The shittest vehicle you've ever driven?

Mine would be pic related:
>cannot crack 60 mph unless downhill
>can push brake pedal to floor without locking brakes
>slow steering feels like stirring play dough
>suspension never stops floating, still manages to crash over every bump
>interior is so noisy that conversation between passengers is not possible
>stinky as fuck diesel fumes all the time

Other urls found in this thread:

hyperaustralia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5521
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Company tow truck for similar reasons
>0-60 in minutes
>useless first gear
>rattles and creak from good ol' Made in America, mostly from cracked dash
>no A/C, no signal is sent to the A/C compressor, wiring and relay look fine
>god help me if there's an uphill freeway entrance and it's shorter than a mile.

> no suspension
> play in steering
> severe wobble over 20mph
> only two gears
> top speed about 10mph
> no windshield, no roof, no doors
> no pillion seat
> sit brakes

I hated Shitsubishi before I had to ride in this thing, now I despise it.

>severe wobble over 20mph
>top speed about 10mph

wat

>Severe wobble over 20mph
>Top speed about 10mph

that class of van is shit across the board, regardless of manufacturer.

I think the design settled around the late 70s and it's just been facelifts and emissions changes ever since.

A 1999 Pontiac Firebird V6 that was owned by my stepmother. Only drove it once. The car had the everloving shit beaten out of it by the previous owner.
>the transmission mounts were shot, so any time I pushed in the clutch to change gear, or any time the car drove over any kind of bump, the shifter would bounce up and down, easily 6 inches each way
>The engine would surge for no reason, and ran rough as fuck
>the exhaust was shot
>The suspension was shot
>the seats were shot
>the interior was literally falling apart

I drove it because she wanted my opinion on what was wrong with it.
I told her to burn it and collect the insurance money since it's be cheaper to replace than to fix.

1997 Mazda 626
> When shifted out of park it felt like you hit a speedbump going 40mph
> If you didn't ease the throttle it'd stall
> Parking safety switch that went out every 5mins
> Dash lights and gauges would work on good days
> Steering would clunk
> Battery would die if left alone for 24hrs
> If you touched the air filter, it'd stall (as in tapped the air filter box or any of the hoses)
> Shifting in reverse would crunch like a motherfucker
> Going above 60mph felt likr you were on a rickety bridge about to fall apart.
I'm sure i can name more but im cold

>Expecting it ride well when you're literally sitting on the axle

Mk3 Ford Fiesta, formerly owned by my grandfather.
> Shitty suspension
> No power steering
> 1.1L engine
> Interior caked with beeswax and honey
> Every single control gummed up with such
> Came with four bald tires
> No spring in gearbox
> No rev counter
> Turned out to actually be two halves of separate cars welded together in the middle
> BADLY welded together, as they didn't line up.
> The front and rear wheels were actually out of alignment

Never, ever buy a car from a beekeeper. I was given it and still hated the thing.

This 1994 Kenworth straight truck. Pretty sure it's a 5.9 liter Cummins which is a great motor, it eerily starts with half a crank, but is just underpowered for the size. 5 speed synchronized transmission. When cold it's way down on power, like stalls in 1st and won't go past 30mph until out of town low. Can hardly reach 60mph unloaded, odd footpedals you have to almost stand on it for full throttle, no cruise control.

Why do americans insist on conventional layouts, especially for straight trucks? Every metre counts on small vehicles.

2007 Chevy Equinox.
>stupid crossover giant american pigfat fucking fatty fat fat
>underpowered people carrier, have to nearly floor it to climb hill on my daily commute
>uncomfortable seats promise back pain before I've even arrived at work
>front-wheel drive, oversteers terribly on backroads I sometimes use to avoid traffic on main highway, have to slow more than accustomed to in order to take sharp turns
>entire fucking car feels like it's made out of Rubbermaid containers duct-taped together
>somehow less reliable than my fucking FD, has already had to have throttle body replaced, and then it blew a fucking head gasket
>CEL permanently on at this point

It was a free hand-me-down for my DD, but I still feel like I got burned. I don't even want to sell or junk the fucking thing, I'm planning to take it out on some of the land my family owns and detonate the piece of shit.

GM can go fuck themselves.

>Every metre counts on small vehicles.
Not in America. First of all their main roads are much larger than elsewhere and if you drive into a place that's too tight for your truck it's made out to be your fault and not the truck design's or the road design's.

Also the placement of the driver behind the front axle and the longer wheelbase hide the fact that they're too cheap for decent suspension, also the longer wheelbase benefits the weight rating because they're too cheap to build proper road surfaces and instead go MORE WHEELBASE and MORE WHEELS all the time, also the convential cab is still perceived as safer in collisions than a flat cab.

Americans have a fuck-tonne of space. No need to make anything compact, also cheap fuel.

That's the most maneuverable truck in our fleet

Are those same headlights that are on F-150?

