/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

bricko edition

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
-Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
-IOSU + Kernel exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
-Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a CFW, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-Dumping your own WUDs is now possible. gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both HENkaku and taiHENkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/202581739959353344/249934940639068170/nnidsave.bin
mega.nz/#!mQ4WERxa!NzeqdUHWk0qkd9WOm8Z7uLAhZ8_EWs7DFvi1kXWU2zM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So i've been following the guide to unlink my nnid, but when i hex edit the values to 00 on my backup and try to load it, the back up fails. The guide seems to be a bit outdated anyway, using filenames from older versions. Does it matter if im using Hourglass9 or do I HAVE to use Decrypt9?

I've got error code 002-0102. I'm pretty sure this is just a console ban and not an eshop/nnid ban.

If I decide to unban my 3ds using a public friendcodeseed will I lose my current friends list?

What other stuff could I be losing in the process?

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for.

see you in 5 hours, bricko

Well use decrypt9 just in case, although I don't see how it matters

Download this and use it instead just in case something went wrong with changing the 00
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/202581739959353344/249934940639068170/nnidsave.bin
It's an already prepared working one

Waiting for any packages in the mail /hbg/?

I just completed the guide and everything is working except for the eshop, i get error 022-2634, so I tried the guide in the OP, but i get dump nnidsave.bin: failed! whener I try to backup said file. what's the difference between doing the backup and won't doing it? will I miss my NNID?

I'm waiting for more underwear I ordered

It's there in case something messes up. It's up to you if you want to chance it or not. I've never heard of that backup failing though. How are you booting into decrypt9? Using the hold button boot?

So I should just kill myself now?

OR you could buy a flashcard.

>It's there in case something messes up. It's up to you if you want to chance it or not.
so if I follow the thing properly I will keep my current nnid without the need of the backup right?

>How are you booting into decrypt9? Using the hold button boot?
yep, left_decrypt9 to be more exact.

Yes it should do. Just in case you have the NAND backup as another, but perhaps more extreme option.

you lose nothing so go ahead and unban yourself

Sweet thanks

Is it possible to restore my emunand after I restore my NANDmin?
Let's say I need some files from my sysnand, and after installing a9lh on 2.1.0, I restore my NANDmin and get my data, and after that I restore my emunand. Is it possible?

You can restore Emunand over sysnand fine.
I restored to 9.2 using NANDmin then restored my Emunand on top of that

Got a DSTT coming in 5 hours and a microSD for it due to arrive monday

So I'm going through my homebrew menu to try to find decrypt9 and for some reason its gone?

I have hourglass9 on my start button hold bootup though. Is that the same thing?

Do I have to redownload decrypt9?

what kind of black magic is this?
I tried to inject the nnidsave but guess what, it failed!
I'm not giving up, I know there must be a way. somehow.

Question, if Im on 11.2.0-35 am I still good for a hacked system transfer?

"it failed" explains nothing
post a picture or something

hourglass9 is basically a retard proof version of decrypt9 with less brick-y features

download decrypt9, replace your start_hourglass9.bin with decrypt9.bin renamed to start_decrypt9.bin and then start it that way

>Hacked Pokemon Sun a while ago
>Bought the actual game today
>Can't get it to start, "game card extracted" error message
Did I fuck up or is it just a cartridge problem?

Are you definitely using sysnand inject and not emunand?

Update your CFW

What is the best tool for screenshots with the N3DS?

pic related.

completely

NTR

The CFW? Wouldnt that kinda clash with Luma?

Thanks that worked beautifully

So I hacked this a month or two ago but I never bothered to learn how to update it, everytime I launch it's there is it as simple as pressing the update or somewhere else.

runs on top of it obviously

oh alright. Thanks

is there a good place to leech ps vita back ups compatible with latest mai and standard latest henkaku

am dusting off the vita to update from 3.01 to 3.60

the last game i purchased for it day one was Ys- memories of celceta ( literally years ago )

sorry wrong picture

Judging by the image it's failing to find the file. Try sticking it on root instead of files9?

Alright, I'm doing it. I'm going to stop being lazy and I'm updating from Luma to A9LH. I'm backing up my NAND right now (I think I already backed it up when I got Luma in the first place but better safe than sorry). Is there anything I should do that's not in the guide to increase my chances? I'm definitely going to format my SysNAND (don't have any GBA/DSi games installed but better safe than sorry, I softbricked twice because it wasn't mentioned in the old guide that those would brick so maybe something else can do it), what else?

>updating from luma to a9lh
i'd strongly suggest reading up on what a9lh is before trying to update to it
i can see you breaking your arm while trying to do that with fuck all knowledge

that's the thing, it IS in the root.

Was unbanning myself really that fucking easy?

Nintendo wtf

On the 4.70 method does anyone know if you can play fan translations and otherwise altered games that way?

Also do Super Slims still ship pre 4.70? Last I saw they came with 4.55?

Did anyone find the digimon applimonster CIA yet?

You should. Check the guide, however.

The file HAS to be in files9, just saying.
That error is different, it means it can't find the file in your NAND to replace it. I don't know how you managed that, but it seems your nnidsave is completely missing from your console.
Why are you even trying to inject an NNID?

