Dream Tuners

Ok Veeky Forums, let's hear your opinions. I know not everyone is a fan of tuning around these parts, but here's the deal: you have $50,000 to buy and BUILD your very own mean machine - I'm talking engine swaps, 1400WHP, etc.

I'll start:
>Mk4 Supra
>Slightly uprated sequential turbos
>Veilside TI exhaust
>Uprated injectors
>Tein coilovers (lowered by an inch or two)
>TRD swaybars
>Avant Garde M510s
>TRD spoiler
>Bride/Sparco seats and Tanaka harnesses
>Stock bumpers
>Maybe a few /osg/ stickers

Pic semi-related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HRgxFyRJ-Lw
cosworth.com/media/335568/duratec_components_catalogue_2009_v1.0.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=emd96IvBS0s
youtube.com/watch?v=PkmSe6QRg9A
thebritishcar.com/showthread.php?5584-TA-Performance-Rover-V8-Cylinder-Heads
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Avant Garde

20BPP FB RX-7 basically set up as a time attack car

>tein

You fucked it up already my man

With 50k, id get a supra for 20-25k, and spend 5 to 10k getting it as close to an Amuse Supra replica as possible. GT30 turbo, exhaust, ecu, Amuse hitech dampers, all-white car with white rally style 17" alloys.

As for the R34 Vspec... HKS GT-RS turbos, mild cam upgrade, 3.9 final drive and Ohlins DFV... everything else irrelevant.

>Ford Grenada
>Swap a Koenigsegg CCX-R engine in with any necessary supporting mods

youtube.com/watch?v=HRgxFyRJ-Lw

>AE86
>3SGTE
>Impulse Garage carbon fiber door, hood, fenders, and quarters, roof
>Caged
>Seam welded chassis
>Front spliter
>Fat GT wing
>Gutted
>Sparco bucket and harnesses
>On Tokico HTSs

Turbo-busa twingo, that's all I'd need

222D

I don't know if $50,000 will cut it because I don't know much about this shit but I want a 222D.

Ke70 corolla wagon, Twin turbo 1UZ or LS and some absurdly meaty wheels wrapping around some Snowflakes. Quad headlight setup, Nardi steering wheel, the car sprayed a nice Pearl White, maybe change all the Chrome parts to a matte black and lowered just a little bit with better suspension parts, swaybars, ect. Also a nice quiet exhaust but with a cutout I can open for maximum faggot points.

Just so I can stomp the accelerator around town like a fuckhead, but DD it to and from the city. Wouldn't mind taking it down the quarter now and then.

There are so many RX8s where I live, if I had a garage I would pick one up for like 2k and mod the shit out of it.

>strip it out completely, no rear seats or interior whatsoever
>REW swap with a single turbo
>dumb loud bov and straight pipe
>stiff Swift springs and dampers from Koni or Quantum
>all black exterior
>racing bucket seats and harness
>400hp+ screaming terror machine to race around at night with no plates on like the Ghostrider fag from Sweden

1970 charger. SRT10 / 6 speed swap from a Viper. Simple yet insane.

>tfw European
>tfw will never own a supercharged 2nd gen viper

Though I don't know if I would be comfortable throwing away $800 every time I hit the gas

I know I know but I like the platform
>NA/NB Miata
>KL swap w/ KL-DE bottom end and KL-G4 heads and intake manifold with a spacer to allow it to be flipped 180°
>p&p head and built valve train with reground cams
>port matched manifolds
>Forged rods and pistons, ARP fasteners main and head studs and bolts, new rod and main bearings, new gaskets
>New fuel pump, lines, injectors
Precision 56 twin entry turbo
>full 3" exhaust
>New bushings and Öhlins coilovers
>Sway bars and strut bars
>standalone ECU
>Mazdaspeed 6 speed trans and rear LSD diff with upgraded clutch, flywheel and throwout bearing and Mazdaspeed Miata brakes
>Hardtop

That's should do it

It would basically just result in converting my FD into a replica of this.

Mmmm, that's one of my favorites.

I think I'd get a toyota 2000gt kit car. Fucking aesthetic

about to start building a l28et engine and get me some watanabes. this is a winter project for sure but it's slowly getting there. This one is mine.

