Fairlady 370z alternatives/ input?

Fairlady 370z alternatives/ input?
looking at buying a 2010, manual 370z as a 2nd car (primary is a Hilux that is getting too stupid to daily). Looking for a fun, track-able, daily to drive as it gets garaged. best option thus far is a 370z (can get with sub 50k kms for under $30k AUD via work) but want alternatives. i am a mechanic by trade but the newer the better. i'm not scared of projects but after owning nothing but oldies, newer is a bonus. any other options to recommend? must be under $30k AUD.

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/cars/results?sortby=~Odometer&limit=12&q=((Service=[Carsales]&Price=range[9900..25250])&Power=range[250..])
autoblog.com/2012/03/23/2013-subaru-brz-tested-at-0-60-in-7-3-seconds-1-4-mile-in-15-3/
zeroto60times.com/body-style/van/
motortrend.com/news/tested-2013-subaru-brz-hits-60-mph-in-6-4-sec-quarter-mile-in-14-9-sec-95-5-mph-183407/
zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/subaru-0-60-mph-times/
ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7613
ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16368
subarubrzforum.com/36-subaru-brz-dyno-numbers-track-times/2943-1-8-1-4-mile-times-thread.html
motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/
nissanusa.com/sportscars/z-coupe
porsche.com/usa/models
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous option (which i was set on) was a Toyota MR2 turbo gen 2. was going to beat on it until it went before doing a 2GR-fe on it. was all a-gogo until i drove a 370, fell in love with the power curve and liked the freshness. I work for a prestige brand so i have become spoilt in the ways of luxury shit.

Cayman S
>Australia
Lel never mind, get a Commodore faggot

GenCoupe

Oh its you again

take your pick mate

carsales.com.au/cars/results?sortby=~Odometer&limit=12&q=((Service=[Carsales]&Price=range[9900..25250])&Power=range[250..])

You dont have to get a failcondunnydoor but for the price theres not much else out there.

Get a old VX or VE-VY and dump 10k+ into it and make a mad daily with beefed up steering suspention, tyres brakes and a engine tune.

You live in straya. Import a cool jdm car from Japan instead of buying a shitty z.

These threads are usually full of
>Nissan scum
>Pigfat
But I've always liked the Z. Newer the better, Nissan only refined the engine and platform more as the years went on (fluctuating weight though, 2017 is lighter than some previous years).

Fuck yeah, get it, wrench it, mod it, you'll be happy. Fix it's front heaviness and it's a fantastic RWD sport coupe.

>inb4 fat
3200 lbs is lighter than everything in the class besides the miata and gt86 which are lolnopower
>inb4 expensive
yes. if you're buying new, a gt or ss is a much better buy. these can be found pretty cheap used with low miles, though.

you know, you don't need as much power when you got a car that weighs 700 pounds less than an old useless droning renault v6 powerplant nissan designed by americans. but thats just my crazy idea.

BRZ or ND is the only way to go for a new

This.

I'm the cunt who posted the carsales ad and I literally couldn't see anything remotely interesting.

Mix up the car gene pool and import something.

If not jdm make sure parts are readily available online and easily importable otherwise local dealers will rape you.

As for a daily 370z sure why not but they are very bland and needed a turbo from the factory they don't corner or stop well stock and not fast in a straight drag either.

I find them visually unappealing compared to other early 2000s cars and the average ss will out accelerate out handle and out brake it especially with 245 or wider rubber and the sports pack also fuck tonnes easier to mod and cheap as shit if you want something different get a 5.0 vt Calais or vx/vu 5.7 and put all the money into handling and grip and it will surprise you.

Ive done all 3 imports domestic and off road and Aussie v8s are the most fun next to the turbo Barra and then r33

"it's shit, but a miata instead" - father of the Z line

zo6

Are there BRZ fags still roaming around?

First of all, BRZ is 2700-2800lbs. 370z is 3200-34000lbs. That's a min of 400, max of 700lbs. It's not as light as you shills make it out to be. BRZ is about .07hp/lb. 370z is .09hp/lb. It's still got better power to weight.

Second of all, the BRZ is fucking SLOW AS SHIT. I've seen minivans beat it in a straight line.

>b-b-b-b-but I'd tear that ass up at the track
95% of you will never visit the track and if you have the money for upkeep, you wouldn't be pulling up in a BRZ.

370z has far better styling, more power, more potential - it's a proper coupe, not a 2 door RWD Prius.

