Pick two

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2E0tajBP8VI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>FORD GT

>>HAS V6

k

or is this what you meant?

My Fiesta ST gets terrible MPG for a 1.6L and I don't drive particularly hard.

Eco or boost, in reality, you only get 1. Turbos do well in EPA tests but not in the real world for fuel economy.

>buy hot hatch
>complain about fuel economy

>He doesn't realize you only get to pick one
youtube.com/watch?v=2E0tajBP8VI

Found gm's marketing team

Starts with an A

ends with an e

there's an lphons in the middle

this, my 335i fucking drinks premium

its a well known tribute that most turbos dont get near their epa mpg estimates.
only by cheating boost do you get anything like the estimates.

Ford say the Focus ST will do 35 MPG combined.

I get 24 in mine.

EPA is a joke and everyone knows it, but 24 MPG isn't that bad for a 252 bhp car. My old 97 Golf got less than that.

Drive in Vacuum 100% and you'll get good mileage 8)

You mean pick one
Turbos are good for power but bad for fuel economy.

This.

Turbos
>Good for power
>Bad for fuel economy

What in the fucking fuck are you on?

When you're in boost, you get shite fuel economy but great power.

When you're in vacuum, you get great fuel economy with no power.

Did you even attend elementary school? A fire is a result of three things

- Somthing flamable
- Air
- Temprature

The more air you add, the greater the flame. which means you can achieve greater power while at the same time using less fuel.

Again what in the fuck are you on

Ford says its combined MPG is higher than its highway estimate? Where did you find that?

Nice bench engineering theory, but in practice it's entirely different.

Go use a scangauge thing and tell me when a car is making its best fuel econ - in full boost, or in full vacuum?

>using less fuel
Nope, more air means more fuel thus more power.
user is right, when you are on boost you get more power and less MPGs, when you are not on boost you get more MPGs and less power

I cry evertim

Keep telling yourself this for whatever reason.

The point still stands. An engine with a turbocharger with a properly tuned O2 sensor will still use less fuel on a daily basis than a N/A engine, given you're not driving the car like its stolen.

You clearly have no idea how cars work. There is this thing called stoichiometric ratio. When your AFR (air fuel ratio) is 14.7:1 you have stoichiometric mixture in which all the air will be used to burn all of the fuel in the cylinder. If your AFR is 12:1 you have maximum output, if your AFR is 16:1 you have maximum fuel efficency.
If you have 2.5 litre NA engine and you decided to turbocharge it with 1 bar pressure it will have twice the volumetric efficency of the same engine without turbo. Thus needing 2 times more fuel to keep the AFR in the correct range. And it will produce twice the power

Correct. And from my limited experience it actually needs more than 2 times the fuel since the portion of fuel that is needed for cooling rises exponentially with boost. Boost = heat, more boost = more heat.

>GT-R and GT 2017
>V6
>beating the shit out of V8 or more cars like Corvette
V8 fags on suicide watch

You do know that GM is putting turbocharged engines in their cars, right?

You have to make sure the turbo doesn't spool. When I try I can get 35 mpg out of mine. But average driving gets me 25-27. The cool thing is it doesn't get worse from there so hard driving results in the same 25-27.

I don't think you understand what 'boost' means in that context, trollfag.

Here's your (((you)))

How about neither?

>get a focus st
>mfw st gets 23 mpg on my daily commute