/ORG/

Welcome to Off Road General where everyone knows the road is for faggots.

Old one at image limit. Post sick rigs.

delica bros pls post up

white F150 owner here, one of the salesmen at my work drives this magnificent machine

holy shit i am so jelly
also your truck is awesome btw
awesome pics in the last thread

Why would we bully you!? D:
>K1500 for free
>manual
Congrats!

>difficult to shift into first
>K1500
weird. I've never heard of this being a big issue on chebbies but a lot of the old F-150s and rangers have this issue. If i remember, it's the throwouts that COULD be the issue (which is simple to fix if you can get into the cylinders themselves) but it could be different on chebbies.
My Ranger has had this issue for a while. Sometimes when parked and when it wants to, I have to move it into second gear then quickly into first in order to actually shift into first. Such is the peril of having le ebbic shitbox beater. You get used to it.

Are you able to shift well without the clutch when manually rev matching 3> 4 or 4> 3? What is the margin of error that you can do so when shifting and how bad is the sound if you're off by 50-100 RPM?

Also:
>over-torqued oil filter
>go to the shoppe to get it off
don't you have those little rubber pulling things? That's what most shoppes use anyway.

Or what you can do is attach steel rods to the blades of a blender and weld the other ends of the rods to the oil filter. Put in on the lowest setting and the Blender removes the oil filter like a breeze.

>>/lgbt/

I don't know what's going on anymore

bought the CRV because it was cheap as fuck, figured I would put some miles on it and flip it for a profit. I'm actually thinking about going to trade it in for an Escape at the end of the month because it's fucking miserable in the mountains. the RX350 is a weird story but basically I bought it from a family member to help him out when he got into a financial jam, it's most likely just going to sit a while longer and he wants to buy it back eventually.

the S550 is the platform name for the 2015+ Mustang.

I really don't know how I manage 20 mpg. I don't drive conservatively and I've got to figure my truck probably weighs 6500 lbs with the cap and everything, and is powered by a gasoline V6.

there really isn't anything I can do to protect the driveshaft, it was just a dumb move on my part that I hope to avoid in the future.

>don't you have those little rubber pulling things?
I do, I even have a set of oil filter sockets. I tried everything. Rubber grips, rubber pad, rubber glove, sandpaper with a rubber glove, The last time I tried with a pipe wrench dented it enough that there was a pinhole sized puncture in it, enough to drip oil pretty well. I was going to try putting a screwdriver through it, but I didn't want to shear it all off, then I'd have real problems.

>Are you able to shift well without the clutch when manually rev matching
For the most part yeah, I had it up into 4th and 5th on the highway at 2-2.5k rpms shifted between the two a lot, never noticed a jump on the rpm gauge nor did I feel anything.

I've driven manuals where you could shift with your pinky finger, this thing needs a firm grip to get into first, lots of stiffness then *click* feeling it is in. shifting into 2nd is fine, no where near as hard. The only way I could think of how to describe it is like clunky-loud-stiff eastern european truck.

Need further advice on fog lights:
What can take H3c bulbs? Can most $50 fog light sets take these bulbs or do I have to get some weird standardised sizes?

Open to other HID options as well.

>driveshaft
>nothing you can do
Nigga. I just outlined three methods that work very well: half-pipe armour with a mild amount of welding knowhow, lifting (which you're doing and hopefully going to 39 tyres, right?), and skid plates. Unless you're saying that it's already done and it's not worth armouring at this point. If that's the case, then I say "):". Also, that's a noble thing to do with the RX350. They're comfie AF in the middle and great suspensions. If only you could take the seats out and put them in your F-150, heh.

Anyway, let us know how you end up with your F-150. I see these so often on the road with the FX(offroad) trim and would love to see more of them actually off the road.

[spoiler]Also, please don't actually lift your Mustang and put it on 35s, that was just a hilarious idea that I thought of as a solution to the balding tyres[/spoiler]

no bully pls

>>Are you able to shift well without the clutch when manually rev matching
derp I read that wrong, no I haven't shifted without the clutch while rev matching.

>there are people itt right now who dont realize the 80 series land cruiser is the best 4x4 ever made
wew

Mountain Goat reporting in.

I just don't see any type of armor/cover methods working well with a 2-piece driveshaft that obviously needs to be able to move just as much as the axle does. I would think they would just cost me clearance, if anything. the lift itself is on the way, the coilovers I'm using won't be available until probably early next year so it will probably all go together in spring. I'm probably going to change the exhaust setup again because it's stupid loud right now but other than that I think it'll be left alone for a few months. and the Lexus has the F Sport/Crafted Line package so it's got some extra rare ebony/cabernet seats that are stupid comfortable. I do really like the way that vehicle drives.