That's 3400* not 34000* lol, wasn't talking about a Camaro

But its not about speed, its fun to drive unlike the 370z

The 370 is great to drive.

Have you ever driven it?

no but its pigtfat and heavy and looks boring to drive I mean rwd with a heavy v6? yeah ok cool

>Second of all, the BRZ is fucking SLOW AS SHIT.

BRZ was faster than the 370z on top gears track if I remember correctly.

and the BRZ did it in the wet as well, with prius tires.

>I've seen minivans beat it in a straight line.

... people go to dragstrips with minivans?

big

Nah

01:27.5 Nissan 370Z GT Series 13, Episode 6
01:31.3 Toyota GT86 (partly wet) Series 19, Episode 3

Would it be faster in dry weather? who knows
>people go to dragstrips with minivans?

I think he meant minivans literally pass it on the highway with no issues, and considering its a "sports" car its kinda disappointing

what minivans exactly? no idea whats going on over in america, but our idea of minivans are like opels and peugot 4006.

you can technically pass a bugatti on a highway with a KIA as well, just saying.

Where do you live faget

rally country, Scandinavia.

your IP says norway

you might be surprised to find out norway is in scandinavia.

how much is a gt86 in norway and how do you feel about everybody driving a tesla

>BRZ faster than 370z on TG
TG test track is bullshit. Look at actual circuits. It got REKT on every professional track.

46500 USD give or take.

1.5l MX5 is a bit cheaper at 39k. a WRX, 4cyl mustang or 370z for comparison are around 90-120k.

teslas are probably more common than golfs here now, and I'm absolutely fine about it. They're nice to drive but I'd never buy one myself. the straight line speed becomes less fun after the first week.

Yall realize that quarter mile times vary based on weather, driver, and it's usually a bit slower than the manufacturer times? Autoblog posted a 15.3s 1/4 mile for the BRZ:

autoblog.com/2012/03/23/2013-subaru-brz-tested-at-0-60-in-7-3-seconds-1-4-mile-in-15-3/

Fastest stock minivan time I found was a 15.2 for the 2012 Sienna
zeroto60times.com/body-style/van/

Now understand that when you are going from a roll, horsepower matters more then weight. In other words, if the BRZ driver mashes the gas pedal at the same time as the Sienna driver, the Sienna will pull on him because it has 100hp more.

Good job BRZ shills, your "sports car" can't even beat a soccer mom minivan that seats 7.

motortrend.com/news/tested-2013-subaru-brz-hits-60-mph-in-6-4-sec-quarter-mile-in-14-9-sec-95-5-mph-183407/

zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/subaru-0-60-mph-times/

>2013 Subaru BRZ (Manual) Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.1 | Quarter mile 14.6

>Good job BRZ shills, your "sports car" can't even beat a soccer mom minivan that seats 7.

>Muh professional ran 14.6
Doesn't matter when most BRZ owners are having trouble breaking into the 14s.

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7613

Also there's owners dropping thousands on boltons and tunes only to realize they are barely dynoing above 200whp.
ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16368

Worthless RWD sports car in existence. Zero potential and only 3 grand less than the superior 370z.

>Doesn't matter

of course it doesn't matter. thanks for being a belligerent faggot when faced with the facts.

>and only 3 grand less than the superior 370z.

3 tonnes less anyways.

refer to here it's over 50% of the price.

>Doesn't matter when most BRZ owners are having trouble breaking into the 14s.
>posts links where everyone is running at 14.4-14.7

Nice job!

>of course it doesn't matter. thanks for being a belligerent faggot when faced with the facts.

Those manufacturer times are always over exaggerated just like VW emissions. Read that thread or any BRZ thread revolving around the strip. Manual owners are hitting consistent mid 15s. 180hp ain't getting you into the 14s unless you are on a bike. They have to do bolt ons and weight reductions to break into the 14s. That's pathetic.

>Those manufacturer times are always over exaggerated just like VW emissions.

motortrend and FT86 forum users are not the manufacturer of this car. 14.6-14.7 stock seem pretty normal both from experience and reading.

>180hp

and tomorrow it will be 170, and the day after that, 160. sometime next month we'll be into negative figures.

you know, adding power is simple and relatively easy. trying to make a pigfat nissan light however, youll run into some serious restrictions along the way, for not a whole lot of weight loss.

>14.6 stock
No.

