How do you drift a FWD car in the snow without using pans on the rear wheels?

how do you drift a FWD car in the snow without using pans on the rear wheels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dKziKX9SZ7I
youtube.com/watch?v=EFUegaEibwE
youtube.com/watch?v=7v4nih4ehZ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Throttle into the corner, steer and lift off

IS it just like drifting a RWD in snow?

Nope

You can't drift a FWD car. You can powerslide but you can't drift. It's a limitation of the drivetrain that you will most likely never overcome.

Same thing.

Drifting = Lose traction on the rear.

It is possible, and not even hard
YOU cant drift a FWD car
(drift=controlled oversteer)

>You can powerslide a FWD car
Can you explain? I'm having trouble picturing this.

No. You're wrong. But I was wrong too. From what I looked up, basically a powerslide starts in mid corner with rear wheels going wide while a drift means you enter the corner with your rear wheels out already.
Handbrake turn and countersteer I imagine.

The definition of powerslide, or drift, or such its as foggy as Silent Hill 1. The actual tactic of it being used to improve cornering started with british rallying and no one really named it in a specific way. That's why people call them the same thing. Any difference is something that came up from the 1980's into recent history

Let's theory craft here. To drift a FWD you need to make a scenario in which the rear tires lose traction at least partially while the fronts still grip. I can only think of one surefire easy way to do this.
>winters on front and all seasons/bald tires/summers on back
There are other ways to partially drift FWD, but not reliably. You can always just sling your car into icy corners, but then drift turns into skid turns into your bumper breaking up with you for the nearest guard rail.

>liftoff oversteer
Theres a reason why its called liftoff oversteer not drift
Btw its easy as fuck

Hey dumbass;

If it results in oversteer and you're able to control it and not spin out, it's a drift.

Scandinavian flick and get on the power aggressively with the wheels pointed where you want to go. When the front wheels grip they will pull you out of the slide.

just leave the handbrake on, the boot it around every corner

this guy gets it

well said

Powerslide is a form of drift, you fucking mongrel.

The amount of bus riders in this thread is fucking depressing.

Between this asshole and the retard who thinks lift/accel-off isn't drifting, I'm becoming really fucking disappointed in this board. It's the Euros, isn't it? It's early-morning my time, stands to reason they're awake and posting uninformed shit by now.

>blaming europeans

Veeky Forums is an international board of bus riding children who came here for /ovg/ and stayed for the shitposting and initial d threads. Veeky Forums should be deleted.

Explain to me what the difference between drift and powerslide is then, smartass. I'm waiting.

You can't drift a FWD car.
You can slide the back out and oversteer, but you can't maintain it with wheelspin. In fact the rear wheels are slowing down. On ice and wet the rear can slide out so far it lasts the whole corner but you can't actually drift it continuously like a RWD.

Powersliding is a 'drift' when you get on the throttle around the corner and the drive wheels step out a bit.. It's a small amount of wheelspin on exit from the corner due to applying power, hence power-slide, it doesn't happen with a FWD because you can't spin up the rear wheels and let the back end swing about.
Drifting is entering the corner with the rear already sliding under power, it's why you need extreme lift-off/throttle on or a clutch step to start a drift. I'd say the difference between a power slide and a drift is the timing where the back tires actually lose grip.

I've aleady figured this out myself here and I wanted that shithead to respond.

Mid corner clutch kick counts as a powerslide then, right?

So much bait, so much falling.
Really fags? You are falling for theese threads every other day
FWD drift=lift off oversteer
So you lift off. End of thread. Let it die.

I suppose but not really; the point of the powerslide is having enough power on the throttle alone that just getting on the gas spins up the tires. This shit isn't well defined and it's not like there's any authority behind it.
It's pretty standard for weak cars like a stock miata etc on higher speed drifts to be kicking the clutch when you feel the car straightening up again but a powerslide is just something that happens to powerful rwd cars when they're trying to grip but have enough power to break loose when you throttle out of the corner.

I still wouldn't call it a drift. It's just like pulling the handbrake.

