/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
ELOA: gamengame.com/games/news_view.asp?news_idx=1275&game_no=122

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whew...looks like we're saved

What's the reason for the decline of the MMORPG genre?

I WANT ANIME POSTERS TO LEAVE

Nothing new and original for years

Now we have fast food MMOs called MOBAs where you don't have to level a character up to 100 and gear them to be relevant.

Honestly Gearmaster should be entirely reworked.
>turn tower recall into our level 50 active
>buff gigaton quack a bunch and make it an awakening active
>remove tower cooldown decrease from 65 passive, add tower mastery bonus
>move ducks into the side tree that turrets are in because they're garbage and make the turrets the main line skill
>give us fucking EX turrets
>make our instant into chainsaw quackum and make them not share cooldown and instant doesn't affect the cap
I know that last one is entirely bullshit and wouldn't even work abut a man can dream
TWO CHAINSAW LMAO

I do love this class and it remains my favorite but still, GM would be a lot more fun and a lot better if they just put the towers at the actual forefront of the class if they're not going to buff ducks. They make up such an insignificant portion of your damage and they barely function half the time.

anyone on/quit from Mabinogi here? I'm on tarlach and i'm looking for people to game with/people who got shit on old accounts to give to an oldfag casual

Whatever person/game started the 'endgame' meme, level caps and etc all contributed to the downfall of MMOs. Early MMOs very rarely did people reach a level cap now it's all about level cap and what is endgame

How do you even make endgame what the fuck does it even mean. Argubly, the only game I've played that actually depended on level capping for endgame and did it pretty decently is wow

>tarlach
rip

I was on Alexina but quit.

Communities in modern mmos is shit.

Not exclusive to MMO's, this current generation is shit. You can't escape shitty communities for any genre.

Korea and China.

hey bby, u single? hmu

weebs ruined mmo

weebs ruined everything

P2W trash
basically it really started to discourage me from trying any new mmo's now because in the end i know they're always going to be super p2w.

Is it possible to play RO nowadays on server that aren't shit? I never played it back when it was big, curious what it's like.

wildstar isn't even slightly p2w
it is dead, though

I hear TalonRO is still good. I haven't played it since I didn't like pre-renewal.

NovaRO was a renewal server I played. It has custom events and instances and the GMs are quite nice and helpful.
It does have cash shop items that have stats BUT it's not a big boost in damage, only like 5% or less. Also they are tradeable with in game gold. It also doesn't have protection when enchanting stuff. I asked once and they said it would be p2w if they put it in the cash shop and if they make a custom quest to give protection items then they would have to make it difficult. They didn't want to do that since instead of doing a quest you can just grind for a new weapon/armor and hope it doesn't break next time.

You have to commit too much time to a shitty game, and community dies because of Pay2win

And every game is a crappy cashgrab with a different layer of paint

I miss the days when games don't ask for money when they're still in fucking development.

this is just embarassing

>forum access: 15 bucks a month
fucking retarded

Founders packs is almost the most cancerous shit to ever exist. Only behind Early access. I've seen people buy 200 dollar founders packs for a mmo game to die in less than six months or quit in 1 month.

Also, NA publishers.
>Paywall stuff that's not paywalled in foreign versions
>Adding stats to cosmetic shit
>Founders packs
>Servers that go down constantly and poor customer service
>Hackers, exploiters and botters run free
>Gold buyers run free
>Fucking lag
>Content drip dropping of delays 9-12 months behind the original

Probably a bunch of other shit people can name that NA publishers pull. They all seem to be greedy fucks.

it's "free - $15"
meaning you get it even if you pay nothing

Have any of you tried community made mmo's like planeshift and gekkeiju?

REVELATION
W
H
E
N

RevPasta

>What is Revelation Online?
Fuck off. It's shit.

>Current News
None, it's dead.

