/ovg/ - Kei-Car mod WHEN? Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Our Mumble server is incredibly active and features over 30 regular visitors, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/5d66nt/rfactor_2_sports_car_awesome_gibson_015s_matsusaka/
youtube.com/watch?v=jR5irL9aWg4
youtube.com/watch?v=LGjDCvPGEHo
youtube.com/watch?v=bmvvzxy1EV0
youtube.com/watch?v=4StTjnaqVls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Recently got a G27
>Really cranked up the FFB
>Arms genuinely feel sore after a few hours of driving each day
Does this count as a workout?

2nd for tripodding LFA's

>tripodding
>two wheels on ground
Buddy. Bipodding

Don't crank up your FFB too much, because you will start clipping and you won't feel anything after that.

>tfw no S-Cargo league
Why live if I can be snail?

Holy shit I never noticed the front left was lifted as well.
We must go further. No wheels on the ground!

Enduracers and Empty Box got rekt edition

reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/5d66nt/rfactor_2_sports_car_awesome_gibson_015s_matsusaka/

youtube.com/watch?v=jR5irL9aWg4

I've been doing a fuckton of drifting/touge driving in Assetto Corsa.

After 2-3 hours on Usui or Irohazaka, what I typically find are that both legs hurt, my ass is sore from my shitty office chair, and my arms get worn the fuck out, so much so that I've been trying to learn meme-tier one handed driving and keep the right arm on the shifter so that when I need my dominant arm for writing or using a mouse and shit, it doesn't hurt.

I don't crank FFB too far beyond standard anymore to make one-handed driving easier, with it right around normal settings I can sort of chuck the wheel around and loosely grip it until it's where I want it then clamp down again.

I realize this is fucking stupid but I want to both be able to have fun and have at least one limb that doesn't hate me, my right arm's already strong enough from all the masturbation anyway.

Who cares, did you have to post this twice

the real sad thing is that some people needed a god damn video to realize that the mod isnt very good

use a looser grip on the wheel. i heard somewhere that senna did.

FH3 is bullshit
>as of now I have fucking three chevy SS's that won't even sell on the auction house because wheel spins in online adventure are automatically taken instead of offering to sell car
>can't sell car in garage, can only remove it
Jesus Christ I don't want 4 SS', I don't need a third 2017 raptor. Fuck you.

youtube.com/watch?v=LGjDCvPGEHo

>this commentator
He may be an alright guy, but fuck me his voice is unbearable to listen to

his mic gain is too high and he tries to hype shit up too much, it's an endurance race not a fucking WWE match.

he cant control himself because allie is about to hit the track

Anyone know what the replay button on they keyboard is for DIRT Rally?

I have a G27 but not the shifter, and it only shows the shifter button prompt after the race.

So I'm giving Dirt 3 a go today. Almost finished installing.

I'm not expecting a sim here, I just hope the multiplayer is populated and fun.

no and you're a dumbass. as another said, you'll be clipping and losing all data in the ffb.

>watching manrys
>not watching 24 hours of peter grau

youtube.com/watch?v=bmvvzxy1EV0

>Still using Shitex GT3
>Not using Shitek GT3

Shiggy.jpg

triple screens are worth all the hassle

NFS U2
>start with a class D car
>each race you win 1000$
>you have to do race to unlock part upgrade
>you have to plan your decision if you would rather upgrade your car or buy a new one

FH3
>stat with a class A car
>each race you win 15k not counting the wheelspin
>you have accumulated 700k money after a few races
>games give you cars for nothing
>all upgrade parts are unlocked at start

I miss old times where everything wasn't spoofed to you.

they're two completely different and differently designed games you absolute mong

tell me what make them so different

We need a HD rework of UG2 together with improved gameplay, like AI. Seriously though, try racing on Hard difficulty on PC with keyboard. Unless youll manage to wallslide (wall-surf) at 90kmh, you literally cant win first place. And rubberbanding is way too fucking unrealistic.

U2 has a free customization mode, H3 doesn't.

