Has there ever been an instance where men rebelled en masse against gender roles or has it just been women?

Has there ever been an instance where men rebelled en masse against gender roles or has it just been women?

Kabuki theater?
Communes?

Post scarcity simulated pleasure holodomes?

Rebellion is an active thing, most gender roles expect men to be more active than woman. Thus there will never be a male rebellion against gender roles, but the inexorable shirking of duties by men until the decadent society is conquered by a more patriarchal invading horde.

>has there ever been [desertion or mutiny]

Way back when, male nipples were also obscene. There were manifestations of topless men.

The internet circa the early third millenium

This is such an obvious alt-right leading question.

What would that even look like, faggot OP? What's an example of what this could have ever been in history? Males have almost entirely been a warrior dominating class. If any of those groups of men had wanted to act like women, they would just have been killed or taken over by rival groups of men. This should be totally obvious and it demonstrates nothing new about anything. What did you have in mind when posing this question? Oh right, it was just "those uppity women, if only they were still slaves they wouldn't be able to deny me the sex I deserve."

Maybe you should just man up and make something of yourself so you can stop shit posting on my philosphy board.

>Has there ever been a time when masters revolted en masse against the slavery system, or has it always been the slaves?

You could say the same question but with liberal buzzwords.
>Has there ever been an instance where men demanded liberation en masse from gender roles or are only women enlightened?

But that's exactly what happened. Black Slavery was abolished by whites, Women were given the right to vote and many other rights by men.

>

Yeah, it's not that not that many different factions and groups in society spanning many races and genders slowly adjusted their legal and cultural norms over time.

Actually the "coulsel of whites" and "counsel of men" got together and decided to "give" those rights away. Got it.

Again, you're just using circular reasoning. If whites and men were the ones in power, then by definition they'll be the ones "giving" those rights to any previously disenfranchised group.

No OP, because men wouldn't rebel against that, they'd just kill themselves instead.

What are you even disputing? That it didn't happen all at once or that there were never any laws or executive orders that decreed women can vote, slavery is illegal, etc?

What's circular about it?

I don't understand what this face means. I am not well versed in memes.

That is not what he means. Compare for example Haiti to the U.S. In Haiti, the slaves took power and the whites lost their privilege.

In The U.S, the whites gave the slaves their freedom.

Stonewall

>Has there ever been an instance where men rebelled en masse against gender roles or has it just been women?
Yes, it is constantly happening but it is less likely to be framed as gender-centric.

It's literally happening right now.

Young men in Japan, the US, Europe, and a number of other places I can't be bothered to list, are straight-up opting out of interpersonal relationships in droves. Robots are only the saddest and most generally hopeless subset of the phenomenon- there are many times more who've just kind of quietly dropped out of the race in favor of supporting themselves.

It's happening right now m8.

>people NEETing and not dating is a "rebellion"

You gotta be fucking shitting me

You guys are overestimating this "rebellion" thing.
It's not just about gender issues, but also about economic issues, like how young men can't get jobs and houses as easily as previous generations, low wages, outsourcing of labor, overcrowding in cities, low quality medical care for most people and the general toxicity of urban life in the Western world.

I actually think "NEETs", "MGTOWs" and other irrelevant memes are being given so much attention precisely because they will be used as scapegoats and divert attention from the real social and economic issues.
Why should politicians try to solve all the real issues when they can just stir up some identity conflicts and fool the masses.

There are plenty of people who're not dating without being NEETs.

Rebellion means actively taking up arms and killing someone.

I'm just going by the context of the OP, you donut

LEL

you fucking donut, shut up

People who give a shit about context should be gassed.

Yes, it manifests itself in youth culture (contrasting to modern women movements which are assisted by youth culture but often have political undertones).

Men growing their hair out, for example; up until the 1960's, men in Western countries with long hair were considered extremely feminine. With the rise of the hippie counter-culture, it became socially acceptable to grow one's hair out, and still remains so today.

Another similar example would be how it's acceptable for men to have earrings now.

This desu.

I don't think there's a greater barometer of societal heath than its ability to reproduce, and at the moment western societies have native birthrates far below replacement. Something's gotta give.

/thread

Acceptable? Not really, men with earrings are ridiculed and considered faggots, which are also ridiculed. This makes me hope that sjw/pc shit will be repelled soon enough.

Men were, as far as I know, always the hegemonic sex, so gender roles were in their favour generaly.

Japanese neet/herbivore culture.
And it exports with its entertainment.

/unthread

Men dodging the draft to become hippies during vietnam arguably qualifies.