OFFICIAL FRIDAY NIGHT THREAD

Why are you sat at home on a Friday night?

Why aren't you out cruising to the meets with your bros or >gf?

What are your car-related plans for the weekend?

attach waifu to post

i just have no friends

Meets are fuckin' aids where I'm at, 18 year olds in shitty V6 commodores talking about chopping golfs.

Car-related plans - drop coolant and replace all hoses on civic and clean mum's car before picking her up from airport fucking rip it's too hot for this shit bruh

Stuck at work till 1030

Crying because it was 80 yesterday now it's fucking cold and riding the bike this weekend won't be much fun.

Will be getting drunk with roommate when I get home though.

Don't have any good waifu pics on the phone but here's this

Just watched Roaring Currents with my actual wife. Am I welcome?

>Why are you sat at home on a Friday night?
Here every Friday, as always.
>Why aren't you out cruising to the meets with your bros or >gf?
Because I'm here every Friday, as always.
>What are your car-related plans for the weekend?
I don't think I have any this weekend unfortunately. I have some car stuff to do, but I probably won't get to any of it until maybe next weekend.
>attach waifu to post
I like posting something different every week, have a Shigu this time.

Your friends are ITT

I tend to save your weeb shit alot

>Alone on Friday
I don't have any friends who has an autistic love for cars as I do so I cant show my true power level.

>Gf

I hung out with a girl for about 4 weeks and she said "this pussy will change your life." all it changed was the smell of the car,and I dumped her ass quicker than a rotary motor with over 150,000 miles.

>Car-related plans

Fucking tranny cooler lines on my 97 Crown Vic.

I have a couple of tough decisions to make this week and I pretty much have given up on drinking fri/sat night etc..

It finally happened and I don' treally know what to do, someone already said don't fear change but I honestly don't know what to do or what will happen next week. Not that anyone here gives a shit, but this would be a huge opportunity/advancement for me.

I got a call from a company today, I haven't really been looking for employment elsewhere but figured I would at least do a phone interview with zero notice beforehand, They scheduled me for an in person interview for next week, So technically this is a win win situation, I already have a job and even though I am stressed out here, they still employ me and I enjoy the work. If they decide not to hire me, that is ok and I'll continue working where I am now and focus on more cert training.

Looks like I'm going to mens warehouse tomorrow to pick out a new suit, I want the job but don't really want to leave right now nor was I planning this, it sort of just happened.

Sorentobro here

Best of luck on the Vic senpai, if I knew a fucking thing about cars I'd accomodate your car autism - mines oriented toward video games and art

>16184655 thanks dude idk I bought it the Vic for 2000 with 130,000 miles on it I expected to have to fix some shit.

how do I fuck up that bad

I'm home on a Friday night because I don't have any friends that go out and do things on the weekends at school or in my hometown. I'm home from Uni because tomorrow is my 22nd birthday and I don't even have my miata to cheer me up because his tire has a leak and I didn't want to risk it blowing on the highway.

Moved, no friends, etc

Nobody likes cars in Vermont. There's Subarus, GM Saabs and FWD Volvos. That's about it.

Say hi to Bernie for me

Whoops might've gotten you mixed up with someone else, he's got a Mercury brand one that had a misfire in cylinder 8

I'll relay that to Captain Phillips instead mate. Every Trump sign in this area was vandalized.

Sitting at home playing WoW. Probably gonna take the roof off the Sol later and cruise.

>I don't have a waifu.

>why are you home
Because I got pokemon and no one asked me to do anything
>gf
21, 9 years till wizard status
I too have a Sol

I'm in on a Friday night because I'm an exhausted fucking graduate student and I just want to get hammered in peace and go to bed.

I've barely had the energy to hold my head up since I got home from work. At least there's only 18 more months of this until degree, r-right?

No plans for the weekend, I got fucking papers to write and get finished over Thanksgiving.

>21, 9 years till wizard status
>I too have a Sol
So far were the same person. I will post my Sol.
>Please don't be sideways.

>that fence
You in Detroit, but nice rims. This one is mine 218k miles and still pushing hard.
>we the same
Are we clones?

