Are snow tires worth it?

are snow tires worth it?

>Did he have hands? Did he have a face? Yes? Then it wasn't us. Idiot!

If your car is rwd - yes
Fwd - neck yourself but no

If you live in snowy area, yes. Buy summer tyres and snow tyres. All seasons are basically worst of both worlds.

No.

I live in an area where it doesn't snow, so i might be biased though.

I've lived in the northern US from NY to WA and I've never used anything but all season tires with some chains in the back for emergencies.

Its all about understanding friction. Snow tires help lazy driving, but wont fix anything when there is no traction.

Worst case scenario, throw your chains on, and you are now a snow rabbit.

Also, fuck you truck guy who decided to pull in from on me on a hill then slide down on top of me causing me to do a crazy avoidance turn

I just slipped in the roundabout with summer tires and went sideways while blasting eurobeat so theres that i guess. Could be because my rear tyres are chinese.

If you live in an area where it regularly gets below 40F for periods of time, yes. snow tires are worth it even if it doesnt snow.

The tire compound grips better than other tires in cold temperatures.

If you live in a place where it rains often but never snows all-seasons are the best choice though

Summer tyres are pretty good with water, you will have no problem.

But I still drive on the limit of grip in the wet, especially on roundabouts. Pretty sure summer tyres would be noticeably worse there.

It's worth it but you can get by without them too. Just gotta be more careful.

im from buffalo so we get quite a bit of snow.
vehichle is a 16 outback.

Have all season on jeep in North east. Have no trouble with grip in most snow conditions. Only got stuck once, loss of grip in deep snow. Got myself out within few minutes. Was before I knew how to engage 4lo.

Yeah bro, throw on some chains when you hit some black ice

They're mandatory in Germany and they do make a huge difference compared to summer/all season tires in the snow.

AY AY HOL UP
WHAT YOU MEAN BLACK ICE

Ice that's practically invisible on a paved road

first day?

MUH AIR FRESHENER MAYMAY

THATS BECAUSE THE WHITE SNOW IS ALWAYS OPPRESING THE BLACK ICE

#BLACKICEMATTERS

shieeettttt maaaeeeeennnnn das rassssiccct

I'll bet you money that my summer tires give more grip in the wet than your all season garbage.

Putting these on the rear of my F-150 soon as the temperature stays below 50°F. Also adding about 350 pounds of sandbags to the bed. Northern Illinois btw.

Look like someone forgot to install the studs

Depends entirely on where you are

They're probably studable

Im in Connecticut

Will i need snow tires?

my next car will be AWD or FWD

What kind of winters do you get?

Studded winters master race.

from all seasons to winter tires is like night and day when it comes to driving on snow. A FWD with snow tires will outperform an AWD/4WD with all seasons.

Winter tires have better cold wet grip (

Probably a good idea to have, they help when the temperature gets close to freezing

Only if you ACTUALLY drive in snow, ice and shit

Not on the front too? I hope you like not being able to turn and your front tires degrading from the colder temps.

They help traction in lower temps as well

>snow, ice and shit
And I thought just snow and ice were bad!

I'll show myself out.

living in england all seasons (michelin cross climate on mine) are the best tyres to fit.
it doesn't get snowy enough for long enough to warrant full winters.

I heard good things about General Altimax, best tires for the buck. You really should get all four, you gonna need traction for steering.

>England
You guys don't get winter, fuck off

Yes, please do. >>>/Reddit/

That's what I said. There's plenty of places in the world besides whatever shithole you hail from.

>England
>calls other places shitholes

>Live in the fingerlakes region NY
>Snow effect snow all day
>Only have to drive 10 mins to work
I might just keep running on my all seasons.

RWD - yes, you are almost unstoppable (except for black ice, that'll get you no matter what you do)

FWD - lol you're screwed no matter what have fun fucker as you slide down the hill screaming and crying on the floor of your car like the little bitch you are

think you got those backwards

I observed and experienced actualy the opposite.

quite surprised actually.

I've had better luck getting up a gigantic hill in my RWD 240 than in my mom's FWD 850.

I never got in any troubble with my FWD 107, but I saw many RWD cars getting in troubble uphill and in corners.

Fuck why does 215/70R16 have to such an expensive tire size. Fuck off, I want those cheap 80 dollar winter tires, stop showing me 100+ winter tires.

#BLACKICEMATTERS

What could possibliy go wrong?

Supply and demand

Same reason why my tires cost $250 a piece in 245/70/16 and $125 in 205/55/16

59 burgers, first Google result kys

Wrong rim size nigga. Google ad analytics can suck a dick, just like you.

Gotta love the $25 tires for my kia cucktra