newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5867974516.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5864954784.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5867835252.html
indysworld.com/80s/general/wheels/wheels.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XrPt3-oxGbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would give you twice that for that.

Give me your brick. I will love it.

He was asking $600 but I took one look at it and said hell no. It misfired like a bitch. He said $300, I cleaned off the distributor cap and drove it away lol

400 fur mine lol

Fuark looks nice bro

monitoring this thread for potential

1999 fozzy

05 rx8, paid 3k, service records state original engine was replaced at 45k.

renesis a shit.

>distributor cap
Same thing I did.
It's funny how people forget to pop a cap that takes 1 second and see if it's oxide in it.
Though that was 11 years ago and I bought my 245GLT for $400.

>Based brick
>Garbage
DELET THIS

>Leaking oil from head gaskets
>One of the front discs is warped from crazy mountain driving

Still love it.

$200

>awful body modifications
get fucked

On its last legs. It's time to see what I can get for it. What do you reckon?
>cooling fan keeps running for a half hour after I turn it off. It's not overheating though. Why is this happening?
>brake light out
>dash gauges dim periodically
>headlights dim/foggy as hell
>dings on good and front
>check engine light on

find me a cheap shitbox Veeky Forums

it must have
>manual transmission
>clean title
>working ac/heat

i dont care if its fwd/awd/rwd

newhaven.craigslist.org/

$600 a few months ago
Cheapest car I've ever bought and it gives me fewer problems than my first two cars

>cheap shitbox
whats your max budget? 1k or under?

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5883670883.html

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5866334205.html

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5867974516.html
Here.
1996 infiniti I30 - $600

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5864954784.html
1998 Volvo v70 - $750

1200, needs a new sending unit, rotors and valve cover gasket, not to mention the front tires are almost bald

Way fucking better than the total turd 2000 Malibu I had

Id buy that V70 if I didnt live like 2000 miles away

under $2500

so if you find something around $3k i could prob talk the seller down

danke, will check those out

>V70
hmmmm i heard those are an absolute bitch to work on and expensive for mechanics to repair. Are they?

>infinti
wow thats in my town Ill call him up

see above about question regarding the V70

Google v70 ECM module/ MAF sensor

>hmmmm i heard those are an absolute bitch to work on and expensive for mechanics to repair. Are they?

Not true, they are quite easy to work on.

really? how about in comparison to volvo 240s?

le bump

>honda
>drag tires in rear

>calling it a fozzy

2000 Forester owner here. Fucking murder yourself. You are everything wrong with Subaru owners

2800 for mine

$700 1993 Civic sedan

$3200, not sure what I regret more buying it or taking it to a mechanic period. Looking for a new car and of course she's been acting like she has 10 miles on her instead of 218k
Ayy Chicago fag?

Harder than a 240

Not pic related but I've got a 530 E34 wagon in the same color.
Cost me 300€ and has 340k km on the clock. Runs exactly as you'd expect from a beat to shit V8 BMW.

Actually, it's a miracle the thing even runs. Slowly restoring her to her former glory though.

Volvo S80
>Paid 2000€ for it
>440k km's
>Major electrical problems, might drain battery while sitting, usually requires battery reconnect before starting, might go to limp+ mode while driving. ( gauges stop working and computer gives warnings and demands me to stop ASAP)
>Transmission's magnet had lot of metal in it. Works well tho.
>Engine has a small oil leak and it burns some oil too
>Front windows go down, but wont go up as they jump off the rails
>Uses ~10L/100KM on urban driving, +16L/100km in city.

But a side from those it is the most comfortable car to drive i have had my ass in. It's just a flying couch on the road while still going up to 250km/h pretty easily. And it just feels more stable faster it goes.

Chicagoland suburbs so yea kinda

95 trooper I got for 700.
In good shape except I need to find a grill for it

Fucking beautiful

This. You can fix a 240 with swearwords and your bare hands, a V70 is a whole different game. On the upside Black Robert, aka Robert DIY, aka Robert Spinner, aka Based ass Volvo Niggah makes a lot of videos about white blocks and other nu-volvo stuff

1999 Ford Falcon AU for a mere $300.

Lol, this perfectly explains what happens to first gen S80s
Still a great car, I got my na straight 6 up to 120

$1000 winter beater/ shitty weather dd/back up tow rig

91 Geo Metro. Shitboxes are the best.

I need to paint the hood.

