/rlg/ - Roguelike General

>Poschengband 5.0.3 released
release notes: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8133
download here: sites.google.com/site/poschengband/

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

www28.zippyshare.com/v/g99dC8WW/file.html
virustotal.com/en/file/5eca65bb9c7094231248b0b914d82b070d24b6a3c47db99913f2942aca08f87f/analysis/1480893549/
crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Ketziah/morgue-Ketziah-20161204-082205.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WE'RE GONNA GAS THOSE FUC KS

good night everyone, I hope to see you ascended in roughly 9 hours!

Edain pride Beor edition
I wanted to try the V kill but didnt have enough consumables for it

>9 hours
b-but my sorc is still only level 30

i just need a few hundred more until i find enough equipment to increase my max hp above 200

why do some classes have dull text and others have bright text? I'm still able to pick the dull ones so why change the shade?

apt differences

bright text = recommended. they can be out of date sometimes and you can ultimately win with any combo, but they're a good guideline until you know what you're doing

go kill some ancient dragons

what's the worst that could happen?

How do I stop spriggan riders fucking my shit up

Well since you're a Demonspawn warper of Qazlal, just use upheaval on them. >:^)

how to stop X from fucking your shit up: evoke spiders and run away

Keep zapping hurl damnation at it until itgoes away

the bright ones are the recommended combos for your race

I'm a big weeaboo
is Elona worth a shot?

Confuse it, spam sticks to snakes then ?immolation.

stop playing dungeon crawl
watch sleuth (1972), american beauty (1999) being there (1979) network (1976)
play and beat NetHack
vampire the masquerade bloodlines
pathologic
system shock 2
diablo 2
read oblomov (1859)
have sex with a cute girl

roll roll attack

???

no questions
go back to training

Spearmaster seems up there with ninjas in terms of tacticool abilities.

>reaching
>sil flanking
>free attack when someone walks up next to you (some other sil thing, I think)
>knock back
>brogue style piercing, except that it seems to cause you to attack twice if you don't hit a second target

Is there any way to get a sustainable light source going in a basement? I have a lot of books to read.

>Confuse
>8% to defeat MR

pay bills

Didn't Hagrid teach you a light spell or some shit?

>sil flanking
neat

is polearmmaster the one who gets to trip shit or am i thinking of staffs?

i kind of want to play a staffmaster but they really only have one cool ability and they get it at a really late level

>using enchants against spriggans
>ever
What have you been smoking, user?

Become a glowing one. There's a guide on ghoulification without dying to radiation somewhere.

How do you change Brogue's window size?
Tired of having to hide my taskbar

>is polearmmaster the one who gets to trip shit or am i thinking of staffs?
They don't have it by level 25, at least. I know staffmaster gets to kick.

My silly goal with staffmaster was to dual wield wizardstaves, then I died before finding enough.

PgUp or PgDn.

i want to see fanart of a death sword eating charges from a staff of nothing like a gogurt tube

not him, but I will follow your orders master
I'll come back when I have finished the training

How do I start having fun again in Cata once I've survived the first week and have 3 backpacks full of food/water/drugs?

make tons of noise and go out in a blaze of glory

try to play with no base (constantly roaming, no hoarding)

10000 hours

>IA 19.0 beta Windows)
www28.zippyshare.com/v/g99dC8WW/file.html
>VirusTotal Results
virustotal.com/en/file/5eca65bb9c7094231248b0b914d82b070d24b6a3c47db99913f2942aca08f87f/analysis/1480893549/

How do I know that the subject of the totalvidus scan is indeed the proclaimed file? There is no proof!

You can download the file yourself, since it won't do anything until you run it, and upload it to virustotal yourself.

What if you're counting on people's good nature and deceptively attach false negatives of virus scans so that people will download it anyway without checking?

What if you just don't download it?

Should I play SLEX?

That would be the best course of action, since even virus total can be lying and the whole world could just be inside the matrix.

"yes"

virustotal has a checksum, genius

How do I know the checksum wasn't fabricated? Surely the checksum function can be manipulated.

>Surely the checksum function can be manipulated
if you have found a way to do this you should sell it for millions of dollars to the NSA

Why should I sell it for millions of dollars to the NSA when I can exploit the opportunity of being the first guy in the world to have this knowledge that everyone else assumes doesn't exist and troll kids by placing viruses in their computer games?