Looks nice. I have an attachment with those cars. My dad had a 240 and a 280 when I was a kid, and he had a stripped 240 sitting in our garage for over a decade, that he never got to finish. Still have the engine block sitting in the garage just waiting. But he sold it and shipped it to some guy in New Zeland

>BMW E30 325i from the late 80s
>S62 swap
>twin turbo
>coilovers, swar bar, strut brace, etc
>stripped interior
>roll cage
>respect your elders sticker
>all white

>Mk4 Supra
>carbon bodywork
>tubular subframes and suspension arms
>sequential gearbox at the back
>450hp NA 1UZ
>carbon brakes, wheels, propshaft, and torque tube, dash and seats
>Multimatic dampers
I'd also sort the hideous lights and knock the ugly out of the dash layout

>986 Boxster
>Audi 5.2l V10
>987 Boxster/Cayman S 6-speed manual tranny
>combine all these to create some ungodly proto-Carrera GT

looks very nice, i hope you dont flare it.

>03/04 Mach 1 Mustang ~10k
>T-56 Swap ~$4k ($3k for transmission, $1k for swap parts)
>Built 4.6L 4V Longblock ~$7k (Shortblock is $4k, I'm estimating $3k for porting heads, new cams, valves, springs, etc)
>Supercharger kit ~$6.5k
>FR500 Wheels + MT Street Radial S/S ~$2k
>Maximum Motorsport Grip in a Box Suspension Pack ~$5.5k
Total: $34k

Or I could just buy an 03/04 Cobra for 25k, suspension mods, and a bigger blower. Would probably end up costing the same as I won't have to swap the T-56, or build the motor as the stock cobra motor is good for 600rwhp which is my goal.

>No engine mods
>all rice
>No power

lol peasant.

You know Mopar performance sells an 800hp 8.4L V10 N/A for like $25k? Why not throw that in there instead?

>Veilside
90's called they want their brands back

>>No engine mods
>3SGTE

>>all rice
>Massive weight reduction
>Chassis stiffening
>Rice
Fag
>>No power
3SGTE makes big power
> lol peasant.

their best work didnt come out till 2011 tho

>sn95 mustang GT in okay condition but bad motor $1000
>coyote SC crate engine w/warranty $20k (750hp)
>wilwood brakes all around $2k
>wheels, whatever $1k
>ECU Haltech $2k
>custom drive shaft $800
>suspension shit $3,000 (including bushings etc)
>fix miscelanious car shit (AC/lights/random broken ford shit) $1000
>upgrade fuel pump $200
>e85 conversion shit $800-$1500
>clutch $900
I think that covers most of is. Then drive around a shitty looking mustang with that nice motor.

I really want to

I have my own ideas. I've always been a fan of sleepers so I try to avoid the sporty versions of certain platforms, find the underdog and then use the sister car's aftermarket support to my advantage. Which is where this thought came from.

Vehicle: 2010-2013 USDM Ford Transit Connect XLT
Preferably a fleet ordered version with only 2 seats, but windows in the back barn doors and the 2 sliding doors.
>Engine: Take out the 2.0L Duratec I4 and breathe on it, turning it into a 225 HP N/A monster using the Cosworth engine catalog
cosworth.com/media/335568/duratec_components_catalogue_2009_v1.0.pdf
>Transmission: Swap out the 4 speed autotragic for the 5 speed manual from the Ford Focus sister car
>Suspension: use front lowering springs from a Focus, and swap the rear leafsprings to under the rear axle to lower it. Use a front sway bar for a Focus, as well as sport front struts for the Focus.
>Brakes: piece together a decent brake kit. Most of this can be grabbed from the Focus aftermarket, except the rotors, which have to be grabbed from a Volvo C30 since the Focus has a 4 lug pattern and the Transit Connect has a 5 lug pattern.
>Cockpit: Recaro Sportster CS seats, Cobra 29 CB radio with a PA system, and a custom built stereo
>Cargo area (everything behind the front seats): Fucking campervan style. fold-away futon, storage bins, a working sink, a small propane camp stove, a small wall mounted flat screen TV connected to a mobile TV/internet wifi modem, an XBox One, among other niceties.