That's just a power-over drift. Doing it a split-second later in the corner doesn't radically transform it into a powerslide.

What cracker-jack site did you find that told you they were dofferent things? Tsuchiya himself doesn't even agree with a lot of the shit that's been spewed here. Don't take information from random people on the Internet. Get a respectable source, ya fucking community college dropouts.

please don't try to drift your mom's van, you'll end up with it upside down. FWD doesn't drift for good reasons, they're not made for it

This works. But it's not really drifting by the technical definition. But it is fun and looks cool.

The retards in this thread need to watch the drift bible so they know what the fuck a drift is.

It's not drifting though, it's just sliding

scandi flick

You cannot drift a FWD car. You can only Drift AWD and RWD cars.

you can use the handbrake in a FWD car or enter a corner so that the rear loses traction, but this is sliding not drifting. With FWD once the car is sliding, there is literally nothing you can do to regain control or decide the direction which the car with straighten itself into. Youre literally just sitting in your car waiting for the rear to regain traction.

With RWD and AWD you can use your throttle to decide for how long you want to oversteer, use throttle to throw the car even further into oversteer, and also use the throttle to end the oversteer at your own desire.

>With FWD once the car is sliding, there is literally nothing you can do to regain control or decide the direction which the car with straighten itself into.
Maybe you can't because you suck, but rally drivers can.

While I agree with you that he is wrong in that regard, you still cannot drift FWD. Example: When going through a 180 degree with oversteer on FWD, you will always loose momentum when changing direction.

The closest thing you get to drifting with FWD is that shit the arabs are doing; which is really just shifting the weight while carrying momentum in the same direction.

Summer tires in the back will give it some oversteering characteristics, but changing direction will still cause loss of speed = not drifting but ass-dragging.

Wrong. Balancing throttle, steering input, and brakes in a FWD gives you plenty of control over the rear--especially if the car is set up properly. The sooner you come off the brakes, back onto the throttle, and more countersteer you input, the quicker the tail will straighten; the inverse is true for maintaining a slide. FWD sliding is entirely about weight transfer and momentum, so the faster you're going the longer the slide will be. The most important factor to remember is that staying off the throttle induces more oversteer, rather than reducing it like RWD.

It's not drifting, but it's absolutely controlled sliding.

powerslide is drift using power

youtube.com/watch?v=dKziKX9SZ7I

youtube.com/watch?v=EFUegaEibwE

Used to turn into a corner, pull the handbrake, and stick some opposite lock on and floor it in my old Astra back in the day. Balancing the power (or lack thereof) and adding more handbrake if necessary was great fun.

Could get some pretty big slides out of it, but it isn't the most controllable so make sure you have a LOT of space if you try it and plan to stick a good amount of momentum in.

Haven't driven a FWD car like that (i.e. fucking about) in years though so there might be better ways. Who cares what anyone calls it, its fun.

You can drift a FWD car, inertia drift or weight transfer drift. You can't powerslide it though, and you can't sustain a drift as well as you can in a RWD car.

yeah but its not drifting

Yeah it's drifting, the literal definition of drifting is sustaining oversteer. You can do it in a FWD car just not as well as RWD.

You cannot sustain real oversteer with FWD without loosing speed. I've never seen a FWD slide its ass on a uphill corkscrew... and I'm never going to see it either.

You lose mid corner speed drifting a RWD too, compared to grip driving drifting is slower no matter the drivetrain.

Why are you so stuck on loss of speed through the corner?

Because with RWD/AWD you can keep so much more momentum when drifting. Only exception I can think of is using liftoff oversteer to initiate neutral rotation into a corner that tightens, which pretty much none of us can do consistently.

>fwd

you fucking don't moron

why do you think people say rwd is more fun?
oh i know! it's because you can pull skids a n y t i m e you fucking want because you were smart enough to buy a rwd car in the first place

go back to living in your taxed to shit yuropoor country & stop dreaming

why are you using an R32 as an example of a FWD car?

>he doesn't know about torque vectoring.

it's not only possible because the rear tires are made of metal either.

forgot link.

youtube.com/watch?v=7v4nih4ehZ8