/swgg/ - Star Wars Games General

Invisible Taximobile edition

/swgg/ is not your personal tech/customer support forum. Google search before posting.

>For General SWTOR info and finding people to play with:
pastebin.com/Cp37vLab

Referral system is broken, ask politely in thread if you need a link.

>How do I setup Battlefront II?
pastebin.com/fsYU4BUC

/swgg/ Guilds
Legio XVI Coruscantia - Tomb of Freedon Nadd (Imperial)

- Ebon Hawk (Imperial/RP/Memes)

>SWGEMU
swgemu.com/forums/index.php

>KOTET Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hh8sTR2b4zI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sheevposting

Let the sheev slide into your DMs

Can we talk about how awesome Empire at War is here?

Empire at war was pretty sweet. The mods that added all the big ships were kinda dumb, though. I played a campaign with those on and just used spawned fighters and bombers from one ship to REMOVE ENTIRE FLEETS and take almost no damage at all. Definitely not balanced.

It was kinda shit how the big cannon on the Aggressor Class ships damage didn't bleed over when they hit a single hardpoint.

I want to play this
youtube.com/watch?v=Hh8sTR2b4zI

Post a bigger slut than this

You can't

I could just google large sluts, but I've been down that road and I know where it leads.

1313 was canceled, I take it.

Was he really wearing a mask over some minor burns? And where did he get a new meatbag arm?
Why do they all wear Revan masks?

I just got done playing New Vegas and watching the dollars trilogy back to back to back so now I have a burning question. Which class story is most like a space western, BH or Smug? I can't imagine it would be any of the other ones.

Smuggler, but only Act 1. After that it becomes gun for hire, being cheated out of contract, kill the traitors.
BH story is almost entirely "hey go kill that guy, now that one and that one, oh there's a guy who takes what you do personally, now let's kill a president"

Am I the only one who actually likes the RNG crates? It's awesome getting lucky, and if you don't there's still crafting to keep you in line with others.

4.0 Operation progression was boring. "grind story mode so you can grind hard mode so you can grind nightmare mode". At least now I can get into hard mode (or even nightmare, we'll see) without relying on story mode groups.

>Was he really wearing a mask over some minor burns?

It was a healing mask, perhaps?

>And where did he get a new meatbag arm?
He didn't?

>Cute chiss girl
>Best consular set
>Vented lightsabers
>Voiced by a proud American nigress who don need no jedi council
I guess it was to much to hope for them to spend the dosh British slag to play a character only people who get a fairly limited achievement even see.

Lana wanted to strike a pose

The problem is that doing well != any modicum of skill, just time spent.

It's fine for casuals, but even if you want to be a hardcore player - you can't. It's appealing to the 90%, but totally excluding the 10%

>It's appealing to the 90%, but totally excluding the 10%

But that's just a numbers thing. If they just make t2 available at like 50 and t3 at 100 there wouldn't be an issue, as long as NiM is doable with t2.

Also, they need to make set armorings transferable to other pieces of gear.

The issues have nothing to do with the nature of the grind - it's the fact it IS a grind.

Like before, if you wanted top tier gear - you had to do the hard shit. If you didn't do the hard shit - you couldn't get the gear.

Now, the top tier is only locked by a time sink.

>Like before, if you wanted top tier gear - you had to do the hard shit. If you didn't do the hard shit - you couldn't get the gear.

It wasn't hard, it was just doing the same content in story mode until you get a full 216 set, followed by doing the same content in hard mode until you get a full 220 set, followed by doing the same content in nightmare until you get a full 224 set.

Once you figure out Operations Mechanics it's not hard, it's just a grind. What's hard is knowing the mechanics of every difficult fight, not just operations, which is why a focus on dailies and weeklies for Master level FP/Up/Op content is a better way to go.

So yeah it's a timesink. But getting maxed gear before everyone else will still require doing hard content.

They should've kept the armors with set bonusses as a drop from bosses in operations and the non-set armors from the boxes. The cxp gain from various pve activities needs a buff aswell. 20 per heroic is a joke

>20 per heroic is a joke
Because heroics are joke content.