Yes they say Ford in the housing

Sterling/Western Star trucks are made by Ford I believe.

anyway I'm sure I've probably driven something worse at some point in my life but I've never hated another vehicle as much as I hate my 2009 CR-V.

>so miserably underpowered it will downshift twice to go from 70 to 73 and will take about 15 seconds
>when in the mountains it actually can't do 70 unless downhill but is pretty much in VTEC at all times
>most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in, drove it 14 hours one day and lower back was sore for about a week
>gets worse fuel economy than my lifted 500+ hp F150
>it's just so fucking ugly

How do we get the industry to stop making these fucking things?

Crossovers are a blight upon the Earth.

my idea when I bought the stupid shitbox was that it would be nice to have AWD and more clearance than a car for going camping/skiing out in the mountains but still wanting something fairly compact because I live in downtown Denver. in that sense crossovers are great. these things are just so shitty but nobody notices or cares because it has a Honda badge on it. I'm going to trade it for a 2.0L Escape pretty soon.

Fuck, did I mention that the passenger seat sensor for the airbag just went out a couple weeks ago?

Currently, my girlfriend is equally as likely to die riding with me in this thing as she is the FD, which doesn't even have a passenger airbag.

I could sort of see the CR-V being useful for camping/offroading with the AWD. If the fuel economy is really so shit, I'd just rather have a fullsize SUV.

Seriously, what MPG do you get if it's being bested by your F150? The fucking Equinox doesn't even breach 25 on the highway, it's only slightly better than a rotary in that regard.

Hyundai Elantra rental car in 2015. It had a fucking plastic steering wheel. Never knew something like that existed. It was horrid. The overall car was pretty okay for a two week roadtrip. Gearing of the automatic gearbox was to wide. Uphill highway only managable in 4th gear with high rpm.

T. Europoor.

Not entirely right.

Sterlings -were- made by Ford since 1952 and sold to DaimlerChrysler in 1997 who then used the brand to build medium duty trucks with Ram cabs. With DaimlerChrysler's break-up the brand was discontinued.

Western Star were originally independent but bought up by DaimlerChrysler in 2000 and kept by Daimler afterwards. Nowadays they're the upscale alternative to also Daimler owned Freightliner and share a lot of parts with Freightliners and even Mercedes-Benz heavy trucks.

misrable little cars

decent engine if its the DOHC 2.0 but holy fuck is it a terrible car the chassis is made from paper and the interior and everything else is horrid.

the 1.6 is gutless and the car handles like a wet noodle yet aussie bogans love them? WHY!?

case in point
hyperaustralia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5521
why

This uncomfortable POS.

I can't break 20, sometimes not even 18. just because the worthless thing struggles so much to get anywhere. my truck gets 20+ on the highway with 35" tires and even on the steepest mountain passes it rarely has to downshift more than one gear, if any at all. torque is a wonderful thing.

>Everything in the dash pockets goes on the floor at the sign of a bump
>Can't open engine bay with seat forward (shit design)
>Rust
>Steering play
>Partly blown head gasket
>Brakes pull to side
>Boiled if not filled regularly

2003 Kia Sorento
>crashes in every bump of the road
>wobbles on anything but super smooth road
>barely any grunt from the diesel after 2.5k rpm
>manual, so the shifter was linked to the gearbox by cheese strings or something, certainly something solid
>rust rust rust holes from 2 eastern european winters
>turbo went harikiri after 2 years
>zero driving feel
>ape like driving position

honestly, just the way the thing crashes through every bump ruined 90% of the car. i dont get why would someone daily this POS or any non luxury SUV with truck suspenion. my daily has a fairly hard ride, but atleast it gets through bumps in one go and driving down a windy road doesnt invoke horror.

Driven a load of different vehicles from 50cc chinese scooters, south koera motorcycles and a number of cars.

Got one of these as a courtesy car. Clunkiest piece of shit i have ever drove. weird as automatic gear shiftier, when the gears decided to shift the whole car jumped and shook. any hill was a major struggle over 80km. had some optional japanese speaking shit that kept shouting stuff at me every 5 minutes and the steering wheel wasnt on straight.

> If you touched the air filter, it'd stall (as in tapped the air filter box or any of the hoses)

Someone please tell me what the fuck would cause this

>dohc 2.0
only difference between the single cam excel and the twincam is 4 valves, its still a 1.5 litre
gonna ignore the fact u talked shit about the best car that ever existed

T. Bogan.

Would make a fun rallycar

4g63 straight transplant
blow off commodores at the lights

I drove my friends 2003 Vauxhall Astra for him once.

>terrible automatic gearbox with so much space between gears that you could fit an entire extra gearbox between ratios
>have to plant my foot into the fucking carpet to make it accelerate at all
>understeers horribly at every turn even when at low speed
>handling made me feel completely disconnected from the car
>heavy and often vague steering
>interior creaked and clunked constantly
>head unit literally shook itself free from the terrible suspension
>would lose traction and have loud tire squeal from taking almost any corner at speed
>seats were stiff and uncomfortable
>car felt like it was coming apart if you went past 50mph
>brakes would overheat in no time

Australians don't like them, it's a meme. I only ever see them driven as a first car for a girl and they're always in bad shape.