You just described NFS 2015 :^)

I didn't know Infinite Warfare supported triple screen setups

you get so much money you can buy half of the car pool before you have 5% of the game done

has someone made a video about URD yet or are we still blinding by "well I paid for it so it must be good"

>1 autist and associator

GOTY

get on my level

It's patently obvious what makes them so different that you have to be retarded not to tell the difference in mission and world design.

>captcha

I don't think anyone here has ever been blinded by that m8, most of us never paid for the URD stuff.

>Not using mouse

Pleb

I mean the community at large, not this place

>those thicc monitor borders

you really didn't plan this well

that's all i had 10 years ago

WHEN

I would never think turning left could actually be fun could actually be fun

wow how did I write the same thing twice

too much fun

The same reason why you thought it wouldn't be fun

new turn left series WHEEEEEEEEN

Some of the best times I had in racing games were had on the codemasters Indycar games in the mid 2000s, which only had ovals. The second game was on xbox live and it was so well balanced and competitive and fun to find the perfect setups.

It's something about 43 cars inches from each other and that if one car fucks up the rhythm, everyone fucks up

>having a few mission gimmick somehow make it an entire different kind of game

c'mon it's just that FH3 is pandering to gen-z spoofed babies

so what is ISI making now?

it's a game focused on casual online freeroaming, what did you expect and why are you taking it so serious?

what's the point if there is no challenge

enjoying the game itself might be the challenge for nitpicky autistic types.

Honestly, if we were to do one again, it would a good to do it on a short turnlefts and some turnrighttoo tracks, just to avoid the massive accidents we sometimes had in the fast tracks.

Also a driver for the pace car. I remember someone who raced telling me you had one and that it wasn't as frustrating as the AI one.

SUPERSPEEDWAYS ONLY

AVUS ONLY

>>all upgrade parts are unlocked at start
yeah just like real life where you don't have to beat Treyvon and his clapped out Civic for a chance to buy a turbo, you just go on Amazon and fucking buy it.

MAGNIFICENT PARK ONLY

The actual driving is fun. The AI, story, and always online are bad. I just picked it up last week after hearing mostly bad reviews but I enjoy it. The car list in my opinion is full of some good choices. It does feel like a NFS Underground 3 game sometimes.

>Amazon

>short turnlefts
yes. the next people running it won't be like von who wanted to run meme tracks.

i don't know how turnright tracks would work with road course tires so we might have to modify the mod further and swap the left and right tires.

go look

Massive accidents are only a problem on superspeedways
They're also more likely to fuck up the field on a short track than somewhere like Homestead

We did a bunch of them fine, so I don't think there is a problem.

I think they're more likely on places like texas and atlanta

That weird tri oval we did went fine until katsuo did random katsuo things.

It depends. You can't block the track there like you can on Martinsville, Bristol, or the Phoenix frontstretch.

But enjoying games with no goals are for autists

fun with friends is the goal. autists can't do that.

fuck i have no friends

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What make it fun?

i don't understand.

pls explain it to an autist

well you can also have fun by barging into groups of friends and ruining their fun..

driving high detailed cars in an open arcade environment is fun for some people. It shouldn't make you so mad that they like it.

getting ready for the RealData™

I'm just mad that the game have no progression nor challenge.

Mad why? It wasn't advertised as anything other than what it is.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the driving bit while I found the rest to be acceptable (and Amy is perfect). Driving felt unpredictable and sometimes like the car had a mind of its own.

>Talented video game composer Saki Kaskas has passed away at the age of 44.

>Long-time collaborator Rom Di Prisco broke the news of his death in a Facebook post, praising the late musican's kind-hearted nature and unique creative vision.

>The veteran maestro was perhaps best known for his work on EA's long-running Need For Speed franchise, having worked on the series as an in-house composer for roughly four years.

>During that time, Kaskas wrote the music for five Need for Speed titles, including Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit, and High Stakes.

>More recently, Kaskas' contributed to a number of high-profile games, including Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 2, and Sim City 4.

>"Saki was a gentle, kind soul, with a heart of gold. He was one in a million. He was a master of his craft, and I don't exaggerate when I say that he was the most talented musician I have ever known," reads Di Prisco's Facebook post.

