Help choose my next car!

Help choose my next car!

Am a wagecuck with a 71' Bug I'm constantly working on so I need something I can drive when it's under the knife or parked for the winter.

> $5000
> Stick
> Drive-able in snow
> Fun
> Somewhat Practical
> Able to comfortably fit my 6'6" bod (aka not miata)

Civic for 5k.

Legacy w/turbo seems to fit the bill, I've always had a soft spot for it

a bit mundane I guess. Plus I'm in the rust belt and I don't want to imagine the horrors most old stick civics have been through

Gen I Taurus SHO, gen II if you can live with auto for that v8

You can find clean ones. Especially for 5k.

Saabaru.

fair enough, I guess I'm just after something more unique

I love the Aero, noted

Go for a subaru liberty wagon, go for one with the H6 engine

would one of these actually be in my price range? also I'm p sure h6's only came autocuck style

you can't get anything unique and reliable that would make a good DD for 5k.

Jeep Cherokee xj

ford bronco 2 or ranger or cherokee or f150.

or TSX.

pretty much anything really

Another vote for a Subaru
Good reliable cars for a dd in snow country.

Well that's just plain wrong

what meets that criteria oh great one?

Put 5k on a new fiesta.

I'd say go with a Subaru loyale or GL/DL great cars in the winter, can take a beating and the engine is much easier to maintain than later flat engines. Plus they are almost always less than 5K, but can suffer from rust, might be hard to find a rust free one. Then again it might not matter if the price is low enough you wouldn't lose any money picking it up for the winter and selling or scrapping it in the spring (now that I think about it don't scrap a loyale)

I've looked into them and they're so rare in my neck of the woods to begin with, and any that are actually still left are rotted out

there pretty uncommon around here but i was lucky enough to pick one up for 600 (the ad literally just said subaru for sale) and its ran for the last 6 months with no problems other than the last of the stock parts failing one by one