Do whatever is bonused content for the day, and pvp.

>Because heroics are joke content

TOR is a joke game

I expected more from EA.

WHY? Because I am a sucker and a moron.

I WANTED MY OXFORD ENGLISH ACCENTED CHISS

I just put it away. I expect her to start saying "WORLDSTAR"

>bioware does some stupid change
>community goes rage
>weekend after bioware apologizes and makes changes
>see guys we listen to feedback
Every time. Expect changes this week

What's the difference between the different FP difficulties?
Is "Veteran" the new "Tactical" and "Master" the new HM or did they add a new difficulty out of the blue.
What the fuck is "Story" now, solo?

Story mode is standard difficulty. Veteran is what used to be [HARD] and master is probably a step beyond that.

Are you 100% sure about that?
FP weekly quests were changed to VETERAN and MASTER when it used to be TACTICAL and HEROIC respectively, so that's why I assumed that.

>HEROIC
I meant HARD.
I'll test it out later anyways.

>STORY

Solo mode

>VETERAN

Tactical mode

>MASTER

Hard mode

>She will never lovingly welcome you home and ask you about your day while relieving your stress

Also, thanks for an actual /swgg/ OP

>John Carpenter's The Thing

Any benefit from resubbing right nowor should I just stay as preferred?

Do you give a shit about chapters?

Maybe

>/swgg/
Anyone playing the new BF?
I recently got a half-decent GPU and I would like to test it.

Waiting for the game and its suite of DLC to go on sale

Where can i obtain pvp sets for ranked? Was playing a lot in 3.0 now came back

pvp sets no longer exist in the game as expertise was removed. ranked is gated by valor rank (25).

Then maybe you should resubscribe.

I just want a nice stronghold, but all these fucking decorations cost a couple million apiece. Do people actually buy this overpriced shit? 7 mil for a destitute smuggler?

WATCH

THOSE

give it up

WRIST

>yeah im not like the other jedi's ;)
10/10 writing

It also doesn't help that they've given her one of the worst haircuts out there.

>Travel to Hoth

And to top it off, doesn't she talk about our old companions we want back? Like twisting the knife in the wound.

Wait, she actually has a storyline?
Holy shit, how long has it been, since Treek?

I thought about playing TOR but I hear that BioWare really just ignored the shit out of KOTOR2. I've heard people compare TOR to Teen Titans Go in relative-butchering-amounts.

>worst haircuts

excuse you?

that looks like utter shit, all of it

YOU'RE utter shit, pal

Your guy looks like some random space hobo passed out on a cantina floor that camera barely pans over while it follows the main characters.
So insignificant to the story he doesn't even get a name in credits, instead being referred to as "guy no. 10459".
Like, even wookiepedia doesn't have an article about that character.
Embarrassing.

That a toothpick?

That's exactly the look I was going for. Thank you.

Yes sir

Subs only?

Nah it's from an old Cartel crate. I doubt it's even on GTN but if I bothered to look I guarantee it'd be insanely expensive. I got it out of my collections way back when.

>Like, even wookiepedia doesn't have an article about that character

kek

No, but only subs will be able to afford whatever price it's going for on the gtn.

IT'S A FREAKING TOOTHPICK

Tell me about it.

I was gonna get the relentless hunter chest for my BH, shit is 40+ mil. Good luck selling that shit, I'll grab a savage hunter chest for 100k.

Inflation is pretty ridiculous. I missed Ghostly Magus sale during halloween and now I'd have to fork out tens of millions for the set. I think I'll settle for Ceremonial Mystic for about a million even if the back side looks slightly worse.

>when someone undercuts you by 2m

>likes courting gifts
>letter he sends you says he has Senya and you as support

>Character still holds Kallig's ligthsaber wrong

what the fuck is she doing?

>mfw port nowhere
>no healers

>when someone undercuts you by 1 cred

I won't buy form someone if I see them doing this. I'll gladly spend the extra credit. You're a bitch ass nigga if you do this.

>Was he really wearing a mask over some minor burns?
Voss healing healed his scars as well as his soul. They were just so fucked up he still looked freakish after the healing.