>Detroit
Nah, Southern California lol. Got my rims not too long ago, they're meme rims but I like how they look.
The cars currently sitting at just over 130k miles.

>just
Seems real good. It's gonna suck when I replace her gonna miss all the shit box feels but this is if I find anything I want

I'm not in any finacial position to replace her right now. If I do end up getting another car, probably just gonna keep her as a weekend car or something.
I already lost 1 Del Sol, not losing another one lol.

How did you lose the other one, and yeah I'm not sure what I will do with this one since if I sell it to a dealer they will only give me maybe 300 dollars

Guy pulled out in front of me, I was going 45 and T-Boned him. Shit sucked, I went to the hospital, he was able to walk away.
He had some shit insurance too. Took me over a year to get any form of payment from them.

That fucking sucks man, probably my biggest fear is getting in a wreak and getting screwed over with insurance AND going to the hospital since a Del Sol isn't going to do jack shit to save me

sitting here watching my girlfriend play some old dragon age game on 360, and shitposting on a my summer car general.

also downloading the new grand tour episode. FULL OF EXCITE BR/O/S

My day off today, but my payday is a week off.

Got 15 bucks on PSN for free, bought Need For Speed Deluxe 2015 because lol 11 dollars, it's actually not that bad if you don't mind the horrific handling physics.

Beyond that, grilled up a few steaks for dinner, contemplated my next move for the Z, and played a little Battlefield

Oh shit man. I just started some youtube videos of some gameplay. Nostalgia overload, I must have it!

I drove all day for the hell of it. Got home a little bit ago and now I'm doing laundry. I'm a mad man.

It isn't as good as U2 in the physics department, and the cutscenes are Chris-chan tier autistic and cringeworthy, but it's good that NFS is finally getting back to the good old days of Most Wanted and Carbon

Because I'm an alcoholic, driving drunk is dangerous, I've alienated myself from everyone that ever cared about me, and no one at the meets likes me because I'm laid back instead of a memeing faggot trying to stoplight race every god damn person there including the people that rode with someone else.

I spent my day fighting a bmw vibration damper and failing to get a driveshaft out.

Don't want to waste gas desu, but I might go cruise for 30mins

Plans to finish dropping driveshaft (might have to pull diff), start on removing trans. then sunday an oil change and wire some radio.

I wish I could see how many hours I have put into NFS games throughout my life. I'm sure it would be pathetic.

I'll tell this here.
>at red light with a Jetta next to me
>It's fucking on
>Light turns green
>I'm going and beating the Jetta
>VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>A fucking impala was on the other side of the Jetta and he smoked the shit out of both of us
I didn't even realize it was there. I know my car isn't the king of the streets but I didn't expect to lose like that. It was a sure thing as far as I could tell.

Are you sure that the "non-memeing laid back" shit is really why they dont fuck with you? You think maybe that its because you're a functional alcoholic, and to everyone else it's obvious that you're a drunk, while you think you're going about business as usual.

Maybe they don't want to deal with a liability of you.

I would chug road beers with you and hoon. Be careful out there.

That's pretty cool you had a 3 car drag though

Wat car do you drive?

Impalas are good sleepers.

ALMOST FINISHED

It's good.

Literally just Top Gear with a new name, so it's perfect.

I wish I got it on camera
GTI

Some times the best moments in life are too enjoyable to film my friend. I wish I could drag race people but no ever wants to or I just never get to the light correctly

I don't leave the house while drunk, ever. It's probably more that I'm "old" to them, and I know when they're lying about "internal engine mods" and call them on it.

And I say alcoholic, but I'm never drunk during the day, and my hangovers really just present as me being tired. But on Friday night I'd prefer to be in the garage drinking, than at the cancerous car meets.

I'd still get sauced with ya. Sounds like a good time compared to a pissing contest.

>and to everyone else it's obvious that you're a drunk, while you think you're going about business as usual.
Holy shit this might be me what are the signs?

No one posting pictures of their nigh driving moments?

