>needs to be comfy for a 6'2 guy whose got long legs
>needs to be around the 40k mark
>Manual transmission
>Torque
>Reliable enough to be a DD

What else could I get?

Other urls found in this thread:

edmunds.com/chevrolet/camaro/2016/review/
google.com/amp/www.caranddriver.com/amp/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-long-term-update-review
caranddriver.com/chevrolet/camaro
youtu.be/4BPhKYUXSe0
news.com.au/news/ford-mustang-loses-its-police-stripes-after-overheating-within-minutes-of-a-simulated-pursuit/news-story/13e4b07005fa5bc3b3da6563d0a0fea3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WRX

>torque
>fast
>Reliable

At least you tried.

If you like the car and can comfortably afford it without regretting it, go for it. If you want to get more value for your money you can look at used cars. Whatever you chose, test drive it first obviously.

Mustang is another option. That's about all I can think of. Maybe a Hyundai Genesis? But the Genesis would need work to be as torquez as a V8. But at least it's fast and reliable/easy to diy

Challenger r/t is pretty fun, good leg room too.

Okay. I'm not going to shill for the Challenger for once and just talk about the Camaro.

I work in a service shop and we have these turds come in all the time. They have crap visibility and are horrible for daily driving because of it. You have blind spots everywhere - even the A Pillars are giant blind spots. If a lower slung car like a Mata is next to you, you can't even see most of it because of how high the window sits.

The engines and transmissions have really shitty seals from factory, too. They start leaking at about 50k miles - the break in point. They lose power and gas mileage around this point too because the car starts eating its coolant hoses.

The ride quality is garbage because the suspension components are build from aluminum foil and duct tape and they will begin to fail from constantly driving on uneven surfaces.

There's no room for more than one passenger and the trunk and back seat are so small that you can't carry much if you're going on a long trip. The infotainment system is dogshit and all of the electronics start to shit out in a few months after constant use. Most specifically, the window motors seem to short REALLY fucking easily.

They also have a terrible reputation for compressors shutting the bed if you use the A/C too much.

I HIGHLY encourage you to look at fucking anything else.

Shit like this is what I am worried about, I am by no means a GM fanboi it just seems the current Camaro lineup has alot going for it. Although long term reliability is something I am very iffy on with any american made car. I come from a family that has historically driven Hondas and Toyotas.

He's being a shill. The mustang/challenger/camaro lineup is all pretty good but the mustang/camaro is better in reliability/longevity. If you for one minute trust a Chrysler tranny over Chevy then you are deranged.

Look, I see these things all the time. GM has never had good reliability. Just ask anyone who drives an old Silverado or Suburban about leaks. The newer shit is even worse. They build to the lowest common denominator and it fucking shows. Their cars only look good in the show room, because constant use fucking DESTROYS them.

The auto industry is fucking full of memes and FCA gets the full brunt of them because of the Daimler era. They aren't half as bad as people say and I have yet to see a single Hemi product have remotely as bad of issues.

I daily a Challenger R/T and have for four years. I've had no issues. No leaks, no electronics faults, no suspension issues, no power loss. Nothing.

Take that as you will.

Test drive cars. Test them in traffic if you're going to be daily driving them. Do not just buy a car because of the specs..
I couldn't give a shit less if my car is fat and slower than an SS. I've never paid a dime in fixing major faults that R&D should have caught before it went to the dealer.

I don't my dad has had a RAM for about 4 years now and its transmission is so fucking clunky. The engine is great (its one of the cummings) but holy fuck it causes my autism to go through the roof with its horribly delayed shifts, and overall clunkiness.

It's more reliable than your piece of shit camaro lol

I'm assuming your americlap?

Look, nigger, you can meme all you want, but I'm trying to give an honest perspective here. GM can't design anything for shit and if you honestly think their transmissions are better than Chrysler, developers of such retardedly incredible trannies as the Torqueflite, you're a retard who probably fell for the Allison meme.

GM is shit. They outsource manufacturing to fucking CHINA. At least the Challenger is built by Canadians.

Reliability is only one of the things OP mentioned. Camaro BTFO of a WRX in everything else.

>long legs
>modern Camaro

Look elsewhere m8

>The engines and transmissions have really shitty seals from factory, too. They start leaking at about 50k miles - the break in point. They lose power and gas mileage around this point too because the car starts eating its coolant hoses.
There are 6th gen Camaros with 50k on them already?

