>SV650 pictures and discussion

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>6 pages about why you shouldn't start on a literbike:
?

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/
>SEM 3.0 Location poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScazO824cHFQyqffI1sxMTwJVxVF_ZgZXGk5I5Dw1_NAvemDg/viewform#responses

Other urls found in this thread:

revzilla.com/motorcycle/shinko-705-dual-sport-tires
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for funduro

why are niggers so naturally good at wheelies?

The red is the only model that can have ABS.
Both can be without but if I want ABS I have to buy the red model and I'm leaning white/blue, plus it's another $500

FZ1?

fjr i think

How was your ride today /dbt/?

>implying the SM is better than the S

i have an SM with both sets of wheels.

I did an oil change. I'm always amazed at how smooth my gear changes are with brand new oil. Then put my new caliper, pads, and rotor on my car for winter. It's gone snow here in a couple days, maaaaybe, so I got all that done just in time.

What make a bike a meme bike?

>tfw still havent had time to ride
but on the up side its starting to snow in the hills

E is the best model, too bad it's not street legal

Forgot picture.

Fuck this design. Stupid Gm and saab decided to make the caliper bracket damn near immovable but required to move in order to get the rotor off.

>not k

>best model
>not street legal
can't be

I like the forks on my S better

>traveling at 130km/h
>try to shift down
>unable to find the lever
>look at the lever
>it's hanging down, linkage is nowhere to be seen
baka

>not reaching down and manually turning the shift drum/spindle with your hand for every shift
stay pleb

Time for a hand shifter

Time to really test out that traction control

I'm no engineer but I don't like those bolt on joints

If you can ride it its a meme

big bore best model
I really like the RMZ forks my PO gave me

what tank bag is that?

Looks like the Wolfman Explorer Lite

I have one, works great

wolfman enduro

is it magnetic or do you have to strap it on?

they just bridge the gap between the upper and lower cages, all the other stuff is welded
for what they are, theyre solid a hell

It's all straps. One around the frame by the forks and one around the frame below the tank/seat

Is in Australia nigga

does that become a hassle when you need to take it off to get to the gas cap?

Typically there's a base that you clip the bag to, the base is what attaches to the actual bike

Still contemplating those Heed bars.

>no gear

just do it mang
then hang extra saddle bags on them too

He clearly has gloves and a helmet on.

yeah, it's a downfall of any tank bag on the DRZ. This one isn't too bad, just release one of the front buckles

And a hungry skid demon shadowing him

Should I get SM wheels or big bore kit?

>back from work
>park bike
>turn keys to P, next to lock
>walk out later that night to gym
>see rear brake light still on
>FUCKSHITFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
>fuck
>fast clicks
>fuck
>turn it back to OFF
>fuck
>didn't realize doing that leaves parking light on
>try starting it again the next morning
>same shit
>back from work and gym now
>remove bike's cutesie little 12V battery and take it inside
>6PM: attached 1AMP battery charger that i had lying around to little 12V battery
>10PM and some change now
>gotta sleep right now
>gotta make a decision

So how much longer shall i leave it charging? overnight? either way, I get up at 5.

But i don't think it'd be wise to 'overcharge' having my attention away from the little battery

captcha: road house

what's a big bore kit ?

Put your multimeter on it and see if it's ready to be put back in

We'll see. Got a couple small things I want to get first

And tires.

Cylinder and piston kit that increases displacement from 400 to 434+.

uhh, i don't have one of those

both duh

nah

Good the wind beat the shit out of me also this guy staring at my bike at the light.

cool, so what's stopping you?

if your bike starts easily you can get away with a couple hours on it.
if the charger doesnt stop or auto trickle charge just take it off tonight and plug it in when you wake up . itll fire up when you are ready to go.

Big bore, cams, FCR, and a better front tire

Got the FCR39MX, what would you recomment for the front?

how bout a seat

Can only budget for one right now. Wheels are more expensive, but might be more worthwhile.

Seat doesn't bother me unless I'm riding 1hr+, mostly ride 5 mins to school or 15 mins around town.

yeah lol I glued the gopro to my chin.

Tempting.

FCR 39mm carb before anything else, then cams, then big bore.
SM wheels are pure meme.

pirelli XCMH. your rear is good. As long as you don't mind replacing it more often, you will love it

So I just spent $330 on a Brembo RCS 19 master cylinder kit after I concluded my original master cylinder was fucked since it wasn't holding any pressure in the lever.

Well, after 1 round of bleeding, my brand new brembo master cylinder isn't holding any pressure either.

is there ANY CHANCE something could be wrong with the brand new stainless steel braided cables I bought?

Or is it more than likely something is fucked with my calipers?

push start the bike pussy.

The wind was crazy here today too. I was riding out by the spaceport and I kept thinking security was coming to fuck with me but it was just the wind blowing dust from the road.

So install it and try it out?

it's too cold :(

>rides his bike only around town
>doesn't ride for more than an hour
>uses knobby tire on the rear
psh

do you have the whole RMZ front end or do the RMZ forks slide right up into the SM triple clamps?

push the pistons all the way into the calipers and use a syrenge to push brake fluid up through the system from the bottom

Are they really not worth it? Knobbies are loud over 50 and I've been riding much more on-road than I expected.