Bretty sad.

idk man, i used to drink like an 18 pack a day and i know that when i thought i was being normal me that everyone else can smell it and can just tell. it's like when you smoke cigarettes and go near other people and you dont realize how bad you actually smell

Sounds like a plan, love to drinks a few beers and wrench on my cars. Unfortunately I have nothing work on at the moment. Could put a new PS pump on the Jeep, but I've been too lazy to go buy a new one.

you can help me do stuff to my car then, where you at? NC here

Close, but so far away. KY here.

>car is very dirty
>cant wash car today bc of work
>today was a high of 76 degrees and sunny all day
>tomorrows forecast: low 40s and rain

well fuck. my FA20 needs new spark plugs. YOU KNOW YOU CANT WAIT TO HELP

You're right about that. Damn shame. One of the guys at the AutoZone here is trying really hard to make friends with me, and he wants me to help him learn about wrenching. Maybe I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Are you doing like 25MPH on the expressway?

>there was supposed to be a time attack style event at the track from 6pm til midnight.
>cancelled because of the rain
>it stops raining
>go to the shop to leave some Aerocatch hood pins I sold and pick up a sweet ol' GReddy Profec A
>"muh Pressure Offensive Controller"
>it begins to rain again
>raining hard as fuck
>3rd world streets become fucking lakes
>mfw I drive at 50km/h and cringe and shout everytime I drive through a fucking huge puddle because I'm afraid something bad will happen to the engine
>hear the alternator pulley screech
>tfw you're not even enjoying your nip 90s tarbo shittoboxu because it's raining as fuck
>tfw no gf to cuddle with instead of cringeing and pointlessly burning premium fuel

Feels bad, mane. Fucking waste of a friday...fucking waste of a life.

I'm avoiding changing them as long as I can. I need to just quit being a pussy and start on it.

Also
>that guy lighting the cigarette
tries to sell me any, and everything everytime I'm in there
and not real sure, just saw that dude asked about night driving pictures, and i saw that in my gallery. no clue who i was sending it to, or why i took it. but there it is.

my guess is i was really stoned.

this road is a 4-lane with a turn in the middle going up a decent grade to a small mountain town off of the Appalachian Mountians. at night it gets really desolate and if i'm stoned and chilling then i'm definitely not in a hurry. speed limit is only 45 at this point anyway, fuck it.

Can't stand the guys that either work on commission, or try to sell shit as if they do. My guys only get a kickback on wipers, belts, and air filters, and they have to prove they need replacing.

The other post was also me, just seems like a big road to be going that slow.

>Not having uninsured/underinsured in your policy

Oh it is a big road, but I'm in rural North Carolina, and this place gets quiet as fuck at night. I might see 2 cars during a 45 mile drive in this area. Usually ends up with some hooning.

I'm about 2 hours from the tail of the dragon or whatever. Never been, but want to. Also don't see the point in going when roads that are 20 minutes away are nothing but twisties.

I'm sorry for your loss, user.

F

Sounds really similar to the area here. An ambulance just left the hospital about six miles away, I heard the siren come on, and I could hear it for 9 minutes after it passed the house and stopped in the next town. Shit it dead outside.

Been to the dragon a few times, it's fun but really popular, so big chance of people being in the way.

Just got home

Found out a couple of other local FD owners were getting together in my area so we all went for a spirited drive in the mountains.

Turns out, everyone who rocked up owns either white or black FD's

Incredibly similar to here haha. I'm really thinking about going and getting a session in, but it's a Friday night and I border a college town. Probably a bad idea. Probably should stay in and drink and smoke.

Probably won't listen to myself.

Where is this, user?

>ere is this, user?

'Straya

BLOODY HELL YA CUNT LOOKS FUN

(did i do gud?)

No. Kys

>white FD has no wiper
are rear windshield wipers just removable? or is it a different package or something?

>It isn't as good as U2 in the physics department,
Must be shitty as fuck in that case.
>good old days of Most Wanted and Carbon
If that's the "good old days" of NFS to you, you must be young as fuck. I still have the original 3DO version of NFS1 (and Road Rash, while we're at it) around here somewhere.

