/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Glorious Knowledge Edition

Hunt the previous thread, Hunt the previous thread: (Cross-thread)

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

Sorry about the crush, Ayy. But I have a million vermin.

Have the games shortcuts been patched? I watched a speedrun of the game which only took an hour and 12 mins, dlc included. The amount of shortcuts that let you skip a good chunk of areas is pretty incredible, the more notable one being in old Yharnam.

>Someone makes a new thread just as I make a new thread
>It won't let me delete the thread I made
FUCK

AHH
You mislinked the previous thread

If it makes you feel any better, I fucked it up.

>New to BB
>Beat game was fun
>Want to try pvp
Souls pvp was fun I bet BB is fun too, as the quality is better

>Some people seem incredibly weak
>Others do half my HP in a single r1

Whoa blood gems absolutely ruins this game for PvP. Ain't nobody got time to grind in a game for PvP not even designed around PvP balance.

Why did they even need to go to Old Yharnam for a speedrun?

Gabriel T. is an impatient spic

For the future, Detro, you can blood bullet after firing only one shot of five. No need to spend the time blowing all of them.

It was an all bosses speedrun.

Ah. Fun

No, you weren't playing senpai.

Did that fight get fucked by netcode on your end too, Shadrach?

No

It seemed fine to me.

Huh.

Well, if it looked alright on your end, I guess thats fine. You started teleporting around and some of my attacks just decided to do damage to you. That win was nothing but luck on my end.

No.

i'm sorry i keep cheesing you gregor but i also freaked the fuck out that that worked

what emotes are considered BM?

all of them

All of them. Doing none is also considered BM.

I love you Shadrach, but you're goin' all DBZ with those instant transmissions.

this seems contradictory.

Sorry about that, my internet connection is fucked.

Moral of the story is you're going to piss people off no matter what you do.

It's all good homie, keeps me sharp like the crack.

Who's the absolute madman trying to use a rifle spear?

makes sense

>winning 80% of my matches do far

Stop posting fucking anime you weeaboo piece of shit

yeah man it's like, incredibly obnoxious, dude

Been a fun night lads but Imma call it a night, see ya the weekend after next boys, Claire out
>tfw have to go to a company Christmas party next weekend

Sweet dreams

gnight
good fights

Yeah Shadrach your connection has tanked out of nowhere.

I'll have to take a look at it. See you next week, it was fun.

ggs lads, birb/baldur signing off. see you new kids next week.

is the saw spear a good sidearm to the axe?

ur shit kid dont let me ever catch you in my fc again or ill deck ya

If you've managed to dual wield trick weapons I'm not gonna stop you

He means as a pocket switch you fucking baboon

What could possibly be changed from this?

I feel like i forgot to blood bullet that fight.

My b

Going 25 str and not using a meme level

dropping endurance and upping arc to 20 so you can use gloves

Aight I guess we're posting goodbyes this thread so Walter Allgood / Wolfgang out for the night. Fun times abound.

If you didn't fight me it's probably because I wasn't able to FC until like 10:30

Drop 10 out of vit and skl, two out of end, put it into arc for 40vit, 40skl, 40arc, just for dat tool damage

Funny, it's almost as if I don't have a wagon wheel hanging off my hip while I'm using my church pick

Is the fight club going on now? Glyph?

lol gay

It's down to just a handful of people by now, but it's in Pthumeru this time around if you want to catch the end of it.

Just started the game three or so days ago and beat it Beat Gehrman, but didn't get the umbilical cords. Also, didn't have the DLC at the time. The game's super good, and I'm really enjoying exploring and reading up on the lore.

So, I started a new game and I'm trying to amp up quick. Any tips on getting echoes super fast? I'm at Vicar Amelia and I just turned it night. Also, what level should I be for The Hunter's Nightmare? .

Chalice Dungeons, Lecture Building students. Around 60+, 30 Vit helps and you could have a +9 weapon before Shadows and the first DLC boss.

60+

But more importantly you'll want 30 minimal vit, 25 primary offense stat and at least a +6 weapon if you want to progress meaningfully.

Ideally, you should go in with 40 vit, 30+ primary stat and a +9 weapon

Or you cannjust be a bitch and run in at lvl 30 to grab chunks and come back

Awesome. I only did the Pthumeria dungeon on the first go-through since I didn't think I'd have a bloodborne machine long enough to get through (bought the game for 15 bucks, borrowed a PS4, and then ended up buying the DLC because I liked it so much). But, now I have as much time as I need as per my friend with the console, and I intend on getting further into them. At what point can I access stuff other than the Pthumerian one? Also, at the point of the lecture building, I feel like it's easier to just farm pigs before the Wetnurse.

Noted. I'll rack this shit up. How far into the Nightmare is the first set of chunks, and would it be better to cheese in there to get them or should I work my way to Mensis?

Lecture Building is accessible right after Amelia if you use the Tonsil Stone. Amygdala in the Nightmare Frontier drops Ailing Loran Chalice, Ebrietas drops Great Isz. After completing a dungeon you'll usually have the next chalice, roots and Sinister Chalices aren't necessary. There's a guide in the OP you could look at.

Will do. Tonsil stone comes from the WIndow dude at Central lantern, right?

Before the first boss there are two scuvying beasts and I think two? chunks lying around.

So that's enough to get to +8 right after Amelia

I believe any window after Amelia, or accessing Forbidden Woods.

The gender.

>mfw using beast blood pellets with a +10 Kirkhammer

Good god, this damage is obscene

Goodnight lads, that was a very nice FC we had today.

SNEK STRONG

For the record, I was even further away from that snake on my screen than I was on yours.

