/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Ministry of Silly Walks edition

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.1 Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

I moved the links to the classic R6 games to the Miscellaneous Link section of the OP guide. If you don't like this change, tell me and I will restore how it was before.

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/930H_ZRExbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for old man thatcher

/old man/

3rd for ruze мyдaк блять

>Smoke goose stepping

How fitting

Stop reinforcing between bombs

You're literally only helping the enemy team

>spectate the last guy in our team
>1v3
>realize hes using a controller
>on pc

ME HONOR
YOU DIE

Fuck off retard

You can turn off maps?

post caveira lewds from old

Yes.

What's the deal with that bug where you try to run through a doorway but then you rubberband back to behind?
I actually once lost a game because of that.

you can in matchmaking preference options but it's not a guarantee that you'll never get those maps

try beating the door 3 times
it usually means that the door is still intact but its gone on ur screen
if that doesnt work try a other one

They're in the gallery friend

I find it significantly reduces the odds in multiplayer. I have skyscraper off because I'm new and wanted to learn... any of the other maps, really, since I'd played Skyscraper like 20 times in a day. So now I almost never get Skyscraper. I also haven't seen Favela once since I turned it off.

In THunt, if every player has it off it shouldn't play, right?

iirc it's a client/server conflict where your client sees a big hole but for whatever reason the server still sees an intact wall. in other words typically ubisoft shenanigans

reposting comic

Hopefully you guys can help me with my connection issues I was playing fine all morning until I begin cueing into the southern Brazil Datacenter. I went into game settings in my Uplay folder and manually detected my region, I'm still getting ping of 500 milliseconds

If you're doing a group only Thunt only the person who starts the mission needs to have maps disabled/enabled, I think

and the sequel, I had a typo, gonna fix that eventually....maybe

>I DONT LIKE PEOPLE USING WHAT I DONT LIKE

I think this is cute but I don't really get the joke. Is it referencing some other comic?'

It's a pretty bullshit bug. I hope they address it in this season's reinforcement patch, along with

Lol that retard bandit is gold

>put the battery on everything
>twitch comes around
>maybe we put battery on ze drone?

I wouldn't mind if he's on the enemy team, but having an ally with a controller is like having an ally with Parkinson's. It's just not gonna help ya.

I guess they didn't read the basics on the OP guide!
How silly of them

it's all in how they play, mate

>bombsuit terrorists

Is this supposed to be impressive?

You could do the same thing with a mouse and keyboard PLUS all the actually impressive peeking and pixel shots.

still waiting on my bomber-only thunt mode

Headshot them. EZ.

never said it was supposed to be
but the main reason why console players fucking suck is because they dont use sneaky peek holes

but regardless, in the whole clip i aced that team with teammates who were too retarded to even grab an assist.

Termite went to A&M. He is all about hot. Chili can be a hot food. Chili is sometimes eaten at football games.

Okay, good for you, but this is my problem when people say "controller is fine".

Yes, technically you can practice up to a level where you can play semi-competently with a controller as evidenced in your webm. But you're literally handicapping your skill because you'll never be able to pull off advanced things with it - and anyone who is good and has KBM will shit on you because they have the pixel aim and precision peeking/pre-firing advantage.

So what you're really saying is "this level of play is fine for me, I'm comfy and not moving further up, therefore stagnating and not reaching higher potentials"

whatever you say mate.

But he's right
Controller is an objectively inferior control system to mouse and keyboard for FPS

He's right.
You are objectively handicapping yourself if you use a controller in any shooter.

>people can still leave to escape the interrogation

why havent they fix this yet?

>playing casual

So apparently there is a demo of the Spanish map at PSX?

Where or when can I see it.

>fucking around with friends in casual
>losing 2-0
>at the start of round 3 guy on enemy team all chats "3-0"
>all agree that now we have to win because fuck that guy
>win 3 rounds in a row
>spam "3-0" in all chat
Sometimes things just work out perfectly.

>bugs are ok as long as they are in casual

It's not a bug, they left.

>ash's rifle has less recoil than an smg
Why is this allowed?

Laziness

superior american firearms

Turn her into a heavy armor operator

>leaving a game to help your team
What a trooper.

I think she should be 2 speed myself but I'd love to see this just for the ash main asshurt.

>tfw IQ would see more use just from this

>chalet, snowmobile container
>be prone behind black crates
>roamers get picked off until it's 1v3
>hear wood breaking from wine cellar barricade
>stand up and somehow survive long enough to headshot all three
I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE

>lose 3-0
>faggot on enemy team with 1 kill starts shittalking
>manage get our shit together
>3-3 faggot leaves
>win 4-3

most satisfying game I ever had

I haven't played since the game first came out, but I want to start playing again.

Are any of the DLC operators essential to buy or can I just not bother buying them?

you can just rejoin without any consequences

THANK YOU BASED PASTEBIN user :^)

love ya boss

none are essential

They're not essential but they are mostly excellent.
Particularly Buck. Blackbeard, Echo, and Hibana.

>been waiting 6 minutes
>"estimated wait time 42 seconds"

Fuck this shit.