'How's it going little goat?'

>doors dont come off
>top doesn't come off
>windsheidl doesn't fold down
>no soft top available
wew lad

t. somebody who hasn't the balls ot beat the roof off with a sledge

>qualifications for greatest 4x4 of all time must include whether or not the doors come off and the windshield folds down

So... the previous owner sprayed my truck in cheap rattle an bedliner, and now it's beginning to peel/flake off.

I really want to remove it and keep the original paint or wrap her, but this shit will probably be a PITA to take off... Please talk me out of it

>Pic related, the bumper looks like shit nowadays

Just sand it off and paint over it.

>it's another the 150 image limit was used up by 134 Tay-tay photos episode

Well it's not the best experience if it's not completely opened up. Stay pleb, cager,.

>wanting to make the exhaust quieter
see: (also, that guy posted the comment literally 29 seconds after I posted the q t coffee date swiftie. y he so mean?):

Anyway, the driveshaft armour is a fair point. Most of the older models I've seen litrally just cover it with a suspended metal plumbing pipe cut in half and welded in place that costs 0.5 inches of clearance. It's cheap enough but may not be compatible with your model.

But for sure! Keep us informed on how the clearance goes.

If you can shift with a small margin of error without a clutch, your transmission will still be good. When done well (within 50 RPM), it should feel exactly like shifting when you're in neutral (and more often it will feel smoother). That should be your baseline of clutch-in shifting feels.

Also, again. First gear selection (and sometimes with reverse) is a common issue on a Ferds and older truccs. That's just how the cylinders were designed. If he's charging you a lot of money to get into it, I would decline.
If he says that the clutch disk is failing and there's not chatter, it's a hard one unless you actually go, drain all the fluids, and take a look for yourself. It smells pretty sketchy but there's always that 1% chance they're telling the truth. I would recommend doing that and familiarising yourself with the vehicle if you plan on owning it for more than 3 years.
Bar that, get a mechanic that only does mechanic works because he can (and derives the bulk of his income doing other things).

Oh hey there q t.

Damn these threads are just flying by.

I like it

Ayyyyyyyy!
Hows it going? Are those the HIDs you were talking of getting?

I'll probably end up going that way eventually. First things first I have to get my oil cooler lines swapped out. They're leaking again and snow is now a possibility this time of year...

>having so much rust on your taco it's starting to blow balloons

I'm gonna post this in every /org/ until the Mountain Pupper becomes immortal

maybe if youre a rock crawling red neck
if you actually plan on getting out into the woods for significant periods of time that isnt really sustainable
get rekt faggot

didnt use to be like this
its awesome love seeing it

>I'm too retarded to know the difference between mud and rust

>I've never seen mud, the post

safe travels, doggo!!

>It smells pretty sketchy but there's always that 1% chance they're telling the truth.

Thats kinda what got to me. If my clutch was toast why would he go ahead and tell me before changing my oil and filter? I wouldn't be able to drive it so why go ahead and do it?

when I get it back ill try some clutchless shifting and she what she does.

>common issue on a Ferds and older truccs
Sounds about right, I have to turn the engine off to get it to go into reverse, not that I ever use it.

When winter break gets here ill start tearing into it like you said, working on something is half the fun of owning to me.

I've got 35w HIDs in the low beams and the PIAAs.

Three of Hella 4000s currently have 50w halogens and two have 35w HIDs, I'll be replacing all of them with 75w HIDs.

Been busy moving but I managed to find time to install the winch and mount the Hellas.

Errr. Different poster.
I do need HID help, though. See: Pls.

>It smells pretty sketchy but there's always that 1% chance they're telling the truth.

Thats kinda what got to me. If my clutch was toast why would he not tell me before changing my oil and filter? I wouldn't be able to drive it so why go ahead and do it?

when I get it back ill try some clutchless shifting and she what she does.

>common issue on a Ferds and older truccs
Sounds about right, I have to turn the engine off to get it to go into reverse, not that I ever use it.

When winter break gets here ill start tearing into it like you said, working on something is half the fun of owning to me.

My friends selling a '70 cj5 for $3k.
It has
>35" tires
>front and rear lockers
>nice custom roller and toolbox back

Please talk me out of this

Post an actual pic.

pavement queen detected

Ok, I'll be back in a couple minutes. Gotta run up to the barn real quick and take a pic

I'm running H3c HIDs in my PIAA 520 fogs and driving lights.

