/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #449

''More than friends'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677
strawpoll.me/11645517 (New)
strawpoll.me/11645519 (New)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Max is #1

Good. Someone made a new thread.
Now I can go burrito myself in blankets and sleep without worry.

Goodgnight /lisg/!

Pricefield #1!

Molli is #1

Night user.

I'm still looking for the source on that, btw.!

Sleep very well!

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

This month's contests:

strawpoll.me/11794775

strawpoll.me/11794798

Certain girls have been disqualified this month due to spamming in previous polls.

This general is stuck in a time loop. The same posts repeating over and over. It's giving me the chills.

Tradition goes a long way...

We loyal.

Keeping it alive. Them, most importantly.

And there's always new content breaking through, new little things to talk about. Bigger things on the horizon we are looping ever-closer towards... And it's also just comfy. Familiar. Sometimes funny, sometimes smart. Sometimes... not much of either. But always good ol' /lisg/.

We cannot let it go. Will not. /lesg/ is for forever! Even if not of all its posters are... Eh, last thread had 71 IPs. So probably 40-60 active uniques still. That's pretty good.

They weren't joking when they said we are stuck here forever

Getting some Ib vibes from this.

In fact a lot of those RPG maker classics give of LiS vibes now that I think about it.

>Victoria has 0 votes

Thank god.

Please tell me those two characters are not romantically engaged, LNA!

Surely he is a father figure to her, or something?!

Meanie...

>the torrential rains mixing in with their kiss
What a fucking sexy couple.

>What a fucking sexy couple.
ikr

The pool was dry before they saw each other undress.

I'm sorry.

Do we have any news on Season 2?

Stop being mean.

>Best supporting
>Dana
Well she does have a garment that gives her great support

Uhh... no. That was a rather odd assumption to make. LiS vibes doesn't necessarily equate to romance you know. What Garry is exactly can be a difficult question to answer (even his status as a corporeal being is up for debate), especially without getting into spoiler territory. Lets just say that I find it funny people can consider Nathan a beautifully tragic character with guys like Garry around. But one things for sure, a loli man he is not.

(Ib is great btw, would recommend. Sort of in that Yume Nikki, Earthbound club. Very memorable 4-ish hour experience. (There's a few spooks along the way but nothing that bad.))

Nighty night everyone.

This general still exists after all these years!

Is it still being raided regularly by crazies or is it all nice and comfy?

Night Alice and Dorothy.

(3am is is still pretty late but it's better than last time.)

I came in just two days ago, there's still two or three strange posters. Nothing like a real raid.

you'll stuck here with us
FOREVER

Cool

I see that vampire-girlfriend poster is still around though.

Still doing the thought police, I reckon.

Neat, I found a render for the user asking for tatted up Max in the last thread.

Welcome back oldfriend

Bit better quality.

Reminder that the series is set to come some time next year.

I'm gonna kill them if they decide to make the Bay ending canon.

>"I'm gonna kill them if they decide to make the canon ending canon."

user please.

It's gonna be a shit

>Calling the most illogical,stupid ending as canon

Michel please.

'Fraid so.

>their faces when live-action

Please, I want to believe.

We didn't believe you when you warned us about Episode 5

But this time, I'm believin' you user

The series won't make anything canon. That's not how it works.

>Bay Ending
>Canon
lol no. Not in this lifetime, or any.

I really want a redraw of that scene from Archer with Max and Chloe.

>"Max! Rewind! I fucking shot myself!"
>"Not now Chloe, I'm investigating a ballistic anomaly."

We got invaded by poland a few weeks ago but other than that it's all gucci

This was in no way Chloe's fault since it's physically impossible for a small bullet, shot at a curved surface, to do that.

Oh yeah. That was hella lame.
At least put some effort into your trolling. It wasn't even LiS related.
2/10. At best.

A "magic bullet" if you will?

Guys I think Chloe shot JFK

There is actually more to that comic: Max psychopathically staring Chloe down and not rewinding because she made her collect those bottles. I decided to crop those panels out for that post because I just wanted some ridiculous "Chloe needs help" strips. It's pretty funny, although that one maybe less so. (It still also is funny. Gotta laugh at her almost-deaths as a form of mind-bleach.)

Dontnod actually did make Max kind of a psychopath in that scene though, in that they didn't have her react to or mention Chloe shooting herself at all. Obviously this does not reflect on Max's but dontnod's failure to properly account for the rewind. The critique has been brought up before: it feels like Max rewinds herself too sometimes, and in this context that was especially jarring because the purpose of the junkyard stuff was also to get the player to play around the the power, introduce the mechanics and implications of it a little more. So a failure to account for a significant event like that is pretty disappointing. Like, Max just goes on instructing Chloe what to shoot instead of saying "You literally just almost died just now, let's not do this".

More jarring even, on the same note, is the scene that follows in the Frank confrontation, because that's not entirely optional like Chloe shooting herself is. We can pull the trigger on Frank and find the gun empty. Then after we rewind and don't pull, Max still says the exact same thing as if we hadn't rewound in the first place. She should have said "Chloe, there were no bullets in the gun". Obviously pulling the trigger in the first place would have been a fright impulse and she would have always rewound that if there had been a bullet in it, so better yet they could have made her rationalize the situation after rewinding along the lines of "If I pull the trigger, we keep the gun and I get a Chloe hug, but Frank is mad; If I don't, Frank takes the gun and while Chloe is not mad, I get no hug...".