Winter shitbox

108USD
And it cost me about 350 to get it to stop overheating
>gm

I got two. Have love hate relationship with em.
Probably gonna sell both soon.

Earned in labour.

Sup volvbros

Here's my $500 245 and FREE 940turbo; have a $450 245 sitting at my parents awaiting a extensive refresh as well.

$1600 '96 ES300 w/ 204k miles. I hesitate to call it shitty per se, but it's a nice cheap winter beater. Seen here with new Firestone Winterforce snow tires (went to meaty 70 series sidewall because they were cheaper).

not sure if you know anything about es300 but im thinking about picking this up

he's asking $3k but i plan on talking him down to possibly $2k

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5867835252.html

what do you think and what should i look out for on these?

>newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5867835252.html

So that's a 2nd gen car. There's really no "gotchas" with these, just look it over mechanically and for any previous accident history or other shady stuff like that. Definitely ask when the timing belt was last changed. Check condition of tires and brakes, check color/level of oil and ATF. Just the usual thorough used car checklist.

ok sounds good and how much are parts? are they expensive or fairly cheap since its pretty much a camry with leather?

too bad there's nothing for under 1k€ in France apart shitty Ford Fiestas/Fiat Puntos/Renault clios

not as cheap as a lot ITT, but thought it was a steal at 1600 (325is btw). was asking 2k, i offered 1600, he accepted right away. wish i asked for less

what it looked like before i sold it for 5k (lol)

My baby

fucking lol, literally all Subarus of that era here in CO have warped rotors, gotta love the wheel weeble-wobble on braking

ai ai ai she's got that ole' tin worm eh buddy, real unfortunate

Just picked up pic related for a grand the other day, pisses oil like there's no tomorrow but that's the nature of the beast

It's completely rust free, brought it from New Mexico to Colorado - have copious amounts of POR-15 coming in the mail kek

Damn these lil guys have personality, my '01 Forester just went tits up so it's definitely a worthy replacement

pretty sick wheels on yours btw, the previous owner included a set of 1983 Turbo Brat alloys with mine, they need a refinish but damn I'm glad I got them, this retarded bolt pattern is impossible to find

this is a pretty cool page about the OEM wheel options
indysworld.com/80s/general/wheels/wheels.html

2004 Ford Falcon

i dont like it and id rather be driving my other cars but its reliable and cheap without having to go down to a fiesta or focus

I miss my s80, they are fantastic cars. ended up selling mine when I just couldn't take not driving a manual anymore

the BMW has been my shitbox DD in the 3 years since

nice

Cheap as chips for the most part. Most mechanical stuff from Camries swaps right over. They're fairly common so you can find ES-specific stuff in junkyards no problem as well.

I've been amazed with how well mine has held together for how old and how many miles it has. Entirely original suspension front and rear, except for rear swaybar bushings (cheap and easy fix). Struts, tie rod ends, balljoints, control arm bushings, all is tight and quiet with 204k after 20 years and over 200k miles. That's insane. I will probably put some new strut assemblies on in the rear, the back has just a bit of sag and I can hear some faint thuds so yes the struts are a bit tired, but still not totally worn out. Transmission shifts smooth and solid, motor absolutely purrs. Just a bit of rust on the rear quarters, the PO kept it in a heated garage both at home and at work (worse for corrosion) otherwise I don't think I'd even have that bit of rust that I do. Underside is super clean as far as subframes and unibody goes. Very thorough sprayed on undercoating from the factory and good paint quality.

The only problem you even described is the fucking cooling fan. What do you mean last legs? Plug an obd2 reader to it and check to codes.

you got me dude :^(

one on the right is my daily, 1991 Toyota Crown 3.0

I wouldn't pay more than $250 for it as it sits

sweet as tits breh

Major Hnnng factor.

I still got ripped off for it but it was the only cheep Manuel Corolla I could find I just have to figure why I have to keep the steering wheel at a 9 o clock position to keep it straight and why the gas meter likes to decide how much gas it's used it just wiggles up and down.

Copped for $1800, FWD and 70k miles lmao

Looks clean as fuck. I give it 2 good winters before it rusts off its axles, given how bad cars from that time period dealt with salt.

Where do you live and how did you get a car like that so cheap?

damn that's clean as fuck
friendly reminder for those ITT with rust-prone cars: POR-15 fuckers

I'm an Americlap. Found it on letgo, talked to the guy and he was selling it because he had to move to Hawaii or some shit. I guess I just got lucky man

Probably just an alignment issue. Fuel gauge sending unit is potentially the gas gauge issue

Nice. I have an '89 Coupe that was handed down from my grandfather.

