Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

I've got an ex cop car crown Vic, and I'm looking to get more power out of it. I've got plenty of money and am fine going beyond bolt ons. What's the best attack angle with these 4.6 modulars? Blower? Stroke? Turbos? Bore?

I assume most mustang 4.6 part fit? Help me out

>tfw eurokek
>will never own the most american car ever

What year?

Blower since you're trying to just throw money at it. Cams and head.

I'm not European? Wtf are you talking about you nigger

its a complete piece of shit

only wannabe cops honestly like them

I'm not trying to throw money at it, I just have the money if need be. Whatever is most effective dollar per horsepower I guess

It's a 2004

Panther bodys are fine if you know what you're getting. Only reason I got the ex cop car was because it was cheap and I knew I was rebuilding the engine anyways. I'm ditching the spotlight and rims too

>reading comprehension

Cheapest power will always be nitrous but you'll always be a faggot for using it

Cheapest power that isn't for niggers

>04
Nice

There's 22 on mobile.de right now. You have only yourself to blame.

Don't know how usable it is, but the tuning shop of Kenny Brown put out a supercharger package for the Mercury Marauder some years ago that added about 160 horses to the stock 300. So, maybe Marauder heads and cams and such a kit, or something like it?
Car And Driver writeup: /reviews/kenny-brown-marauder-s-specialty-file

Nigga i'm poor, I live on welfare

Sound interesting, I'll look into it. I'm pretty sure I'd just grenade the tranny at almost 500 horse lmfao

Get the heads, intake and throttle body ported+polished then slap on a supercharger and tune it

Well, then I hope that your situation will improve, so that you may become EuroAnon, the Ex-Cop Crown Vic Comrade

How much pressure are we talking? How far can I go before having to do bottom end work

thanks me lad
It will eventually, I should probably get a job or autismbux
Probably a job, I hate sitting at home

I would avoid boosting the motor OP. It would be expensive and could easily destroy your engine. It also adds so many other problems like cooling, engine management, overwhelming the tranny and brakes etc.

Personally I'd look at doing some intake/exhaust work and other naturally aspirated mods. I'm sure you could squeak quite a bit more out of it without getting into the dangerous territory boost would take you to.

Other option is maybe an engine swap? That would be more reliable than boosting an old motor that wasn't built for it, and could end up being cheaper.

Probably around 8 PSI
That should get you around the 350whp range with some supporting mods

The only thing worth doing to those 4.6 fords is supercharge. You will get the most bang for your buck just supercharging it instead of fucking with the internals.

5.8 liter V-8 and a manual transmission

>modding an automatic
>ever

Another attention seeking fag who doesn't know what they're talking about

when you live in America and the ONLY thing to do is fucking straight pulls on the highway, it doesn't matter. HP is HP and auto's are almost always faster in a straight line.

>2016
>niggering this hard

Crownvic.net is the best resource on adding power and other things.

Most recommend the "JMOD" to the transmission first. That makes it shift faster while also being better for the transmission. The intake is opposite of the mustang. So you have to buy specific aftermarket parts for the vic or you can relocate the intake to the other side (moving the battery to the other side or trunk) then mustang stuff will fit. 4.6dohc stuff won't fit on the SOHC, completely different engines.

>what is a backroad

>What's the best attack angle with these 4.6 modulars? Blower? Stroke? Turbos? Bore?
Swapping for one from a Mercury Marauder that's DOHC.

SOHC is worthless junk.

I feel like you're yanking my wing wong op

the problem with the 4.6 is that it's choked. You keep putting bandaids on it when the real problem is that it just can't breathe well enough to make decent power.
DOHC 4.6 is where the real performance is at.

It really depends how much power op wants. 450 and under the SOHC will do. More than that then yes get the DOHC. The sohc actually has more lower end torque so side by side stock there isn't much difference. If he doesn't want more than 450hp there's no sense paying $2-3 grand for a motor swap to get 50hp and a worse torque curve.

350 manual swap would be cheaper as the modular is a pos.

Well wouldn't swapping to dohc just mean a top end swap? The bottom is the same, right? And I was looking for 400-600 depending on what is most efficient $/HP and reliable

>what is nonexistent throughout much of middle-America.

>what is nonexistent throughout much of middle-America.
Not backroads that's for sure.

used ls with a big cam

>And I was looking for 400-600 depending on what is most efficient $/HP and reliable
351 Windsor out of an old Ford pickup.

Op here, pet me clarify that I'm not looking to do an engine swap. I'd like to at least use the bottom end I have of the 4.6.

Then your boat will never have power

Koenigsegg CCR uses the same engine.
What did they do?

/THREAD

OP is a fucking retard for sticking with this dogshit modular

>What did they do?
twin superchargers

prove me wrong 555man

Care to back up your opinion of the engine?

no it didnt

it had a 4v engine and twin superchargers

op has the shitbox tier 2v

The fact that the Caprice was faster.

Your original unfounded claim, your burden of proof. Nigger.

>I have never been to Texas through North Dakota
FTFY

and to add on to this

all he needs is forced induction to make power

Prove me wrong 555man.
My opinion is fact.
4.6 Modular has no power.

No one is arguing the 4.6 makes good power, we're talking about how to give it power.
>being this much of an unrepentantly rancid nigger-jew

>No one is arguing the 4.6 makes good power,
>Then your boat will never have power
You replied to this.
You are wrong.

Like I said here The DOHC and sohc are 2 completely different engines. The DOHC is aluminum block. Putting those heads on the other doesn't really do much for the amount of work.

Crownvic.net is a forum full of poor niggers and highschool kids who can only afford flowmasters for high mile P71's while shitposting how much they'd love to build a 900hp crown vic for 3 grand.

Fuck. That. Site.

Gears

If you really want to be stupid and throw money into a worthless P71, either get a Tork Tech blower kit using a terminator M112, or get a Vortech setup from ADTR.net.

I've given you two paths to building a 400rwhp 2v (done right) that don't involve ripping the engine apart, the rest is up to you.

What are you talking about? There's a guy that frame swapped a 80's Mercury coupe and put a 5.4 DOHC in it.

>There's a guy

>a guy

Go read the rest of the board, "a guy", who I know personally, does not represent all of CVN.

Even said "a guy" knows that CVN ten years ago is nothing like what it is today.

I've been around this group for over 8 years, its very obvious its mostly poorfags these days on all the panther sites. A 400 dollar aero crown vic just went up for sale on GMN and the replies were "dang I wish I had 400 bucks to buy that!"

A forum that's been alive longer than Veeky Forums is obviously going to have some pointless garbage posts but almost all the work you can do to a Panther is documented on that site. The real enthusiasts don't come out of the woodwork unless you prove you're serious since many sign up to post "hi I bought car how I make fast?" Then are never heard from again.

Marauders have a totally different top half of the engine- they've got the 4-valve DOHC 4.6 out of the Cobra Mustangs while the rest of the Panther cars have the 2-valve SOHC version.

The entire engine is different. It's aluminum block too.

Shit, learn something new every day.

Well, as a fellow Panther owner I can recommend two options.
1. buy a marauder
2. dont blow your money on your CVPI and buy a marauder instead