Well as a man who has actually worked on Chevy/Ford/Chrysler cars, Ford and Chevy have made better cars than Chrysler throughout the years and you hating on old suburbans is where you fucked up because those bastards have more miles than any other car I've ever fucking seen. Rolling the odo is something that actually happens in those goddamn tanks. Ill give you the electrical problems but mechanically they're fucking bitches and smoking cigars all day.

Texas, dude. I've seen a 2016 V6 with 90k miles.

Well you look here motherfucker, Chrysler hasn't fixed their shitty tranny design since 1999 when they switched off of their (slow as fuck) 3-speed automatic transmission.

2nd this, I have one and it makes me feel good inside. I want OP to feel good inside as well.

I'm sorry, at what point did I suggest they weren't durable? I said they fucking leak. They leak like a stuck fucking pig. They eat CV boots and piss coolant. The LT engines are fine except they cheap out on the seals.

GM are fucking lazy and it takes an owner constantly babying and putting bandaids on their purchases to keep them going.

I've been stuck working on GM products my whole life as well because my family are a bunch of morons. Every one of them has had tremendous leaks and major electronics problems. Engines seize up. Transmission detonate gears.

It's fine if you have the money to constantly fix them, but don't lie to people and say that they don't have a shit ton of problems. I'll willfully admit that my 1990 Ramcharger is a pile of garbage except for the A518 under it, but my 2012 Hemi is perfectly fine.

That's better than I can say about literally any GM product I've seen from the same year with comparable mileage.

My friend has a WRX, and my dad has a Corvette the one thing the WRX will NEVER be able to replicate is the torque of the Corvette. It may be fast, but going by the seat of your pants the corvette is way faster and moe fun to drive.

When's the last time you fucking drove one? I've got the 5 speed in my Challenger and it shifts better than any auto transmission I've ever had before.

Fuck you, you shill.

OP needed daily reliability.

The two are different experiences all together. The space in a WRX is great for doing everything. A corvette is can be turned into a ballistic missile.

Price points factor in too, and you don't get the same thoughtful engineering in a Subaru in a General motors car. Subaru's hold their value better then almost every other car too.

I actually own a 2016 SS and I'm extremely happy with it. I've daily driven it since the day it was delivered and haven't had a single issue. I was actually very pleasantly surprised by the build quality on my car. I'm 6' about 165lbs and fit in the seats perfectly, granted the 1LE would have the cloth recaros not the leather ones in the 2ss. I also opted for the mag ride (which wont be in the 1LE) and even with run flats I barely notice bumps in the road when in touring mode, but yeah if you leave the suspension in track or even sport then you will probably notice all the rocks you're running over. As for visibility, aside from reversing straight back (but hey it's got sensors and a camera now at least), it's not really that bad, I feel like it gets blown way out of proportion. I just adjust my seats and mirrors properly and it's perfectly fine. As for the torque, I routinely catch glimpses of my passengers getting pushed back into the seat, it's great fun. Not to mention the engine is great for drowning out boring conversations.

Camaros hold their value quite well too though. Not as well as a Subaru, true. But unless the next gen Camaro BTFOs the current gen (see 2008 mustang for refrence), he should be fine.

Subaru are Giant piles of shit.

Op get a Chevrolet SS it won't fall apart unlike the Cameron it has better suspension and visibility and is way more reliable and will appreciate in value.

I have the older version from2001 because Straya and its unkillabe

serious responses only please.

Mag ride is on the 1LE

Whoops, not sure what I was thinking when I typed that.

1LE is literally geared for track use, it has everything that can give it an edge on the track. Its better than any standard SS package.

Matt Farah's million mile camaro?

Until it gets BTFO by a WRX

DO IT OP. The only real downside to the car is the visibility, which I've heard isn't really awful once you get used to it. I'd recommend looking at actually owner reviews or better yet talking to people that own them rather than random people on the Internet who only like cars from one make/nation

I've thrown together a list of reviews and impressions for you.

edmunds.com/chevrolet/camaro/2016/review/

google.com/amp/www.caranddriver.com/amp/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-long-term-update-review

caranddriver.com/chevrolet/camaro

Why drive a trac spec Street car?

Get the chev ss nazi Luftwaffe

Because owning less than what your budget allows for is stupid. At least in my opinion but I also track my DD

>SS

Is Chevy red pilled?

DO IT OP.

Camaros are one of the best cars for fucking your cousins in. Second only to Mustangs!

>mad his 4cyl japshit got BTFO by American muscle

>google.com/amp/www.caranddriver.com/amp/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-long-term-update-review
I bet they've been doing long stints of freeway driving with the cruise control set if they are burning oil.