The PO used a pro taper triple, and I think a different spacer between the fork and wheels
I think there are other forks you can buy that are compatible with the stock triple
PO also installed oversize radiators and gave me the old bent ones. Must've been a good crash.

Forget about where you ride more often. Do you want to maximize performance in the dirt or street?

Holy shit someone saved this, made my day user, thank you. ;;

Is this my old FJ?

Yah the wind on my commute is crazy.

no, they're not unless you're doing plenty of track riding where you'll actually be cranking it over far enough for the better tire choices to matter. You can get plenty of tires for your stock wheels that do great on the road.
I use these.
revzilla.com/motorcycle/shinko-705-dual-sport-tires

it is! I drew that when the guy you sold it to stuck the big white mirrors on it

Honestly he shouldn't have bought a DRZ if he wanted maximum performance in either area. The DRZ is a dual sport designed to be a compromise between streetability and dirt worthiness. It only makes sense to get a tire that's good for both.

Quote the wrong guy, friendo.

Noice m8. I need to break out the wacom and play around, I haven't been very artsy lately

It's not about how much track riding he does, it's about how much traction he wants when he gets there.
I ride 85% street and still run aggressive knobbies because tires like those are terrible off road.

oops. meant for

Neither, I bought a medium intuos a loooong time ago, I've pulled it out from time to time, not nearly as much as I should.

Do you think tinting the upper [or lower] givi screen would be a good idea?

At this point, I don't want to sacrifice trail performance for better street tires. That's why I was considering a new set of wheels, so that when I do ride dirt I can swap them out and use SM wheels for the road.

I can't afford two bikes and wont be able to for 3 more years. At that point, I'm going to be moving and may have to sell the DRZ anyways.

i wouldnt, not sure about you but i look through all of it and at night that could get real sketchy offroad

>mostly ride 5 mins to school or 15 mins around town
so why spend hundreds on upgrades?

keep in mind the SM wheels get extreme meme tax. Expect to pay at least $700 for wheels, or likely over $1000 for a full setup including tires, sprockets, and rotors.

I agree but I meant traction instead of performance.
The problem with DS tires is that the true knobbies perform much better out of their element than the road-oriented tires. My XCMH's are hardly worse on pavement than the kenda K270s....but miles better on dirt.
The only true advantage of a "50/50" tire is it wears out slower.

My total time on the bike per day is at least an hour. I ride as much as possible, but my commute times still aren't substantial.

Yeah, that's why I'm questioning if it'll be worth it.

I've never liked knobbies on the road. They feel wobbly as the knobs flex around. They are noisy. And they have shit traction, especially noticeable when braking. If I try to stop quickly they start to skid way before the rear wheel lifts up like with a street tire. The 50/50 tire I tried wasn't great either. My 705s (considered 80/20 street tire) are great tho. Feels just like a good street tire until I get to the trails where it performs way better than one. It's no knobby but it's surprisingly good until I get to grease mud. I really don't feel like they fall short (compared to the pilot powers I had on my supermoto wheels) except for when I throttle it hard through a corner in low gear where I sometimes get a slight wheel slip.

this is why you get the SM then buy S wheels.
>used SM/S same price
>better SM suspension
>S wheels $500

Oh and they lasted about twice as long as both the pilot powers and the 244 (50/50 tire).

80/20s are shit offroad. There is no way around that

Pic related, 80/20s on my old Tiger

Yeah, in retrospect the SM would have been the right choice. I thought I would end up riding dirt on weekends and occasionally on road, I was way off.

Swapping wheels frequently still gets old really fast. I prefer to just have one set of wheels that does everything so I don't have to change them out if I want to do the other, especially since I don't know where I will be riding each day.

The 705s are quite a bit groovier than that. As I said they can't compare to a knobby but for your casual dual sporter who rides mostly street and occasionally goes down a light trail they do plenty well, especially compared to a street tire people throw on supermotos. The narrow, larger diameter wheels by themselves actually make quite a bit of difference and help off-road.

Vid related.

tfw got an sm with Shinko 705's on it used

Ok have the 80/20s on my current Tiger. Still shit.

>worst of both worlds
wew

>got to top of a mountain with q3's

yeah, it's personal preference. The way the DS tires spin under any throttle in slippery stuff drives me crazy
I'm not really interested in riding any faster than I already do on the street. I'm not sure how the sport bike guys afford all the speeding tickets...

What are you trying to prove? I've already said they're a compromise tire for people who spend most of their time on road.

Also have you considered the bikes are a large part of the shittiness?

I mean, if you really spend most of your time on road, just get a road tire.

most fast riders hit the touge instead of blasting through the city.
Also doesn't matter how fast you're going. Braking capability of knobbies sucks and you could need that at any speed.

>tfw someone shows up to a dual sport ride with supersport tires and you keep having to stop and wait for them, or help pull them out of a mud hole

didnt happen once but ok

I'm aware of the risk. I avoid busy roads 99% of the time. Somehow cops still find me. Fuck NYS