Cars that deserve to be talked about more

Cars that deserve to be talked about more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SATF79H2ZuY&t=14s
youtube.com/watch?v=ulJ27EcmVzI
youtube.com/watch?v=NytwmMfmHJk
lefthandutes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fiat Punto

mjet pls go

I think these get quite a lot of exposure for what they are. Anyone who's at least non-casually interested in cars has heard the name at least once. Doesn't help that it's featured in GTA V as well.

190e

e39 bimmers

That's like the go-to Mercedes to talk about though.

Too obscure to be talked about because no one has driven/owned one.

I did see an RS for sale near me not too long ago, but they were asking for too much, had too many miles, and it had baseball-sized dent in the fender because I reference body imperfections is relation to sporting equipment. Also, I didn't want to deal with maintenance for an obscure foreign car with questionable reliability.

Idk I find it surprising how many people don't know about it or appreciate it.

Also Volvos older than, say a 240 lol

insanely beautiful

Facken aye cunt

I fucking love Volvo Amazons. There used to be a chap with a wagon one restoring it. No idea what happened there.
That's a fantastic example.

Non existant outside of America and Oceania. Barely talked about even over here.

Then what the hell is it? I've never once seen this car

This or the MX-6 definitely don't get talked about enough
All I ever see posted about a K series powered car is 'muh MX-3/323'

I love the look of these cars. Too bad the performance is terrible and I've heard that they're not very reliable.

I nominate the VW Corrado.

>performance is terrible
For a sports coupe from the 90s it was pretty quick, especially for '93, it's still quick enough to have fun
>posts Corrado
Nigga that car is slower and way more unreliable than a MX-6, the K series is a great engine, where as either the G60 or VR6 are huge pieces of shit

I hated these even when they first came out. Doesn't look too bad front or back but the side profile is horrendous.

spotted the Amerifat

NSU TT Prinz
youtube.com/watch?v=SATF79H2ZuY&t=14s

and the Skoda 130LR
youtube.com/watch?v=ulJ27EcmVzI

I recently saw one of these in vancouver, either that or the model that doesn't have the spoiler and isn't as rare, it was still really amazing looking though.

I got the opportunity to get a Fiat Punto right now but the insurance would shaft me, you reckon its worth?

It is one of the cheapest cars to insure, how can you possibly get "shafted" on a fucking Punto?

by living in a shit area in the uk, plus its a 1.8

no that would just bring plebs into the fold

>1.8
>big
Sucks to be European doesn't it.

Hahaha.... No.

>mfw I read "fiat PUTO"

>Fiat puta

Yeah, Amazons and P1800s are pure sex.

He posts once in a while, he's slowly restoring it while keeping it derivable I believe.

Merkur XR4i

Heavily featured in Horizon 3, but past that I agree. Outside of Australia they're relatively unknown.

I agree. I love the Reatta.

Don't know why everyone hates this car.

Corrado doesn't have normie fame, but most everyone I've met knows what it is.

I think that's for good reason though.

Everyone knows this fucking car and Veeky Forums brings it up every other thread.

The testbed for the "W" engine configuration, but hardly anyone knows about it.
Honorable mention for anything with a VR5 engine.

VW did some weird shit in the early 2000s.

This.

fiat futa

>Holden ute
>America
What? Are you talking about the proposed new El Camino that's never ever going to happen?

I liked the modrn look when I was a kid. Now I really dislike them. The first gen Probes are nice tho.

I'm currently on my eighth Probe... Actually, I have two right now; 94 Wild Orchid special edition GT's with KLZE's swapped in. Absolutely love them. Also have a 94 MX6, but its not drivable anymore... Sat off the road too long.

Awesome cars.

There was a company in Colorado that was shipping in the unibodies and throwing in drivetrains from G8's and GTO's in them. Saw one in Phoenix a few years ago and it looked cucked with the Pontiac body panels. I wish we had UTE's here though :(

>VW did some weird shit in the early 2000s.

yeah they did.Correct me if I'm wrong but those Passat's came w/ 4,6, and 8 cylinder engines right?

Yes, they sure did

>automatic only
>fwd

it's never going to happen

And the VR5 in yurop.

It was faster than a BMW Z4 at the time and had proper nurburgring tuned suspension to go with the supercharged 2.0L ecotec engine.
youtube.com/watch?v=NytwmMfmHJk

>he thinks he can't get an Aussie ute in America legally
Allow me to open your eyes br/o/ther
lefthandutes.com/

Holy shit, want.

>Make LHD
>Sell in Burgerland as "Chevrolet SS El Camino"
>Rich boomers convince their wives it's a practical fuel efficient truck and proceed to buy them in droves

It's a shame that the sedans sold so poorly they never attempted to do this.

Holy shit you can be the only person in America with a falcon ute

I need this when I move over there next year

I love how they swapped in a coyote though

Nah, saw a bright lime green Falcon Ute here in Vegas, parked outside a Korean BBQ place. In a city where a McLaren is as common as a Camry and a GNX gets a "wow", I legit fanboi'd over the Ute

Probably some rich dual Australian/American

I would freaking love to own a ute when I move to the US, A turbo Barra I6 would be so good but considering parts availability id probably just go with the holden ute and an LS

The Barra I6 cars can't be made to meet US specs without spending a fortune. The ONLY Falcons in America all have V8's from American spec SUV's and Mustangs

Hipster Car

3.6tt

Oh, we can talk about this if you want.

We can talk about how the 3.6L V6 is such a PATHETIC heap of complete dog shit that they require timing CHAIN replacements before 100,000kms.

That was fixed in 2009. Please update your bait to this decade please.

Yes, 'fixed'

Anybody retarded enough to trust an engine platform that had engines die before fucking 100,000km deserves all the shit they get.

>timing CHAIN replacements before 100,000kms
Cadillac truly is GM's Audi.

There is one for sale in my area. 2000$ Cdn

I thought Veeky Forums liked wagons?

Wasn't it just a Cobalt with even worse styling and half-doors?

PUFFY VULVA

That is an apt way of describing it.

We do, I personally love that for the 2G Eclipse drivetrain/power train swap

almost replaced the mustang

Wait, what.

Yes, Ford for some reason though a Jap powered fwd shitbox was gonna replace the Mustang

Haven't really seen anybody talk about the Hurst/Olds.

Meanwhile the GN/Regal T-Type gets all the attention.

essentially, but it was also lighter than the Cobalt due to the plastic body panels.

It was very meh. The US market Contour SVT is cool though.

if you meantion Japanese cars to someone they all ways talk about imprezas evos skylines supras and rx7s but no one ever talks about the 3000GT.

That's because they were much faster. All the gbodys had special editions but the gn was the only one you could get with over 200 hp

>3000GT
they couldn't have shoved more gremlins into the electrics if they tried. literally the worst cart to do diagnostics and fix electrical issues.

>literally the worst cart to do diagnostics and fix electrical issues.
Hellooooo

bump

Plymouth Prowler?