Yours is a sedan right? How many miles? looks like it's in much nicer shape than mine.

My grandfather had used his Accord for a weekly interstate commute. After he got it up over 400k miles, my mother/uncle convinced him to get something newer because they were concerned the worn-out Honda might strand him in the middle of nowhere.

It sat for a couple years until I found myself in need of a car, and he gave it to me. I don't drive it a whole lot, so it's up to 437k now. No hub caps, front bumper cover is falling off, needs some mechanical attention, but the beater refuses to die.

muh dik

$1000, swapped with 4 cylinder by prev owner. At least it looks decent

$900 comfy turbo brick

umm user are you still waiting on it to be delivered? i think you got scammed my man

>one owner
>5 speed
>120k miles
>0-60 in 6.5
>vq30 engine
>$1200
Absolutely no complaints about this car, other than it looking like a welfaremobile. I plan on fixing that though.

bump

i wanna see more shitboxes

im going to look at a forester tomorrow

>swapped with 4 cylinder by prev owner.
what
why

Top quality thread

4 door family car. I've got it at 149,000 km/ 93,000 miles and my father and I brought it to 155,00km by driving to different ends of the city since July. I'm maybe the third owner since the first-to-daughter transfer but she had her own car.

Mechanically, it's all good though to pass safety a shop needed to change my oilpan and fucked that up twice, and she doesn't like warm starts. I personally wanna upgrade my pads and get new oem rotors since those are thin and grooving. Unfortunately the clearcoat and paint are in rough condition.

I hope to have her trudge through winter with me then I'll do an overhaul of lots of things. She's my sweetheart, I got the owner to confirm the transfer to me on Valentine's day which earned her the nickname 'Valentina'.

Because the old V6 died at 260k, and I guess it was all they could afford.

Any ways I could compensate for the low power? Every time I turn the ignition my heart drops.

I Fluid Film the fuck out of it every year. Only way to keep old iron lasting around here.

what engine did they even put in there? Now this is a story.

Noice. I ended up selling a '00 Maxima that I bought for $1600 earlier this summer in favor of the Lexus. Just too much little things wrong, the most crucial being lower radiator support rot.

Fluid Film is the shit. Good man. Pic related is the frame on my '96 4Runner (northern climate)

this might be my winter beater shitbox

what do you lads think

What is this user?

Whats up brother, 2001 Crown.

>Sunroof
What trim is that? Is it one of the fuel-injected versions? That's really low mileage for such an old car- if my experience means anything, it should serve you for a long-ass time.

Mine's an LX-i, fuel-injected with most of the extras except a sunroof and the upgraded rear brakes that the SE-i got (in the US market anyway). It's a five-speed too, thank god.

I'd like to take better care of mine and fix some things, but it's difficult to justify any expense for a car that's basically worthless on paper.

car resting now.

need new buper, high pressure powersteering pipes and a wheel

after that alignment and she's good to go

EX-i, so i guess its the comfy trim. Fuel injection for the engine. Electrical goodies are all working, too. My issues are that I have the 4AT which means highway speeds at 3.2K rpm.

I find that isn't it worth loving and caring for something is under your care? The car is currently the most expensive thing I own, considering I haven't bought a house yet.

>tfw your DD is your only car

I think the tall gearing is/was a gimmick to save gas on the highway, the manual is the same way. 3K in 5th gear is 80mph... I think that's why my grandfather liked it so much for his highway trips. Compared to the 5-speed Hyundai I had before, it's like having a whole extra gear at the top end.

Power steering pisses fluid everywhere... I think the rack was replaced once already, not sure if I want to try to fix it or find a manual steering rack from a junkyard and swap it. Also needs a distributor vacuum advance and some other odds and ends.

It's not that I don't like the car, it's just that the necessary investment to make it "nice" instead of "functional" could just buy something better- and there's no telling how much life is left in it given how well-traveled it is. Plus, being a worn out piece of crap is part of the charm, it's kind of nice having a DD I don't ever really need to stress out about.

also $200

limited edition video get it while it's hot
youtube.com/watch?v=XrPt3-oxGbE
>welcome to hanging out with robert!

MrCummy does auto paint, but isn't the sanest and smartest person alive

It was probably rusted to shit when he got it and is probably still rusted to shit under all that shiny