/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Game of the Year Edition

>News Feeds
twitter.com/indivisiblerpg
twitter.com/skullgirls
twitter.com/sgmobile

>Skullgirls Stuff
/lzg/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/labzerogeneral
Stream Calender: docs.google.com/document/d/1mNi8lajKTmYgwvi_6UkeR24n6DvTONHHYiaIyxuXbBI
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242
Public Discord Chat: discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In
Wiki: skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Skullgirls_Wiki
Outdated SRK Wiki: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
Just go to training mode and set "Attack Data" to "Advanced" for frame data
/sgg/(rip) Album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip
SG Mobile Site: hiddenvariable.com/skullgirls
Official Merch: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
More Official Merch: sanshee.com/collections/skullgirls

>Indivisible Stuff
Main theme(WIP): youtube.com/watch?v=mTFmaDYfKBk
Kickstarter with free prototype: indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/updates
Forums: skullheart.com/index.php?forums/indivisible.103
Official YT: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g
Official Site: indivisiblegame.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M5DD-JVl284
skitter-leaf.tumblr.com/post/153996954409/
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30106748
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60080529
twitch
twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/805213954108628992
twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/805291215772119040
twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/805325293418266624
iee-kee.tumblr.com/post/153980723268
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New announcement when?

Last SG you fought in your last game gets to screw you,who is it?

why is skullgrills so dead bros? didnt we make the perfect game?

I believe it was Beowulf.
Totally okay with it. I'm used to getting fucked by him anyway.

Where's Peacock?

Not sexy enough

Next week dude.

But they hopefully got an announcement on Monday, since that's the Anniversary.

where's double?

She is the blanket

JWong's played SG off and on since Vanilla.
He played a Val/Para duo and a little Filia I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=M5DD-JVl284
This needs a runback.

skitter-leaf.tumblr.com/post/153996954409/

Have there been any new updates on Skullgirls Mobile?
Looks like a 2017 release now.

Marie might be added as the first new character

Is there an official source on that?
All I've seen is Fan speculation.

Brady has shown off excerpts of her bio

That was for the PS4 Physical Release Manual though.
He might have made ones for Umbrella and other Story featured characters too.

Kind of a wasted OP image since the pre-order period is long over.

SG2 will probably be in 3D

Only if Autumn abandoned LZ and did it themselves.
In which case, the IP pretty much dies.

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel for art

Wasn't there some really old meme about cake?

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30106748

the anatomy here is terrifying

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60080529

Now's your chance Carol. She thinks you're vulnerable. DESTROY HER!

twitch
.tv/missionstartpodcast

brazilian online tourney

>autism

I see the BRs like double

NJ Quarterly Rapport Tourney was on earlier too. Got some archives to watch.

Kinda lost track of other streams this morning because of all the PSX stuff,

Yo important vote for SG beta

twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/805213954108628992

Oh shit.
This is HUGE, didn't Mike say he was satisfied with the state of the game now?

I thought the beta was almost over

madman or genius?

please don't

Almost 50% its happening.

It'll "happen", but there'll be so much hate it will get removed.
So much of this game hinges on the Undizzy value.

>Undizzy
Yes,i know the name is self-explanatory,yet please explain

it's like stun in other fighting games but instead of getting stunned after getting hit a bunch of times, you're able to burst instead

Basically it limits the amount of certain types of attacks you can do in a particular combo.

So where the IPS (Infinite Prevention System) stops you from doing the same exact loops over and over again (say you light punch twice, medium kick twice, then hard punch launch opponent in air, hit them while jumping, and before they recover you do the same exact light punch twice and medium kick twice while you're back on the ground, then hard punch launch them in the air, hit them in the air again, repeat)...

The Undizzy keeps track of the types of attacks and limits the pattern you pick. So for example you can only do standing light attack > standing medium attack > standing hard attack > launch into air do a combo, but when you come back down to hit again, you can't use the same pattern for the second wave of hits even if you swapped out medium punches with medium kicks while standing. You'd have to switch it up by adding crouching attacks and jumping attacks too so that you don't trigger undizzy.

The Undizzy and IPS forces players to make more creative patterns to maximize their damage while limiting the length of the combo.

This is all coming from a complete waifushitter so I could be completely wrong, so someone correct me if that's the case.

Only thing I would add is that Undizzy is increased on counterhit (based on strength of the counterhit) allowing longer followups.

