Just brought this bike the other day runs well and all that but is sounds like a postmans bike...

Just brought this bike the other day runs well and all that but is sounds like a postmans bike, would removing the baffles fuck with the performance of it? It's a Keeyway Supershadow 250 I believe

I had one of these a year ago, they are nice bikes, I couldn't tell you if it would affect the performance though

Removing any baffles would reduce the low to mid-range torque a bit.

Would it be alot of a difference?

I'm also wondering I have a virago

This is totally false.

Probably not that much. It would show on a dyno for sure, but whether or not you'd notice a big difference? You might not.

It is? Iv heard it a few times

Look, I have a V-Twin which I spent hundreds of dollars on the exhaust. You can rest assured that I spent many hours studying dyno figures before deciding what to purchase.

It is common fact that the louder and least restrictive pipe is the one that will show the greatest low to mid-range torque loss.

>loud cruisers

I can understand a loud sportbike. You buy them to go fast. ou pull out baffles, fit new full systems, dyno tune it all day, cut weight with aftermarket parts, install sliders, take it to the track, and go through a small fortune in ultra-sticky tires every year. It's part of having a machine designed specifically for motorsports.

Now, a cruiser? A 250cc cruiser? That's like putting a fart can on a corolla.

Accept your two-wheeled corolla for what it is

Hey man we're all riders no hate

We're all riders but you are pretty dumb for a rider

Not meming you here: My dad is a cop. He will sooner pull over a cruiser for a modified exhaust than a sportbike, because they have no reason to have them.

>he thinks he is an expert because he has a V-twin
>this is somehow a credential
blackguyquestionmarks.png

I used to have a rebel 250 with straight pipes; just sounded like a loud dirt bike. On a bigger bike, you wont notice a difference in performance and the sound will be worth it. On a 250 though, the noise isnt worth it. Remember, they're weak bikes; they need as much power as they can make to haul you around.

I am an expert, because I know about this topic. You clearly don't.

If you think throwing a set of straight pipes on a twin, or any cylinder configuration for that matter, will not reduce low end torque somewhat, you are not really in a position to be giving advice here. ANY advice.

pull the baffles and move the c clip on the jet needle 1 notch down. It will be better

Cheers my dudes, I am new to riding and I try to get all the advice I can

pulling the baffle from the restrictive stock exhaust isn't going to lose power anywhere. Maybe larger tubing or a shorter pipe but it's still going to have the perforated tube in the muffler and some back pressure. Id throw a pod filter on it and jet it too. more power all around

Also raise the seat and lower the handlebars for better aerodynamics (free horsepower), and chop off useless junk you'll never use like that dumb rear seat (more free horsepower, and girls have to bring their own bikes)

Also consider adding a windshield, or a full front cowl when you want to go really bloody fast on your new 250cc monster

Nah man I like to sit low, I'm not trying to win races I only drive around towns and occasionally see my parents 130 kilometres down the road

It will lose a bit of lower end torque.

I've spent hours researching this when I bought aftermarket for my bike.

You can easily learn also. 10 minutes Googling some dyno results should help you learn.

It'll sound like shit no matter what you do.

/thread

Agreed.

People own V-Twin, and perhaps want to get it sounding closer to a Harley rumble, so they start gutting the exhaust, etc.

It just doesn't work that way!

giving up so much power

man ride what you like. if you like riding the 250 V-Twin ride it man.

I like crotch rockets that's why i ride a crotch rocket

Since you want to be right here's an xr50 with the ancient honda horizontal single. down 0.2 lb ft for 500 rpm.

Thanks for the google tip.

Unless it's a full race pipe with a larger or shorter primary it's not going to affect it. it's not a tuned system, its a cost effective noise silencer. The baffle is a restriction, plain and simple.

I'm not going to sit here all night and argue with the "experts" of Veeky Forums.

The fact is, if you gut the silencer, there will more than likely be a small reduction in low-end torque. The rider may not notice the difference, but the dyno does.

The OP asked, and I explained this to him. I explained that he may not even notice this.

Sounds like there's a lot of fags on here running gutted/straight pipes, and simply cannot HANDLE the fact that low end torque is most likely negatively affected, no matter how mild.

Your reply makes absolutely no sense. Are you drunk by any chance?