Yes.

You can't play modded games.

I get this error when trying to load up Yugioh Arc-V in Adrenaline. Not sure what the problem is.

>Why are you even trying to inject an NNID?
error 022-2634

>The file HAS to be in files9, just saying.
for real? the guide in op reads "1. Copy the nnidsave.bin provided above to your sdcard root"
gonna try that bro, thanks for the help

Does backing up / restoring NAND also effect game saves?

Failed to load save data, I believe.

Any tips on finding an old 3.55 system? All the ones I've found turned out to be scams.

Or are there any fan translation/uncensors worth playing anyway? (suppose I could buy a couple)

So I've finished moving my emuNAND. Do I still follow steps 1 & 2 in section IV in the guide or where would I continue from there?

Step 3

Just downgrade yourself, it's not too hard.

>Anonymous 12/03/16(Sat)17:33:30 No.161761
corrupted save data bro

google the fucking error codes

how do you downgrade ps3?

Well then the guide is wrong because decrypt9 doesn't read anything outside of files9

Also, are you sure you launched from sysnand?

Get an E3 flasher.

Okay, so I would turn on my internet so I can system update right? Kinda weirded out by updating because I used to use emuNAND is all.

>having to pay

what is this, a pre-march 2016 3ds?

>Well then the guide is wrong because decrypt9 doesn't read anything outside of files9
That's not true. If it doesn't find anything in files9, it defaults to searching the root. Try it.

Yea it's safe.

>corrupted save data
Guess I'll try copying it over again. If it still doesn't work, then I lost my save.

Yeah, that much I understood.

where can I get a compltely blank modpack for smash 4 to customize piece by piece? I'm too lazy to dump all files myself and the pastebin MEGA link is dead

So the bans were permanent after all? I unbanned myself day one so I can't check, and I haven't seen any reports that it was a tempban either.

Not seen an unban. I know some people are holding onto the deluded hope that it's actually a 30 day ban. They need to learn to accept it.

still nothing, I keep getting the same error, I launch it from boot btw (as a payload)

How close are we to 3DS emulation?

When I select dsp dump in the homebrew launcher it gives me a red screen. I'm the final steps of installing arm9loaderhax

Poor souls.

is that valkyrie drive game for vita good? and what about trails of cold steel

mega.nz/#!mQ4WERxa!NzeqdUHWk0qkd9WOm8Z7uLAhZ8_EWs7DFvi1kXWU2zM

enjoy

if you havent been on the IRC... theres rumor that a new downgrade method is being released in 2 days.

And five hours.

Seems like a huge waste when 33c3 is just weeks away and almost certainly going to have an accompanying release for downgrading. Could hang onto it for future updates.

lul

Can anyone help please?

I was hacking my GF's 3DS as a surprise for Christmas but I dropped it and it closed while on Ver 2.1.0 downgrade. Now it won't start up or anything.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it? She had a lot of stuff on it and I didn't make a list of what to recover at all....

So I'm just trying to get decrypt9 open so that i can start the a9lh process

I can only really use the browser method to get it open, but I've tried multiple times to get these links to open and they won't

I'd totally just give up and use another method if I had one but besides pmdhax which wouldn't work with my firmware, I don't have any other way to do it

I figure it'll work eventually if i keep trying though, but that might not be the case

anyone know what's up?
and this is also where I should be starting from assuming that I already have a cfw like luma on my emunand, right?

So anything moved on the PS4 front?

Do you have a boot.3dsx in your SD root?

If you're on n3DS you're fucked

ds on sd when?

dupont wires for my teensy NOR downgrade and DOAX3 for the ps4

never, stop asking you fucking nuisance.

Please help me, what's the best CFW for PS3 to go online with? I just want to activate my Vita.

Yes I do. It still gives me a red screen on the bottom and black screen on top

Youtube is your friend.

>hacking someones DS without permission

why would you do that

"huge waste"

not all of us have 30 CFW 3ds's laying around, buddy

o really

might have to check up on that

refer to

Trying to system transfer with a blank NNID will work right? I want to hack some other consoles now, but Nintendo denied me for having Legends of Exidia on my NNID.
Probably for that being the only legit purchase.

My point being that the 33c3 release, if it happens, won't depend on having a second already-hacked 3DS. It'll cover anyone who's currently waiting on a downgrade method. So burning a second exploit in the meantime would be a waste, when it can be saved for later.

If you fuck my tranny pussy I'll give it up senpai.
Fuck off faggot not everyone wants to trust chinksites or spend weeks waiting on an order.

hopefully they dont release it and wait until after 33c3, that way we will have two easy methods.

I just got that black friday n3ds, and i already installed homebrew. just waiting for downgrade.

in the meantime ill keep playing my a9lh o3ds, its console banned, but not game banned, which is nice.

i'd stomp on you till your face is nothing but mush, scum

I have no idea then. I can only find stuff related to boot.3dsx.
Although as far as I know, DSP dump isn't -that- important. It's just for audio in homebrew apps.

Garou dump when?

Say that to my face not online fucker see what happens.

That's a shame, I'm still getting the red screen. Oh well, thank you anyway user. So is it ok for me to just skip that step then?