I haven't tried any of the generic $50 fog light sets but if you shop around and you're patient you can occasionally find PIAAs like mine on CL/Ebay for $50-100/pr.

Didn't realize a new thread was put up And too lazy to link my last post through my phone but anyways.
Getting my money for the k10 tomorrow, probably picking it up next weekend as long as the dude finds the title

>Sand it off
>Bedliner
RIP millions of pieces of sandpaper

get a grinder or something,

>RIP millions of pieces of sandpaper
I go through millions of pieces of sandpaper no matter what I do anyway.
I'd be with you if it were good bed liner, but for that stuff it'll probably sand just like the average rattle can job, since that's what it is.

There is a nice warn 9500lb winch that comes with it too, just need to bolt it back on. I drove it around today and it feels awesome. It's got some nice oversized soft ride springs that make it ride really nice.

You got moose mirrors and 37s for the Ram yet?

N-no

It will probably need new tires soon though. I need to do a shackle flip too so I can get rid of the rear axle blocks

Don't forget cab lights.

Use a cinderblock. That's what I did.

Doesn't look bad, as long as the rockers aren't rusted out. Chevy 350?

Look at all that rust!

Good! I like you. Stick around and make that 1500 offroad worthy.

Do it! If you don't, tell me where it is and I'll come buy it.

>pic related
Everyone deserves this thumbs up!

It's not rotted out, it all looks good and solid. Its got the buick v6 that originally came in it. At first when he told it was a v6 I was disappointed, but when I drove it, it fucking blew me away. This little engine has some serious grunt and it pulls way harder than expected

Fuck it, I'm buying it tomorrow

I need to hit the junkyard and find some, the upper bumper cover thing is junk too so I need to find one of those.

Gearing helps a lot. For the price of a decent ATV, you can have something that basically goes on the same trails and is road legal for pissall per year.

do i qualify for ORG? finished putting new brakes on the whip. corners all look legit rally now.

can somebody explain the tay

Nice trips!

If you drive it off of the road, then it qualifies

safe travels, doggo!

remember to carry a fire extinguisher on the trails!

It's just an /org/ regular who's bretty cool and isn't a degenerate tripfag but remains recognizable

>tfw they stopped selling the ATs I wanted to put on my XV
Fugg. I really don't want to buy 16" wheels just to get ATs

>tfw I kept the original 16" rims on my Scoob even though I have no plans to change its suspension

alright alright alright

buy 15s i have a ton of oversized rally tires to sell you

I'm not sure if 15s fit over the brakes on the XV

Gimme dem

Surprisingly knowledgeable off roader who uses tay for reaction images. We keep him around because he actually makes this board a happier place.

Nah I like them for that A E S T H E T I C 90s wheel gap

turns out there was a lot of fucking around to be done tonight. south Denver just got like 3" of shitty slushy snow but Rampart Range had like anywhere from 6-18" of beautiful soft powder.

and of course since it was an impromptu trip, the nice camera was left safely tucked away at home. so here's some iPhone garbage

>your homeland looks like this year-round
>you cannot funs in snow
why even live

N. Denver got slush that became icy. The Goat managed a trip to the pizza joint this evening, but that's about it. Gonna have to figure out how to keep the driver door lock from freezing. Climbing over from the passenger seat sucks. I guess I'll pull the door panel and have a rummage around once the sun comes back out.

Pic related is the first time I saw the Goat. Love at first sight. Stock, but I had some ideas on what I wanted to do. Bought her a few days later.

Educate me about overlanding, /org/

that like Oklahoma or some shit?

it's supposed to be back in the 50s/60s again for the foreseeable future. I think you should be good dude. how'd that fine piece of machinery end up being named "the Goat" ?

It's like hiking with trucks basically (my picture is not overlanding)

Basically you drive from one destination to another, all off-road, while camping either in the bed of the truck, on the ground in a tent, or above the truck in a rooftop tent.

An overland trip can range from a few days to a couple of weeks depending on the route, and it's the kind of off-roading where's your vehicle is your lifeline for an extended amount of time. I'm not very good at explaining but I hope I got the basic gist of it.

TL;DR: Its camping in your truck as you off-road from one place to another

Aaannndd I forgot my picture

I'm staying at an RV park by the beach in this pic. Again not overland, but still semi-related

That was a better explanation than anything I could find with google, thanks.

staying in carlsbad I see?

or cardiff? gonna come hunt you down lmao

Yeah. I love Denver's bipolar weather.

