How many HP does a pod air filter add?

How many HP does a pod air filter add?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VjE3NjDdfts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who cares about power when you get that sick induction sound uleh

anywhere between 6.9 to 42.0

42 horsepower? Was the intake clogged with leaves before the swap?

>6.9
>42.0
>69
>420
get fukt fagguette

It depends.

But if it has an electric turbo inside it, +100 at least

Your name is stupid

>this anally devastated by his whale benis intake
kek

It's what I would imagine a black female freestyle rapper would refer to herself as

between -3 and 3

Depends on the car obviously. Some turbocharged cars can gain quite a bit. ~10hp

Personally I'd take that as a compliment, but I'm not KitKat.
Besides, kitkat is pretty cool and tends to be halpguk and informative.

Oops, had a fucking stroke
*helpful.

Depends how much it has with it, let's say 100.
Now let's remove it and run no filter and lunch the engine, 0.
100 is better than zero.

My car reportedly makes 10hp gain at 8200rpm as given by K&N. Whether this is true or not is another story.
Also heat soak is a bitch, many OEM intakes don't suffer from this, but alot of "cold air" intakes use aluminum piping or the likes, so they end up pulling in hot air into the engine and end up hurting performance if the airflow in the engine bay isn't handled properly. On a dyno, you might see that 10hp gain, but after an hour of driving through traffic, you might lose hp over stock due to heat soak.

>tldr:
when cold, a cai "might" add hp, but many designs are shit and end up creating an oven tunnel for the air to pass through before getting into your engine.

Also while we're on the topic, so many people shill stock intake systems, yet 99% of stock systems are restrictive due to noise concerns and the fact that engineers have to keep in mind their cars will be owned by normies that aren't going to change their filters or will not think twice before driving through a 2 foot deep puddle.

If you're willing to do more frequent oil changes, as a less restrictive filter is going to let more shit in, and you like the noise, and want a slight power gain, then get a CAI.

pic related; how a properly designed "cai" should look.

as stated in this thread. What you gain largely depends on your stock intake design. Some are great from the factory. Others suck hard. Pod filters can actually lower performance in some applications due to being designed worse than the stock filter setup and having metal piping which has a lower thermal coefficient than some plastics. The real gain is usually just sound.

My K&N intake kit says +10hp on my 2.0T TFSI, so I'll go with that. All I hear is turbo spool, so it must be working.

The $7 pod on my '98 A4 1.8TQ works bretty gud too :DDD DD

For a car without forced induction deleting the airbox for a pod filter will hurt throttle response but if the new filter is high flowing it will (probably) add high rpm power.

>halpguk
Holy fucking shit thank you user

your tldr is longer than the original explanation

None

If you buy a product on a sale, you don't earn money, you save money.

If your engine have more power after an air intake filter swap it didn't add any, it simply got the air mass it should've been given from the start.

Anywhere between 0 and 3

Between -5 and nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=VjE3NjDdfts

Definitely have it done in India

Whatever the eBay ad says

>6.9
on sohc its more like 2.3

Bout tree fiddy

+0 - +7 HP
depending on how restricted your car was to begin with

-0 - -3 HP
if your factory set up was better