After the ghostly magus sale was over on my server, each individual piece was up for over 20 mil. It steadily declined since then, but wtf? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that shit will not sell.

Should I even do Story Uprisings? I'm afraid I'm not geared well enough for Vet, but story ones don't drop anything worthwhile

That's fine, the other 99 guys will appreciate saving that one credit.

I got all the achievements from Crimson Fang and Dulfy says its the longest Uprising so I've just unchecked it forever in groupfinder.

>but story ones don't drop anything worthwhile
Veterans don't either. Just a bit more cxp. Stick to story.

On different playthroughs of KOTFE, doing the star fortresses, are they mandatory or can I skip?

you just ask about her background and skills, would hardly call it a story
then again that's basically what treek's conversations amount to

So just finished KotET as an agent, is it me or do both KotFE and KotET feel extremely shit for non force users?

Especially when the game forces everyone to use a fucking blaster when fighting in cutscenes... absolutely ridiculous.

>Expansions are specially catered for force users
>Nerf force users and buff tech through the roof

Bioware is that one special company that never stops fucking up even the most simple things.

Skip it unless you hate yourself

>buy 2400 cartel coins because I wanted a cool set
>spend 270 cartel coins to transfer my three high level characters to a new server because my friends wanted to
>suddenly friends decide that we shouldn't move
>have to spend 270 more to send them back to the original server
>alright, fuck it, I'll just buy that set I want
>buy it for 1200 coins
>Oh wait I wanted it on my other character
>delete the items while they're still in my inventory (without equipping them first) and log on to my other character
>check collections, the item set isn't listed
>realize that I had to equip the items for them to show up in my collections
>tfw just wasted 1800 cartel coins today

I fucking love bounty hunters to death. But it just doesn't feel right to be put in some sort of special snowflake seat where Valkorion is all like god dayum girl. I just hunt people for money/mando stuff with mah blasters. Is it wrong of me to think this way? Still haven't gotten to KoTET but i expect the same shit since it's basically part 2.

>Sorcs / sages still have visible lightsabers
>Operatives use rifles instead of pistols
>Mercs are long range but use pistols instead of rifles
>Troopers don't have side arm skills but always use pistols in cutscenes

Bioware at its finest.

>if it don't apply, let it fly

don't get upset user

>shotguns and knives are always the same no matter what you equip on the slot
>they show up from nowhere on certain skills only, then disappear immediately after
I will never not be mad.

Once my hunter started dual wielding lightsabers, I knew I wasn't supposed to be there.

Ask for CS help, they're surprisingly helpful and fast when it comes to cartel market and items in general.
GL having any game-related issue, though.

The whole Eternal Empire thing only make sense for consulars and inquisitors. Knight and Warrior are close but they aren't anywhere close to being leaders, they're "smash thingie with glowy stick" types.

Already submitted a ticket asking for a restoration of the deleted items, I'm hoping you're right but since this game is run by (((EA))) I'm not entirely optimistic about their response. I'll take your word on it though, so thanks for the confidence boost.

>t. retard that hasn't played Knight or Warrior

It's actually surprising how good EA's customer support is (at least on Origin)

For Knights and Warriors it's personal though

Knight is literally the council's attack dog.

Troopers would be a nightmare.
Imagine holding someone at gunpoint with one of those blaster miniguns on a cutscene. Cutscene would have to change camera to showcase it, different animations.
You can guess why not now, right? BW is lazy. Same thing with the speeders.

Worth doing once for the pretty environments and boss fights, beyond that it's not worth it unless you want the armor pieces for looks.

Got that welcome back bundle restored to me on all my characters after a couple exchanges in like 2 days, even on those I didn't delete.
Pretty sure they'll be even more supportive when it comes with something bought with coins/real money.

still proving you havent played it

any retard can read a 5 sentence summary on a wiki

>deep voice
>nonchalant attitude
>lone wolf
>that entire special snowflake rebel mentality
She's literally a teenage edgelord, but coming from a more mature face people are calling her a strong woman/badass.

I kept wondering why she reminded me so much of Chloe from LiS.