WRX STI vs EVO

So which was the better car in the end?

Particularly the 90s generations.

They're literally the same car.

Subaru or bust

>Symmetrical AWD

None of that transverse dogshit Mitsusushi does.

>having autism

evo is #1

>in the end
Civic for $3k

CP9

Rally: Subaru won with Mitsubishi breathing down their necks.

Street: Subaru won by a landslide because they sold them abroad as well, though in Japan Mitsubishi was the shit

if you're going to mod past 400 hp go with the evo.
if you're going to keep it stock, subbie is your choice.

Evo because vapelords can`t afford it.

Same shit only the Subaru doesn't break down every week, so the choice is pretty fucking obvious.

This

celica

Subaru holds value way better than mitsubishi

Subaru all day long.

At least the Mitsubishi doesn't have the engine hanging off the front axle. The weight is more centered on the Evo

Also the 4G63 is definitely superior to the EJ series. You can make a ton of power from a 4G63 (with stock internals). EJ requires bottom end work if you want to make serious power.

Also with Boxer engines, the oil can pool up in the heads while pulling high cornering loads, causing oiling issues. I4s drain into the sump better.

Have you checked Evo prices lately? You're wrong. Compare the price of a 2004 STi to a 2004 Evo

Nissan über alles

What you fuck are you talking about?
Even after upgrading their Impreza to prototype WRC Classification, Mitsubishi still continued to walk away from them with the production based Group A Lancer.

>WRX Type R has DCCD
>Lan Evo is FWD bias
>Lan Evo somehow handles better

Nothing makes sense in this world

>tfw though lesser known, GTI-R's went up in price

More expensive than a 90's era EVO, fug ;_;

>at least mitsu doesnt blah blah

The engine is further forward in an evo and it has worse weight distribution

>EJ requires bottom end work

Will do 450-500hp with forged pistons any higher bigger rods, not really that much different to be honest

>Oil cornering issues

It's a sump pickup issue and it exists in most cars and won't be a problem unless you're pulling donuts for 20 minutes.

Stock vs Stock it really depends on what variant vs what variant, on the BMI tests the Spec C won but some episodes the evo's win some episodes the STI's win it's a crap shoot

Built vs Built? In the race series around me it seems to depend more on the driver and funds than anything else. Building up either car to something high level isn't cheap no matter which you pick.

The answer really is to pick which one you like the most.

I drive a first gen impreza and its breddy gud, a lot better than a shitsubishi.

>pic related
>muh subaru

>Lan Evo is FWD bias
Protip, transverse=/=FWD bias Mr poster known as Veeky Forums

Mitsubishi's S-AWC can only send 50% power to the rear MAX.

Most of the time there is more power going to the front wheels.

This isn't true

tough one for me. I like them both.
But save the wagons m8

they are both very good cars, literally just comes down to personal preference
although evo shines a lot more on the track with little work compared to the sti

id take the sti

wagons outside of the JDM, subie wins

It's always been close, with the driver being the deciding factor in any competition between the two.

In the 90s Subaru only had the WRX (and the SVX, which died out midway through the 90s) to work on while Mitsu was spread out working on the DSM, Evo, GTO and Galant VR-4, and for some reason decided to add the high-revving FWD V6 FTO to the lineup.

Subaru also had better marketing (cornering both the LGBTBBQ and vapers), and harnessed an early form of meme magic with Ken Block. After the death of Group A Mitsu faded from the WRC.

They're both gay and here's why

Every sti driver wears fox Racing clothes and a crooked flat brim hat. They either smoke menthols or vape, not because they like it but because they think it makes them look cool. They always talk about all the sweet mods their going to make and either never doing anything more than a fart can or doing none of the wrenching themselves

Nobody actually buys the evos. The few that do learn about mitsubishi quality and spend too much keeping it on the road to mod it or in the case of one moron i knew in hs, total it in a field on a big ass rock "because it's a rally car"

I love both cars. I dd a wrx though. If I had the chance to get my hands on a evo 8 I would

Supreme rallykar

Evo simply due to the shitty WRX fanbase.

After watching and reading vapefags and crankwalkers argue about these cars for 20 years I have to say they are both awesome and equally shit in their own way.

Id own a 22b over a evo x but that's just nostalgia for Colin McRae talking id probably own both but they are all raped to shit here in aus

Right

>people hate cars because of the fan base
You're no better than them.

The one that's still in production

Am I alone in saying that I love the fuck out of both of them

No, you're not. If you gave me $30,000 and told me to buy a 90's rally car I'd be totally stuck, I'd have to throw a dice or something to decide on which car to buy. I fucking love all the 90's rally cars, from the evo IV - VI's to the Sti's to the Celica's to the Integrale's to the RS500's to the to the Renault's.

No, i love the GC8 Type R and the Evo 6. The rest are fine too, but those two are the ones i'd get