3.6l V6

>3.6l V6
>FWD because it snows here
Shame, i might have considered purchasing it if they offered manual transmission.

Guess i'm an actor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3Fbk_bTff0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No you're not

>FWD because it snows here
Tires matter far more than drivetrain.

Drivers matter more than both.
FWD just makes snow easy mode without needing 4WD.

Did americans stop offering manuals as standard on commuter shitboxes?

Also >buy an M3
>winter tires are the cheapest 185/65/15
>drive like a retard
>omg I hate RWD now

Yes FWD helps but I wouldn't buy a FWD car over it. Personally I've driven RWD and FWD in snow and can't stand the latter; I can control losses of traction in RWD but FWD just wants me to understeer into a tree.
>Did americans stop offering manuals as standard on commuter shitboxes?
We offer them on sports/performance cars because we want to drive manual on those, Yuropoors drive manual out of poorfaggotry, not will.

>Turning corner in FWD car during winter
>Loss traction
>Point tires and slam the gas down, so the wheels spin clawing for Traction

>RWD
>Turn corner
>Loss grip
>Your drive wheels aren't being powered
>Plow into a ditch because your pushing not pulling

This poster obviously haven't driven a RWD car in snow.

I drive a Volvo 940 in Finland, so I have some experience. In a curve if you understeer all you have to do is either break and slow down or point tires and gas to oversteer instead. Unless you're incompetent at driving you can just drift it out.

Also all my friends with FWD feel like complete cucks when they see me actually having fun in the winter.

FWD is better in winter than RWD, especially if you live somewhere with hills, and this is coming from an avid FWD hater. Having to add weight to the trunk of a RWD kinda defeats the purpose of a somewhat lightweight car.

AWD has shit on 4x4 with locking diffs. By the time your shitty haldex based AWD decides where to put the power your probably fucked anyways. You don't want your tires slipping at all in winter ideally. You ain't crawling out of a ditch with haldex AWD that's for sure, with 4x4 you might have a small chance.

Honestly speaking, i don't really see the difference in FWD and RWD besides the traction in the snow.
For my daily shitbox FWD is absolutely fine.

This hasn't been the case for me, after I put an LSD in my RWD car I've gotten better traction up hills than a lot of people with FWD.

You probably have a manual transmission so you can downshift to slow down. Most American cars (to the tune of 90-93%) are automatic. Most American drivers just step on the brakes as they lose control, then they lose more control.

Downshifting literally saved me from plowing right into a bus in the snow and the FWD cuck layout allows me to easily apply corrective force to the point where i'm doing 50-60 mph on snow drenched roads.
This is my logic for wanting FWD in winter.

>I've gotten better traction up hills than a lot of people with FWD.
Part of the problem is retarded traction control hitting the brakes while the wheels start spinning on an icy road.

>Genesis coupe
>Manual rwd
>Alaska
>Dunlop's all around
>Still drive better and faster than 95% of over drivers with awd/4wd trucks and cars
Life is suffering here

>>Still drive better and faster than 95% of over drivers with awd/4wd trucks and cars
People don't know that awd/4wd only works when you're actually giving it gas for some reason.
I don't know how people can be this dumb.

fuck is this a meme or something I swear I've seen the same exact OP and same exact replies before

>Part of the problem is retarded traction control
Oh yeah, I've never owned a car newer than 92 so I didn't even think of that

OP here, I'm being genuine when i say that i was considering buying one and then dropped it from lack of Manual transmission.

It's worse with a manual gearbox because you invariably stall if you have a light clutch foot and need to get going on ice.

Volvo wagon, always stuck behind some fucking hyundai.

why would they? even a fwd van can drift in the snow.

youtube.com/watch?v=V3Fbk_bTff0

You can put lsd's on fwd cars too though. And of course RR cars have the same traction or more as FF cars in the snow.

>FWD drifting meme
Jerking of your handbrake or doing an xtreme weight transfer isn't the same as losing traction and linking corners by controlling the gas

Yeah, the first is actually a challenge. The latter comes with a drift button on bmw's.

I can get moving in any manual car without even touching the gas, I have no idea what the fuck you're doing.

>I can get moving in any manual car without even touching the gas, I have no idea what the fuck you're doing.
traction control nigger read the thread.

I have a manual 2011 Suzuki SX4. Asynchronous awd, but it's pretty good. The first time the traction control activated while I was at low speeds I wasn't sure what was going on, I had to give it more gas than I thought was normal just to get it to pull out of a driveway. Although I guess I should have just put it in lock to help with that (has like a electronic 50/50 locker up to 25mph).