Seems that GM V8s with cylinder deactivation will let the deactivated bank cool down too much, and then they start to get a bit of oil sneaking past the rings and out the exhaust on the deactivated cylinders.

Lost a quart of oil in 16 hours of freeway driving this way once in an Escalade.

My fault for setting the cruise and not touching the gas for 500 miles at a time, I guess.

Yeah
Better to just get it disabled when you get a tune.

no but ford is

Tiny windows
An irresponsible amount of money
You can go 80% as fast for half the money with a c5 vette or modded ls F-body.

>80% as fast

Unacceptable

>America
>GM at that
Kill yourself instead

Gonna follow suit with this guy. I own a 16 2SS. I'm 6'1" and I fit in it just fine. Yes the memes are all there on visibility (thumb and pinky dash to top of windshield, etc). However as this other user says you literally just adjust your seat and mirrors. I'm accustomed to using mirrors towing large trailers anyway. The 2SS also has blind spot monitors which work however I always still look over and check. Passenger is of course harder but it's still very doable. People will also meme about being at a stop light and not seeing it turn green. Not an issue for me. I love it for all its other aspects too no issues in all my time driving it.

The only thing I'm considering is buying a second set of wheels to put some better tires on. Keep the run flats for DD purposes and have a nice set for AutoX and any track events that I want to start looking into.

Faster than japshit

>inb4 the triple priced GTR

Why not take that 40k and build a 1970 camero up to smash a new cameros dick in the dirt?

>The auto industry is fucking full of memes and FCA gets the full brunt of them because of the Daimler era. They aren't half as bad as people say and I have yet to see a single Hemi product have remotely as bad of issues.

FCA reliability is dogshit. Even their best product, the Ram, is garbage. One of my company's Rams had to have a new camshaft put in it after 140k miles. That's pathetic.

>Camaros hold their value quite well too though.

Not even remotely true. The average depreciation is around 30% in year one.

This.

Get a suspension pack from Detroit speed and become Matt fatasses million mile lexus

life is meaningless
get a civic

Life means Even less if you drive a generic souless post 90s jdm shitbox

>500 miles
>in an escalade
>Without touching the gas pedal
>or needing to refuel
Wew

SS, S4, 335

Would be where I'd go with that much cash burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm pretty partial to 6-speed sedans

>4door

Why?

Because 2 door makes you look like a try hard and 4 door is more sleepery

Sounds about right, they have like 30gal tanks, and at 55, it would be getting 20s on my.

Man i do like the looks of the wrx sti's but thats just my subjective taste. And if you track it its probably unstoppable im sure. But i learned when i was 18 that jap shit thats on the same economical platform as murican cars cant compete on the daily. I dont track my car. Americans in general dont take their cars on twisty tracks. Not that its below us its just not our culture. The reason i drive a straight line dud is cause thats where i need the power. Cause texas drives are arrogant fucktits that think they are the only ones on the road.

So. In the event that some dumbshit in a WRX dosent want to move out of the left lane and decides hes gonna speed up when i try to pass him on the right, ive got miles on miles of straight highway, and a tuned to fuck 383'd LS1 thats says otherwise. My ass will be handed to me if i step foot on a track. But whenever youre on the road, the same road as always that you take to and from work or the store or your buddies house, youll have to have something that can deal with me. Every. Damn. Day.

And if i see the right maro, challenger, or stangerang, well at least i know i got a fight for once, instead of another in the fucking way fart canned import.

Are Camaros actually fast? I always thought this was a meme

>being able win at road rage is more important than having a shit ride, shit mpg, and shit interior.

Pretty dumb reason to buy a car. I'd rather just not road rage and buy a nice car for commuting. hell even some old luxury sedans are pretty quick and way better on commutes.

Youre right. If i cared about those things id buy a corrolla. And were talking about fast cars and i shared my reason for wanting one compared to different kinds of fast i.e. track or street and or reliability.

I bought a good car that i wrench on happily and like to have fun on the road. You should try it some time. Breaks up the monotony.

Camaro design is shit.
Someone post the pic of the guy showing his hand is the same height as the distance from the dash the the roof...

Yes and I shared that your reason for wanting one is dumb

>breaks up the monotony
yeah it just turns you into a rager. I commute on one of the worst interstates in the country, it is a bad habit to get into. just take your car somewhere to actually enjoy it or have 2 shit boxes instead.

Just get a miata and be done with it.