The ultimate do-everything sleeper.

>Amuse hitech dampers

You fucked it up, too. MCS or bust.

Whatever set up Evasive has/had on their Street class S2000.

Tbh, I fucking love all tuner cars. The Mk4 is the American holy grail, but I want the R34 Nismo Z-Spec. That's the actual holy grail.

$8,000 >'95 850ci
$25,000 >built ls3 swap,sequential turbos, methanol injection, 150 shot of nitrous
$4,000 >driveshaft, axles, rear end housing
$2,000 >wheels+ Toyo street tires
$2,000 >180 degree headers, electric cutouts behind turbos
$3,000 >coilovers, lowered by inch, sway bar, strut brace, etc
$100 >small spoiler
$3,000 >custom leather interior
$1,500 >gloss black paint job
priceless >don't replace car phone

1,500$ Sierra, Mercur, E30, whatever light rwd with fucked engine and decent rear axle.
1,000 - 3,000$ M60B40 with 6 speed.
1,000$ HX50 or PT6266
1,000$ plumming work
1,500$ Vems management
1,000$ mapping
200 $ shorten steering knuckles.
??? $ suspension and wheels

time to fuck everything

youtube.com/watch?v=emd96IvBS0s

>No engine mods
>No power

Turbo 3SGE

>All rice

kys

mah nigga

>stock body
>full trim inside with upgraded sound system
>TRD front lip & spoiler
>Single Turbo 2JZ with 6speed manual transmission
>T51R or bigger to get that maximu lag and lovely song form the engine
>rocket launcher straight pipe
>over 1000whp
>some kind of rev controller to spit huge flames from the exhauss
BIG meaty tyres on the rear
>drag spec wheels

>ls3 swap
"no"

build up the m70 you pussy bitch

>Used Toyobaru - 17k
>KW V3 Coilovers - 2.3k
>LCAs, bushings, swaybars, frame bracing, etc - 2k
>Enkei RS05RR - 2.2k
>Roll Cage - 1k
>Bride Seats + Harnesses - 5k
>LS3 525HP Crate Engine - 8k
>T56 Transmssion - 3.5k
>Swap Kit + Wiring - 7.5k

How to Build a Godmachine: 101

youtube.com/watch?v=PkmSe6QRg9A

> Maybe a few /osg/ stickers
Bruh thats too much horsepower

Opel Commodore A coupe built to Steinmetz spec should be doable in the given budget. THE Steinmetz Commodore was a 2-door sedan, but think the coupe is better looking.

The coupe

also, *but I think the,,,

I'd just build my truck

>Crown Vic or just completely custom front end
>Fuel injected aluminum dart block 427 windsor with a tunnel ram and bitching heads
>180 degree headers
>Tr6060 or built c6 with a gear vendors
>9 inch rear end with 4.56 gears
>Three link out back
>Repaint it the original hunter green
>Wheels from a 17 ford f150 platinum, with a spare set of welds for drag duty

>Opel Kadett (fastback or 2 door wagon)
>Aluminium Rover small block V8 w/ Buick valve covers
>3'' stroke, 3.5'' bore, for a total of 231 cubes (it's a 3800!)
>Stack injection sytem
>Do whatever it takes to make 350hp @ 7000RPM
>Jerico 4 speed
>Solid rear end w/ custom 4 link
>Winters quick change rear gears
>Brakes and front suspension if I have money left

>Turbo V6 Miata
I'd use the ZEM supercharger instead.

I'd love to do a 2.3 turbo swap from the MS3 or MS6 into either an RX8 with a blown engine, or an MX5.

>7k rpm
>Peak hp there
>3800cc
>Ohv
>Naturally aspirated
>Port injection
Whoo lad. Good luck. You'd need either 13:1 compression or some retarded valve train fuckery. Would sound mental

As close as I can get to pic related but with a notchback instead of a fastback, and Calypso Coral instead of Grabber Orange. Leftover money can go towards modernised suspension and brakes, and finally a big block instead of the 302.

4 rotor 26B
E153 Transmission
Tube chassis
Cherokee SRT8 Brembos
Cheapest coilovers
Fox Body Steering rack w/ double drive

Yeah, that should do it. Something like Pic related, but with the engine in the back.