>Official Links
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com

>Resources
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>Can I play now?
Never

>/revog/ Guilds
There is none

>Steam Group
Steam is a meme

akuta

too many of em

>wildstar
>best player housing ever
>even better than second life
>dead and buried
>don't know why the servers are still on

Wildstar instanced housing engine in any mmo for guild halls would be so great.

the raiding, housing, and costume mechanics are the best i've seen basically ever in an mmo
shame carbine botched three different launches

there was third? lol wtf

the first launch, the steam launch, and the f2p launch
they all were full of broken shit

Trove's housing system was a 11/10

Anyone on here from elsword

void?

>tfw trove general got nuked by a tranny
>twice

What happened?

Tranny used it's silver tongue to rise to the rank of builder then it blew up the club world and everyone was too lazy to rebuild.

Then someone wasn't lazy enough to rebuild but it was already too late because some people joined tranny club.

So is cannon blaster worth using after SS awakening? Seems like you still wouldn't have any time to use it when you're spamming bullet skills all the time

So what current MMO can I play that doesn't have:

>Button mashy ACTION COMBAT but more of a controlled system

Has:
>Interesting classes
>Good theme/style
>a little flashy or satisfying when using skills so it doesn't feel like fucking WoW and it's boring animations
>decent sized player base

TOR

Tera is the only good MMO left that has an active playerbase.

But it's full of pedos.

>>decent sized player base
none lol

>Play Twin Saga.
>Cannot decide which class to play despite fully know I can change class anytime in game because my character is a meek anime girl.

Being autistic is suffering.

revelation

lol

As everyone here hates it, PSO2 can satisfy these conditions.

Not sure about theme/style though... not everyone will like scifi themed anime mmo.

dota 2

overwatch

fuck off with this mainstream garbage

Diablo 2

>mainstream garbage
>people actually talk like this
lol

lol

Not wanting mainstream means you don't want
>decent sized player base

Yeah I won't be helping you.

You mean decent sized playerbase, consisting of kids and normalfags?
I will not play some shitty games, just because "they" are playing them.
And they are out of my genre anyway...

I need your help /mmog/.
I've been playing Tera since before it went free to play. I had my fun but at this point, its run its course for me and I just can't really bring myself to want to play anymore.
I've tried the big "tera-killers";B&S, Vindictus, BDO, Revelation, etcetc--but they just weren't really for me.
Is there any other mmo currently available that has very similar styled combat? I've always loved Tera's combat but the current state of the game is just dreadful.

>I will not play some shitty games
Then you're in the wrong thread

Im in this thread just because... I see it as common thread about mmorpgs.

And again...

When I finished playing Tera... I started to play PSO2.
And I still have plenty of fun with its combat system.
So, if you can forgive some stupid things in this game, and you enjoyed combat in Tera... i think you will have fun. And I still think, that PSO2 has better combat, cause its faster and more mobile.

>it has players and its alive
>it has economy which actually works
>it has events
>new content still coming up
>not p2w
>deep skill system where you actually need to think when building your character
>switch class anytime
>and it has haters on /mmog/ cause its actually good and successful game (even if its not perfect and has its flaws)

What do you want more?

PSO2 has two glaring issues
A) The "english" playerbase
and
B) The game content (progression system is wonky if not the least and mid to endgame consists of dressup and EMEGENECY MISSHIONs) and weak feeling combat for certain weapons (gauntlets are Inflatable Bop'em's with explosive soundeffects)

I do suggest trying it out though, getting to install the shit takes somewhat long if you're away from Japan, and the translation patch is somewhat sketchy and generally shitty but if you can get past that, you can understandably have at least a month or two of good fun.
avoid ship 2 and ship 6

if he want english players, he should go to ship 2

Correction, if he wants annoying weaboos, russians, germans, brazil, philiphines and people ERPing in the public, then he should join Ship 2

his ship selection wouldn't even fucking matter, the game has no co-op elements whatsoever aside from plopping down a 5000 meter AoE buff down every hour and/or dealing damage to help you kill a monster super fast

Was on aliexina, quit four years ago. My friend played on tarlach but got banned for duping like an idiot

>the game has no co-op elements whatsoever
thats the problem in almost every mmorpg

>decent sized playerbase
user I...