>6'2
>long legs
>Miata

Lol no

I can fit a 6ft folding table and more in that trunk. Nice meme.

so is the table 6 foot long or 3 foot long?

Get a BRZ

Double this.

>140k miles of fleet abuse
>wears down cam lobes

Are you fucking reading what you're typing, dude? I've seen fleet Silverados and Colorados that have eaten their radiators with half as many miles. I've seen Impalas that have had to have entire engines swapped because of cylinder fouling.

How in the fuck are you even considering a cam at 140k that fucking bad? FCA may not be the pinnacle of engineering, but GM literally can't put a car together for the life of them. They just use chewing gum to seal components together and send them on their way.

Jesus Christ, you faggots will meme anything into oblivion.

>you faggots will meme anything into oblivion.

The irony lol

Escalades have 25 gallon tanks

That doesn't change the fact that the opening is retardedly tiny

>nd if you track it its probably unstoppable im sure
nah a decent driver in a SS1LE camaro will absolutely dominate a decent driver in a WRX

NIGGER trust ME, the Camaro is what you want. Especially any v8.

That shit is so refined but mean at the same time. It's quick as hell, easy and fun to drive. The automatic downshifts are pretty fun too. It's got a reliable and easy engine with an iron block. Nothing can do wrong. It's light and super comfortable too. A lot of people roast the lack of visibility but I LOVE that. I consider it a feature. I feel like I'm in a fighter jet with that.

Drag radials only 11.59 @121 best run that day.
youtu.be/4BPhKYUXSe0

Is this some new type of bait?

This was'nt a fleet Ram. It was a salesman's fully loaded Hemi bullshit edition.

>needs to be comfy for a 6'2 guy whose got long legs

Camaro is not your car then. I'm 6'4", in a camaro the roofline was directly in my line of sight and the headliner was maybe an inch from the top of my head.

Lower the seat silly

I'm in the same boat as you OP, my truck got rear ended recently(still drivable but has frame damage) so I'm going to get his insurance to pay out my truck and use it for a down payment.

For the last couple days I've been deciding between Camaro SS and WRX
I need something that
>tunable
>can handle
>reliable
>mountain twisties and track days

Anyone have suggestions?

>want a fast car

Then you should probably get something that isn't literally slower than a fucking minivan.

The next generation of dodges will probably attempt to one-up it in performance and add more base horsepower, and if the current design trends for both companies continue, a challenger or charger will be significantly more practical, driveable, and fun as well.

Red pill me about the WRX

Headgaskets go boom
Insurance will rape you
Community is fucking cancerous
New ones look like Corollas
Old ones are stupid overpriced and beat to shit with horrible mods

But when will this be?

Pretty much this

I thought they fixed the headgasket issue back in 04' but evidently not

2020, officially. That's when they're supposed to be moving to the Alfa platforms. It's also during that year that the Gen IV Hemi is rumored to be unveiled.

Compound that with Trump's desire to smother CAFE and EPA restrictions and the horsepower wars will come to a screeching halt. Dodge has literally been developing the most obscenely powerful engines in the world since the fifties. We're talking a full blown return to the Elephant days. A monster of such legendary proportions, compounded with the tech advancements of the subsequent five decades, that there will be no substitute.

They're hinting at a lighter weight, bigger displacement, better developed sports car for the average joe. And with the tremendous success of the retro styling of the Challenger, it's a complete guarantee that the next generation will still look incredible with all of these buttfuckingly amazing updates.

>lighter weight AND bigger displacement than the current gen

Well, shit. Call me a FCA shill.

SOON

We've had some boosted camaros in and out of my shop over the last couple years. Trans is ALWAYS a problem on them. They kind of suck. One only had 800whp and broke in the first 100 miles. Once we send them out to get built we have them pushing 1200 whp+ but their transmissions aren't great. To put it in perspective our 850whp Z has 15k miles on it (since engine build, 100k on trans) and the stock ORIGINAL trans and zero issues.

>only 850rwhp
>stock trans
no shit its gonna blow it could not handle the torque

Most other cars in it's class have no problem. Getting 1000whp + out of stangs with 0 issues. We are also seeing them pop with way less HP.

Either C7 or the new Mustang.

Both better than Camaro in every way

Buy a cts-v. Women won't think you're a faggot. And dudes will, until you walk them, then they wont either.

>stang
>not having trans issues
You are full of shit my man

news.com.au/news/ford-mustang-loses-its-police-stripes-after-overheating-within-minutes-of-a-simulated-pursuit/news-story/13e4b07005fa5bc3b3da6563d0a0fea3