animmex.net/video/26468/the-grand-tour-s01e01-part-1
animmex.net/video/26469/the-grand-tour-s01e01-part-2
youtube.com/watch?v=gWfVfwz7rTM
youtube.com/watch?v=4hVSSX2-q1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally top gear, I like it

3 hyper car bit was boring because the same test has been done to death

I really liked it until I realized that 60 second intro was the only screen time the Galpin Rocket would get ever.

it was comfy

for those who haven't watched

>animmex.net/video/26468/the-grand-tour-s01e01-part-1

>animmex.net/video/26469/the-grand-tour-s01e01-part-2

It is good.

I stopped watching Top Gear years ago so it wasn't as good as the last Top Gear I watched but it was better than American Top Gear and surely better than nu-Top Gear. I'll keep watching.

>that sounds a lot like the soundtrack from Dredd
>wait, is it actually?
>holy shit it is
youtube.com/watch?v=gWfVfwz7rTM

>American Top Gear
Oh god, unwatchable garbage. Even when it's things I'm ready interested in they just-they're worse than bad YouTubers

I didn't even try to watch the "new" top gear

It was a slightly better Top Gear

I liked it

Amazon must just be throwing trucks of money at them because the production quality is great. The first episode was pretty good I'm looking forward to seeing what they do.

hope the do more roadtrip challenges

>top gear
>Show explains speeds in mph
>Grand tour
>Speeds in km/h

why is new in quotation marks? Are you implying that version of top gear isn't new?

Loved it.

cheers

>SUPERCAR SUPERCARS SUPERCARS OMG SUPERCARS

The jokes were funny but all the super cars were lame. I know a lot of people dig that shit, but I just want cheap car challenges and goofy silly shit.

I feel ya, I wasn't interested in them at all. But I guess they gotta start big to the tune of $3 million, so there you go.

i guess we'll see a lot more shitboxes in later episodes.
I also really want to see Hammond and May knocking Clarksons House down.

P3

P3

P3

P3

P3

I really with these 3 would get an explicit ban on testing supercars. That always felt like the main focus of Top Gear (especially in more recent seasons) and they bore the ever-loving fuck out of me. Surprise, million-dollar cars perform well, I'd never have guessed.

If the other episodes spend a lot of time on supercars, I'll be pissed. Show me some '90s nip sportscar challenges, or an FF shitbox rally or something, or, fuck, Kei car bowling (with an old Cadillac yacht as the ball).

Just show me something I haven't seen every fucking week when I watched TG religiously.

The hypercars were cool and awe inspiring but I hope they don't focus on that shit.

I like how they didn't do the celebrety shit.

Production quality as always is absolutely stellar, on bar with hollywood.

I just can't wait for shitbox challenges and such that they teased.

They already said during the not-the news session that next week (and the one after) won't be a car show.

Look at all these poorfags.

If you pirated the show to watch it and couldn't afford Amazon Prime, it's no wonder you hate the hypercar challenges - Well boys, it's time to accept the fact that not everyone is fucking poor like you.

Grand Tour shouldn't pander to poors, cars are a hobby for upper-class enthusiasts with cash to burn.

they have to go balls to the wall with the pilot episode. the shit they used to do will come later.

heres your (you)

I think the three of them are really interested in those cars and have been trying to do a matchup for two years now. So for them it was exciting.

I enjoyed it, seems like old Top Gear. It's not going to be as good as it was years ago but it's still entertaining.

Maybe because Top Gear is British and Grand Tour is international. Nobody outside of the UK and the US uses the imperial system.

I love cars but something about super cars just, no.

never gonna afford one, probably wont ever even sit in one or see one of them in person. might as well have been nasa rockets.

I loved it.

But what a surprise at Veeky Forums crying as theres not a load of shitboxes, theres no way it would recoup its costs pandering to a load of mx5 fanboys

And any non NSX hondas are shit too

Watched with a big smile on my face.
Not really feeling the American driver, i was hoping they would have a stig.

I always skipped the "Star in a moderately priced car" or whatever the name was. Lame.
I hope they don't do that with GT

Not as good as it could have been, as was to be expected with those boring hypercars.
I guess it gets better once they get to the challenges and road trips.

Why the fuck did they get a NASCAR driver and not a road racer

NASCAR drivers are often good at other styles of driving than just turnleft, you know

I bet he was cheap

You really don't understand Nascar, do you...

In Nascar, there are no computers. No traction controller. No launch control. No big aero. No nothing.

The only connunication to the pits is the drivers headset.
The only monitoring, is done by the driver.

Therefore, the driver must not only know how to drive the car, but accuratly describe what the car is doing, any faults, how it handles, where the grip is at, how the engine is doing.

The drivers not only have to be rednecks from the deep south, but also engineers that rival Nasa.

It was good! Proper Jezza stuff, no BBC in the way.
Time will tell if the lack of censorship and restrictions will be good for them.

Burma does too

Its Top Gear but it looks like the hosts are going to need to find their footing for it to find its prime again.

Its gotta be odd running a show without the BBC's cock jammed up their ass's. Even more so with Amazon throwing money at their show, they somehow managed to one up their previous show in production quality.

Sheep corner looks dangerous. Does BALLS!!!!!

Pretty boring, not much better than Chris Evans top gear

Playing battleship with cars looks interesting.