Nah you'd just need to increase the torqe offset

Nah. Just whipped up this combo in Automation, and that program's pretty conservative when it comes to modern OHV builds.

C6 Z06
>35k
H/C/I
>10k
aero
>5k

That's pretty fucking cool. I would absolutely love to see a street driven engine like that irl. Especially considering its all Aluminum

ZEM super won't work, too many differences between the KJ block and heads vs KL, it's better to turbo in this scenario

>ford ranger, 1998 or newer
>302 crate engine
>tasteful 2 inch drop
>Recaro seats
>Roush exhaust

You won't find a manual Mk4 Supra in the States for under 50 grand. Maybe if you are lucky, but you won't have much money to spend on mods. Maybe exhaust, that's about it.

For myself, I'd go with a 300zx turbo. Aged very well, stylish, reliable, good tech, can make a lot of power without spending big bucks, and it's fucking cheap as hell. It's the underrated and underpriced Supra.

Most manual Mk4 Supras in good condition are $50,000+.
You can find a manual 300zx in good condition under $20,000.

Now if I had something like 500 grand, I'd go for a GTR or Supra.

Automation isnt the most realistic thing

it would be almost impossible to get a 3.5 block up to 350hp reliably without forced induction

those Rovers are shit for power and Ive seen dynos of 4L+ engines with crazy head work and 11:1+ compression not even making 400hp

I just did it with no quality bumps and was able to get this result, which seems pretty accurate for what someone would be able to do without a truly massive amount of money. Still would be a crazy engine though considering what it is.

>Automation isnt the most realistic thing
It's decent until you start really fucking with the quality sliders, then you can pull off stuff that makes no sense at all in the real world.

A Norwegian has come among us.

Too bad nobody builds them, because they're considerd British junk by most people around here in Yurop, and most US guys I know think they're just too small.

However, it's light weight and great packaging makes it a perfect fit for the tiny Opel, and damn, I love wierd and quirky swaps across brands that still have some kind of connection. The Kadett was even sold in the US as a Buick Opel, so a Buick-derived engine would be great.

>>Automation isnt the most realistic thing
I know. Pic related, featuring a severe problem of ''800hp jump in less than 2000RPM'' and ''Why won't the compressor slider go up''.

I find that the quality sliders can really closely get to cutting edge engine builds, like Engine Masters. Without the quality sliders, you can't even get there. Not representative of consumer products, I'll give you that.

>it would be almost impossible to get a 3.5 block up to 350hp reliably without forced induction
Thankfully, V6 Buick 3800's come with superchargers that are nicely sized for this application. Still, I think it's possible on a 10K budget - which is what I'd spend on my engine in this 50K scenario.You can pull of a streetable 11:1 CR engine nowadays, with modern fuel injection, and, as mentioned in , I'd probably get that kind of setup.

Forgot to attach.

>BB Turbo
>Set Cam to 100
>Fix ignition timing, turbo sizing + AFR
Please note that at this level of ridiculousness, Automation's boost control settings go ''fuck you'' (notice the 1.38 bar readout), and you're basically controlling boost pressure via turbine size.

I would drive the fuck out of this.

well the main thig is Automation is for production engines and not aftermarket builds I think

using actual head flow data and real cams and shit in Dyno2003 I tried to make a 350hp one

Pic related is some further optimisation.

How much compression would that be? How's the flow profile on those heads?

I'm not from Norway

peaks are
192cfm @.500 intake
147cfm @.600 exhaust

11:1 compression

300 duration/.506 lift cam

granted thats with port injection and changing to something else gets some gains

I'd do a z32 300zx twin turbo with all top shelf parts and some custom work. It has always been my obtainable dream car.

interestingly enough a 750cfm carb on a single plane manifold gives 350hp @ 7000rpm

the program could simply gimp the fuck out of or overrate induction systems tho

You are now. An honorary Norwegian.