>The Undizzy keeps track of the types of attacks and limits the pattern you pick. So for example you can only do standing light attack > standing medium attack > standing hard attack > launch into air do a combo, but when you come back down to hit again, you can't use the same pattern for the second wave of hits even if you swapped out medium punches with medium kicks while standing. You'd have to switch it up by adding crouching attacks and jumping attacks too so that you don't trigger undizzy.

IPS and Undizzy are two different things. IPS is what says you can't repeat things, Undizzy says you can't go over a certain max length.

150 undizzy is not happening

I'd like to try out 150 in Beta, but like with those higher SuperJumps, I think it comes too late to be implemented into Retail now.
It would just be like a rough preview for SG2 before the Beta shuts down for good.

I think some people are exaggerating the effects of this though. It wouldn't force us to completely relearn the game.
Mike actually played around with Undizzy values a long time ago when he was first implementing it, and tested some lower values.
The entire idea of Undizzy was frustrating for some people back then, because we were coming from Vanilla combos, and so the value settled on 240.
He probably could have stuck with 150 as the value though, and eventually it would have been fine for most people today.
The game has evolved to where high-level is more Reset-based than it was at the beginning, and 240 really is a bit more than necessary.

Of course 150 a big change, but not nearly as much as those Beta SuperJumps, or just the move from Vanilla in general. It would just remove about a rep from BnB combos.
Most high level mixup routes and resets would be unaffected, since pros usually never go for late Resets, or one-touch Max Undizzy anyway.
The biggest impact would probably be on intermediate players (like me) who tend to focus damage through long combos and safe damage.
Avg BnB dmg would go down by at least 1000-ish without Resets or Counterhit, so we'd need to level up our mixup game and go for more risks to get the same mileage.

I'd be fine with that, since those are the strats that always go further against better players anyway, but that's the kind of change that might be too much so late in the game's life.

Posting better daki

>dat squigly
hnnggg

also it'd be parasoul/squigly, so i'm going to be bone dry in the morning

This is your God and Satan tonight

Wouldn't 360 have caught her if there wasn't already a push block happening?

Will I enjoy Skullgirls even if I don't like Marvel? I'm considering getting that LE

yeah

You should try it out on digital download and see if you like it. Gameplay-wise, there are things I love about SG that aren't in Marvel, but it's definitely still inspired by Marvel.

The LE might be really hard to pick up now too. LRG will probably only sell it again for a very short window before they ship, and after that it'll probably be like $70+ on eBay.

Depends on what you don't like about Marvel. If you don't like teams, assists, chain combos, launchers, etc, SG probably isn't for you either. If you don't like MSP, Morridoom, TAC infinites, unblockables, etc, then give SG a shot and see if you like this better.

Pretty much this. I love Marvel characters, but balance is really good in SG.
I like that in SG I can pick any team I want and make it work if I put in the time.

Absolutely disgusting

From where is that?

got any from the recent BR tourney?

Aw, I'd have thought that would work.
Maybe it killed too late?

twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/805291215772119040

New Shantae is fun! GFX wise I love how they handled the 2D+3D elements.
It actually matches the concept art (unlike a certain other recently released game).

With LZ's animations plus the new BGs and lighting, Indiv might look even better.

I dont see it on the steam store page

If Trigger is really doing the anime opening for Indivisible, what are the chances of seeing one of their anime characters in the game like the Kill La Kill girl?

It's not officially out yet. They sent Early Access codes out for Backers last week with the mostly complete game.

Digital Release date should be later this month.

running out of ways to bump the thread? lmao

If they sketched her in somewhere, that would be on them. Y'know LabZero ain't about to pay for any extra licensing.

Of course there's the chance the studio actually contributed to the campaign for a NPC too, like how French Bread did for Skullgirls.

twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/805325293418266624

iee-kee.tumblr.com/post/153980723268

LZvsFB when?

Do not taint French bread pls

sorry to break it to you but it's too late

A DEAL IS A DEAL

is wong going to suck his nipples

You follow the intructions.

Since I'm already asking how the fuck are you supposed to block Eliza s.MP when incoming?

It has several frames of startup, you simply block it

You can react to 10 frames (1/6 second)?

Every halfdecent fightinggame player can, is your monitor perhaps locked at 30Hz ?

>Squigly
Best girl to bully

You shouldn't beat a dead horse

Is it too late to order one of those limited edition physical copies for the Vita?

yes

Is this what happens when you pretend to play fighting games for so long you think you're so good? LMAO

Which Sg is the most likely ending up as the next skullgirl