Help me find the right car

My back story:

Ok anons so I wasn't much of a car guy and always wanted a "muscle" looking car...

so after getting accepted to university I got a gift a 2004 Mustang V6....

So as i drove the car i started liking it more and more.
As I learnt more in my mechanical Engineering courses I started admiring cars more and more.
Then I discovered Japanese engineering and was fascinated by small inline engines pulling off 300hp and more.

So my question is:

I want to buy a Japanese car [No need to be JDM].
I have around 2k in the bank [I'm willing to save more and and I'll sell my car]

Additionally I didn't want to spend money on my V6 Mustang, because I know it's a bad start {over weight car} {I even lost to a dodge caravan and a load of pick up trucks, but did beat a few Honda ricers.}

Also my car has 130,000km... and I'm in Montreal.

What car do you suggest I should buy:
>NO SUBARUS,NO HONDAS,NO MIATA's.

Shitty b8

how is this bait. im not making fun of any car and im saying my car is shitty ?

I dont think you know what bait is ?

Honestly a ricer in standard is your best starting point since the whole reason you want a "muscle looking car" is cause you just like them.

Learn to drive first then step up. You put yourself in some V8 with a respectable amount of power and want to hoon it then its just gonna be wrap tree city.

You're just going to college and you got a free car m80

just save your pennies and ride it into the ground.

I used to like muscle cars because I used to think everything was mechanical in those cars, but then I noticed if you want to get a best engineered engine and car you have consider everything like the Japanese did [EVEN THE WEIGHT OF THE CAR, which Americans used to forget].

Also I started driving since i was 15... I lived three years in Lebanon, where roads are similar to Italy's mountains and Japanese Touges, only difference was there were no lines on the streets and no barriers... so one mistake and you die [No joke look up on how the streets are there.]

>EVEN THE WEIGHT OF THE CAR

>OMFG the weight goyms

Get a r32/33 gtst.

The gtr is ricer taxed and the yanks are buying them enmass.

You'll need around 10k to buy one that's not shit or auto and some money set aside for inevitable import of parts.

Failing that get a chaser soarer or Mark 2 with the turbo i6 and lsd but they are rarely in manual

I want a Japanese car!!!!!
No Honda
No Subaru
No Miata

Sounds like you want a Toyota Camry?

>subaru is the college fuck boy car... bruh look at my STI BRUUUUUUHHH.

>Miata is for homosexuals, i already feel slightly gay driving a v6 190hp mustang. trust the only thing keeping me sane is the body and the rwd at every corner.

>honda = ricer and the vtec meme car no thanks.

>Sounds like you want a Toyota Camry?
yes because the JDM only have those three cars
______

>Get a r32/33 gtst.
>The gtr is ricer taxed

If im going o spend money on importing a nissan GTST 33/32 then might as well save up for the real godzilla...

To be honest i truly fell inlove with the EVO 9/8...

humble looking car, not memed out of existing, will rape any sti, has that awd for montreal winters...

but then again to hard to find and expensive.

_____

so im looking for something cheap modifiable and rwd since awd is to expensive

Seriously it's like he said "I want a Nissan or an old Toyota".

If I was in OP's position I'd also consider a Mustang GT to get the actual mustang experience befote moving to a different car type. A V6 SN95 loses or ties with an NA Miata in a straight line with none of the cornering to back it up. A V8 GT plus breather mods and rear gears is decently quick.

5.0 foxbody and slowly mod it.

Inexpensive fast light and cheap.

not even gonna bother reading this thread but OP comes across as a moron

I used to really like mustangs, and ignored the crowd control memes...
Then when taking a left corner with great under steer, started slowly reversing my steering wheel [more like held it with my palm just so it would rotate back into position... and BAMMM C.C [crowd.control] KICKED IN, my back end leaped from side to side my front now was facing the the right side walk. Immediately i let go of the shifter [its an automatic ... just a habit], grabbed the steering wheel with both hands and alternated between braking and accelerating till i got control.

So that was my first bad experience.

Changed the tires, and discovered that my tires where deflating when my near death accident happened.

so it gave me the bad experience on the Mustang.

Also drifting with american cars is absolute shit they have a kick back when returning into your position after under steering.

_____

then why even hop in the thread...

Lmao dude mustangs are the best kept secret of the drift world. Learn to feel the the car.

RX-7

Lexus SC400 and SC300 basically a Toyota Supra without the rice tax and without the turbos.
The SC300 has a 2JZ-GE 3.0L Inline 6 making around 220 HP.
The SC400 has a 1UZ-FE 4.0L V8 making 300 HP.

Only the SC300 was offered with a 5 speed manual, but those are extremely rare. You're better off buying an automatic and converting it. There are kits, even for the V8 models.

yes if you change parts on it...
like suspension and tires is first step...

thx will look into that

except V6 Mustangs are fucking trash. The chassis may be a decent starting point providing you don't mind spending 2/3 of the budget to get it to handle as well as a stock F-body, but the V6 engines are trash not worth dumping money into.

exactly what i said ....

most parts for a supra motor will go onto the straight six, as it was the same engine, and parts for this motor are pretty cheap.
The 400 started out with 250 horsepower and was then upgraded (I think in 1998, but it couldve been 1997) to 276.
I personally would get the v8 and leave it stock, but if working on cars is your thing, go for the 300

but why bother with any Mustang V8 or not when you have to dump a ton of money into it to make it as fast or handle as well as the GM F-body twins?

The Mustang is only worth looking at if you suck blue oval dick. Beyond that, the GM twins are better starting points in any form.

V8 at mustangs wrap around trees very easy.. I have done that when I was young. But the Ford windshield are nice and soft broke one with my face with only 6 stinches

>blue oval
ive always known that deep down in my heart that the mustang was just a name and nothing more... its like a one hit wonder for the engineers and know they are just fapping onto it yelling eco boost and nicer body ....

fucking ford. only surviving by selling cop cars.

>No Miatas
>Miatas is for homosexuals
>I already feel slightly gay

Mate, the Miata is your only option.
>Lightweight as fuck
>Best Handling for the price
>RWD
>Fuckton of aftermarket

A car can't dictate your sexual orientation, you are gay mate.

Only thing they really need is steering mods for serious angle, but that's true of any car. You can keep them fairly stock if they're a v8.

Older Mustangs crap over the newer ones in terms of handling because they are so light.

You'll learn in time it's easier and more rewarding to get a domestic Brand instead of import and a 90s jdm will be a massive money pit.

Get a 5.0 get good tyres brakes and suspension in that order then work on the engine.

A stock foxbody with some tasteful mods as a base would be much better than whatever you think you want.

top kek... no thx since i was young and my neighbor got that fag ride i used to tell myself its a womans car

Well, yes and no to that. The new ones have much better geometry but more weight. BUT if you are willing to invest in an older car it doesn't take much (relatively) to bring it to the level of the newer ones. The foxbodies and SN95s have very poorly constrained rear axles stock and their front suspension and steering setup isn't fantastic either for grip, but if you put 30 grand for some stupid reason into a fox you would destroy any fifth or sixth gen you came across. OP could go either direction, he has to learn that neither murica nor grorious nippon make cars perfect from the factory.

notchback 4-eyes are fuckin sick looking

They look like shit.

you're gay

Goddamn right I am I wanna suck your dick faggot
Just not in that piece of shit

Nice meme bruh

I love this board.

they look like shit
hes right ...

i was saying that before Veeky Forums was made nigger faggot.

it was gay

>Miata is gay because it doesn't have the angry constipation face.