Here's another thread:
subarubrzforum.com/36-subaru-brz-dyno-numbers-track-times/2943-1-8-1-4-mile-times-thread.html

Here's motortrend telling you 14.9s maybe:
motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/

>tomorrow it will be 170.
I forgot the w in hp. Realistically if it's 200hp at the crank, you are only dynoing about 170 at the wheel, hence 170whp.

>pigfat nissan
It's easier to take more weight out then add more power especially in a NA 2.0L. The same mods (jpipe, precat deletes) will help the 370z free up more power than the BRZ. You have no idea what you are talking about. Tsukuba which is nothing but twists and turns the 370z destroyed BRZ by 4 seconds.That's a lot on a track that's only a minute long. Pigfat my ass, go get passed on the highway by a Sienna.

>You have no idea what you are talking about.

at least I'm not trying to deny literally everything.

you even posted a forum thread yourself where people were reporting mid-high 14's. thats the bit I find most hilarious.

stfu user, it's a cop-out sports car.
It's low/mid-entry tier at best, you're just mad that you settled with it instead of spending a few extra grand for a better sports car.

You either spend big money for a 4 seater car that goes fast and is fun, or you buy a 2 seater that goes fast and is fun for slightly less.
Pay slightly less than that and you find yourself in an economical pseudo-sports car tier, like the mx-5 and brz.

>It's low/mid-entry tier at best

that is exactly what it is though? the 370z starting at 5k more than the BRZ doesn't even come with a LSD. then you're looking at 34k starting, though you do get some bitching cool brakes and RAYS wheel in that package as well.

and its not a drag car either.

It might not be a track car, but it's still a more powerful car.
Face it, the only thing you use your brz for is stop light to speed limit races. A 370z will leave you red faced, no matter the trim. Don't pretend you'll challenge a base model 370z to a touge battle on akina, or presume you have the skill level to beat someone on a track. Anyone who uses a 370z other than recreationally will not buy the base model.

>the only thing you use your brz for is stop light to speed limit races

we dont have any stop lights where I live.

>Anyone who uses a 370z other than recreationally will not buy the base model.

then you're looking at a 35k car, and I'd say you'd be retarded for not going for a Cayman instead.

picture related, some >Facing it

A cayman is 45+

figured that was OK since a 35k car is being benchraced against a 25k car.

or isnt it?

I'll set you straight
>The higher trims start at 29k.
370z isn't as expensive as it is in your country.

You're the one benchracing your Buyers RemorZ against an actual sports car. It's a different kettle of fish.

>The higher trims start at 29k.
>370Z® COUPESTARTING MSRP*$29,990

guess who is wrong and a complete faggot

nissanusa.com/sportscars/z-coupe

holy shit 37970, you could have gotten a good car for that money instead.

This thread has my sides in orbit. I daily a boosted 370z, buy something you like and make it fast. You'll feel much more accomplished

t. 12.3 second 1/4 Z owner

>Buyers RemorZ
>370Z
>???

>mid-high 14
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. At first I assumed mid-high 14s, then after I skimmed that thread, I realized it was realistically mid 15s. Face it, the BRZ isn't just slow, it's old people fucking slow. Who cares about donuts? The people who buy a BRZ are on a budget. They aren't going through a new set of tires every week. They aren't tracking it either and they won't be overtaking the faster "fatter" cars just because "muh lightweight RWD." You won't be passing a 370z. Hell you probably won't even be passing Civics. There is nothing enjoyable about a 2 door RWD Prius when you get passed by Siennas on the highway.

>three-shitty z
>not Infiniti G35/37 coupe

This. I had a 300zx. Boosted, RWD, 2 door, fast, fun everything. For $26,000 I'd rather find another 300zx and mod the fuck out of it again than ever even consider a BRZ.

>nismo editions
how about the 28k limited edition brz for comparison, retard.

>trotting out 2017 numbers
lol ok.
How about I make you feel extra stupid
porsche.com/usa/models
>54k for a cayman

Git fukkin schooled, bitch. The BRZ is not a good investment if you want a sports car. It's a good investment if you want an economical pseudo sports car with extra space for your turbomanlet friends

>Siennas
Daily reminder that you can ow buy a Toyota minvan with 297 horsepower
>We truly live in blessed times

I'm done, pretty much.

have fun having your head up your ass. I'm gonna have noodles and watch the rest of the grand tour

So much for pigfat memeposting