FAQ: pastebin.com/8EkUMikP
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/SEA97RAu
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Upcoming Games

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - December 23 2016
Preorders open at $31.45 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004

Heartful Maman (MILF Eroge) - January 27 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Presumably some point in 2017
Two other games by the Evenicle and Rance 03 teams (New IPs)

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

>Current Events
XMAS Drawing Event - Last week of December
Veeky Forums League 7 (2nd,4th and 10th December)

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangagamer.com/detail.php?product_code=1004&goods_type=1
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page
pastebin.com/iLcRW1Lr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All the reinforcement characters are from previous games

Well, if you liked Sill, I definitely recommend playing the earlier games.

IV is especially great if want a bit more to the Sill and Rance interaction.

Yeah. Even as a Sill hater she is good in the early games.

Its when the series expanded that she lost out.

I still can't get over how awful Sill was in KR

Rance is 1st in MG's weekly sales ranking already.
Looks like it will be a major success.

Its beating fuck all to be fair

Wait, it's on sale already?

mangagamer.com/detail.php?product_code=1004&goods_type=1

Yeah. Preorders opened on Friday

Now to see how long a preorder will keep the top weekly spot. That'll be fun to see. You're not actually getting anything yet, but it's still the most purchased thing.

Probably no, but I'll still try asking:
Anyone knows if VI runs on Linux (Wine) ?

If Sengoku does it should.

SR runs horribly, KR and Evenicle run just fine though.

VI uses the same engine as Sengoku.

I've played it on Linux in Japanese and had no problem.

Ideally it will maintain the first or second slot until launch (Something like Himawari could pass it at launch even if Rance maintains decent sales). Although the bigger question is how long does it stick around on the charts after it is released, Haruka seemed to have benefited from a long tail and Rance VI should benefit from word of mouth once people are playing it.

One of the threads on /jp/ tracks MG's order numbers as a way to get an idea about how their titles do. MG looks to be up about 400 orders between shortly after preorders went up and earlier this evening, presumably the vast majority of those orders including Rance as nothing was released this week and the upcoming Himawari isn't currently on the charts (and what it did get was enough to put it in first).

any chance for X?

MG claims VI will use DX9, I don't think SR uses it. (In fact, I wish it did, since that would probably solve my problems) Maybe it's the SLC magic.

Thx, interesting to know,

tomato purret is better

Fuck, I'm really hyped.

What? KR was Sill's best game.

How so? She had like no personality at all and the only thing she did was saying "Rance-sama..." over and over again.

I don't like Sill as a character but in KR the relationship between her and Rance is really done well.

IV and KR were her peak.

VI the biggest disappointment. 01 fine. 03 would have been better if I could mute her voice and her voice alone.

Like in the other games. She benefits from not being the main heroine in KR.

At least she drags your ass back to the Inn in IV, which shows that even though she is submissive she is still capable of forming her own decisions and take action.
She's way too passive in KR for my taste.

Is Aten also Mysteria's granddaughter? Or don't we know?

She is the main heroine in KR

KR has no main heroine, you can let Sill rot in prison if you want.

Just to remind those that are interested that our soccer match against /5N@F/ starts in about 5 hours so free up some time if you want to watch.

Follow the hitbox link here.

I'll give the heads up towards the end of the match before ours.

TOSH should be fixed

looking forward to it

Why nobody talk about magic da gandhi. She is a main heroine in the 6

Remember to buy Rance so we can get more games.

Because the few people who played the Japanese games here don't like her.

>She is a main heroine in the 6

Don't remind me.

Gandhi almost seems more important during that part of the game to be honest.

Its also kind of funny that the two subheroines were the most popular girls in the game

Because no-one cares about her.

She's a shitty tsundere that snipes time from a much better heroine, and one of the sub heroines is arguably the gold standard on writing an actual tsundere.

Even completely on her own merits, she's less interesting and engaging than her fucking boyfriend, Alex. She fucking sucks, and a bigger waste of space than Sill post KR

Because the other main heroine is far superior.

I kind of care. She was cute in Sengoku Rance.

>arguably
More like undeniably.

Point is we already have a good one so we don't need a shitty one eating up time better served to other characters.

Because she's shit

It's hard to tell just because of that since it's only beating some yuri title and some OELVNs. Even if Kindred Spirits sold well, Sono Hana is a somewhat different niche in the yuri genre.

Considering 1k sales in launch week means really fucking well by MG standards, that sounds good.

Once Himawari comes out, the sales of that will make it harder to predict how well Rance is doing, so I'll buy another copy the day before.

Isn't Sono Hana still fairly popular?

She wasn't all bad. The whole "Master Rance doesn't like me anymore..." thing got a bit annoying after a while, but the bits where she cheers up are nice

Just for reference for anyone who does preorder going forward, order number 239743 was within 25 minutes of Rance preorders going on sale, 240126 is the most recent known one (which was fairly recent).