Can we meme "civic for 3k" into international television?

they admit the metric system is superior

it's like the old top gear but with mad producers money
the Jeremy Renner jump was really top notch

that's a very weak bait
amazon prime is free right know you know ?

>they admit the metric system is superior
...bruh

The metric system has one advantage, base ten.
But the metric system abandoned that because the french are faggots.
si/cgs are inherently flawed because they fucked up the base mass unit.
They didn't even bother to try with electricity...

Basically the french are cucks who turned a unit standardization effort into an attempt at universal units that they then tried to shoehorn benefits into without actually thinking about what a universal unit system should be.

tl;dr
Both imperial and metric are entirely arbitrary, but imperial is actually useful in industry.

Just like metric it's useful in literally all engineering, physics, astronomy and virtually everything else

It also doesn't have any turns.

>useful in industry

If you say so.

It's got left ones. And even though they are wide, the cars are still basically drifting the turns due to the speed they are taking them at.

I'm sure there's some measurable difference between rights and lefts for a driver, but that's just practice makes perfect.

Holy shit I thought it sounded familiar.

Relatedly, how many episodes do you think until we hear Kavinsky as the background music? They loved using his stuff towards the end of Top Gear's run.

It's got right ones, too. NASCAR isn't just oval tracks, those are just 90% of them.

Couldn't watch because poorfag. Who won? The P1?

The only measurements Burma uses is size related to tangerines.

>that beard
>teeth whitened again
>dyed hair
>effayy
Glad to see that Hammond still hasn't learned

I'm excited for the next episodes even if this one wasn't particularly good. I wasn't interested in 3 million $ cars I'll probably never see, let alone drive, but they just got it out of the way since that's the cliff hangar season 22 left on.

ive seen all 3 in person (i live in Connecticut) and the only one that really took me back was the P1.

catch them in my city
youtube.com/watch?v=4hVSSX2-q1Y

fuckin no torrents??

>watches the intro to the episode
Welp there goes the BBC budget.

Good, because that car is ugly as fuck

Well, The whole thing with Clarkson happened right before they could do the episodes those cars were going to be tested in, after spending much time persuading the manufacturers to actually let them use those cars against eachother. So its very fitting for the first episode to feature them. I see where you can be coming from though still.

I expect soon. I heard some Danger during the M2 drive, so we'll see.

I loved the intro, mainly the bbc bants and the sentiment of rejoining together.

Classic Top Gear, the extra cash is showing a lot

Renner and Top Gear remarks were quite good.

Only a few forced or cringe-worthy scenes, bearable.

I didn't like the Nascar fella but maybe it'll change in the future.

Overall, top stuff. 10/10.

good luck all ye brave souls who stumble onto this link

It was a bit too american IMO, trying to be too big, too much theatrics and hype. And the american stereotype driver was just bad
All in all p good but hopefully they'll tone it down a bit and make it a bit grittier

>cars are a hobby for upper-class enthusiasts with cash to burn
Don't you drive a beat to shit subaru?

But the metric system is inferior for driving. You get SIX EXTRA KILOMETERS out of a 10mph "Margin of error" on police bothering to consider you a speeder than you do on a 10kph margin of error.

As such, Imperial Superior.

Margin of error is 10% m8

what the fuck is this cunt on about?

take your shitty numerical system and fuck off

Round here cops give you usually at least 10 mph or 10% whichever is greater, unless it's 45mph in which case you don't crack 50 if you can help it. So 30=40.

>logical smooth sailing

thanks breh i nearly used this shit.

anybody got an actually good link to watch?

I thought it was great already rewatching it for the 2nd time.

The opening with "I Can See Clearly Now" and the massive car heard to the new set got me choked up a little.

I agree with others that the super car tests are a little old and they should focus on obscure cars and adventures. But damn if it isnt good to see them back and to see Amazon THROWING cash at beautiful production.

>The opening with "I Can See Clearly Now" and the massive car heard to the new set got me choked up a little.
Same, it was pretty darn beautiful. Reminded me of pic related which also almost had me in tears despite me not even being a briton.
Just imagine what could've been if the BBC weren't such twats and let Top Gear leave us with the goodbyes it deserved. Hopefully GT will end in more appropriate fashion

>tfw this is the closest we'll ever get to irl horizon festival

They played "drama over losing top gear" card flawlessly - first scene with guys rejoining is moving even for me, and i'm not any kind of big top gear fan. Rest of the show was just as good as top gear always was, so it's great.

it always mildly triggers me when they're getting all of those cool supercars and then fall into skids/drifts on every "race", but i guess this is how you make flashy show about cars.
It worked with adblock (ublock) for me.

At first I wanted to say that you guys are worse than hitler because you don't let desperate hosting guy earn his server money - but then again, he's trying to earn it on pirated movies. So fuck it, it's cool.

CHEAP CAR CHALLENGES

DO IT FAGGOTS

there was a preview of some MG or triumph or whatever the fuck it was (some older UK "sports" car) lifted and offroading, so im hoping that might be a cheap car challenge

Looked more like a mg body thrown onto a offroader chassis to me

the first few mins were beautiful
rest was great too. some of the studio bits need some work, but yeah, its classic top gear with the trio.

This is the new stig
youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU

torrents.to
bitsnoop.com
torrentproject.se

I got super emotional when Clarkson smiles and Richard and James pull out from behind.

I liked it. It felt right.

>Skinner

What the fuck is on Hammond's face?