I bought it with one specific purpose in mind: take me to the remote and beautiful places in Colorado. I bought her some new shoes, and we did our first run at Yankee Hill in Ouray (my first offroading as well). It was glorious. Mountain views. Abundant wildlife. Myriad flowers. Abandoned mines. Was happy to find that wifey enjoyed it (she's quite prissy, generally).

The next day, we did mountain passes and gulches. It was reminiscent of the crazy Mountain Goats on the Discovery Channel, you see them clinging to tiny outcroppings halfway up what looks like impassable terrain. How the fuck do they get up there? How the fuck do they get back down? They're fearless, compact but tough, and don't give a fuck.

Then I remembered My Little Mule from the movie Romancing the Stone. My Little Mountain Goat.

Seemed apropos. Pic related is the trail to Yankee Hill from that day.

Just realized it's Yankee Boy Basin. Confused it with another trail nearby. My bad.

More of Yankee Boy Basin.

First user got it right, campground at Carlsbad State Beach

safe travels doggorino

Have you ever raged at a poster? God. You must be the happiest person in the world it's kinda insufferable.

Love that rig.

yeah its pretty damn awesome, 38" tires and the lovely 4,2 liter straight 6 turbo diesel

To be honest, sandpaper will most likely work. I can literally scratch it off in spots with my fingernail. Hell, its flaking off my bumper just by rubbing it! This shit must've been purty cheap :-\

On another side note, it's a bitch to keep clean, and had faded. For my truck to look presentable I have to spray the whole thing with that plastic trim restorer shit or tire shine.

>own stock 3rd gen 4Runner
First step is figuring out how to lift the fucker

Door panel comes off super easy. I had to replace my window regulator a couple months back and all you have to do is take off the window crank, one screw in the door lever and two in the door handle. Everything else pops off. My lock was also a bit sticky. Just spray some liquid wrench in there and everything gets magically better.

Unfortunately my front driver side caliper is stuck now. So it's off to the wrecking yard to grab a new one on saturday.

nice. I did Yankee Boy Basin in this big fucker too. really awesome place.

Does anyone here puts Christmas lights on top of your roof rack?

Another offroaders here driven/compared the Toyota Fortuner versus the LC Prado?

>engine diagnostics after mudding
>cylinder 1 occasional misfires
>switching out spark plugs
>accidentally mixes up the spark plugs
Now I don't remember which ones are new despite a good educated guess. Daily reminder to not be retarded.

OH MY GOD THAT'S ADORABLE.
I will now! I would even blast Christmas songs since I'm this enthusiastic about season changes.
[spoiler] Swizzy has a nice Christmas album. Her rendition of Silent Night is so fucking awful that it becomes cute again. 5/10 album pitchfork rates 9.5/10. [/spoiler].

Mmmm. Looks like a lot of the trails around here. Sand mudding is difficult as shit. Do you normally put on winter chains before you go on these paths or not worth it for the ease / light snow? (or has it just not snowed as hard)

Bretty

OH A BOX COMES WITH TWO PLUGS AND I THREW THE OLD ONE OUT.
Broblem solveb'd, guys.

Anyone here ever lifted a subaru?
My whole suspension is shot so I've been thinking about lifting my 05 outback while fixing everything else

Prime way to get pulled over. They'll even sperg about red indicators around here.

Did it last year, cops around here don't mind unless they are flashing, then it's a big no-no, if I do get pulled over and get a hard time about them, I'll just switch them to white.

K10 guy here again, truck will be mine next weekend guaranteed. My lawyer came through on my settlement with more than double what I needed $3600 to be exact. The truck is only $1500 and gonna buy my buddies truck for parts mainly the 3/4 ton axles on it
>They are set up with 5.13 gears and locked on both axles
Undecided if I'm gonna take the 12" lift on it.
Gonna take the original axles from the truck and sell those, selling both motors (sbc350) selling both trans (th350 and sm465) then either scrap the k20 chassis or sell it for what I can get for it.
Then comes the
>Ls1
>Nv4500
Gonna use advanced adapters setups and a np205 tcase
You guys decide the color
>Gun metal grey
>Gloss black
>Gun metal with black stripe down the center
Truck should be done by spring next year if all goes right

It was me both times bro, used to go there all the time as a kid.

Ah

But yeah it's a cool campground. I was up there for one night but sleeping with the ocean right down the cliff was pretty comfy (until this one kid started screaming all night a few spots over)

Once I put an inverter in my bed I'm totally doing this

I actually don't even own chains, I just use 4 hi and lock the diff if need be but I've never gotten my F150 stuck.