It looks like they are going to have Himawari and probably Moekuri between now and the Rance launch. Although the bulk of the sales for both of those should be on Steam (especially the latter), which should limit the impact on Rance some. They also have the Ozmafia hard copy going out on the 12th which will throw a monkey wrench into following the numbers since it charts differently than the digital downloads.

Ironically, Sill usually shines when she isn't with Rance. Partially, that could be because she's playing the "subservient slave that's bound by an Obedience Spell" angle but it really shows when she got kidnapped in I or joins up with Bird in II, that she's the one pulling her weight.

She did get a little doormat-y post-KR, but it's still there, like how she sneaks behind Rance's back in SR to swap out the poison with laxatives.

Will Kanami fuck up again?

Jap version guesses much more. It even has "is it an alicesoft character" as a question.

Is water wet?

Not surprising.

>Japanese Akinator
>1st Question: Is it a character from an +18 game?
>2nd Question: Does it have a large chest?

FFA Just Watch is odd. Ashikaga fucking shit up. Shimazu was expected.
Tokugawa used own almost everything from Sado to Izumo but got steamrolled by Shimazu and sleeper Ashikaga.
SR is weird without the player smacking the little countries apart.

Try out the mod that user made

Anybody ever hit the end of Just Watch?
The game just kind of breaks...

I don't think that the fanbase itself is that big; they're just really devoted. Which is probably enough for the game to sell decently even without Steam, but not enough for the game to have any noteworthy tail. It doesn't seem to have a lot of appeal to yuri fans outside of the fanbase. Not even Dynasty Scans is advertising it.

In any case, chances are, the bulk of the sales was made in preorders which is why Rance is outselling any Sono Hana purchases made in the actual launch week. The same could be true for Rance, but it'll probably have a long tail due to it being a sex-heavy gameplay title.

How long has it been since the first English patches for Sengoku Rance appeared on /v/? I don't really post in here, just an user on a trip down memory lane.

Its not really sex heavy

2009 was when the translation was released from memory

>I don't think that the fanbase itself is that big; they're just really devoted.
Just like Alicesoft's western fanbase.

Rance games have a big latent fanbase because Sengoku

That fanbase has kinda died down over the years. We're still her obviously but it's not nearly as big as it once was.

hence latent

>big
Depends on how you define big

by eroge standards given the comparison was with another eroge

And it probably still gets dwarfed by the likes of Illusion or the former eroge-makers Type-moon.

Well obviously if we're going to include former eroge companies.

Except that they were already that popular when they still made eroge.

Weren't making movies and tv shows with infinite amounts of merchandise like they are now though.

Nah. Type Moon wasn't that big* in the west until 2012

*Compared to Rance

I'm hoping for the same but the chance seems slim

Dunno. She is pretty popular and maybe has that Planner link

assuming she moves her shop to the border and becomes one of rance X merchants

>merchants
When was the last time in the series where there actually were merchants? (As in, more than 1)

Sort of Quest if you count Amazusa?

Otherwise 03 or VI depending on how you consider last time.

>if you count Amazusa
I don't, so, VI it is then.

X is going to be a RPG again though and if there is a Leazas shop she is the logical one

Quest with Frostvine and Tama, and then in the remakes obviously.

>make it clear she would be willing to put out in 03
>don't have a scene

So was Quest, and still all your shopping needs were done in the same shop.
And why would they have a Leazas shop in X anyway?

Tama works at Frostvine's shop

I know, I meant that the shop is theirs.

Because they might spend some time in Leazas and some in Helman etc while in Quest CITY was a central base for all operations.

Are there any public Campaign codes for Manga Gamer to get some % off like there are for g2a for example?

I don't think so

I did. It was pretty fun.

Why rance hate gay sex. I want to see Patton x Rance

Fuck off /y/ crossboarder

Because he's not gay like you.

Ashikaga is oddly not shitty
I dunno why it wouldn't let the last 7-odd thousand to join Shimazu though? It hung up here.

>they might spend some time in Leazas and some in Helman
That's what they did in Quest and they still didn't do any shopping there.
It's also possible all of X will be in the monster realm

Rance is gay but Patton is not

Someone get Pi-R on this.

pastebin.com/iLcRW1Lr

Another successful session for the RanceRP! Perhaps our next Strategy Time will not be so regular? Tune in next week to find out!

I don't participe but as a rolist, it feels good to see it's working for you.
Good luck for the future.

The first game of the day will start in 5 minutes.

We're the second match.

Follow the hitbox link here.

always

The game before ours is about to end. Get in if you want to watch

its on

Kanami got sacked?

deserved

I love rance superking clear

How do I up the resolution in Sengoku Rance? I tried editing the ini file but it just makes the window bigger and the game stays at the same 800x600.