>that pic
that's really fucked up as Tom Gould's rumour

>Max should've remember things after she rewound.So she could find a better solution for every choices
But user budget issue:) doesn't let them do their best and make things logical :^)

>Dontnod actually did make Max kind of a psychopath in that scene though, in that they didn't have her react to or mention Chloe shooting herself at all. Obviously this does not reflect on Max's but dontnod's failure to properly account for the rewind. The critique has been brought up before: it feels like Max rewinds herself too sometimes, and in this context that was especially jarring because the purpose of the junkyard stuff was also to get the player to play around the the power, introduce the mechanics and implications of it a little more. So a failure to account for a significant event like that is pretty disappointing. Like, Max just goes on instructing Chloe what to shoot instead of saying "You literally just almost died just now, let's not do this"

Actually it doesn't related with ''Max's being a psychopath'' It's completely poor development.Game takes it as you've never rewound the time and it was pretending like Max didn't rewind and saw what's gonna happen in the other situation.

They've made her retard,psychopath in our confrontation with Frank though-letting him die like that and doesn't rewind to just to fix things for Chloe since she got into trouble just to save Max on Episode 4-

That's actually exactly what I said.

And the same thing can be said for your second paragraph too. Max would never do that so it's on the developers forcing her to (well, ultimately it is on the player that has to be kind of psychopathic to let it happen).

I guess it boils down to that Max's power reflects on her.
-If she's calm, she can rewind with no problems. Time is reversed and Max keeps her position and memory.
-If she sees something unbearable or has her life threatened, she freezes time to give her an opportunity to rewind (Kate jumping off the roof, any of the "Game Over"segments where you're force to rewind because Max or Chloe is about to be hurt)
-If she is caught off guard, she can rewind hastily and erase her own memory or even move herself backwards (First use of the power in the bathroom, forgetting in the junkyard).

I know DONTNOD just said "Don't pay attention to it" but I'm going off what we see in the game and trying to draw a conclusion.
Under this belief that the power and its stability are affected by Max's emotions, if the storm was caused by Max's power it was because she was a novice and lost control of it the first time when it was activated.
Or blame the Prescotts. That works too.

i wonder who's behind all these

That emotional state and impulse affecting power stability thing seems to make sense and I can't be bothered right now to think about situations in the game where it does not work like that, so for now let's just stick with it. (Well, one jarring thing is that when she loses her memories in situations like the junkyard, surely she should have lost her memories in the bathroom since it was way more intense of a rewind.)

Doesn't make it any less of a dev failure, because dontnod never established this (certainly not in-game, and outside of it they literally just had no coherent idea about how the power works themselves), so it only goes from "mal-implementation of the power's mechanics and implications" to "mal-conception of the powers altogether".

is I'm FBI in this thread?

It's definitely the second of the two.
They intended the power to just be a device to help drive the character relationships (the real focus of the game), but that fails when the biggest single point of the game falls back to believing Max's power caused something bad.
Unfortunately the final choice solidifies Polarized as a mess and the game as a whole as being a poorly planned from the start. The only thing that saves it are the characters, sideplots, and setting.

no he's __ded__

Either way, /gsg/ called, tell us how Voltaire's nightmare is going.

Well, there is obviously more to the game - a lot of narrative themes and story points are done very well, for the medium certainly, the soundtrack, audio design and concept, the visuals, world and atmosphere building, voice work, some of the mechanics, the animations and so on - ...but the overarching integrity of the story does fall apart conceptionally with the finale. But also not completely. There are throughout that finale, and even in the very end, redeeming qualities there that I for one have embraced. Narratively, it does hold together to an extent, even in the shitstorm of flaws that is Episode 5.

CUTEPOSTERS WHERE THE HEAVEN ARE YOU??!!!

Hello!

Just in time!

The KissyCrate!

I was being a little harsh with that post. Indeed there is a lot more good elements than bad.
The only real bad one was the direction the plot took at the very end. Nearly everything in the first 3 1/2 episodes was spectacularly done.

The only storms in their lives now are their stormy huggies! (...Well, and storms in their bed.)

What will the Michel self insert be like in season 2?

Max's made a joke!

>yfw it will be the main character

That jacket makes me think she's back at the art gallery. But this time she brought Chloe so she can have both her dreams come true.
Having a moment of success and fame, and having the one she loves by her side.
I;m sure all the guests and visitors at the exhibit would find the two of them adorable together.

Nap time.

A more than fair trade

hopefully he will end up like this
>BAFTA / The Game of the Year Award guaranteed

I WANT CHLOE TO BE ELLIE'S GIRLFRIEND IN THE LAST OF US TWO.

>that :( at the end

My sides.

S-sorry, Max.

She your a Chloe. She your a Chloe.

I will return around lis 2, with my weird grammar zzz

Sometimes when there's a thunderstorm Max and Chloe pull the couch up to the window, sit down, cuddle, and watch it.

Episode 3 stream when?
I want to see based Nik again, also I hope they bring Ashley this time.

You know, if Nathan ONLY had a foot fetish it would be a massive improvement.

Considering how much VA work Ashly gets, your wish might come true.

>your wish might come true.

"I j-just wanted a kiss. God, I love you."

That certainly must be a nice way for them to wake up. To emerge from a dream to be living the dream.

>Ellie looks kinda like Max now

Just use your imagination:)

>tfw we'll never see them again
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM

And then they go downstairs to eat a delicious breakfast made by Joyce and David.