Can't buy one of those for $50k. Try $70-80k.

dont do it billy. every mexican does it like that, they look like trash.
tfw all the Z here are all beat, no one takes care of theres.
:(

Can't be arsed to redownload Dyno. Could you try these:
>thebritishcar.com/showthread.php?5584-TA-Performance-Rover-V8-Cylinder-Heads

Intake:
0.100 078.3
0.200 129.4
0.300 185.1
0.350 206.2
0.400 225.8
0.500 251.3
0.600 252.8

Exhaust:
0.100 063.8
0.200 108.5
0.300 146.7
0.400 177.0
0.500 189.8
0.600 199.4

It's a program from the early 2000's, we're 13 years ahead now in EFI. Still, a stack injection EFI setup should smack the crank out of a single plane carb.

hahahahaahahh using a meme to build a car.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you.........................

I refer you to 350hp/7000RPM should be possible.

There's one for 28k asking right now on CL Houston. And a highly modified turbo for 48k. Both manual. You don't know what you're talking about.

with everything the same as in the 1st post

maybe an individual runner would be more accurate instead of port injection since its stacks

with that it gets 325hp@7,000rpm

Do you guys not know prices at all? you can find nice 300zx's for under 10 and closer to 5-8k. And there are TONS of supras under $50k. Two in my city, one highly modified. It's not 2005 anymore. Millenials don't care about cars, prices are not as high as they were. I can buy a 911 turbo for $20-$30k.

Wow a random dyno graph with no information. Cool.

3.5" bore
3" stroke
ported TA Performance Rover heads 1.94/1.6 valves
11:1 compression
4 Weber 44s in stack configuration
large diameter headers with muffled exhaust
300/300 duration .506/.506 lift cam

obviously its not 100% but Ive matched real builds perfectly with it before

>the computer meme tells me it's right
>so it must be right
Nice logic faggot. Is this what people on the spectrum do to benchrace now?

>I cant read

just lmao

if youre going to shitpost try not to look retarded

>4 Weber 44s in stack configuration
Should be pretty representative of a stack injection setup. Might be able to squeeze a few hp out of it, but not much more without going to a higher compression ratio. Thanks!

Link? Is it a salvage title? No accidents? High mileage? Manual conversion? How many mods? That drops the price significantly. Also you haven't checked it out in person. There could be a number of things wrong with it. There's a HIGH HIGH demand for Supras in the tuner market and the owners know that. Anybody with a nice, clean Supra won't unload it for 28k. Go check it out, get the full list of details, come back, and tell us how wrong you are.

I said under 20 grand. I stand corrected. Anons love to argue over technicalities. 300zx going for 5k are auto and/or non turbo and/or super high mileage.

I realize you can buy a fairly new 911 turbo or M6 or Jag for $20-30k. The reason behind that is because maintenance is expensive with those cars and they want to unload it before dropping something like 5-10k in maintenance. You haven't actually build used performance cars before, have you?

>I said stupid shit about it matching things I never did
>so its real
LOL okay faggot.

So you're stupid? Cool man. Literally dumb.

:eyeroll

nice damage control

>996 Turbo
>Wheels/Tires
>Exhaust
>Tune
>Coils

>Didn't even look for a link to prove me wrong
>Derrr u dumb

>I post shit the computer says as facts
>I post zero proof I've built anything that matches it
>everyone else is dumb

Maybe not a dream tuner, but a sleeper idea I have toying for awhile now.

>gen3 Caprice wagon small-block 305
I know a 350 would be better, but the thing is 350's aren't that common here and very rarely you can find a Caprice with one but you can buy one with the 305 every day of the week for under 2000 bucks.

Vortec heads, l30 or 31. Swap out the carburetor for EFI, megasguirt for the ECU because turbo that shit. Work the internals out to deal with the MAD BOOST BOI. Mate the engine with a manuel tranny. Make the chassis a bit stiffer, same with the suspension. Easily a 10 second car and +700hp for 20k max.

>CL Houston
>do my internetting for me
Where do you think you are you dumb faggot? This isn't your HS safe space. Kill yourself.

When you say PP, do you honestly mean peripheral ported? Why would you peripheral port for time attack? Peripheral porting is horrible for low RPM and acceleration.

That would be fucking tits. I'd probably go for the Impala unmarked cop car look for maximum 80s TV feels, but a wooden wagon steaming past Porsches would be pretty amazing.