> Join Demo Day 12
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12

> Play Demo Day 11 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11

> Play Halloween Jam 2016 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-halloween-jam-2016

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627 (embed)

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS (embed)

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ (embed)

> Engines
Unity: unity3d.com
UE4: unrealengine.com
Godot: godotengine.org
Haxe: haxeflixel.com
LÖVE: love2d.org
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11789460
eikamikiku.github.io/Raycaster/public
archive.org/details/GameEngineArchitectureSecondEditionJasonGregory.pdf
phygon.itch.io/portal-example
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>(embed)
>other thread at 725 posts
You stupid cunt.

There was an... incident involving someone who shouldn't be named..
Making a new thread early won't do any harm.

I second this Just wait for the other thread to reach bump limit.

I'm running out of time for DinoJam and this is all I have. Going to have to prioritise features, like having walls so you can't walk off forever

Hey /agdg/, do you guys prefer gameplay or story?

If you could answer this poll strawpoll.me/11789460 it would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

I prefer well made polls.

Doing a ray caster game, with floors and ceilings
will have a multiplayer

Play here(pure js):
eikamikiku.github.io/Raycaster/public

Only chromium based engine are welcome, cus its the only one that has good canvas support, maybe ill make a shitty fallback version without floors and ceilings for firefox later

what is that webm

sorry i had to make the gameplay small and had to compress it a lot

I prefer grown hairy men

>new thread at 720 posts
You keep doing this and using the same excuse.
All you've done is kill the previous thread before it's reached post limit. Now it will stagnate and the literally insane shitposter who is just as touched in the head and sensitive as you will trash the previous thread.

OP is a fuckup and this thread should be deleted as it's breaking the rules.

Filter

>!
>danny
>insane
>meltdown
>deleted
>deletion
>dodge
>him
>his
>ourguy
>images with "senpai"
>ban
>bans
>...
>rant
>rants

ez

Or, you know, don't be thin skinned

nah, it feels pretty good to see filtered posts

its gone way past that point man, are you fucking kidding me? avoiding 50 posts of putrid shit is just smart. its literally the same posts every time

Also
>glug
>boom
>sourcefag
>sourcefam
>shitfam
>reek
>mothdan
>YesDev

>filtering 'him' and other everyday words
Stop spamming your retardation and get back to the other thread
Also learn to filter

>tfw my wife's son saw me drawing the furry sprites for my game

>filtering "I"
Eye think you're a moron

FUCK I hate the audio stage. Can't find an appropriate sound for when a character is sliding on a 45 degree slope stone surface.

it's an exclamation mark, not the letter

Take a mic, go to any stony surface, record your shoe dragging over it. Edit in [program], you're set.

Eyem a moron, thanks for clearing that up.

Nothing wrong with animal people sprites.

>Take a mic
let me stop you right there

he saw the horse cocks

you're weLcome

Still trying to figure out shaders, the lack of helpful documentation and clear explanation is infuriating. Can someone please answer the following?

>Is the shader script run for every pixel being drawn?
>How do I get the width/height of a single pixel for use in the shader?
>Is the screen measured from 0 to 1, or from 0 to the width in pixels?

stop making threads early. just stop
where is your game?

Don't you have a mobile phone?
Quallity is for losers

my progress isn't good enough to post

>width, weight of a single pixel
Nani

then you haven't earned the right to start early threads

See
>Quallity is for losers

Alrighty, i finished several control types for the control panels. Now i can easily hook all sorts of ship functions to them. I also made myself a small sketch to have a rough idea which controls will go where on the panel. Maaan designing cockpit button placement so it isn't shit ain't easy. It's fun though. I have to watch out so i won't over do it, since nobody will be interested in learning what 10 million different switches do.
I will have to slap some sort of radar on the dashboard too.

>Is the shader script run for every pixel being drawn?
The fragment shader is run for every fragment rasterized, though they might not be visible due to depth/stencil rejection.

>How do I get the width/height of a single pixel for use in the shader?
1, 1

>Is the screen measured from 0 to 1, or from 0 to the width in pixels?
gl_FragCoord is in window coordinates. Using the interpolated position X and Y it's [-1, 1] in both dimensions.

shaders are almost bad as engine dev, good ones take forever to make and all they do is add some crappy effect, it's not worth it

You can now level up! Although stats increase by arbitrary numbers for now.
Also, technically, you can perform normal, side, up and down attacks (though they all do the same damage).

Not sure what to work next: enemy AI, inventory, dialog system, equipment, setting up the UI for the things I already have or making some models. When you have so little done, it's hard to choose where to start.

t. brainlet

100% custom engine coming through
Try to contain your jealousy

N G

Gimme seatbealts and a rollcage and I'll ride that bitch around all day.

archive.org/details/GameEngineArchitectureSecondEditionJasonGregory.pdf

Make way brainlets for the elite NG crew
No babby engine for these babbies thank you very much

What is weight?

>though they might not be visible due to depth/stencil rejection.
Not sure what this means, would it be a concern for a simple pixel platformer?

>1, 1
So what would I write to access the rgba of a neighboring pixel? Something like texture2D( gm_BaseTexture, v_vTexCoord + 1) ?

>Using the interpolated position X and Y it's [-1, 1] in both dimensions.
Interesting. I tried setting the red value equal to the x value, so theoreticaly it should be 0 when centered on the screen. But when I moved to the right of the screen, it stayed 0.

Thanks for your response

A typo of height

why do niggers bother with putting bricks under the wheels after they steal the tires?

dang that yellow one has a sick hood. functional too. enginedev confirmed best

i tried adding more detail and it looks worse.
Does anybody know if you can somehow paint OVER a texture?