Poll results.

Poland took the silver medal.

i am never going to fuck this up again. crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Ketziah/morgue-Ketziah-20161204-082205.txt

>hand axe

fault

>- Level 6.9 Axes
>+9 handaxe {chop}
>when you had found a +1 morningstar {crush}
Your stupidity persists.

post link
i will meme on you

>level 15 desolation of salt
don't do this

Wild weapons are certainly something.

I'm not sure how effective it actually is since half the buffs don't seem to last the round, but it's flashy at least.

Yeah, it makes me sad that Deathswords aren't allowed to be Wild.

Sigh, I'm the only brazilian here

If it makes you feel any better, your country ostensibly has the best women, on average.

Is Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode any fun, is it as unbearable as the regular mode

it is, was and always will be trash. The only fun thing is the combat system.

why is pcb so hard????

I never could figure out how to get fun out of the combat system. In real fights it seemed like the only thing you could do was take the most accurate swings possible until your opponent passed out from pain.

>tfw too stupid to figure out more advanced roguelikes
>still want to play them

Wonder what's under that ring...

chris is a player willing to grind for dozens and dozens of hours so he balanced his game around that

>Military IDs dont work more than once
>Get into bunker
>Can't get any loot
kms

>orb of zot mimic

The loot isn't even that good. Fuck bunkers.

>Not even that much food, guns or ammo
This is the least realistic interpretation of america ever. I should be able to survive a year with one bunker at least,

break the glass walls
there are only turrets guarding the entrance, so you don't need the key to savely get through anything else

I've always wanted to try it out since I've heard people say the stuff you can do in it is amazing in terms of freedom, but it looks so hard to get into and buggy as fuck

is dcss' gold dragon armor worth using and enchanting if my armors that I have now are absolute garbage

yes

Do you have enough str to get over the encumbrance?

playing mibe because i haven't won yet so i have more than enough str

What is your ac and ev at after wearing it? Generally you don't want your ac to be more than double your ev unless you really need the resistances.

AC is 36, EV is 9
where did I go wrong?

Sounds like you didn't train any dodging like a retard.

United Kingdom should be placed under "irrelevant island nation".

dodging??
str?
suicide??

gonna start playing CDDA, haven't played since when it was only called Cataclysm

any mods / world gen options I should change? or is it fine to leave everything as is

huh. at least I know that, now.

This level has an entry to the bazaar and the desolation of salt, which should I go to?

Bazaar. Desolation of Salt doesn't have as much variety for loot, and if you shop quickly (don't autoexplore, check the shop-name before you even enter to avoid wasting time on food shops, etc.) you might be able to pick both.

salt has so many fucking artefacts in it it is insane
just take it slow

gonna try and do this, thought timed portals just stopped existing if you exited the level they were on

really, you want more than 20 EV otherwise you'll be in a world of pain from the most dangerous damage sources that check defenses: crystal spear (unless you have great SH), bolt spells (unless you have great resists) and ranged attacks (unless you are a 70 EV gargoyle or something)

a good rule of thumb for defensive power otherwise is just AC + EV + SH

tummies

The saltland drops are so good I'd ditch a wizlab over it any time

seriously
it's not even a hard area either

it depends on the character, if i'm somewhat frail and can't kill groups quickly i'll stay away

I find it quite hard especially wheb I'm using a low AC no rElec who just happened to wander on Elf:1 and I'm forced to clear it

Death Sword essences are borked in latest pseudo build.

another user had the same thing here it's a bit weird. i didn't think anything about swords changed...

Trying to learn C:DDA
Quite difficult

I only play real roguelikes.

Take night vision, only go out to loot at night until you have a strong character. Don't fight while encumbered. Don't encumber your legs or feet. Use " to sprint, but try to avoid falling under 50% stamina because of the speed debuff. Never, ever try to tab things if you can avoid it, wait till they walk into bushes and other obstructions. Stay the fuck away from oozes and fungus and floating eyes and wasps and triffids and basically everything that isn't a zombie in general. Don't do meth.

Which one(s) are real roguelikes, user?