>Australians don't like them, it's a meme.

It is a meme. They're shitboxes that handle like shopping trolleys and could be wrecked by an old man on a mobility scooter.

>It is a meme.

Have a 2008 CR-V in the family. I agree with the super wide uncomfortable seats and terrible fuel economy. It is rated 20 mpg city and 26 mpg highway by the EPA, but I have never seen it go above 22 mpg in any scenario. AND it only has 166 horsepower from a massive 2.4L.

It also feels "heavy" to drive. Not sure how to describe it, but my Honda Fit feels so much more playful and easy to drive. Not that electric assist steering is better, but the hydraulic power steering in the CR-V is crap (if it has hydraulic assist, I am not quite sure).

Sounds like it was in disrepair OP.

Isuzu NPR's are the worst pieces of shit ever made. How in the hell they ever got popular I'll never know.

Cummins 5500 has equal capability and ten times the quality.

When I drive to get fuel I have a mile long twisty gravel/dirt downhill out of my hood. Put it in neutral at top and soapboxrace. I've hit 27mph. Shits scary above 20.

They may be slow and gutless as fuck but to me, they're still fun to drive.

I like that you sit on the engine which gives you a better view of the road ahead of you, because of this, I'm able to see exactly when to trail brake or just not lift off the gas on winding highways when normies just slow and brake when approaching them, it's super fun.

Well seeing as an NPR is in the same payload catagory as a 3500 i would hope a 5500 has more capability

2001 E-450 ambulance
>turbo sounds like a GE90 turbine
>the turbo doesn't actually add any power of note
>still has turbo lag
>box is shifted well off the frame
>constant coolant leak, fill it each shift
>airbag cover is duct taped over
>bullet holes that won't be fixed because it will just get more
Still fun to drive lights and sirens desu

>bullet holes that won't be fixed because it will just get more
KEK

Mercedes Sprinter 208 CDI we had at my previous job. It had dents and rust everywhere, the heater didn't work, neither did the central locking. It had an Opel radio which didn't work and top speed was limited to 85 kph. And I was once driving it while it was snowing and I got stuck 5 times within 2 hours and 10 minutes before I arrived, the wiper on the drivers side broke, so I had to drive with my head out of the window because the defrost on the passenger side didn't work either.

Early 1990s Isuzu 4.5 ton truck.
>Engine was gutless from the factory and was so fucked by the time I drove it we didn't bother with oil changes, just topped it up every week.
>Gearbox linkages were fucked, so there was about a foot of play in the gear stick. Took me about a month to find 2nd and 3rd gear.

>No Power Steering, No A/C, bald tyres, only had an AM radio.

Once I got used to it it wasn't too bad but it was a hell of a learning curve for a young bloke who'd only driven new cars until that point.

Feel ya bro, used to have a similar truck at my old job
>1997 Ford F750
>26,000 lbs GVWR, 20' flatbed
>powered by a 160 hp 5.9 Cummins 12V backed by a 4 speed Allison automatic

It couldn't do 70 mph uphill unloaded. With a full load it was slower than some farm implements.

That's been ruined. I used to drive a 99 astra SXi. Handled great at speed, aside from a little understeer on roundabouts, and a lot understeer in the wet.
Nothing fell off it, manual gearbox was heavy but worked. Only major issue was the brakes, which had rotted and just fell off one day. Had the whole damn brake system replaced, aside from one calliper which was still good.
Went like stink, though, but I wouldn't buy another vauxhall. Mostly because the recent Astra I tried felt like a salesman's car, and had an electronic handbrake.
The Focus felt like a comfy executive car, so I bought that. No rear legroom, but I don't often use the back seats anyway.

Learner Corolla when I was 16
>Busted suspension
>Gauge cluster Christmas tree
>uneven rotor wear, shook when braking
>worn to shit/broken torque converter, doesn't really move forwards when you take your foot off the brake
>miss-matched tires all around
>no AC
>busted power seats, had to fit my 6'3" ass into a tiny Mexican lady's typical woman driver seating position
>lifter tick or rod knock or timing belt or some kind of awful repetitive engine noise
>Bad vacuum leak
Fucking never again

>call into inner city
>throw on a bullet proof vest because fuckin A I'm going to if I have it
>go into apartment complex with partner fuck around for 20 minutes end up not transporting
>front window shot twice
Every fucking time

>two cars welded together in the middle
Do people even do this? What the fuck?

Driving a hand-me-down 2006 Corolla right now, it's been taken care of, just a few bits of cosmetic damage and wear like chips of peeled paint on the front. It's a pretty good car and it's just what I need right now.