Valk, Hibana, BB

They're all useful in different ways, but you can fulfill almost every important role without them. If there are any "must buys" I'd say Valkyrie and Hibana for intel and powerful sightlines respectively. Echo is neat, but he's better as a compliment to Valk rather than a replacement for her, and he almost fills a similar niche as Smoke for discouraging rushes.

If you had to pick only one, which one do you think i should get?

Valk

I can't kurwa wait for Polish operators.

B U C K

I only play smoke and rook on defense and when they're locked I don't know who to pick.

Valk, Castle and Echo can sit on the objective too

>castle
No.
>valk, echo
I'm lvl 29, I don't have 25k renown. And when I do I'm probably going to buy frost. Kap's nice but it only sometimes work on some day maps.

>Trust in my work
I kek'd

What the fuck is wrong with montagne players?
>drone out kapkan's traps
>"Watch out guys, kap placd traps entro doors"
>Monty rushes in saying "they all roam"
>Runs into a kap trap 15 seconds in

Old OC

Frost is a lot of fun with the right mindset. Her traps feel pretty thoughtful since she can put them almost anywhere. Just a tip, she's a better point defender/beta roamer than she is a full on roamer. Keeping every spot where you put a mat down in mind and then quickly peeking to take out injured players works a lot better than running to the edge of the building or telling your teammates where the traps are. Also try to think like an attacker when placing your traps to think of where they wouldn't bother to look or where they'd have to focus on an angle instead of the ground.

Frost is a meme character.

how do i get good?

i always die before i even see the other guy, let alone return fire

That's okay, I also play glaz and IQ while my elo is still low enough that picking anything but non-meme characters is an insta-kick. I even play montagne on bomb, and trying to be useful with him is pretty painful in most cases.

I had such a tasty double kill last night. Sound really is everything in this game.

2 v 3. Was just protecting the objective room on plane as Echo. Heard an attacker get on their drone in the hallway. Run out and shoot Glaz in the face while he's on his drone. Start to reload when I realize I'm standing right over Fuze, also on his drone. Shoot him too. Both kills are in the final killcam.

Took almost 0 skill, but it just felt so good.

why bother asking for advice if you're just going to ignore it anyway

>4-4
>Opfor last operator standing
>Friendly last operator standing

Tfw...

>tachanka turret is getting a shield

cool

fuck reddit though

>on hostage
>wait behind cover until the timer runs out and they try to grab the hostage as a last final push (1v3)
>shoot the guy grabbing the hostage and hide from the other enemies trying to kill me
>timer runs out
>win match

pre nerf blackbeard shield?

Yo Echo's mp5 fucking sucks jesus christ

Had this the other night
>Bomb on Hereford
>Want to plant in the projector room in the basement and tell teammate to cover me
>Get behind desk
>Teammate dies
>Plant anyways
>Already sweating bullets
>Some jackass on their team left a shield next to the metal filing cabinets
>Hide behind it, though there is a small crack im afraid of being shot through because last guy is Jager
>Their team blew the fuck out of the drywall with kill holes
>Watching door
>Get shot from crack
>Pop up and spray, trying to find the guy
>Try this a few times from different angles
>Finally see the fucker
>Get ready to pop up and get him
>Pop up and shoot where I saw him
>Fuck, he's moved
>See him in the corner of my eye and whip my shot right to his head
>Teammates break deathly silence
"Holy shit"
"Whoo, close one"
"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST"
>Stand up, take off headset, and start pacing around
>Can feel my heart throbbing, hands shaking for a clean 2 minutes afterwards
>Get a bottle of water and drink it very quickly before next match
>Wash face
This is why I play your game, Ubi, nothing like it

If you can't aim

>dude every shot I make is a headshot lmao
tell that to the capitoa rushing you around the corner. Good fucking luck

It's pretty decent, it's weak as fuck but I like it overall
We all have different opinions though, you're talking to the guy loves the 556xi more than life itself
That's probably because I /Thermite main since beta/

So pick the shotgun

>on attack
>15 seconds left

youtu.be/930H_ZRExbg

This, the Supernova is fucking insane, friend got a 5 man with it last week

Yeah but this gun is waay too weak, it feels like I have to put like 10 bullets into someone to kill him. Ridiculous.

I love the 556x as well, been maining him since the game came out

Yeah I made that post after my 2nd play with echo and I did alright, the mp5 was shit.

Gonna try that shotgun next

Doesn't even have to be match point for that feel. Every 1v1 is already something. Surroundings are silent, your team is silent, it's just you and the other who's god knows where.

I don't like playing Thermite but isn't his gun ridiculously good? I blow at the game but I do consistently well with it.

Not really, maybe you just feel more confident or play more intelligently with him.

His gun is trash. That's a reason why a lot of people don't like playing as him.

His gun is fucking amazing, I've never understood why people don't like it.

It's not as bad as people say but it's not especially good or anything

i dont know, turns out it was probably bullshit cause it was just a retweet but who knows

Doc is very similar to rook and is extremely forgiving with his stim shots.

>go to reddit last night hoping to find gameplay discussion
>it's 70% "look at this play I just made," 10% speculation on upcoming content, 10% white noise]
>no gameplay discussion
thanks reddit