>"I have consistently been blown away and hugely inspired by Saki's work over the last two decades. He had it all, his guitar work, synth work, audio production skills, and a feel for music unlike anyone else."
F

Jews always killing the good people

RIP tooley

Rip my man

youtube.com/watch?v=4StTjnaqVls

I feel like cruising in a lonesome road at night with a supercar to honour him. I remember hearing callista on the new nfs and I got all fuzzy inside.

You will never be forgotten Saki Kaskas even if your actual name was pretty hard to pronounce.

but user, i am on your level

My middle of the view is slightly shifted though, so i have clear view on where i'm going. Were you seriously play with border right in the middle?

you're using facetracknoir

right?

Because my camera diode is on? Yep, some kind of tracking, Freetrack to be exact.

Everyday usefulness aside, I enjoy combining it with android game streaming, tridef, and google cardboard, so i can pretend i have VR headset.

i was just testing it out

here's what i have now, but VR is better if the game supports it and i just make do with single screen for rfactor

Is classic ranwec ever gonna happen again?

Try borderless windows and Simple Runtime Window Editor, it allows you to position and stretch any borderless window in any position you want. Cool thing.

wait, edit, LFS had this kind of fullscreen multi-monitor setups on default, there was no need for SREE there.

Still, SREE is useful for other games.

Really? Lmao, havent got a chance to try it out. UG2 either has bugged AI or im complete retard who cant take 1st place. I tryharded and raped restart button hoping that some of those retarded AIs crash. I literally had to turn 90 degrees corner at 100kmh or id lose my speed my fully tuned supra wouldve get assblasted by riced civic or peugeot 206

I'm new to rFactor 2, why does it feel like my car is going really slow and not accelerating? I'm in an f1 car but I'm not getting the sense of speed that I should

I recently replayed UG2 a bit and I've also had problems with the AI. Every race turned out like this:
>start race
>AI blasts off with no way to catchup
>restart midway through the race
>start again
>AI is pants on head retarded
>easy win

I don't know what caused this but a restart completely weakened the AI every time.

Hmmm, didnt actually notice that restarts somehow affected AI capabilitiew. Anyway, i learned some tracks to the point where i could drive blindfolded. I literally was going zero crashes, perfect steering, cornering, fast acceleration and yet i was getting shit on. I mean, yeah, its hard difficulty,,but come on, it was beyond retarded and actually unrealistically challenging. Since game releaded 2004, they were still highly focused on consoles, maybe thats the reason PC version sucked donkey balls.

Try adjusting FOV, it makes all the difference. I'm playing sims often and it really hit me when i started going out on casual karting

>played on retardedly wide FOV
>got into 9hp gokart which is not slow at all
>it all felt so slow, i was suprised i was sometimes losing traction, thought i got bad tyres or something
>started playing games on way too narrow FOV for a change
>got into same gokart
>suddenly it feels frightfully fast for first minutes, until i got used to it

no its not the FOV, its the car itself that is sort of stuttering, in the wiki it says

If you are experiencing somewhat low FPS and are travelling slower than you should be, go to your player.json file in UserData. Edit the following line:

Sim Processor Thresh=255,

And change the value from 255 to 3. (255 = no multithreaded physics, 3 = on) This will enable mutlicore processing and you will experience smoother gameplay and normal speeds.

but this command doesnt exist anymore, my fps are at 60 but the car is really slow

What car are you using? Do you have this problem with all cars or just the F1 car? (which I assume is the Marussia that's rF2 stock content)

Does it happen with AI or when you're alone?

Your computer is possibly choking on RF2's tire physics.
Older Logitech wheels like the Momo also can't deal with the high FFB polling rate and cause sutttering, idk what you have though.

What do you mean "this command doesn't exist"?, if it's not already in the .json, just type it in between some similar options.

It seems to be with all content, I've looked through the forums and so far I've found that setting a frame rate limit, lowering resolution and disabling Intel speed step really help, but this is just hotlapping so I don't know if the problem will still persist in a race in multiplayer with more people.
I added it in the graphics options but I don't think it made a difference