) and I don't expect the old man to push it out of the street sweepers path weekly.

He told me he bought a little 96 nissan 200sx beater for 1500 that I could have for free if I want but sadly it's an auto too.

>drives a pos "modded" auto tragic camaro
>last car was a pos steel coffin also auto tragic
>says he can't drive stick but can fix a car
Said no one ever. Mechanics can drive stick.
>training to be a marine
>lives with his daddy
>still can't drive stick
Jesus fucking Christ cringe.

Honda still sends me notices for free airbag replacement because of recall. Only problems is i work fulltime

This. Fucking sage. This retard needs to learn the hard way like we all have.

I learned to drive standard on my mom's fucking FC.

The "hard" way isn't even very hard, it takes like a week tops.