Wow so much flak because I started a thread 30 posts too early.

Why the fuck are you trying to imitate me?

>Not sure what this means, would it be a concern for a simple pixel platformer?
No.

>So what would I write to access the rgba of a neighboring pixel? Something like texture2D( gm_BaseTexture, v_vTexCoord + 1) ?
v_vTexCoord isn't in screen coordinates. Instead of adding vec2(x, y), you add vec2(x/width, y/height).

I'd rather have to put the wheels on myself than have to try and create something that powerful from scratch only to end up with a shopping kart like a retard.

>brainlet
lel

neetdev?

so the car stays up while you steal the wheels, dumbfuck.

What do you mean over? Just export the UV map and paint on it in photoshop, gimp or something. Also normal, specular, AO and height maps etc can do a lot for your model

Parts only available from manufacturer.

are you retarded? you have to use the jack to lift it up anyway. in fact if you put bricks there it makes it harder to lift too

Let's say they remove both wheels from one side. How can they remove the jack if there's nothing other than it supporting the car?

kys fake ass poser nigga

is it worth making a generic 2D game with C++ and SFML or should I just use something like löve?

I have to ask: are you Squaredev?

For the tasks: find the hierarchy between functions to see which is required first.

what I meant by over is if I could put a texture that had no color? and I paint over it.

Anyways, I am going to try out photoshop

get rid of the black line around the brown vertical and horizontal stripes, and it will look good imo

Made another torture device because why not. I'll probably have enough props soon to start making something.

That works for me. The manufacturers have been creating strong and quality auto parts for decades and know far more than I do about putting together an entire powerful automobile.

Now I can happily drive to my destination with everything I need instead of never leaving the garage.

I hope these metaphors aren't too deep for the "brainlets"

Repostan for the not-4AM crowd
Got back to working on portals, they're massively efficient now and only render fragments that they have to. VR is still working/seamless, all that I have to do now is share the shadow buffer between the cameras to squeeze that last little bit of efficiency out of these fuckers
Here's a little non-vr demo: phygon.itch.io/portal-example

If you have to ask, use LOVE.

i want to create an openttd/simcity style isometric real-estate game

will love2d be sufficient?

VR medieval torturer simulator when?

I don't see why it wouldn't be

Well you could always grab a texture and desaturate it before importing if that's what you mean.

Is there a way to do it so it is in screen coordinates?
Something like gl_FragCoord.x+1?

I don't even know how I would use that to reference a neighbor

That would only work if you were sampling from a full screen texture and you were using a texel sampling function and not on that uses UV mapping.

>waste months by making useless props which can be downloaded for free in higher quality
>get burned out before even touching the actual game dev
GJ son

Anyone here work with cocos2d-x? (C++)

I'm currently working with libGDX but not sure whether to move or not

Not exactly what I had in mind but maybe in a year or so

Which is better SDL or GLFW?

Löve is just C++ with SDL2 and Box2D. So if you know C++, there's no real reason to go for Lua.

Great news everyone!
I found a way to make my airplane, I just need to assemble all these parts that were created by professionals and experts who far exceed my skill and then I can tell everyone I made the entire thing from scratch because I'm a genius!

H-how's it going so far you ask? Well... it doesn't really matter if I ever finish the airplane or fly, what's important is that everyone knows I'm building an airplane.

I'm smart.

What don't you like about what you're using at the moment?

Don't know what texels are, but please answer me this

You said before to add vec2(x/width, y/height).. What are width and height here? And for that matter, what are x and y measured in? From [-1, 1] you said, does that corresond to the screen or to the sprite's canvas?

Sorry that I'm still kinda lost here, but you're being very helpful and I really appreciate it

It depends. SDL has a ton of plus things like sound, image handling, game pad input, error message windows etc., while GLFW just barely creates you a window (like there's no default function to center it) and handles your inputs. You need other libraries for the other tasks. Which means you can mix the two. Like use GFLW for window, but use SDL Mix for sound and so on.

What's the point of making a game if you're not going to make it yourself? I'd rather make my own props and improve my skills. Burning out isn't really a factor.

UV coordinates go from 0 to 1 in both dimensions. So the left edge of the sprite or whatever is x = 0, the right edge is x = 1. A pixel's width in UV coordinates is 1/(width of the thing in pixels).

Think of all the fun minigames
>Turning the rack
>Fastening restraints
>Slapping/hitting
>Pouring hot oil
>Splashing with water to wake them back up
>psychological torture like throwing their possessions into a fire
>tickling

Mainly that you need to embed the JVM into the app when deploying for iOS which just bloats it by 50MB.

I'm far from good in C++, and C is more familiar to me, but I get by. I'm completely new to game programming though. are there any good resources which explain some basic game engine and map design?

I've never published to iOS so I wasn't aware, cheers for letting me know. Could be useful in the future.

>engine""""dev""""

I agree that it would provide a "unique" experience, but it's also a bit messed up. But yeah other than that I suppose there would also be a bunch of free media coverage for a game like that.

>bunch of free media coverage
nope
gta v had a brutal torture minigame and nobody even talked about it barely

t. engine"""dev"""

Yes I am,and yeah I'll do that.
did you make the connection because of the cubes?

^^161754904
Why do you care so much?

>engine "^8 dev "^8

Huh that's interesting, I have indeed never even heard of it before now. In this case it might also have to do with GTA V being talked about a lot anyway.

>gta v had a brutal torture minigame
It could have been much worse. I'm sure they took it to the limit of what was allowed by regulations though.