Good shit either way, see you 'round.

kek

Ever FC participant should make Webms

played kind of like an absolute fucking goober tonight but there were some redeeming moments

>linking to the wrong thread

Still, it's nice to see that shit working sometimes

>discovering Nightmare Frontier for the first time
>when it suddenly becomes clear that people arent turning into werewolves but into these bizarre monsters
I'm definitely not in yharnam anymore...

I bought a Ps4 with BB on Black Friday and so far i'm having a blast, i'm already at Gherman and got my 3 umbilical cords to get the bossfight but first i wanted to do the DLC before finishing the game.
I started waste of skin because i do my 1st playthroughs on souls games like that but right now i'm on Ludwig and he's wrecking my shit so fucking hard that i rarely get to the 2nd phase. Any of you guys have tips or comments so i can defeat him?
Also my build right now is pic related so some criticism would be pretty good so i can get my mind around this game and get good at it also.

BB caps are 25 then 50, so 40/40 is a bit pointless unless you're using some very specific weapons that scale off both equally

Vit should be 45 minimal and Endurance kept below 20. 15 is enough in most cases

>33 END

40-50 Vit, base-20 End. Softcaps are 25 and 50. Use a Saw for an easier time, ideally with Mensis/CD gems.

END YOURSELF

You should never get over 20 END and 20 it's actually pretty hight, 15 would have been alright, unlike dark souls, 40 is not the cap, so you could have reached 50/50, or at least 50/45 without a problem.

Vitamin should be 45 and always cruel fate if you aren't using guns for damage.

>first phase
Just takes time to get used to his attacks. You'll get there eventually. I like to hang out in front of him and then dodge in after he swings and attack his flank. Any serrated weapons (saw cleaver, beast cutter, saw spear, whirligig) rape face, so if you are really struggling you can try those out.

>second phase
Watch the timing of your dodges. You need to wait a bit. I've always done better staying close to him and dodging to get behind him. Only get a few hits in, wait until he does is forward AoE before draining your stamina bar on his ass.

Don't listen to these autists, you still get end gains up until 40. 20 is some meta bullshit kobra started.

>over 20 end
ahahahahahahaha

Not an argument.

You so get gains in END but they're unnecessary, you can just put anticlockwise metamorphosis and it will very hard to consume your bar, and you won't have to throw away 13 or 18 fucking levels.

This is an argument

>That build

Jesus Chrism.

Build advice: Endurance rarely ever needs to go above 20 in Bloodborne, and most of the time it can go lower than that. Very few things in the game use enough stamina to need more, and you regain it so fast anyway that you really shouldn't bother.

Damage stats softcap first at 25 and then harder at 50. 40/40 is considered suboptimal in almost every case. Ludwig's is a bit of an outlier in that regard, since it's the only weapon in the game that scales equally off of strength and skill.

Vitality should be at around 40-50, depending on how much you want/need/can afford for your build. A lot of my builds end up at either 41 or 45, because those get you up to 1700 and 1800 health, respectively.

As far as your boss troubles go, one of the tricks to remember is to always dodge into swipes. Dodging away in Bloodborne often gets you punished. Beyond that it's just learning his tells and when it's safe to go in for an attack.

The whole 20 end thing isn't about stamina gains, it's that more than 20 end is just usually not worth it, considering how Bloodborne is designed. Everything uses so little stamina, and it regens so fast. Plus, there's runes to up it further.

Anyone feel like helping out a scrub against Maria? I can consistently get her to phase 2 but I'm getting nervous and messing up.

Pass is bbg, and I am bl29 as fair warning.

Kinda fucked up the pic (this is the actual stats it's really not better i know )
But i went with a souls way of thinking the build and now i know where i went wrong, also not knowing the way the game works made me do some rash and uninformed decisions like the stamina one.

Is this boss specifically weak to serrated weapons or are beast type of bosses/mobs weak to that kind of weapon?

Beast enemies are weak to serrated weapons.

20% damage boost from memory.

I can come try. Never fought her at that low level though.

I appreciate the company regardless, thanks a bunch. I'm ringing in front of her gate.

>Someone played a Jewish trick on everyone else and convinced everyone that leveling END is pointless
I've been virtually dead from stamina out so many times, I've just been lucky enough that it's hard to punish it because the opponent can't tell.

Okay I'm ringing too. Not sure why it hasn't connected yet.

You're just bad at managing stamina, base End with a 20% Rune is fine even for stamina-hungry weapons.

Yeah I'm sorry, I just cooped with a few people at Bloodstarved Beast so I didn't think my connection was wonky. I entered the pass as bbg so I'm not goofing that up at least. Sorry for the hassle.

No worries. I'm gonna try restarting my PS4.

I too got a ps4 and BB on Black Friday. I'm only at the Nightmare Frontier and i haven't beaten Rom yet. I'm currently using the Wheel, Ludwig's HS as an alt, with the default hunter pistol for parries and the Flamecaster.
How is my build looking so far?
I want to be able to use the MLGS eventually but I just need to get there first.

Good so far, 40-50/15+/25/12/5/50 seems like where you're heading.

Another user, you still looking for help with Maria?

Stamina IS important, it's just that it's a waste spending levels on it.

It's impossible to boost damage via runes, so spending points on END instead of damage stats is a bad idea. Health can be boosted by runes, but not as much as stamina.

If you are stopping at a certain meta-level, then levels are your most precious resource since you are limiting yourself to a specific number. Plus respeccing is impossible, so you want to spend levels on stuff you will always be using.

By all means level END, but only do it after you've gotten every other stat to where you want it. Sacrificing 5 points of VIT for 5 of end isn't worth it, since a 20% stamina rune will cover the deficit better than a 15% health rune.