>ROAD RASH

That game is my shit dude. Sketchy chinese emulator websites here I come.

Also, got behind this thing on the way home earlier. I feel like there just might be drugs on board.

plsdontbesideways

Everything on a car is removable, including these wipers.

Its an almost 100% stock series 8 (just exhaust, adjustable coil overs and ugly ass wheels with good ass rubber on them) he probably just removed it because it, like most rear wipers, are useless

i found dirt this time. bretty scary.

oh jesus i didnt even look at the wheels. those are downright disrespectful to that car.

Fun little anecdote. I heard a car alarm for about 5 minutes going off. Was texting my brother about bullshit and he complained about the alarm going off in his neighborhood. He lives on the other side of town about 15 miles away.

Wow man, you might have me beat on the small town-ness scale now.

I just went out to smoke a cig and watched a drunk college kid drop all his groceries down the building stairwell. There's fucking milk everywhere over there. Now I want chocolate milk.

I really don't understand how it gets quiet, I'm in a college town, EKU, and the bars just closed.

Would have passed myself if I saw that. Chuckled just reading it. But I'm on the edge of town, don't get college students out here. Except the one kid down the street that stayed at home while in college. He's almost a shut-in though.

Well it's a very small college that is growing in popularity very, very fast, but it was built in a town that just can't handle the population increase nor the infrastructure. It's so congested that most people live kind of outside the "downtown" part.

And the downtown part is 1 street.

Once 2 a.m. passes it will get a little rowdy until everyone jams fast food in their faces, and then they'll all go back to their apartments in the middle of fucking nowhere.

If you go hang around a couple of places in town it's gonna get as noisy as any other city with college kids.

But drive 5 minutes in almost any direction and you're in bum-fuck egypt.

I'll show you in a minute.

>mfw my FD is white, too

Glad I'm not the only one on this board with one, it gets lonely with all the hurrdurrapexseal posters around.

What's it like getting to see FDs that aren't 20+ years old? Still got a while until we can import them in burgerland.

We've had a similar issue with population growth lately. Don't know what the fuck they'll do about it though, we're running out of expansion room. Well, I say we're running out, but the government and land owners don't seem to give a fuck. They keep letting the place turn into a metropolitan shithole, and getting rid of the small town charm that the fucking yuppies are moving here for. They'll end up destroying everything I love about the place I grew up, then fuck off to somewhere else they'll destroy.

Them digits

But this is the main street. Bars just closed, should be people leaving them but uh.

Also, that story is absolutely identical with what's going on here. It's Florida old fucks and a bunch of yuppie rich kids paying outrageous rent for the shittiest of shit holes. In the last 5 years the "temporary population" has damn near quadrupled. The school even got bumped up a division, I think? Idfk.

>Quads

And I got 5558 in another thread, then got pissed that I missed it.

Looks like town here at 3AM. Except it's all uphill or downhill depending which end you're on.

Yeahhh it's pretty quiet.

U can do it

>90 replies
This is certainly more activity than usual

I have way too many of these

where in KY? Don't say Lex...

where are all you KFCbros hiding?

>Why are you at home?
I sell liquor, I don't get off work until sales shut off at 2:30, nothing happening after then.
>Why aren't you out cruising?
No friends cuz I live in KFCland.
>Car related plans
Did an oil change and spark plugs. The spark plugs in particular were fucking disgusting when I pulled them.Wanted to get the car waxed and polished before winter kicks in but it looks like I'm going to be too late...

I'm NC bro, other dude is part of your kfcult

>Work all weekend

Did this early Friday though.

thanks im probably not going to get it and im kind of thinking of denying the offer now, more money isn't the goal right now...

Oh, you learned to spell.

I went out with the guys from work for someone's birthday meal. Even talked cars briefly.
Of course, given that I was one of two car owners there, the only other valid opinion was 'MY KIA IS LOVELY BECAUSE IT'S MY BABY'.

> Car related plans
The car is going to sit on the driveway.
I am, however, going biking tomorrow. I need practice.