LaTale question. I'm stuck at Coliseum and I have no idea on how to advance to the next stage. It says Next but I can't do anything with it.

Kill the straw man. But if you already did that and killed the big wolf man you need to get out and go up a platform

Level 130-140 grinding in LaTale sucks. The quests sucks and the place to grind sucks. Coli takes forever to do because I keep flinching too.

Need to get more stam or party up with a tank.

No one parties at coli anymore.
At least at my level.

Going to have to find a different place to grind then mate. Now if you had a coil set that gives stam you would be solo grinding easy. Also you can find tiger temple parties right?

I don't know where else to grind tbhwu.
I don't have a coli set.
I can't find tiger parties at this time, everyone is asleep. I tried soloing it and died when 4 of them ganged up on me.

I think I'll just tough out coli.

Alright mate. Just may need to go back to questing or some kind person may give you a leech later on if ya on.

TINKY AWAKENING WHEN REEEEEEEEE

SEA has it already, NA either end of this month or january

How did MMORPGs even come to be? I recall everyone always playing Runescape back in the days but I never remember anyone complaining about p2w or anything of the like. Clearly something went wrong somewhere.

Really, going by the update schedule, there's absolutely no reason we should get anything except cleric/tink awakening this month.

>Probably a bunch of other shit people can name that NA publishers pull
To be fair it's not up to them. They're just the host of the game, they don't necessarily have any control over it. Blame the gooks and chinks.

We need a true h mmo
You literally party up or don't play

What should I do with light cube? Google gave me nothing.

mmoerp

mmohut

I haven't played this shit in years, the fuck did they block my account for?

Darkfall New Dawn

Maybe ya shit got hacked then some not started to use ya account. You know Nexon has a shit security.

complaining became the norm instead of just enjoying a game for what it is.

Nah, I'm actually just dumb and didn't expect them to have disabled my account.

Vindictus question:
The fuck am I supposed to do? I still have my old level 20 character but now I'm sort of in the middle of shit and dunno what the fuck to do.

Read the quests that you have? Also go talk with the cat, it will give you free gear and stuff
Check your dailies

A lot of the early ones were text-based, MUDs and MOOs and the like, and eventually people tried to adapt that to graphics, I'm sure there were some 2d ones around but the most well-known was Everquest which in its early days even functioned like a MUD, where you clicked on an NPC to target them so you could type out all the text prompts like 'say "hello" npcnamehere' and you'd have to carefully read chat for any keywords. NPCs also reacted to all sorts of things you'd type in but those small details have kinda been lost to the ages as games then tried to take on more the Diablo II and PSO1 approach since PSO1 was pretty successful for a console that wasn't.

As time went on however, folks would see the games less as games and more as a major facet of their life and would grow to become egomaniacal and elitist, and would scare away new players because they'd demand to be important in this world to others and usually push some kind of elitism on the populace that wasn't scared away to follow, such as splitting up players with things like seperating "pvptards/fags" and "carebears" and so on rather than letting everyone enjoy what was going on in any given box of sand. As MMOs would cater to these kinds of veterans, they'd let the new players more or less suffer and get scared off and the playerbase would stagnate until the devs made some sort of mistake with an update that pissed off the veterans and reminded them it was just a game rather than a major facet of their life and soon the veterans would flee, the game would already be branded as elitist and the damage done by the new player experience and so forth.

Some noticed the large asian market where culturally speaking, wealth is power, if you have enough wealth you should be able to overcome anything was the mentality they had, so devs tried to cater to this crowd front-loaded with their own elitism to cover the horrendous costs to the company.

That's what FFXI did once you hit around level 10-14, but they've since made it possible to solo because people were scared away by any kind of social interaction and the requirement of needing to be in a party any time you hop on which could make hopping on take significantly longer.